TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

I have the seasonal stones and I'm back in Cantor's painting but I can't place the stones in their holders. Am I missing a step?

When you say you can't place them, do you mean that the receivers don't frob? or they do, but nothing happens? Or do you mean that you don't know where to place the stones?

Once you have the Talismans, it should be easy to place them in the receivers. The only tricky part is figuring out which one goes where. If you're not able to place them, something might be wrong with your install. You can pm me a save file and I can poke around.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    When you say you can't place them, do you mean that the receivers don't frob? or they do, but nothing happens? Or do you mean that you don't know where to place the stones?

Once you have the Talismans, it should be easy to place them in the receivers. The only tricky part is figuring out which one goes where. If you're not able to place them, something might be wrong with your install. You can pm me a save file and I can poke around.
    The receivers frob but nothing happens. I've mailed you a save file. Thanks for all your help.

It all worked fine on my end, not sure what the issue is. In case it still isn’t working for you, I sent you a save from right after placing them. Enjoy!

Thanks for that.

What a mission! I loved the architecture, it reminded me of the great mosques in Spain and how mathematics shaped their forms. You have obviously given a lot of thought to each stage of the mission and lavished a lot of attention to detail. A tour de force!

I am totally stuck in this mission.
    spoiler:
    I have only accomplised the first two of kevel's tasks and i have no idea how to proceed. i have 4 keys.I don't know where i am supposed to go next. The locked doors now are Chief of staff,Hotel administration and of course the elevator.Can someone please tell me exactly what to do next?
    Last edited by dedaki; 8th Jun 2020 at 13:11.

Next step is the penthouse. Kevels note will tell you how to get in.

Spoiler: the dots and dashes in the task list correspond to short and long frobs of the penthouse access button.

Next step is the penthouse. Kevels note will tell you how to get in.

Spoiler: the dots and dashes in the task list correspond to short and long frobs of the penthouse access button.
    Yeah but the problem is
    spoiler:
    I have no idea where i need to go to do that?Where can i put down the code?I see nothing but locked doors and a lock in the elevator.

The elevator to the penthouse is unlocked (at the other end of the hall from the locked elevator).

The elevator to the penthouse is unlocked (at the other end of the hall from the locked elevator).
    Ok sorry for being annoying but is this an unfrobbable door with a button next to it?I click the button and right click it a million times and nothing happens.What am i doing wrong?Thank you so much for your quick replies!

The elevator should open when you frob the button. Can you send me a save file in front of the elevator doors? Which version are you playing and what’s your thief install version?

It’s just a simple control device setup, so I have a hard time believing there’s a bug affecting it (which no one else has encountered).

EDIT: in typical tech support style, I have to ask: is the elevator power on?
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 8th Jun 2020 at 14:16.

The elevator should open when you frob the button. Can you send me a save file in front of the elevator doors? Which version are you playing and what’s your thief install version?

It’s just a simple control device setup, so I have a hard time believing there’s a bug affecting it (which no one else has encountered).

EDIT: in typical tech support style, I have to ask: is the elevator power on?
    I am so sorry,I somehow deactivated the elevator when i was sure i had it on.Your edit was very helpful,thank you!

HAHA! No worries, it happens to the best of us- glad it all worked out

I need some help please.
    spoiler:
    i cannot get in the autumn suite,i tried the balcony door but it's locked.Where is the key?Also how can i get the cube without getting electrified?

You can get into the Autumn Suite by going in through an exterior window. It's just past the Spring Suite balcony, above the protruding gargoyle

Regarding the Menger Cube, that one is a little tricky- totally optional though. For now, all I'll say is that once you've stolen the Aleph Stone, the solution should be more apparent.

I need some help please: Where is brouwer´s office? I need the poem in his trash can so I can solve the puzzle.

So far I really love this fanmission, but I´d advise you to make a map the next time you plan on making such a huge fanmission. Since you have to go back and forth it´s very difficult not to know where certain rooms are.

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Brouwer’s office is: directly below Professor Hilbert’s office- just take the spiral stairs down.

If you haven’t found either office yet, you’ll need to pay extra attention to the architecture of the spiral staircase.

Major spoiler: it’s a double helix!

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Brouwer’s office is: directly below Professor Hilbert’s office- just take the spiral stairs down.

If you haven’t found either office yet, you’ll need to pay extra attention to the architecture of the spiral staircase.

Major spoiler: it’s a double helix!
    Thank you! I already found professor hilbert´s office, I just should have gone down the stairs.. which I didn´t
    So now I need to get inside the rooftop´s wishing pond, but the door is not frobbable/accessable. Could you give me a hint & a spoiler (in case I´m too dumb for the hint ) how I can access it?

Edit: Cancel that, after 10 seconds looking at it, I think I don´t even have to access it for my answer but just out of curosity, is it accessable? and if yes how?

You don’t need to get there unless you’re dead set on finding all the loot.

It’s accessible via rope arrow from one of the four corner towers in the walkway which overlooks the penthouse atrium. I can’t remember which one off the top of my head.

You don’t need to get there unless you’re dead set on finding all the loot.

It’s accessible via rope arrow from one of the four corner towers in the walkway which overlooks the penthouse atrium. I can’t remember which one off the top of my head.
    Thank you! Since I´ve faced a few bugs already, I need to ask: If I enter the painting in bowsers office, does the music change like it does with the 4 season paintings? Or does it just continue normally like in the real world? It´s difficult to know if I´m in the real world or the dream world now since there´s no difference when using the glasses (so far, I didnt explore anything in the dreamworld yet cause I wanted to make sure it´s not bugged). The bugs I was facing so far:

-When I jumped into the 4th season painting it didn´t work out. There was no star constellation in the sky and the music didn´t change (it was the same as in the real world), so I knew it must be a bug. Luckily I had an earlier save and there it worked out then. I have the 4 talismans now.

-Just like someone else here, when I placed the 4 talismans on the statues where they should go, the statues werent frobbable. They highlighted, but they didnt take the talismans. So instead of placing where they belong, I randomly tried putting the talismans on the 4 statues and it worked out. The pedestal came out of the floor. The talismans are still in my inventory now though instead of in the hands of the statues.

Hm, that’s very odd.

In short, no the music should not change.

Regarding the other issues you’ve encountered, I haven’t a clue. So far two players (you and one other) have experienced an issue with placing the talismans, but when I fired up the other player’s save file, it worked perfectly fine for me. So it doesn’t seem to be a logic bug... There must be some difference between our installs. Perhaps a dependency is missing from the .zip, but I don’t believe so. It’s been successfully tested on clean, no-frills installations. When you say “4th season painting,” which one are you referring to?

Are you using v1.05 (not that I would understand the issue with an earlier version)?

Hm, that’s very odd.

In short, no the music should not change.

Regarding the other issues you’ve encountered, I haven’t a clue. So far two players (you and one other) have experienced an issue with placing the talismans, but when I fired up the other player’s save file, it worked perfectly fine for me. So it doesn’t seem to be a logic bug... There must be some difference between our installs. Perhaps a dependency is missing from the .zip, but I don’t believe so. It’s been successfully tested on clean, no-frills installations. When you say “4th season painting,” which one are you referring to?

Are you using v1.05 (not that I would understand the issue with an earlier version)?
    How do I recognize then if I´m in the dreamworld and not in the real world and the other way round? Is there any other sound when I jump into the dream world? The way it jumps in front of the picture was the same as with the season painting bug and I have no way of knowing if I´m in the dream world now or not. It was the summer painting that had the bug if I recall correct.

Yes I´m using v1.05. FMselector and thief patch 1.27c. Ima just send you my save, so you could perhaps check if its going the correct way?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_F...ew?usp=sharing

Scroll through your inventory and see if the spectacles of extradimensional experience are equipped or unequipped. If you’re inside a painting, the spectacles should become equipped. They then become unequipped if you frob the equipped spectacles in inventory.

I’ll try to take a poke at your save tonight.

Ah, interesting. Yes, there is something strange about your save. You somehow have both equipped and unequipped spectacles. That would explain all of the issues you’ve encountered. I just can’t figure out how that would have happened. AFAIK, every time you’re given one item, the other is taken away. You seem to be in between worlds...

I’ll need to investigate how this happened, but it will be awhile before I’m able to get to the bottom of it (expecting our first child tomorrow!)

In the meantime, I was able to beat the mission from your save without issue. Just entering and exiting the painting in hilberts office set things back to normal, for me.

Still, I’m very curious how things ended up that way! It seems to think you’re inside the painting in Hilbert’s office, even though you’re clearly in the main hotel building.

Trefoilknot, you of all people should know that ordinary logic stops applying when you start dealing with infinities.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast