TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

How to open color safe? I tried divide numbers from list by number of switches and I got 51324, but it's wrong. Tried to use switches in order from smallest number to biggest and I got 52341. Also wrong. Then I decided to search for letters corresponding to colors and use them in order. So I got: white, sea, green, violet, red. It gave me 15342, but it's still wrong. Then I decided to press color switches number of times that were on the list. In other words I pressed 1st switch 20 times, etc. But this didn't work either. I am really clueless.

i stuck also at the beginning. i have a sponge a lime and 1 bunch of keys.

but how can i get into staff only or penthouse or one of the floors

@Galaer: Have you read the auditor's note on the desk in that room? It hints at what things you are looking for.

@radogoal: Read the note to Kevel for help with the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    @Galaer: Have you read the auditor's note on the desk in that room? It hints at what things you are looking for.

@radogoal: Read the note to Kevel for help with the buttons.
    In the storage room there's a chest with loot (the platonic crystals), the storage room key and nothing else.

Major spoiler ahead: EDIT... Again! Ok so this is puzzle was annoying because if you take the loot from the storage room and if you don't know how important it is, you're kinda stuck. Unless I've missed a note describing the number of surfaces/color combination, take a screenshot or make a note of the number of surfaces of each crystal you take from the chest. Purple = 4, Green = 6, blue = 20, red = 8, white = 12 (the diamond mentioned). Code = blue, green, red, white, purple.
    Last edited by Jack Lee; 10th May 2020 at 06:38.

As per the readme, none of the puzzles require you to do math. But that insight about the diamond may still prove useful.

Just keep plugging along, and maybe the solution will be more apparent later. It’s not impeding any of your progress towards beating the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lee View Post
    EDIT... Again! Ok so this is puzzle was annoying because if you take the loot from the storage room and if you don't know how important it is, you're kinda stuck. Unless I've missed a note describing the number of surfaces/color combination, take a screenshot or make a note of the number of surfaces of each crystal you take from the chest.
    Not quite. You'll get another chance to work these out later.

It did work, haha

The sequence for the colored buttons does not require the player to examine the loot in the storage room. That’s a clever way to figure it out, but not the intended one. So if the puzzle was frustrating, it’s only because you were trying to solve it earlier than intended. As you progress further, you’ll likely note that all of the information is contained on the plaques in the platonic crystals exhibit.

You did it a faster, but cleverer/harder way— no harm in that
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 10th May 2020 at 07:04.

Looking good so far, played about 15 min. I'm not a big fan of too many puzzles, but i'll try it. Just one thing, i'm already really tired to hear "No luck here" And not just one time per door.
    Really funny floors, i made it to 105
    Last edited by Beltzer; 10th May 2020 at 07:54.

Hm, you shouldn’t be hearing that at all, yet. There’s exactly one place in the mission where you should hear that, and it’s towards the end. Not sure what’s happening, but I’ll look into it.
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 10th May 2020 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Hm, you shouldn’t be hearing that at all, yet. There’s exactly one place in the mission where you should hear that, and it’s towards the end. Not sure what’s happening, but I’ll look into it.
    I PM you with a youtube link.

I can't see which keys I have. It would be useful if it worked better than just a keychain. :3

Oh boy, this mission is breaking me. I managed to get code for final painting and use it correctly. I got holy blessing sound. Then I noticed 4 statues and read descriptions under them. So I need 4 items. Where they are? I have no idea. I have every area in hotel unlocked, I was everywhere and never spot any special items. Also just to be sure, is this the way to get Aleph Stone or is it in some completely different place?

I'm hearing "no luck" too at almost every doors. Visual and architecture are really nice but the game become quickly frustrating. I'm playing in Expert and it's really hard to find what to do next. All I find is secrets when trying to find where to go. I don't like playing in normal or hard in general, is there more clue in lower difficulties ?

Well, 3 hours. The map is a little maze-ish but nothing too bad. Verdict: Wow!
    Bug (possibly game-breaking): if you try to use keys (instead of black crystal) with a pedestal, pedestal starts to move up to the sky in the Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the machine" style...
    Last edited by A.Stahl; 10th May 2020 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Oh boy, this mission is breaking me. I managed to get code for final painting and use it correctly. I got holy blessing sound. Then I noticed 4 statues and read descriptions under them. So I need 4 items. Where they are? I have no idea. I have every area in hotel unlocked, I was everywhere and never spot any special items. Also just to be sure, is this the way to get Aleph Stone or is it in some completely different place?
    The four items you seek are at the base of the "Muse of the Four Seasons," from where you began the mission

There is a way to get the Aleph Stone. Have you been in the West Wing already?

Great and very beautiful mission so far but I'm stuck at the same place as many it seems. I can't find a way into the head of staff office. There is a banner one floor above that should head in the direction and it's the only one i can hit with a sword and it makes a sound but I can't figure anything out. Please help, I want to go on, the beginning seems so promising

ah yeah and I also hear the "no luck here" on every lock that needs a key

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    I'm hearing "no luck" too at almost every doors. Visual and architecture are really nice but the game become quickly frustrating. I'm playing in Expert and it's really hard to find what to do next. All I find is secrets when trying to find where to go. I don't like playing in normal or hard in general, is there more clue in lower difficulties ?

LOL! I didn't realize the default lockpick not working click sound is called "noluck." The voice-over I used for another part of the game overwrote it. Not a "bug," per se, but not an intentional design choice. I can see how that would get annoying though. I'll probably patch it up at some point, since I prefer the "click" sound, myself.

Yes, the easier difficulty levels provide more direct hints. Where are you stuck at the moment? Have you been in the Penthouse yet?

can't find a way into the head of staff office.
    keep the button pressed thats all

:3

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Well, 3 hours. The map is a little maze-ish but nothing too bad. Verdict: Wow!
    Bug (possibly game-breaking): if you try to use keys (instead of black crystal) with a pedestal, pedestal starts to move up to the sky in the Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the machine" style...
    I appreciate your final verdict! Glad you enjoyed it!

RE: the pedestals, that is certainly not supposed to happen

UPDATE: Issue fixed in v1.05. Pedestal no longer reacts to keys
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 10th May 2020 at 20:22. Reason: Updated to 1.05

no I haven't been and I can't see how to get there either and please don't make a so cryptic

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett TMT View Post
    keep the button pressed thats all

:3
    head of staff, not the staff area, I know how to get there

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    head of staff, not the staff area, I know how to get there
    The door will be you way out, not your way in.

Bigger hint: Consider window access

Big hint regarding Penthouse access: Think about the non-standard technique you used to get into the staff only area. Note the .'s and _'s (standard Morse Code notation) in Kevel's task list

The door will be you way out, not your way in.

Bigger hint: Consider window access

Big hint regarding Penthouse access: Think about the non-standard technique you used to get into the staff only area. Note the .'s and _'s (standard Morse Code notation) in Kevel's task list
    thank you, sometimes it's so easy and you can't figure it out
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

@prjames

I'll reiterate my earlier hints:

And further clarify that if you have the note to Kevel you already have everything you need to progress. Task 2 tells you exactly how to get into the Staff Only area.
    Yes, I think I understand the task 2 of note to Kevel but it's not working.

1. Stand by staff-only door.

2. Click on button and hold, then mouse to something else - button now appears to be in "down" position.

3. Attempt to unlock door with Kevel's key, lockpicks, my bare hands - nothing works!

What am I missing here?

- prjames

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast