TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

thx

I couldn't take it somehow, but it works now :3

Its a fantastic mission, i started to play a day ago hope you will make another missions like this

T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Aleph stone: The note by Brouwer's body in the 8 ball exhibit room tells you where to look.

Menger sponge: The note on the cabinet in the Legal and Compliance office refers to the Menger Sponge exhibit being linked to the elevator power supply.
    I read the message and it says itís in the west wing. There is nothing here. And there is no map so west wing is not clear. The 8 ball is in the west wing right? As far as the sponge goes, i did read the message and tried it but i cant make it back to the penthouse once i turn off the elevator power. How do i get back up?

@Keeper Arthur
    Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it there will surely be more missions coming, but they are a long ways off... If you're hungry for more math-inspired thief puzzles, my first mission, Bertrand's Forgotten Tomb might hit the spot, though it's a much less ambitious project.

@Basso the Boxma
    The West Wing is in the Penthouse, not in the Gallery. From the Penthouse Atrium, the lower west wing has the guards' quarters/rec room. The upper West wing is right above that, but it's a little tricky to get there.

Outright spoiler: Use rope arrows and climb in through the atrium window

Regarding the Menger Sponge: Something in Brouwer's office might help you get back up

No clues

Where is the key to the elevator for Omega suites guest ? How do i get by the gate for the penthouse at the top of the elevator ?

Kevel's note will tell you how to open the penthouse gate

Big hint: think Morse code

Quote Originally Posted by howeird View Post
    I guess i found bugs in the fm?
    Coloured buttons on safe with no numbers ?
    The electric fence invisible ?
    I don't have fog ?

I can't get into the main art area because of a gate. ???
    None of those are bugs--all working as intended, except for the fog issue. Sounds like you either don't actually have it turned on, or there's something messed up with your install. Does fog work for you in any FM?

Fog is turned on. I do not know morris code but i understand now Brand new install running 1.27b patch. I found the colour combination for the safe in a earlier post - so i got that.

Edit: What other FM's have fog ? I will have to download one to see if it works on this install. I seen the fog sky message on steam install and disk install with same patch but it's not working on either install.

Edit 2: Thought there would be a buzzing (beeping) sound for the morris code. That messed me up because there is no sound like beeps on morris code ???? I hear no sound. I'm in now
    Last edited by howeird; 12th May 2020 at 21:04.

Hmm, I've seen mention of a corpse but I've yet to find one despite searching the Aleph Display room from top to bottom. Also, if I grab the Aleph Stone, it disappears and doesn't show up in my inventory? I finally found a way to the upper pool deck, yay, but still cannot find an eight-ball or unlock the armoury and a few rooms in the lower west wing where you can hear the sleeping guard.

Hi xenomorph,

I’m at a loss. This isn’t an issue that’s come up for anyone else, and given the simplicity of the setup in that room, I can’t fathom what could be going wrong for you. Could you PM me with more details about your install/FM loader?

When you steal the item from the Aleph Stone exhibit, does anything happen? Do the lights come on? Does Garrett say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Hi xenomorph,

I’m at a loss. This isn’t an issue that’s come up for anyone else, and given the simplicity of the setup in that room, I can’t fathom what could be going wrong for you. Could you PM me with more details about your install/FM loader?

When you steal the item from the Aleph Stone exhibit, does anything happen? Do the lights come on? Does Garrett say anything?
    PM sent...

forgive me if these answers are in the thread, I don't want to find out too much too soon.

I think I've messed up the order of operations:
    I got the electrified loot, but now I can't get back down to open the color-coded safe whenever I find the combination.
    What was the use for the locked-up note with six numbers in that room?
    I returned the 8-ball to the tavern but I think I should have kept it to Indiana Jones the aleph stone.
    I entered the seasonal constellations on the wheel and heard a sound, but what do I put in the four angels' hands?

MrMunkeepants: maybe I can help you a bit.

To return to the lower parts of the hotel - next to both elevators is a wall panel with an emergency power reset button, pushing that button re-starts the elevator power.

For the color-button-puzzle - did you already find the platonic gems in the storage room? If not, take a close look at them when you grab them (colors, shapes...and the note with the numbers will make sense).
    If you already have them, then you should find a way into the closed gem exhibit. (See that broken window at the far side?) To go there look for an openable window in the room where the Menger Cube was. In the gem exhibit read the plaques!

For the Muse-puzzle - after you hear the sound, go back to the place where the big muse statue is (next to the main entrance of hotel) and examine its base.

One more thing to add: the Indiana Jones technique will not work to get the Aleph Stone, so no harm done by returning it already.

If you want a hint on how to steal it, let me just ask: how did you steal the electrified menger sponge?

Alright, finally finished it! Hard to praise anything specific that hasn't already been mentioned, just wanted to add my gratitude.

[mention]trefoilknot [/mention] Finally finished it!! Really fantastic mission. I love puzzles even though they can get really frustrating lol. Loved the architecture. And i loved the Mahler, Whitacre and Ravel music you used for the painting teleportations! That was a great touch! Canít wait for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    MrMunkeepants: maybe I can help you a bit.
    thank you! I had picked up the loot items, then other loot, and knew they were connected but couldn't correlate them; I had tried the route suggested but couldn't make the jump earlier. I just needed that encouragement
    Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    If you want a hint on how to steal it, let me just ask: how did you steal the electrified menger sponge?
    I swear I tried that already but I couldn't bring it back. I shouldn't play while sleepy.

But I'm doing it anyway! I have the seasonal stones and the black stone and I'm in the temple. There are clues under the angels, but maybe I'm not interpreting it correctly?
    winter = silver gears
    summer = wheels
    autumn = sand falls
    spring = arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    But I'm doing it anyway! I have the seasonal stones and the black stone and I'm in the temple. There are clues under the angels, but maybe I'm not interpreting it correctly?
    Read it vertically.

@Spyrano and Basso the Boxman,
    Thanks so much! It’s nice to know my efforts are appreciated! The next one will likely be some time off from now, I’m afraid.

P.S. nice ears, Basso!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Read it vertically.
    oh, an acrostic I like my reasoning better (for 3/4). it feels a little anticlimactic, but I hope there will be a follow-up!
    and with that I'm done.

was there a better way to access the meeting room than falling off the balcony?

Yes, there’s a better way there.

Try: mantling up from the courtyard below.

Specifically: stand in the middle window and jump/mantle to climb up the muse. Then jump from the muse to the rooftop.

Oh, this mission was great! From the moment I discovered the infinite staircase (which I climbed 35 floors of in hope of an easter egg before giving up) I knew it would be a delight.

I missed a bunch of loot and a bunch of secrets, but that's normal. When I'm LPing I can't stop to think as much, and can't put the mission down to sleep on a puzzle I'm stuck on. Still, I got through most of the puzzles without any hints, and if I'd been paying a little more attention to my surroundings and my actions I'd have needed none. I'm still laughing at myself for having to look up how to get into the chief of staff's room (duh! you just jump across!) and then later how to escape the room after picking up the aleph stone. I'm particularly embarrassed by the latter, since I had already figured out how to steal the Menger sponge, so I should've already been thinking outside the box, as it were! Whoops.

Small point of confusion: I thought (incorrectly, as it turned out) that it was a bug when I picked up the diamond dodecahedron and a bonus objective appeared, already marked as complete. I couldn't remember finding the other four gems, but I had already been to the relevant place and looted it, so I guess I just didn't notice. I think this is because it's not an object I saw and picked up, but just in a chest—so it just goes "tring" and I know I got some loot but I never really pay attention to what sort of loot comes out of chests. It wasn't until much later that I found the readable concerning all that which cleared it up.

Possibly actually a bug: I got into the West Wing by simply frobbing one of the desks from the wrong side of the partly-open door. Again it wasn't until much later that I connected the item on Kevel's note to the intended path. Although perhaps this isn't a bug so much as simply an alternative? (Also, perhaps the mission relies a little too heavily on Kevel's note? It gives direct hints for three—or more? puzzles. Although I suppose it's convenient!)

Curious if I also did this wrong: I got into the Meeting Room by mantling the statue, then accessing the roof. But I noticed that I couldn't mantle the statue in the in-the-painting worlds, which made me unsure if my being able to do it normally was accidental or not. Edit: okay, just read the comment above, seems this is indeed intentional.

Definitely a bug (Edit: Nope! I'm just oblivious!): if I frob the sponge, before having got it wet, then it just vanished out of my inventory permanently (Edit: apparently I just threw it away into a dark corner, and didn't notice at all! ). This may have been after I dropped it and picked it up. And possibly a design issue, or at least it was very unobvious to me: I had only two water arrows at this point, but could well have had none. How would one wet the sponge without one? I tried dropping it on the ground in the rain in the Spring painting, but no luck. Probably worth mentioning I never found my way to the infinity pool, or perhaps that would've helped?

Anyway, I had a blast with this mission!
    Last edited by vfig; 15th May 2020 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Definitely a bug: if I frob the sponge, before having got it wet, then it just vanished out of my inventory permanently.
    You just throw it away. It's silent, so you may not notice it when it falls behind something. It's not a bug. I didn't know you can wet it by using water arrow. I used water from a pool.

i need some hints please

where can i find the stone and the information for the importance of the stone?

@vfig
    Glad you enjoyed it! (And i really appreciate those squirrel scripts you wrote for me!) Like Galaer said, I don't think that's a bug- it should be thrown from inventory when frobbed. Regarding your route into the Upper West Wing, that definitely isn't the intended route. I'm impressed you were able to get through that way; I tried to make it difficult, but evidently not quite impossible. Which door worked for you?

@radogoal

You should read Hilbert's diary, on the desk in his office

If you haven't found his office yet, go back up the spiral staircase in the penthouse, and pay extra close attention to your surroundings...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast