TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TG Mission - The Hammer Skull 19 May 2020

AngelLoader and NewDarkLoader will do the same, I believe (I use FMSel though).

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    AngelLoader and NewDarkLoader will do the same, I believe (I use FMSel though).
    Neither one of those loaders work with Linux. Darkloader and FMSel are the only two that work with Linux. I have a Windows 10 computer but the lighting is terrible with Newdark and this display - the lighting in Newdark is much better with Linux. I have another display but it's older and smaller so i don't use it. I found with FMSel, if i forget to uninstall the previous mission, it will cause problems with the next fan mission i play so i have to completely reinstall the game if forget to uninstall it. It's sad that darkloader is no longer updated because it always worked well for me.
    Last edited by howeird; 3rd Jun 2020 at 07:13. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    According to one specific scroll the key to the bank's vault is brought to the Locksmith. Is this the small room by the water channel with one window which shutters are partially closed? How I'm supposed to get inside that room?
    I've got this problem as well, I can't seem to find the Locksmith

--EDIT-- Never mind, found the key to the main vault

hint for those still looking there's a moving set of shelves in the bank
    Last edited by Esme; 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:40.

Fun mission. I'll give you a compliment, it felt like Thief!

This one was fun. Definitely felt like the first game.

bbb,
    Thanks for the mission. It was nicely done and fun to play.

My review:

"The Hammer Skull" by bbb is a very good medium-sized fan mission. Garrett has to break into a Hammerite temple and steal a renowned Gold Skull. The first half of the level takes place on the city streets. Though relatively small and narrow, they are well-designed and offer the player an opportunity to break into several buildings: hotel, factory, shops, and a small mansion. There is a lot of loot to grab in secret rooms and compartments, which is nice, but I wish the hidden switches were harder to find. The Hammerite Compound consists of the main church and some adjacent buildings. Loud surfaces in the temple provide an additional ghosting challenge. The sewers are interesting and quite atmospheric. The readables in the mission are short and to the point - the way I like it. I liked the voiced conversations, but their audio quality could have been better. In summary, I can definitely recommend "The Hammer Skull" to those who enjoy classic city missions. BBB's newest creation is not as impressive and large as his gems "Augustine's Revenge" and "Nigel's Hidden Treasure", but it is a very solid release. I would like to thank the author for this nostalgic journey into the darkness - it reminded me of some of the first city missions created in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

My rating:
    Atmosphere: 9/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Story: 8/10

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Thanks to Fortuni for taking the time to do a walkthrough.

Aemanyl, very nice review. I agree with your constructive criticisms and thank you for the respectful way you communicated them.

bbb

i enjoyed this mission,thank you bbb for another great mission,completed on expert the conversations were amazing through out mission

just replayed mission on expert results are 15499/17289,1/1 pockets picked

i even went out of bounds to try to find loot i was missing,it must be hidden very well to get it all

was there a way to get the fire crystal in hammer church?

there is a pretty good amount of hidden area's to find,more then first glance/my first run missed a good amount

over all i enjoyed mission,probaly your easyest mission so far,but still challanging

Great mission! Finished on expert with 13264 in loot.
    Last edited by mxleader; 23rd Oct 2020 at 00:46.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123