TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest - Results!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest - Results!

This thread is the voting results for the Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest, which was announced here.

RESULTS:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMA20_Contest_Voting_Results.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	2581

Congratulations to Random_Taffer and marbleman for their winning entry, Feast of Pilgrims! All the entries were solid, and we had a great mixture of new and old authors, which is great for the community.

Unattributed comments have been given to all of the authors. Also any anonymous authors can reveal themselves at any time if they so choose, either here or in their mission threads.
    Last edited by Yandros; 18th Jul 2020 at 11:15.

Congratulations to the winners! I had fun playing all of these missions. Thanks to everyone who helped create a submission or organize the contest.

Classical Master 2008
    Congratulations, guys! Well deserved winners there. A great day for the Thief community, surely. It feels like something, a great milestone.

Congrats to Random Taffer and Marbleman but also to all the participating authors. Thank you for all the missions. I'm really glad that my predictions for the top 3 were right , but it was very very those close between those.

P4-7 where also all really close
    Last edited by Supremcee; 28th Jun 2020 at 17:11.

Congrats to the winner builders!

I've entered the results to my portal, too: https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/?series=16748

Contest missions user ratings are no longer hidden, too, so you can check individual ratings or portal averages.

Congratulations to the winners and all who took part! A deserved win for Feast of Pilgrims I think, but great missions all round.

Congratulations to Random_Taffer & Marbleman and thank you to all the others authors.

DromEd Archmage
    Congratulations to the winners, but also all contestants!

This contest really had numerous splendid entries and I must say, and I am sincere when saying it, a lot of them could have won the contest as well !
    Fellows, you did a very fantastic job! Not just those who already had experience, but also those who are less experienced shown they guts in their missions and did their very best to provide high quality missions...

I think we never had such a good contest for a while, great job everyone!

Congratulations to everyone involved, was a fun one for sure. !

Congratulations for all the contestants, and to all the winners! But special congrats from me go to the organizers - Yandros and Skacky.

Overall, it was quite even and interesting contest. I personally was surprised that one author (Psych0sis) made two good missions (Troubling Transitions and My Favorite Year). My personal favourite was Into the Odd, but Feast is an extremely good rooftop mission and deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Congratulations to everyone involved, was a fun one for sure. !
    Yeah to everyone, even if they are bipolar we need to talk!

Congratulations Random_Taffer and Marbleman What a nice victory! You are both Master Builders now So happy for you!
    Also congratulations to all the authors who released missions in this contest! So many great missions here!

Congratulations to the winners, medal owners and to all participating authors! You all made the competition historic; giving us an alternative world in which we were able to escape just at the dawn of the real world pandemic.

As a grumpiest fan here I want to say that the results are crazy.

But as an adequate human who spent more than 5 years in the school I cannot help but notice the tiny amount of voters. ~100 people? Why? The idea of the contest is good. Missions were very varied. So why nobody have voted?! How many players do we have here at all? Can we somehow know how many people have downloaded those missions at all?

Shame on you, taffers!

I don't have any exact stats, but "People who play Thief missions in 2020" is already a pretty small niche. Out of those, I would expect only a small percentage to be invested enough to engage with the contest voting.

Congratulations Random_Taffer & marbleman! And thanks to all who was involved, it was a great competition!

Congrats to all the participants and thanks to the organisers of the contest!

Congratulations!

The Builder's Paradise was my personal #1, with a super strong concept that was executed really well. And I couldn't have asked for a better setting as a celebration of Thief II's 20th anniverary. Fantastic work, Firemage!

Feast of Pilgrims is a totally deserved win, and a great homage to what is undoubtedly the most-loved mission of Thief II. A rooftop crawl for the ages. Congrats to Random_Taffer and marbleman!

I had a ton of fun with all of these missions, even despite deep frustrations with two of them on gameplay terms. So thank you to all the authors for more great work!

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    As a grumpiest fan here I want to say that the results are crazy.

But as an adequate human who spent more than 5 years in the school I cannot help but notice the tiny amount of voters. ~100 people? Why? The idea of the contest is good. Missions were very varied. So why nobody have voted?! How many players do we have here at all? Can we somehow know how many people have downloaded those missions at all?

Shame on you, taffers!
    A lot of taffers don't use this forum regularly. This was the first contest I voted in, and I have been a member for many years. I appreciate how alive this community is, for example Unreal community is almost dead, I would guess the same about Half-Life, people move on, but Thief is so unique that there is simply nowhere to move on to

For comparison, the TDP 20th anniversary contest had only 65 to 85 votes per mission.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    For comparison, the TDP 20th anniversary contest had only 65 to 85 votes per mission.
    ah interesting info vfig, thank you but maybe it was because of the amount of missions that it was a bit more divided?
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

Yes, congratulations to Random_Taffer & marbleman, and Children of Endeavour, and Croissantine & Die Fugger. Three stunning missions that truly deserve their place at the top of the results list. Well done!

Congrats to the winners and to all our wonderful contributing authors, also many thanks to the organizers (Yandros, Brethren, skacky, etc) for bringing us another great anniversary contest. I'm already looking forward to the 50th when I'll be 100!

So do we know yet who made 'Into The Odd'? Maybe we should have a contest to guess who, from several readables I think one might've been Sperry?

Thank you, everyone and congratulations to all the authors! We had some... fierce competition indeed!
    The contest turned out great overall with some amazingly epic entries!

Woohoo the 3 missions I guessed for the top 3 are the top 3. And Im super happy to see my favourite one ranked as nr. 1. Absolustely deserved!
    "Time for change" is last, but its a damn good one aswell. In fact all of them are.

Congratulations and a big thanks to all the authors that were involved. You gave us some fantastic new fanmissions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast