TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

Hmmm,
    spoiler:
    not enough water arrows to clean stuff
    - anyone know where I can find some? Oh, wait, maybe there's something else I can try first...

Well, if you don't have portable water, go to where there's standing water---just need a way to bring it with you

Thank you so much for making this fm. I finished it on Bachelor difficulty and had lots of fun.
    It is a nice homage to Hilbert's paradox of the Grand Hotel. There were nods to Cantor and Brouwer as well.

There are a lot of clever gameplay mechanics involved which were a delight to discover
    • The Morse Code Puzzle was something that I was skeptical would work but it was satisfying to see the gate lift up
    • The Paintings and the glasses allowed the player to teleport to certain areas.
    • The Infinite Stairs and the infinite height of the hotel. I didn't know that it was possible to do this. I was really hoping that we could access every floor and get infinite loot

The hotel itself can be quite confusing to navigate. The West Wing was really obscured and I didn't think to look up. That was the only pain point for me in this mission. I actually completed all the bonus objectives before I even got to the actual Aleph Stone.

Atmosphere wise, I'm not sure if it is your intention especially with the inclusion of mages but the whole idea I got about the hotel was that it was a magic hotel. Magic in the sense that it was the cause for the infinite floors in the hotel. There could have been some readables about how the hotel came to exist, (constructed by Professor Hilbert?). It would bring a little context and flavor to the mission.

Being a hotel, some areas felt really empty. I would expect guests strolling about, hotel admin staff in their offices. Maybe even an actual event that is happening in the ballroom. It will brighten up the overall mission. The talismans themselves could be hidden in different places rather than the base of the statue.

Btw is it even possible to visit the pool and pond areas? I could not figure out how to get to them.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself and I'm looking forward to the next fm. That cliffhanger ending really got to me. Good job for creating this fan mission!

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Well, if you don't have portable water, go to where there's standing water---just need a way to bring it with you
    Yep, I figured that out eventually but seriously, is there any other way into that gated room apart from jumping across gargoyles? After close to 100 attempts, I'm about ready to give up...

If needed, the diagonal strafe-run can make the leap more forgiving. But yeah, it’s a tough jump and fully optional in terms of beating the main objectives.

@SilenTaffer
    Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it. My advice for reaching the pool/pond is similar in both cases: look up!

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    My advice for reaching the pool/pond is similar in both cases: look up!
    Wait, there is a way to get to Wishing Pond? I'm in spiral staircase and look up and I don't see anything.

How do i get the Aleph stone? Iím in Brouwerís painting world and itís not there. It should be where the 8 ball was right? Also how do i get the menger sponge?

Gave this one up after 35 minutes. Received only one key that led me not very far, same as my lockpicks, most doors and grids remain unopened. I even managed to jump on the opposite balcony with the 1st secret but this proved to be a dead end, too. No use for my rope arrows ... sorry, for me too far away from typical Thief gameplay.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    How do i get the Aleph stone? Iím in Brouwerís painting world and itís not there. It should be where the 8 ball was right? Also how do i get the menger sponge?
    Aleph stone: The note by Brouwer's body in the 8 ball exhibit room tells you where to look.

Menger sponge: The note on the cabinet in the Legal and Compliance office refers to the Menger Sponge exhibit being linked to the elevator power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Wait, there is a way to get to Wishing Pond? I'm in spiral staircase and look up and I don't see anything.
    Don't look up there.

Hint: If you look through the door towards the pond terrace, what you see may suggest a possible way to get in.

Further hint should you need it: Go back down the staircase, go inside, and search high up for the entrance.

WOW! This mission is so cool, so many clever puzzles with the relieving AHA!-effect.
    After second playthrough I have all 4 bonus objectives, however I'm missing 170 loot and 2 secrets.

These secrets I've found:
    1) Infinity Pool (a ring) (entering via vent shaft opposite elevator)
    2) Meeting room (entering via a balcony and rooftop)
    3) Penthouse, guards' area, locked bedroom (entering via windows and flower bed)
    4) Brouwer's office, secret compartment (switch under desk)
    5) Summer Suite, (gem in cashbox behind wardrobe)

Can anybody give me hints where to find the last bits of loot and the remaining 2 secrets, please?

P.S. After getting the Menger Cube I first was in panic because I thought I never can return to the Staff Area and the Lobby - but then I remembered an emergency elevator power reset button in the Omega Area. Really cool!

Urumo: One of the secrets you miss is very close to yours secret #2.

Thanks, Galaer.
    Now only 70 loot missing and 1 secret.

Greetings!

I think the last secret you’re missing:

Near the Penthouse banquet ball
    One of the shelving units doesn’t have a candle on top—where might it have gone?

Thank you very much, Trefoilknot.

Now I just have to find these 20 g (must be a pair of coins).

Have a nice day!

Urumo: I'm not sure if that's what you are missing, but there are 2 coins near statue just after Staff Only Area door.

Galaer: yes I already found those coins (they were 3x double-coins).
    I'm looking around the guards' areas (bunk beds, gambling room, etc.) but with no success till now.

'If you can read this turn fog on taffer'

I got news for you. I can read it and 'I have fog turned on'

Urumo: How about coins from Wishing Pond? I remember that my loot count increased exactly by 20 there and it's not easy to find this place.

Galaer: yes, that must be the place. Did you enter the Wishing Pond area? Could you give me a vague hint, what to do there ?? Please, please ??

where can I find the 4 items?

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett TMT View Post
    where can I find the 4 items?

:3
    I assume you're referring to the Talismans?

If so, did you awaken the muse? Once you've done that, go back to her in the entryway courtyard---not within a painting---and you'll find them around her base.

I guess i found bugs in the fm?
    Coloured buttons on safe with no numbers ?
    The electric fence invisible ?
    I don't have fog ?

I can't get into the main art area because of a gate. ???
    Last edited by howeird; 12th May 2020 at 13:32.

Garrett TMT: I suppose you mean the 4 talisman?

They are at the base of the big Muse Statue next to the hotel's main entrance.

But before you can collect them, you need the spectacles found in Prof. Hilbert's office and you must do some "paintings travels". Then again you have to set the correct star constellations inside the painting in Hibert's office.

Gaeler: forget my asking - I've found my way to the pond. In the water were the last 20 g of loot.
    Thank you for giving me the hint!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast