TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cancel Culture and the Rise of the False Claims

Still Subjective
    I'm not sure on JK is all. I've not read everything she's said, only a few things that seemed reasonable.

But I think you'd find a reason to argue with me even i agreed with you 100%.

Are you talking about the Mozilla guy? That was cancel culture right there.

Of course you won't address my other stuff, you can't cope when I bring out real life examples for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Really?

That's why most sexual offenders are never convicted? Why most women don't even bother trying to report it?
    Why known and even self-admitted offenders hold some of the highest positions in our society?

In fact, why movements like #MeToo exists in the first place?

And yet the law is clearly biased against men. Riiight.
    No, you're right about much of this. The issue I'm talking about the imbalance in anonymity and the result of that.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I don't really see the point of a thread like this when no one is going to listen to what anyone says anyway. Which is kind of where we're at as a civilization in general.
    The nam shub of extreme wokeness does this.

I don't see the point of a thread like this in the first place.

We're living in a world where lots of people are first victimised, and then either blamed for it or ignored by the law, and which has in turn lead to a movement where people resort to the only thing they have left - hearsay on social media - because no other avenue will work for them.
    And this thread is somehow coming to the conclusion that people potentially abusing this is a bigger problem than the huge breakdown in society that has caused the original problem in the first place.

It's prioritising a tiny problem over a massive one. Just like all the previous threads about this and similar topics have always devolved into.

It's dangerously similar to people who take more offence to the fact that the "Black Lives Matter" slogan doesn't specifically mention the lives of other types of people, than they do to the fact that society doesn't care about black people being treated as less than second-class citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    The nam shub of extreme wokeness does this.
    Not the reaction I would have anticipated, but that's the fun of intentional ambiguity.

Moderator and Priest
    Do you want me to shut it down, or do you all think you have the necessary levelheadedness and self control to attempt taking things in a more positive direction?

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Do you want me to shut it down, or do you all think you have the necessary levelheadedness and self control to attempt taking things in a more positive direction?
    You say that like there's a positive direction to go for this thread.

Moderator and Priest
    True. Guess this statement and Public Enemy says all that needs to be said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123