TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Regarding your route into the Upper West Wing, that definitely isn't the intended route. I'm impressed you were able to get through that way; I tried to make it difficult, but evidently not quite impossible. Which door worked for you?
    It was the northernmost of the three blocked by desks.

Enjoying this one, love the atmosphere!
    However, i'm a bit stuck...

So far I've been to Staff Only area, Chief of Staff office, Staff offices, the gallery and all Penthouse suites.I found the note to Brouwer when I got the 8 ball, but I've no idea where to get his poem. Not sure who Brouwer is or where his room is.

Glad you're enjoying it! Sounds like you've yet to discover something very unusual about the Penthouse's spiral staircase

Head back up to the Wishing Pond and pay close attention to your surroundings as you head up (especially as you get to the top).

Outright spoiler: This is a double helix staircase. You need to get to the other helix. (Rope arrows into the beams above can help.)

Thanks trefoilknot - that's just what I needed!

My usual problem - in too much of a hurry to notice. I'd even walked all round the little platform at the top!

Cool FM! Was having fun until I reached a dead end. I cant figure out how to get the stone? I see it, I grab it, and gate closes. Tried turning off the power using the painting thing, but that didn't work. Any better clues?

Also, How to get into the guest suites? I got onto the balcony and visited the other balconies, but I see no way to enter these other suites

Indeed, anyone who dislikes puzzle missions should probably steer clear of this one.
    I'm useless with puzzle FM's and this one is almost too obscure for me but I so want to beat this mission so I can write a decent comment in the Brief Summaries...

So a couple of helps would be appreciated.

How do you get into the room with the 2 wooden doors in the guards area of the penthouse, looks like you should be able to jump to the flower bed window sill but only fall to my death that way.

Have solved the 4 cubes puzzle and got the spectacles and have been to all the pictures and entered them but can't see anything to do in any of the pictures, what am I missing?

That’s the right idea with the window sill, but it is a tricky jump. Totally optional though, so no need to go crazy trying to get it.

In the paintings- look up!

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    How do you get into the room with the 2 wooden doors in the guards area of the penthouse, looks like you should be able to jump to the flower bed window sill but only fall to my death that way.
    You might like to try aiming your jump towards the corner of the flower bed, i.e. slightly to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    Cool FM! Was having fun until I reached a dead end. I cant figure out how to get the stone? I see it, I grab it, and gate closes. Tried turning off the power using the painting thing, but that didn't work. Any better clues?
    Hint: There is a way to leave that room with the gate closed.

Further hint: Think spectacles.
    Last edited by urgrue; 16th May 2020 at 13:20.

Thanks Urgrue, yes that's tight jump and now I have a badly needed health potion.

btw how many floors has this hotel? If you jump out of the window by the card table you'll see why I ask, it's taller than the Empire State building.

In theory, it has countably infinitely many floors.

But in practice it has max qvar floors (if you take the stairs) and however many floors it takes for Garrett’s fall speed to exceed whatever a room brush can recognize (if you take the plummet)

@RJSS66

For access to the rest of the suites,check the table on the spring suite balcony, and first window after the spring suite balcony.

@RJSS66

For access to the rest of the suites,check the table on the spring suite balcony, and first window after the spring suite balcony.
    Thanks! Finished.
    Loot: 9965/10270
    Secrets 5 of 7
    Pretty sure one of the secrets I missed was the ring in the pool area. I saw a note about it, looked all over, but never did find it

trefoilknot: Great mission, visually stunning and great puzzles! but I am stuck I have been through all the muse paintings in this order winter spring summer fall, but can not find the talismans?
    Strong hint please.

They are at the base of the muse statue, back in the entryway courtyard.

Ok you mean after I visit the paintings go back to the real world statue?

Edit: I just went back to the statue and there are no talismans
    Last edited by pwl; 16th May 2020 at 22:07.

Yes, exactly.

EDIT: I was assuming you had already used the information you received inside the paintings. If not you’ll need to go back to cantors temple first, and then you can get the talismans
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 17th May 2020 at 07:25.

Must say I really enjoyed this mission it was done very well. I finished but without finding the autumn key. Would like to know where it is. I spent long time searching for it but to no avail. found 4 secrets and 2 bonus

Quote Originally Posted by uhai View Post
    Must say I really enjoyed this mission it was done very well. I finished but without finding the autumn key. Would like to know where it is. I spent long time searching for it but to no avail. found 4 secrets and 2 bonus
    Autumn Suite key is inside Autumn Suite.

I probably would have found it if I had gotten in

You can go in through the window by the Spring Suite balcony.

Almost finished but I still can not find the Aleph Stone I got the Eight ball outright spoiler would be great.
    Thanks
    pwl

It's in the Upper West Wing---that's the barricade section overlooking the penthouse atrium.

The best way in is to use rope arrows on the atrium beams. But once you're in there, you'll still need to find a way out with the Stone-- easier said than done.

Thanks I had gone there earlier but could not open gates?? On my way now and I want to say this is an amazing piece of work!!
    pwl

Finished and I hope you are going to give us the next installment soon! that ending is a real cliff hanger!!

Trying not to read any spoilers in the thread, so sorry if this has already been answered. I have been all over the place, but I can't find any water to wash off the Limeaway. I'm playing on expert and have no water arrows. I'm guessing what I actually need is some type of container for the water?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast