TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Violent End of Duncan Malveine (18th May 2020))

You don't need to collect any of the cards. It's entirely optional.

Finished playing on expert, took me over 4,5 hours.

Really well thought incentive to search high and low for playing cards. The 2 of Diamonds really presented a challenge - even with the brilliant clue books. I found the 2 of Diamonds by reading this thread.

Also the random murderer plot is a motivator for playing the FM again.

I actually found the right murderer, and apparently the lawyer got caught red handed in stealing the Star of Seraphine.

The mission reminded me a bit of First City Bank And Trust mission from T2, because of the severe presence of Mechanist technology.

The well created Auto map helped a lot, I easily get confused at first when playing missions as comprehensive as this one.

This is a really well constructed Old School T2 mission, which I'm a huge fan of.

I'll rate it A+.

Question: Is the high up on a eastern building Arrow target in any way connected to a secret?
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 22nd May 2020 at 09:18. Reason: added spoiler wraps

i have two questions.

is it possible to raise the frobbable wodden floor in the area of the remodeling

is there a list, where you can find all the cards? are there any cards in the garden ?
    Last edited by radogoal; 22nd May 2020 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    from what I can tell the symptoms match wolfsbane...
    There's definitely a jar of that in one of the rooms, can't remember which one though, sorry

Wolfsbane is in the Cook's room. That is in the cellar.

radogoal - 1) No, but it could be an important clue to finding out the killer.2)There are four books, one for each suit, hidden separately throughout the property with clues for locating each individual card. The Book of Diamonds is in the Library and Hearts in the Lord's Study. The other two locations were mentioned in a previous post.(#53)* edit I went back and read a letter that contained a detail I had previously overlooked and now made this clue relevant to my search for evidence.
    Last edited by joinusnow; 23rd May 2020 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by joinusnow View Post
    radogoal - 1) As far as I know, there is no way to raise the inexpertly fitted section of floor and it is not a relevant clue to pertaining to the case.
    In my run it's where Duncan was murdered. I took it to mean there was evidence of a struggle that had been inexpertly cleaned/covered up. I could find no way to raise it.

After getting the idol, What flashed up just as you exit the mission? I was too fast for me to register what it was.

I'm on expert, I have 4754 loot (so I met my 3300 loot goal) and already have the diamond. However, I do not really get it: how does the "additional 1000 loot" gets counted by the game? I mean which I have to stash in one of the family members or staff's bedrooms. I don't see the loot "separated" or "stashable". Also, how to open the old man's basement room?

Thank you, and also thank you nicked for your previous answers.

ticky - Go back to the alley at the very start of the game. When the bag highlights, click on it and the 1000 will be deducted. The sack of loot will become part of your inventory and you can now frame anyone with an open chest in their room that highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by joinusnow View Post
    ticky - Go back to the alley at the very start of the game. When the bag highlights, click on it and the 1000 will be deducted. The sack of loot will become part of your inventory and you can now frame anyone with an open chest in their room that highlights.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by ticky; 23rd May 2020 at 08:48. Reason: Will ask my question in separate post

it's a nice missions, although the cards are very tricky

spade 8 in the near of a astrology book, but i can't find the book and heart 8 is a miracle for me, how should this work

what's about clubs 2 . should be in the cellar on a pipe. i think a found it beside a ladder which leads me to a storage but i can't frobb it. or is it the wrong pipe?
    club 9 i found a secret corridor and i found the room with maria but i can't find the 9

and who is aunt joan?
    Last edited by radogoal; 23rd May 2020 at 01:37.

Would anyone kindly direct me to Gregor's Missive Page #5? That's the last one I need probably in one of the two secrets I've missed - ?

How do you find out who your employer is?
    I found this scroll in my inventory saying Lord Cedric is arriving tomorrow, not sure if he's the guy but having the scroll and reading it doesn't tick off the objective

I found this on the theatre ceiling, this texture is quite different, what is it all about?

https://youtu.be/wOv42o2UB6s

I'm wondering about: should I get an "objective complete" signal, when I turn on a spotlight for one of the pictures in the family gallery? Because I don't. But the briefing said there are no wrong answers for the question about who is the killer. Also, I met my loot and frame goals, and I stole the diamond as well.

Missive page 5 is in a secret room between Father Turton's room and the bedroom full of junk on the 2nd floor.

Lawviz: Picking up that scroll should trigger the objective to complete. Did you hear Garrett comment? Try reading it again? If not, feel free to send me a save file and I can have a look.

ticky: Yes you should. Check there are no other portrait lights on. You must leave one and only one turned on. If that still doesn't work, the QVar might have got broken somehow. Feel free to send me a save file and I can debug.

Looking for Gregor's missive #4 and #9, please.

after 5,5 hours i'm looking for follwing card and one message

message 9
    hearts 2,
    clubs 2,
    spade 8

please give me some hints
    Last edited by radogoal; 23rd May 2020 at 16:14.

Congrats to the release, Nicked!

I enjoyed playing your FM (even though it was the preliminary version to see if all translated text files are correct), I love the story of that bizzare family Malveine and the fascinating history of their ancestress. Furthermore I think it is a very good idea to make most of the goals optional/bonus so that the player is not under pressure to find all the items/clues. The random generated murder story is genius, that makes several FMs in one.

Could you please edit your first posting and add that the FM is also playable in german and french? I don't know all the new FM loaders and I even don't trust them, sometimes I have a sneaking suspicion that the multi language option is not displayed here and there automatically ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    Looking for Gregor's missive #4 and #9, please.
    #4 is with 4 of spades, in a secret room from the security room by the dining room
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    after 5,5 hours i'm looking for follwing card and one message
    hearts 2,9
    clubs 2,
    spade 8
    2 hearts is in a store room, sorry I can't be more specific; 9 hearts is hidden behind a flower pot in a purple hallway, I believe off the main stairs
    2 clubs is in the basement closet off the servants' quarters
    8 spade is in the library, I believe seen from the rafters

sorry but i despair on this cards

should this closets be located in tne cellar? can't find there only closets i found , are those beside the smokerroom.

where should this store room be located ? in the basement?

where can i find the great builder ?
    Last edited by radogoal; 23rd May 2020 at 16:14.

Yes, so - 2 of Hearts - between two crates in one of the small storerooms off the metal-floored hallway in the basement.
    2 of clubs - go up the steps in the servants' quarters, then the closet is on the left. The card is on a pipe.

Zappenduster - added that info to the first post now.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Missive page 5 is in a secret room between Father Turton's room and the bedroom full of junk on the 2nd floor.

Lawviz: Picking up that scroll should trigger the objective to complete. Did you hear Garrett comment? Try reading it again? If not, feel free to send me a save file and I can have a look.

ticky: Yes you should. Check there are no other portrait lights on. You must leave one and only one turned on. If that still doesn't work, the QVar might have got broken somehow. Feel free to send me a save file and I can debug.
    Thank you! I'd like to send you the latest save. How would I do that? I think I cannot attach via PM (only via some filesharing service).

Yeah either send me a link to a fileshare, or my email address is in the mission readme.

Sent you PM with link, thanks a lot!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast