TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest - Results!

Contest Lootlists

TMA20_contest_lootlist.zip

Congratulations to the winners and everyone involved. Yet another fantastic competition where we players were treated to cracking sneaky times.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I don't have any exact stats, but "People who play Thief missions in 2020" is already a pretty small niche. Out of those, I would expect only a small percentage to be invested enough to engage with the contest voting.
    Well yes, but the ones who do play have been around for the last 20+yrs.

On the subject of the contest 'Into the Odd' was my fav FM, followed by feast of pilgrims.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I am back from vacation and as time permits over the next few days, I will begin sending to the authors all of the comments (not attributed, so they will not know who gave them) given to their missions by the voters, both good and bad. These will be sent as a .txt file via DM to those I am connected to on Discord, and via PM here for all others. Please be patient as I only got home a few hours ago, and I start back to work in about 8 hours and have a lot on my plate both at home and work. What the authors choose to do with the comments is up to them - I would suggest to any who want to release the comments publicly to post them in the thread for their contest mission, but that is at their discretion.

Please also *accidentally* reveal who's Croissantine. We can't be waiting anymore...!

That's up to Croissantine, and my understanding is that s/he plans to remain anonymous.

Congratulations to Random_Taffer and marbleman and my thanks to all the contestants.

Some time last year, in the middle of the night whilst asleep, I pulled several keys off my laptop. I haven't managed to play games since then so I haven't really played any missions. It's too hard when you need a key quickly and have to bang it to get it to work. I'm delighted to say that in the next few days, I'll be taking delivery of a new laptop and am so looking forward to delving into this collection.

As to the numbers voting, they have been going steadily up since Al_B created the voting forms. I remember contests when the total vote count was about 35.

All authors have been given a link to a Google doc with the comments their mission received via a DM on Discord. If you have any questions, reply to that DM or PM me here.

Before anyone else asks about seeing the comments, as I already indicated, it is up to each individual author/group if they want to share the comments publicly or not. I will not share any comments or links to the comment docs.

nickie, you should just buy a USB keyboard and mouse ! But maybe it was time to upgrade anyway, haha.

I think it was definitely time. My soon-to-be-ex machine can't play heavy duty missions anyway - it must be about 10 years old and was not high spec in the first place.

But you've reminded me I also need a new mouse so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    That's up to Croissantine, and my understanding is that s/he plans to remain anonymous.
    *cough* https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2452873

Also, you should know that the Thief Guild website has reviews and ratings for lots of FMs including the contest missions, go check it out: https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/
    Last edited by Yandros; 10th Jul 2020 at 11:09.

We talked to the contest winners about their mission "Feast of Pilgrims" - thank you again RandomTaffer & Marbleman

Congratulations to the winners and to all of the authors who took part!

Congrats to the winners, had a blast playing all the contest missions

Congratulations to the winners!

I get this error when trying to view the voting results link

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123