TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Violent End of Duncan Malveine (18th May 2020))

how can i disable the electrically charged floor ?

answer

with a jute bag from the roof
    Last edited by radogoal; 21st May 2020 at 04:21.

I've found a book of diamonds and a book of hearts - are there similar books for clubs and spades, and if so, a hint on location...?

Clubs -- Duncan's bedroom
    Spades -- Clocktower.

Thanks, A Stahl - had been to both of those locations and still can't believe I missed them, sheesh...

please i need a hint to find the evidences of the murderer

and are there any other fanmissions of this author?

This mission is incredible!!

I'm having some trouble with the cards, though. I've almost found them all, but there are a few that confound me:

The 4 of spades. The book says it's hiding in the wall of the watcher's lever room. Now, I did find a secret room in one of the watcher control rooms, but it led to a different card. I couldn't find any secret passages in any of the other watcher control rooms, though. What's going on here?

For the Ace and the 3 of hearts, I would like a hint, please! Apparently the Ace is in a secret passage. . but where??

For the 8 of hearts and the 2 of diamonds, I'm going to need a blatant spoiler. I know the 2 of diamonds is somewhere up in the second storey balcony seating in the theater, but I cannot for the goddamn life of me find it! Same thing with the 8 of hearts. I've scoured every inch of the gallery and found nothing except for what looks like a possible secret passage, but no way to open it.

2 of diamonds is somewhere up in the second storey balcony seating in the theater, but I cannot for the goddamn life of me find
    it!
    If I recall correctly, it is on the left column.

Overall hint: almost all secrets have "oculars" for peeping in the adjacent rooms. Those oculars are rather noticeable. And map is very(!) correct, so it isn't really hard to discover secrets.

For the Ace and the 3 of hearts...
    For the 8 of hearts and the 2 of diamonds, I'm going to need a blatant spoiler.
    Heart Ace : basement floor, search and blind frob the banner close to housekeeper room
    3 of heart : i think it's in the beautiful dinner room with the fireplace and the long table, search on the wooden beams or behind the balcony railing
    8 of heart : art gallery, on the floor behind one of the pedestals
    2 of diamond : theatre balcony, left column, look up
    Last edited by Apiai; 23rd May 2020 at 05:43. Reason: sorry I was wrong for 8 heart

Most awesome mansion ever? It's truly beautiful. The flow is natural and logical. Every room has something neat about it. Thank you for not making every door locked with a 3-pin lock that takes 30 seconds to open, as some FM designers tend to do.

I must say the "reward" for collecting all of the playing cards was a bit...underwhelming. Not exactly worth the seven game hours spent finding them all. I was hoping to have the spirit of the idol start hunting me through the mansion!

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    please i need a hint to find the evidences of the murderer
    The way I did it was

find & read the autopsy report

then find the method that would kill in that way

then find the person who has access to that method, they'll be the killer

for example in my case

it was death by poisoning, according to a book in the library the symptoms matched deadly nightshade, Darcey has access to deadly nightshade so Darcey was the killer

I now have a full physical page of notes just on playing cards locations some of the clues are more than a bit suspect, unless it was written yesterday; is furniture never moved? How long has the Hammerite stuff been stored there? How long have certain rooms been under renovation?
    I still can't find the 8 of Hearts in the art gallery or note #2

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    For the murderer, there are more clues around! It won't break anything if you get it wrong though.
    it will break... justice *perches like Batman on a rooftop*

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    The way I did it was
    from what I can tell the symptoms match wolfsbane, but I can't find any; the effects take 1-6 hours but most alibis don't cover that time. I did find nightshade, but that could be a red herring (unless I'm overthinking it)

Hi everybody!

Can someone please give me a hint where to find
    1.) Jack of clubs (by which "builder" is this card )?
    2.) Queen of spades (has this sth to do with a painting )?

All other cards found. Thanks in advance for any help !

Urumo: I found them behind Theodore's wardrobe, which spies into the play room, and on the N balcony, off the renovation room, in a grate - there is also a secret passage nearby (I'm not sure how the clue relates, either
    Lady Taffer: did you check the control room by the dining room for the 4 of spades? there is a switch by a beam that evaded me for a while

How to access the secret door in the top floor of the library? I've tried everything nearby, with no luck yet.

8 of heart : search wooden beams in the gallery
    I don't understand this. There are no wooden beams in the gallery. Not the art gallery where the card I'm looking for is, anyway.

MrMunkeepants: I found it! That was a sneaky place to hide the switch!

EDIT: Found the 8 of hearts! That shouldn't have been nearly as difficult for me to find as it was. -_-

I'm still missing Gregor's 2nd missive, though. Where can I find it? Oops. . turns out I'm also missing pages 7 and 10 of Gregor's missive.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 21st May 2020 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    The way I did it was

for example in my case

it was death by poisoning, according to a book in the library the symptoms matched deadly nightshade, Darcey has access to deadly nightshade so Darcey was the killer
    Really enjoyed this mission - a solid sinister-mansion heist with a twist. In my case the solution clues were:

Find the autopsy report (I'm assuming Theo can't fake it...) This will give you the likely murder weapon if you explore. In my case I found two people with access to it - one had no real motive I could find.

There are newspaper pages scattered around. This gives you the date of the attack, and some will corroborate people's alibis that they were elsewhere on that day. I'm also assuming people are reasonably honest in their diaries. Would you really write down "I wasn't there, guv, honest!" in something no-one else should be reading?

A smoking gun note that said the murderer met with Duncan near the scene of the crime. There was evidence of a struggle there as well.

I framed the Doctor because he was a bit of a perv and I just wanted to embarrass him. I didn't think he'd get hung!

Could do with a hint for the Jack of Diamonds and 2 of Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    EDIT: Found the 8 of hearts! That shouldn't have been nearly as difficult for me to find as it was. -_-
    I'm still missing Gregor's 2nd missive, though. Where can I find it? Oops. . turns out I'm also missing pages 7 and 10 of Gregor's missive.
    please tell me where to find it!
    Gregor's missive #7 is on ground floor, in SE storage; I didn't write down #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Could do with a hint for the Jack of Diamonds and 2 of Hearts.
    Jack ♦️ in the top SE tower, hidden under Hammerite items

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    please tell me where to find it!
    8 of hearts? It's in the art gallery on the floor behind one of the pedestals . . .the one holding that giant vase-thing, I think.

I also need the Gregor's missive #10 and the 10 of spades (I assume it's in the basement so I searched behind all the couches with no result).

10 of Spades: 1st floor, SE corner tower.

Missive Page 10: Upstairs secret room in library.

Since I never found it, can somebody tell me where is Page #2?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    10 of Spades: 1st floor, SE corner tower.

Missive Page 10: Upstairs secret room in library.
    Thank you nicked, I got them both and I ended the mission finding the right murderer with the two bonus objectives (by the way the one about Gregor's missives is not translated in french, there is only the checkbox ticked). It's a truly impressive mission with some incredible details, a lot of work on the readables and a really original idea with the choice of the starting point. I enjoyed every minutes I played, bravo!

Missive Page 2: Check the room where you put the cards into the slots...

Thanks, this page blend really well into wall.

Does the player need to collect literally ALL the cards to complete the mission?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast