TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Finkelberry's (30 May 2020)

T2 FM: Finkelberry's (30 May 2020)

Hi, pleased to announce I'm releasing my first FM, it's fairly small and hopefully polished thanks to extensive beta testing from this lot. Who were very helpful.

Beltzer
    Cardia
    Mat
    Psych0sis
    Gro
    Nightshifter
    Bob_Doe_Nz
    Apiai

It's nothing special, just a straightforward thief map. I tend to like simple missions and ghosting, so that's what I've made.

Here's a download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...55475538870272

http://www.southquarter.com/download...Finkels1.4.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQ...FgPc9Aa7VGQfcS

Spoiler
    You do have to pay attention to readable's, one secret is required to progress. Should be able to work it out if you pay attention. There is lot's of secrets in the library
    Last edited by ApeBeard; 31st May 2020 at 06:38.

Could you upload link on different website? I get big red alert that this website isn't safe.

the file is announced as virus

Same here. Site blocked by Firefox on advice from Google Safe Browsing.

Google Drive will scan <25M, mirror here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQ...FgPc9Aa7VGQfcS

This was a fun little mission, and very good for a first mission.

It's clear you put a lot of thought into Thiefy exploration gameplay - for such a small building, there are a huge number of options available for ingress, and AI placement and loud surfaces are all placed appropriately for a good, non-frustrating challenge.
    To nitpick, the writing could have used a proof-reader. There are numerous small typos and slight grammar errors. There is also an overreliance on keyhunting and secret switches required for progression.
    Overall though, I had a lot of fun with this one.

where can i find the flute ?
    Last edited by radogoal; 30th May 2020 at 09:55.

That was a really good little mission, congratulations Apebeard.

Some of the loot and secrets were really tough to find, finding the key in the library had me searching high and low for ages, and one of the secrets was really not friendly (in a nice way) as leaning to one side whilst trying to use what you need to use, made the task of finding that secret a nightmare, more good luck than judgement. I didn't mind the keyhunt as none of the keys were hidden in unreasonable places and all experienced players should find them without issue.

I did discover that one of the loot items, a gem ring (footlocker in barracks in church) has 0 loot value but you still hear the loot found chime which was confusing to say the least.

Having said that it was a well paced mission with enough guards and metal floors to make ghosting this mission a bit of a challenge but a highly enjoyable one at that.

@Radogoal

Hint: In the Church

Spoiler: Check the hammer statue

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @Radogoal

Hint: In the Church

Spoiler: Check the hammer statue
    yes i found this jewel case , but i have no key for this case

high and low for ages
    So where is it? I see the column but have no idea how to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    So where is it? I see the column but have no idea how to open it.
    Chandelier

@ Radogoal

It's in Finkel's apartment. His key is in church basement

Fun, small mission with some really tough secret passages that unfortunately are necessary to find. I had huge problem with finding Safe key. When fortuni mentioned that there is key in Library, I started to search and eventually found it - chandelier. But here's the thing. Hint from Workshop mention that short people have problem to reach it. That means that tall people will have no problem. This description may very well refer to another secret in Library (secret wine storage), because chandelier is out of reach even for tall people. That's why after finding this wine storage secret, I didn't bother to search Library even more. This secret needs better hint.

I also managed to open secret bookcase passage by frobbing lever through bookcase door. In bunkroom in basement there is locked chest that gives ring worth 0. Also from priest's book near front entrance: "I swear everyone in this chapter is against me...". Chapter? Maybe you meant chapel.

Despite some problems I had fun with this mission. I beat it in 1 hour and gathered 2441 loot and 5 secrets.

No, Chapter is perfectly correct: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chapter

Still cannot find the lockbox key. Have checked the apartment but nothing. Help please!

@ Radagoal

Medieval Cathedrals used to have Chapterhouses which I believe were where the monks had their quarters and where the refectory was.

Congrats on your first release, ApeBeard. Here's a mirror for you:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...Finkels1.4.zip

Wow, this is awesome. Half a dozen non-contest releases in one month? Feels like the late 2000s again!

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Still cannot find the lockbox key. Have checked the apartment but nothing. Help please!
    me too

but i think i'm in the wrong apartement and alos still looking for the notes

Finkel's apartment is at the north end of the apartment block, it has a metal door. His apartment has a watcher inside.

Master Builder 2018
    Congrats on your first release! Looking forward to playing it!

Congrats, apebeard; this is exactly what I needed right now!
    I only got 4/6 secrets - I'm guessing another is the thief in the sewers? But how to access that location...

@Munkee There's a button on the wall near the thief body, if only you could hit it with something...

Finkel's apartment is at the north end of the apartment block, it has a metal door. His apartment has a watcher inside.
    thx for your patience now i found the apartment

in the basement of the church is alitte armory with a hidden safe behind a banner . but how can i open this safe

and how can i open the grid in the sewer

and what's about the secret room in the librayry? i found two switches one the book for the wines and the second for the chimney ist there anyone else ?
    Last edited by radogoal; 31st May 2020 at 03:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast