TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ricebug Walkthroughs on Southquarter

Ricebug Walkthroughs on Southquarter

Ever since he retired from Thief, I've seen a lot of requests for Ricebug's walkthroughs, and a lot of the old links to them in the forums here are dead. So I contacted him, and he sent me everything, and I put it all in an folder on Southquarter so everyone has access to them:

www.southquarter.com/ricebug

They are sorted and organized by year. Most are in pdf format, and you can just click on them an view them right in your browser.

Thanks Terry...

Thank you Brethren

I've just started work on catching up on all the missing walkthroughs from when Terry retired, I'm starting with the missing 2017 missions. I also intend to make lootlists for all the walks Terry made that he didn't make lootlists for, I'll post those here as well

Missing 2017 Walkthroughs

A Short Night's Work
    Home Sweet Home
    FTM Life**

2020 Walkthroughs
    The Hammer Skull TG Mission

Lootlists 2017 to Present
    TMA20 contest missions.zip
    Derelict Dock District
    Vault Chronicles: Scorched Earth
    Ravens Creek (mission 2)
    Behind Closed Doors
    Bertrand's Forgotten Tomb
    New Sheriff, The

To follow shortly
    Precarious Business
    Five Nights at Dayport
    Deaths Cold Embrace
    Nosteratu

** Includes updated lootlist as v_1.2 has different loot values from v_1.0 but the loot placement is the same, so the lootlist in zip is still viable.
    Last edited by fortuni; 4th Aug 2020 at 05:37.

FYI, your numbers seem just a bit off. I show 9 missions in 2018 (in addition to 24 missions released for the TDP20AC contest). I also see 10 missions released in 2019 (one of which is Patriot, which includes 11 missions by itself).

Only had a quick look, thought it was a little on the low side, I presume you have all the releases on your site.

Edit: Ricebug's walks only cover T2 missions, Checked Southquarter and the only mission I was missing was Mortous Liber campaign (2018)

PS. I've already done lootlists for every T1/TG mission up to and including latest releases, available here
    Last edited by fortuni; 2nd Jul 2020 at 00:28.

Thank you Brethren!! I really missed Ricebug's walkthroughs since then were taken down. I like to complete missions without help, but when you end up walking around in circles in a mission and can't progress, a quick look at a walkthrough often will avoid deleting the mission and moving on to another.

Nice job.
    bbb

Thank you, Ricebug and Brethren, for preserving the Walkthroughs. Thank you, fortuni, for writing new ones. These can be a lifesaver (for Garrett), and indeed can be useful when frustrating parts of a mission lead to thinking about abandoning it.

Thanks for this, Brethren!

Thank you very much for your hard work! I didnīt know ricebug retired from thief, thats pretty sad cause his FMs are some of my favourites