TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Fog is not working in T2 installation

Fog is not working in T2 installation

Hello I need some help with getting the "fog" to work in a relative new Thief 2, Tfix1.27 (from 15/6-2019) installation with default Tfix installation. (The Tfix1.27 is from that date, not the installation)

I don't know how long it hasn't worked because I've not thought about it until I started playing "T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel" and a message in the sky told me that I'm a Taffer and Fog isn't on.

But it is on and Sky detail is set to High in the Graphics settings , and Bloom is off in cam_ext.cfg.

I searched for a FM that had fog in it, and found out that "Raid on Washout Central" has fog in it, and I've recently played it without any fog, so I guess that proves it's off.

And I have made an * in "mod path excludes" in FMsel

I found this:
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133946#fog

which is old, and I don't have any Direct3d setting in my nvidia setting, because I'm playing on Linux Mint which is based on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.

I'm going to try to install Direct3D in my WINE installation.

See this thread: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150542

It don't work on Linux by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    See this thread: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150542

It don't work on Linux by the looks of it.
    Hi Niched, thank you for your reply!

You are right it's Wine related, and I guess that fixing this isn't on the Wine developers to do list in the near future.

I can tell you that my mission is perfectly playable without fog, it just kills some of the atmosphere and the backstory won’t make quite as much sense. It won’t affect gameplay though.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    I can tell you that my mission is perfectly playable without fog, it just kills some of the atmosphere and the backstory won’t make quite as much sense. It won’t affect gameplay though.
    Hi trefoilnkot, thank you for your reply

I'm glad and relieved to hear that, and btw the mission really looks quite promising, despite the missing weather feature, only played the FM for about 3 minutes now.

I've been playing T2 and TGold with Wine on Linux for 8 years now, and it took a message like that to point out that something is missing.

But everything else in FM's is working in general. (Maybe)