TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The 2020 video thread

The 2020 video thread

Ever wonder what ancient languages sounded like? This channel has most of them

I just find that one hilarious.

Have this guy's videos been circulated here? Probably the most interesting thing I've found searching for Thief fanworks.

Still Subjective
    I mean it was super nerdy, in a larpy sort of way, but I appreciated the music.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post

I just find that one hilarious.
    It's a good remix of the original, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    I mean it was super nerdy, in a larpy sort of way, but I appreciated the music.
    I think it's just a bit of fun. The guy's quite serious about "stealth training" though. It got me down a pretty interesting rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    It's a good remix of the original, yes.
    Yes

That horribly fake sound is really distracting - had to mute it. Otherwise, quite interesting.

I find this, better:

"no fake sounds", as-is - except some silly artsy aspect ratio shenanigans. No cuts.

Enjoyed the Thief obstacle course but now try it wearing a cloak, a utility belt stuffed with potions, lugging a 50 kilo loot sack and 30 arrows.

I have been watching too much model train stuff, musing about trying N scale, since I live in an apartment.

This is perhaps the most elaborate working model RR I have seen so far, not in the sense of it's square footage but for its diversity of industrial sidings, stations, switching set ups and interactions in general. And of course the amazing detail.

Then there is the pure and hilarious mayhem (at least I think it's hilarious but my judgement may have been eroding of late) of Josh either stumbling through amateur games or pushing more serious franchises to limits the developers never imagined possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zombe View Post
    That horribly fake sound is really distracting - had to mute it. Otherwise, quite interesting.
    May be fake, but it's well adapted to the footage, even the galloping sounds are perfectly timed with the carriages, I wonder how the editor pulled it off...

I was always fascinated with model train sets, but usually more with the environment than the trains themselves.

When I was a wee lad, I had this fantasy of running a sort of robotic arcade with a giant model train set. People could come and sit at a console and control little robots that could ride the trains and interact with the environment. Explore buildings, fight each other, etc. Basically a giant sandbox MMO before anything like that existed.

Not a new video in the slightest as this happened back in the late 80's. Over in the US Doctor Who was screening on TV (a Tom Baker episode), and the channel was hacked into with this really freaky sequence:

Became aware of it today due to a Watch Mojo video which mentioned it. The perpetrators behind the hack were never found.

I've put a new PBY Catalina vid online, if you're into old warbirds

Last edited by raph; 5th Jun 2020 at 06:41.

Memories

done

I think this is one of the most unintentionally funny things I've ever seen

Go home, 2020, you're drunk.

This is neat