TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDM FM: The Painter's Wife (01/07/2020)

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Bikerdude

I thought I had a NVIDIA graphics card, but when I looked up my specs in my comp system specs it showed I had Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 so that's what I posted, double checked again in Device Manager and that shows I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M

If that the case should I still be suffering lagging with this mission, the device manager says the graphic card is working correctly (will still check out that thread you linked).
    That should support TDM 2.08 since it is well over OpenGL 3.1 compatible. You may need to lower r_fboResolution, and use image_downsize due to the limited VRAM.

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.ph...ormance_Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    For secret village you should seek the library in one of compartments in the southwest of the map. Wycombe street, if I not mistaken
    The location of Lord Marlow is pointed in the assassin's journal.
    More direct hint about Marlow: in the gambling den on Arch way. Often goes to the toilet

And also there is non-lethal way of dealing with him to collect 4 letters and bring them to courthouse.
    Ok thanks!
    Now I am having trouble getting out of the "mini village"

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Ok thanks!
    Now I am having trouble getting out of the "mini village"
    You can open one of the big houses here. Then frob one particular object in it

Finished this mission in normal difficult and God mode after 3 hours of gameplay. This is one of the best city TDM missions i ever played, the city is big, with alot of beautiful high building and hidden places to explore. The gameplay is very satisfying, though i came across some invisible obstacles like the one on the top of the gate wall where there are two guards, when i jump from the rope and want to access the wall i hit against an invisible obstacle, but if i access the wall from the other side there's no invisible obstacle.( a problem with an object props physic dimensions) also the fog effect has some render problems like when there's a top of a building behind it the building becomes invisible. But the thing i found most annoying was the absence of ambient of music in the city streets, not even a wind sound, the places around loose alot of life in the absence of music. Other than that i had a very satisfying experience playing this mission. Excellent team work ! Thank you very much for this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    But the thing i found most annoying was the absence of ambient of music in the city streets, not even a wind sound, the places around loose alot of life in the absence of music. .
    There are ambients in all locations, was there one or more locations that were bad..? also did you have the ambient volume slider in the main menu turned down by accident..?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    There are ambients in all locations, was there one or more locations that were bad..? also did you have the ambient volume slider in the main menu turned down by accident..?
    Damm Yes i checked my ambient sound and it's turn off/down, i believe i did that in some previous missions i have played to listen to some other music.
    I will replay this mission in "expert" mode, are there any updates planned for this mission?

Heh, no worries fella :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I will replay this mission in "expert" mode, are there any updates planned for this mission?
    Thanks Cardia for sharing your thoughts on the FM, as well as some bug reports! There is indeed an update in progress with an ever longer changelist, picking up on the feedback people posted since its release. I think it'd be reasonable to say it'll be completed in a couple weeks.

you´re welcome, i will send to Bikerdude some screenshots of the things that need to be fixed.

I'm enjoying this mission immensly but I'm stuck on some critical points.
    I can't find 3 of the 4 letters to put on the captain's desk.
    I can't find the hidden cathedral
    I can't figure out what is required to 'discourage" the assassin.
    I can't figure out how to rescue the painter's wife. I assume she's behind the locked door in the mansion.
    I'd appreciate some clues.
    Thanks.

Hi @dickivy09 there's another way into that room

Hint Find the torture chamber & hunt around a bit

Bit more blatant hint If you can't find the torture chamber, look for a movable light fitting near the room the painters wife is in

Outright spoiler As you look at the unfrobable door, the light fitting is on the central pillar of the spiral stairs to your right

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

Okay, made progress. Rescued the wife and found the hidden cathedral.
    Sorry to say I have absolutely no idea of what I have to do to "discourage the assassin"
    I've been in her house and stole her journal and whatever loot I could find. I tried to talk to her and got whacked. Killed her and lost the objective. Tried leaving whatever I had in inventory to no avail.
    I'm really stuck. HELP!

I can't think of a non blatant hint for this

As I remember you need to either use the quill on the blank paper in her bedroom or you just frob the paper which creates a warning, then steal all her thiefy gear from the bedroom & kitchen, if it frobs take it, I think the paper only becomes frobable after you read her diary

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yep, that did the trick. Thank you so much. I'm having a ball with this map.

This is probably a stupid question but where the heck is the passage at the city West Gate? Nothing on the map indicates a West Gate that I can see. Did I miss a hint in the story somewhere? I've been all over this map trying to find it. lol

It is somewhere near compartment the void secret, on the south of map, iirc. Look for small gate you'll need (and can) lockpick.

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    It is somewhere near compartment the void secret, on the south of map, iirc. Look for small gate you'll need (and can) lockpick.
    thanks, I'll do some searching.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123