TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Violent End of Duncan Malveine (18th May 2020))

Mission is BROKEN.

Everytime I leave from where I start (click on door), I go to a place and after a couple seconds a skull appears failing the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    Surprised this wasn't a bonus, shooting an arrow across the courtyard from the clock tower to those 2 targets high up only got Garrett complimenting himself
    Before you make hasty decisions take a comfortable walk around the roofs and keep your eyes open behind those two target areas...

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Before you make hasty decisions take a comfortable walk around the roofs and keep your eyes open behind those two target areas...
    Just got that.. Thanks! As I came up to it, I was thinking to myself, "How did I miss that?"

If you are dying/seeing mission failed right at the start, i could use more info, or a save to try and figure out what's happening. It's not a problem that has ever occurred during testing. Does it specify a particular objective that has failed?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    If you are dying/seeing mission failed right at the start, i could use more info, or a save to try and figure out what's happening. It's not a problem that has ever occurred during testing. Does it specify a particular objective that has failed?
    It said I failed the "don't kill anyone" objective. I tinkered with the settings and got it to work. Thank you

What settings fixed it? Glad it's working now!

I'm four hours in and still haven't found all the cards and I'll be damned if I check spoilers. This mission is a classic, just fantastic.

nicked,
    This is simply one of best fan missions ever!
    Great work! Thanks!

How can I disable the electrified floor in the vault?

If you search Duncan's bedroom, you should find a book detailing the vault security measures.
    The electrified floor is turned off via a control panel in one of the towers.

Floor

Hi, I need some help with picking up the "Star." I read in an earlier post about using a "jute" bag that can be found on the roof. So far, I have not found anything on the roof that may work.

Ha ha, got it! I did not see the hatch in the control room above the vault.
    Last edited by Kaain; 15th Jun 2020 at 13:45.

You can also use any heavy object.

fantastic mission .Ive been searching for 5hrs now but I cant find the vault code so gonna have to leave it .Great work though

After over 5 hours, I have completed this absolutely gorgeous monster of a mission.
    9/11 Secrets: Oh how I wish I had kept track of which ones I'd found! I will have to do that when I play through again. Which I definitely WILL DO, I want to see how other methods of murder change things up.
    2 Bonus Objectives: Found all missive pages and got the idol.
    4136 of 5011 loot. SO MUCH MISSED. Need to keep track next time! Maybe I didn't do enough re-searching once I'd disabled all the watchers, but after well over 5 hours (since the time total doesn't really show ALL the time it took), I didn't have it in me.
    Killer successfully identified: Yes! For me, it was Thornwood knocking out and drowning Duncan. He was also the one I chose to frame.

This mission was absolutely huge. The mansion (and all its sprawling grounds) was fantastic.
    I was also INCREDIBLY creeped out by the metallic sounds, and when I first started catching glimpses... oh yes, the jump scares got me, and got me GOOD. I actually had a long internal debate with myself over if I actually wanted to complete the card collection, because I didn't know how BIG the final scare at the end was going to be. Thank you for not giving me a massive heart attack.

Reading through this thread I see comments about climbing the clock tower and that really confused me. I feel I missed something there because there didn't seem to be any way to do that?

Regardless, this mission was incredibly fulfilling to play and to complete. Thank you so much, nicked! Wonderful, truly wonderful job!

Shaz, if I recall correct there were two more bonus objectives:

1. The high jump from the roof to the outside pool
    2. Climbing on the edge of the clockwork tower to get some extra loot

WOW! a fantastic mission! thank you!
    Where can I find the 4 of hearts?
    and the 6 of diamonds?

nevermind, found them-my eyes must be tired!
    Last edited by Sir Reginald; 29th Jun 2020 at 10:25.

Finally finished after about seven hours. Correctly identified the killer, did all the cards, did NOT find all the secrets.
    Thoughts: Very Very Very good murder mystery, figuring out the clues and stuff was good fun. The mansion itself is great, very pretty and I always love missions set in one building that's filled with stories. I was at first kind of iffy on the incredibly detailed map, but once I realized how the cameras worked, it became a lot of fun trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B while passing as few cameras as possible. Great stuff. The cards were fun at first but by the end I felt like I was in a purgatory, endlessly bunny hopping through an empty mansion desperately seeking out those last few more cryptic details. Still though, outside of that I had a wonderful experience and I could feel every bit of time and love you put into this.

For the love of CHRIST, I cannot find the seven of hearts.

I've looked in all corners of the indoor garden, and all corners of the courtyard. NADA.

Please help, you brilliant people.

EDIT: I also looked "in the NW corner behind a plant pot". There is none. I'm losing my mind.
    Last edited by MarcusFlintlock; 16th Aug 2020 at 00:50.

It's in the very northwest corner of the map - not the interior courtyard. Near the western gate to the north side of the house (the wild garden with lots of trees), look between the north outer wall and the plant pots between the two benches.

Fantastic mission. Had a blast finding everything I could.

One question, though: how do I get into the room marked with a question mark? It's beside the diorama room, and I have no clue if I need a key I haven't found, or if there's a secret passage somewhere, or what.

Can anyone help?

There is a key for that room.

Check Raymond & Lucy's room.

Thank you

I feel like a fool, I hadn't even gone into their room, lmao. I got so focused searching the lower floors for cards that I blanked out their bedroom.

Don't know if I'm exactly happy to get into that room, though :P

Again, great mission, I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

I started this mission and got about half(?)way through, then something happened to my Thief2 installation.
    Not this mission's fault. Thief 2 simply would not run, suddenly. Loving it up to that point.

Did a fresh install of Thief 2 with most recent T2fix in a completely different folder. Annoying, but necessary, since nothing I tried could salvage my older installation (Tafferpatcher setup).
    But the mission now crashes right after the Item Purchase screen.
    Other missions are running OK. Can't imagine why this one won't run.

EDIT:

OK. I installed Thief 2 again in a still different folder using the old Tafferpatcher (with 1.25 Newdark), and it runs just fine.

Now to start again (which I really don't mind, because this just so cool a mission). . .
    Last edited by tone_lord; 29th Aug 2020 at 12:01. Reason: found a fix

Impressive work. Beautiful architecture. There are tons of readables with clues but a lot of them you can't take with you and it's difficult to have to remember them or take notes. The map is huge and trying to remember how to get to a certain objective is time consuming. Other than that it's enjoyable.

Finished the mission but I could not find all the metal cards or the missives. It was fun playing it overall and I will try to finish the other objectives.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast