TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Violent End of Duncan Malveine (18th May 2020))

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    2) Search roofs near targets for newly spawned blue chest.
    You are kidding me !

*goes to look*

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Missive #9: it's in one of the prison cells.
    Ah, thanks so much. Not even a 'secret' and I must've walked past it half-a-dozen times!
    Last edited by Wroke; 28th May 2020 at 11:40.

Hi, I WAS looking for the 6 of clubs.

Which particular chimney pot is it leaning against? Do I have an impossible jump ahead of me (I hope not!) UPDATE: I found it - no spectacular jumps required. Go to the northeast tower, get on the roof, go south over a low roof to a chimney with two pots - it's at roof level to the left of the chimney, on a ledge. This rooftop also is reached by going up from Lord Duncan's bed area via the ladder to the roof.

Update: I also WAS in the same state as radogoal earlier - I was looking for the 9 of clubs; I found the secret passage allowing me to find the room next to the smoking room behind the library fire but no 9 of clubs anywhere in that passage. UPDATE: Found it - to the right of the shaft containing the ladder going down.

- prjames

Update: I've now found all cards.

Also, I'm curious for the location of Missive page 8; I have all the other pages. BUG: When I finished the mission, the statistics claimed I had 13 out of 13 pages, although Missive page 8 was definitely not in my inventory.
    Last edited by prjames; 28th May 2020 at 20:28. Reason: Now only looking for a page of the missive

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I'm curious for the location of Missive page 8
    Missive page #8 is in the basement wine cellar: mantle up on the workbench and open the grate.
    Once you find the last page they are replaced by one single item (the full Diary) in your inventory, so it's easy to check.

I can't seem to find the 4-digit code to open the vault, can someone please give me a hint which room in the manor is the code located in? I'm stuck. I started the mission in the sewers leading to the basement on normal difficulty since this mission has the tendency to randomize the placement of the code in a different part of the mansion and not the same place.

There are 10 places the code could be (but each has 3 clues spread around the place that should help guide you to it).

Have you found any text that references the vault or the code?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    There are 10 places the code could be (but each has 3 clues spread around the place that should help guide you to it).

Have you found any text that references the vault or the code?
    I pretty much checked all the rooms on each floor of the manor, but I did find some text scrolls, I guess it could be a hint to finding the code to open the vault. I probably would say the code could be in the ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the manor. Excluding the basement section. I'm not really sure, this is my 1st time playing this mission.

Update: I was able to find the code, without giving out any spoiler of the location where it was all this time, let's just say I did find it earlier in the mission, but had to backtrack to the basement area. The placement of the code may be different for anyone else who may get stuck like me. I forgot about it later in the mission and now I was able to complete it successfully! Great job making this awesome FM! I look forward to playing another one of your FMs again soon. Hopefully it can be another great mansion heist mission like this one, it is my favorite mission type after all.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 1st Jun 2020 at 04:07.

None of the places where the code can be are hidden; they're all out in the open. I can't be sure which location you've got, all I can say is to search likely rooms again.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    None of the places where the code can be are hidden; they're all out in the open. I can't be sure which location you've got, all I can say is to search likely rooms again.
    I completed the mission successfully like I said before. It took me awhile, but when you're in a mansion just as big as Disneyland, it can take awhile to explore every inch of it to see where to go next and complete the mission objectives without hassle. I was going around in circles from floor to floor around the manor for a long time unfortunately, but it was all worth it. Just lots of rooms and corridors to explore. I look forward to playing another fan mission like this one if you have anymore you made already. I'm in for another one anytime!

Iīm missing a few cards, can someone help me please? No hints, but the exact location would be appreciated:

-diamonds 8

-spade 6

-spade 8: someone here mentioned its in the library, seen from rafters, but I canīt find it anywhere up there

-spade queen: someone here mentioned itīs around the renovation room on a balcony in a grate. But I canīt even find a grate up there?!

-club 9

You mention the library; you may not be high enough. There's a card that can be seen easily if you enter the library from its window in the roof.

Got all the cards except Jack of hearts. I found a secret area on 2nd floor in the library opened by fobbing a book that I thought was going to be it, got a page of Gregor's missive there but no card.

Have I missed it there somehow? Can anyone give me a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    You mention the library; you may not be high enough. There's a card that can be seen easily if you enter the library from its window in the roof.
    If you mean the card that was on top of one of the book shelfs, the one you can only see if you enter from the window of the roof onto the rafters, then I already have this card, but it was not the spade 8 one but another one. Canīt remember which one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefcat View Post
    Got all the cards except Jack of hearts. I found a secret area on 2nd floor in the library opened by fobbing a book that I thought was going to be it, got a page of Gregor's missive there but no card.

Have I missed it there somehow? Can anyone give me a hint?
    That one is not in the library but in one of the security rooms. I canīt remember which one, but you need to look up to see a lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Iīm missing a few cards, can someone help me please? No hints, but the exact location would be appreciated:

-diamonds 8

-spade 6

-spade 8: someone here mentioned its in the library, seen from rafters, but I canīt find it anywhere up there

-spade queen: someone here mentioned itīs around the renovation room on a balcony in a grate. But I canīt even find a grate up there?!

-club 9
    Iīm missing two more. Right away spoils would be appreciated:

-club 7: it should be in the pool (the one where I also get the bonus objective when I jump into it), but I cant find it there?!
    -missive #3

That one is not in the library but in one of the security rooms. I canīt remember which one, but you need to look up to see a lever.
    Got it, thanks! 1st floor security room

7 of Clubs: is behind a pillar in the pool room (not the outside pool)
    Missive page 3: is in a secret alcove inside Theodore's bedroom behind the wardrobe.

Ah thank you very much! Could you give me some help on where to find these here aswell?

-diamonds 8

-spade 6

-spade 8

-club 9

8 of Diamonds: Behind Joan's grave
    6 of Spades: In the chandelier in Duncan's bedroom
    8 of Spades: Beside a chair in the reading room, ground floor NW
    Queen of Spades: Same place as Missive page 3, as above ^
    9 of Clubs: In the secret room behind the fireplace in the library

Could you give me some help on where to find these here aswell?
    Didn't you find the four hint books where all cards have been listed?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Thank you very much for the help, nicked!

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Didn't you find the four hint books where all cards have been listed?
    I did! But I couldnt guess them (before nicked gave me the answers), like:

-diamonds 8: "ich wohn nah beim tantchen joan" - who is aunt joan?

-spade 6: "die sechs läg aufm bettenlicht" - I thought bedlight means a light next to a bed, so I searched all beds and lights

-spade 8: "sternenbruch" - I have no idea what that even means. I looked near the teleskop on the roof thinking it might have sth. to do with the stars

-spade queen: "In der Lücke siehste die Dame und Klein-Isobel". With "Klein-Isobel" I thought it might be somwhere in the playroom but I couldnt find anything there

-club 9: I was in the secret room in the library and found another card there, so I have to go back there and look more carefull

Last edited by Samantha1; 2nd Jun 2020 at 11:27.

Can anyone please tell me the exact location of
    spoiler:
    9 of hearts and 9 of diamonds?
    They are the only ones i am missing.

@dedaki

OK, first hint is obscure, the last hint is pretty blatant use as much/little as you need

9 of hearts, just off the main stairs on the next to the top floor, there's a short corridor with purple wallpaper & 2 flowers in pots, with the stairs behind you the card is behind the one on the left

9 of diamonds, in the greenhouse, ground floor, just under the metal walkway, with the inner courtyard behind you it's to the right about halfway along

Jack of hearts, I'm stumped. Where do I find it?

Nevermind, found it. I seem to be losing my thief abilities as I get older
    Last edited by RJS66; 3rd Jun 2020 at 11:06.

Last one.. 7 of hearts? frobbed all over the winter garden and nothing?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast