TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Violent End of Duncan Malveine (18th May 2020))

Only got 27 cards, and 4000ish loot on Expert, but that was a fun mission. Yeah, the auto map couldn't figure out the floor I was on sometimes, but it mostly worked, and it's so rare in FM's that it was a very welcome feature.

I liked being able to choose your entry point in the lead-up too. Makes you feel involved in the heist planning a bit more. And there was lots to do on the rooftop, a lot of mansion missions have just a simple one, or have it not accessible at all. The whole building was realized very well, it felt like an actual, functioning castle/mansion.

Well, I need help. Really. Cards. Searching. G-r-r-r.
    Please, help me with these riddles:

The second watches and applauds, The acting troupes that tread the boards.
    You may say that the answer is trivial: theatre. Somewhere near the chairs. But no.

And out the front in gravelled yard, The King behind the door does guard.
    Pfff -- you say -- that is also trivial: backdoor near the graveyeard. But no.

Behind a bookcase waits the Jack, It opens if you've got the knack.
    Simple: Somewhere in the library. But I have already found a few cards there. So no.

A.Stahl:

1. You have correctly identified place, but it's not below chairs, it's above them. Also remember that chairs are located in 2 places in theater.

2. There are 2 gravelled yards near front door outside. Both have entrance to basement. Also it's not behind door connecting basement with outside, it's behind other door in the inside room.

3. You are completely wrong this time. Check Security Room with bookcase. I don't remember the floor.

Incredible. That is a shame that this mission wasn't ready to participate in the anniversary contest. It is a top-tier FM.

Is there actually a difference whom to frame with a loot? I framed lawyer as he already had note about vault code guessing, so lawyer would be the most realistic "thief". Or am I overthinking the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Incredible. That is a shame that this mission wasn't ready to participate in the anniversary contest. It is a top-tier FM.

Is there actually a difference whom to frame with a loot? I framed lawyer as he already had note about vault code guessing, so lawyer would be the most realistic "thief". Or am I overthinking the situation?
    I don't think you are overthinking. I really think author prepared many scenarios. I framed killer, so he will take "his" secret to grave.

Is there any answer to the disappearing doors? as in my previous post this is annoying.

I just happens in large missions. I fixed as many as I could. It won't break anything.

Just started playing and looking around. Wonderful and exciting!

nicked, do you have any suggestions for me to increase the frame rate? It tends to be really low - especially in places where are huge amounts of plants and trees - but sometimes even inside the mansion.

Thanks for the reply enjoying this very much!! Great job.

I need a hint for the safe code. This mission is a masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I need a hint for the safe code. This mission is a masterpiece
    The safe code is randomly placed, probably depending on murder scenario. You just have to search in all the rooms.
    Last edited by smithpd; 20th May 2020 at 01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    nicked, do you have any suggestions for me to increase the frame rate? It tends to be really low ...
    I tested the mission on two different computers, both five years old. The "worst" one, not intended for gaming, had integrated graphics and CPU built into the monitor. I never had any poor frame rates on either one even at full monitor resolution (1920 x 1200 now). My only suggestion is to reduce your resolution within the Thief Options menu (Video), say to 1280 x 720 or 800 x 600 and see if that fixes it. If you need more help, please describe your system hardware, graphics card, memory, software, and Thief version. Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.

I need some help with the vault. When a take the diamond alarm fires an can't get out. Also how do i find the special loot used for incriminating evidence

I guess you haven't found the vault security manual. It will tell you everything you need to get the diamond.

There is no special loot, you just need 1000 of any loot.

@ticky - for low framerate, not sure what to tell you - it's mostly stock resources, so unless it's the mission size/sightlines, I've no idea. There's nothing in the mission that should trouble any modern computer. Are you having trouble in any other missions? It is always low or is it specific areas? And does it get worse over time; is it better at the start of the mission?
    Last edited by nicked; 20th May 2020 at 03:14.

https://i.postimg.cc/jd7WYHMB/Bear-Pits.jpg

Can't wait to see how that 9:00 pm event turns out!
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 20th May 2020 at 05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    nicked, do you have any suggestions for me to increase the frame rate?
    Not sure if it help, but try to disable fog.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I guess you haven't found the vault security manual. It will tell you everything you need to get the diamond.

There is no special loot, you just need 1000 of any loot.

@ticky - for low framerate, not sure what to tell you - it's mostly stock resources, so unless it's the mission size/sightlines, I've no idea. There's nothing in the mission that should trouble any modern computer. Are you having trouble in any other missions? It is always low or is it specific areas? And does it get worse over time; is it better at the start of the mission?
    No, I don't have problem in other missions. The frame rate is rather low on the outside, especially where there are a lot of plants of a huge view of the house. It's slightly worse at the start of the mission and gets better with time!

Thank you

OK. Do you have an old system? There are a lot of polys in view in the outdoors areas so I expect it's just that. This mission certainly wouldn't meet the original game's min specs.

Well, my fault: I did not upgrade from win7 yet, but the hardware is "normal" I guess, core i5 CPU with 8gb ram. I do have an onboard VGA because I'm more into audio quality, but this in itself should not cause the low frame rate. Even the overcrowded forest of Godbreaker mission 2 was faster. Maybe it's the polys count in the outdoors.

Yeah probably the onboard graphics struggling with the poly count outdoors.

Kin - Have a look on the roof directly above the area you entered the vault code for something heavy enough to take it's place. Very important to drop this item on the pedestal BEFORE you take the diamond. The second objective on normal should answer your second question. Just frob the sack and it will deduct the amount required and become part of your inventory.

Can't figure out how to deal with the weight sensor in the vault
    edit: Ok now I saw the above post thanks!
    Last edited by Kin; 20th May 2020 at 13:13.

what is the function of the 4 interlocks in the dungeon?

I'm going nuts trying to find the last few cards (and note #2):
    5 (books in a corner), 8 (art gallery)
    ♦️ 7 (dining room)
    ♠️ A (kept nice & hot, where playing children worry not)
    Also, I don't feel like I have enough info to decide who to frame and who to accuse. I have a bunch of bad people and alibis, though. I did find a note about the cook being a Harrison, but nothing else about them to make that matter.

radogoal - you find out what those locks are for by collecting cards.

Mr Munkeepants -

5 of Hearts - check the library stairwell
    8 of Hearts - Look around the eastern side of the gallery
    7 of Diamonds - check on top of the furniture
    Ace of Spades - Look in the playroom for somewhere hot

For the murderer, there are more clues around! It won't break anything if you get it wrong though.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast