TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 182

Thread: New T2FM: Looser - July 2020

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: CT, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    there's a boat at the quay, but no sign of the inn keeper. What does he/she look like, and where might they be please?[/SPOIL]
    It's the woman behind the bar, I had to KO and carry her to the boat.

    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I've found 6 ropes so far but when I converted them there were only 4 in my inventory, any reason for the drop in number?

    The objective says I need 6, are there more knocking about?
    I believe there are a total of 8 ropes around the map, but for me in two playthroughs so far, they counted as rope arrows in one and as vine arrows in the other.

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    They all converted to vine arrows with me, but only needed 3 to get to top of tower so all good.

    PS. Great view from the telescope on the tower roof.
    Last edited by fortuni; 14th Jul 2020 at 10:19.

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Thanks. I had KOed her a long time ago and taken her through the secret tunnel in the room behind the bar to the shore, so as to avoid alerting the two guards in the bar. She isn't specifically labelled when you pick her up.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have to ask about the title of the mission. Did you mean someone who is the opposite of a winner? Because I think that should be spelt loser, with one "o". Looser means less tight. Just checking!
    Oh man, I'm a little embarrassed. It's the opposite of winner. Why are you the first that noticed that ? I have an excuse, I'm german and school was long ago.
    I think it's obvious who Dagobert Trumpet is a parody of. So, it should be 'Loser'. But on the other hand, what Mr. Stahl said, he is that stupid. So, this is intentional.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    They all converted to vine arrows with me, but only needed 3 to get to top of tower so all good.
    I testet it. That seems to happen, when you have the vine arrow in you inventory. The converted arrows are rope arrows, but for some Dromed reason, they
    are shown as vine arrows. There are 8 ropes.

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I've found 6 ropes so far but when I converted them there were only 4 in my inventory, any reason for the drop in number?

    The objective says I need 6, are there more knocking about?
    The ropes disappear, when you frob something with them. Maybe you accidently used them to lockpick a door or something.

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    From yourdictionary.com:

    Looser
    Use looser in a sentence

    adverb

    Looser is defined as more relaxed, less tight or easier.

    a. An example of looser is curly hair after treating with a relaxing product.
    b. An example of looser is a pair of pants that were tight before you lost twenty pounds.
    c. An example of looser is a parent changing their teenager's curfew from 11pm to midnight.

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2020
    Location: Bucharest
    I have a problem with the objective "Deactivate all robots". I place the Scrambler device on the floor next to piano. I hit Trumpet in the head with the pan and he fell dead, it says "Corpse" in my inventory when i picked him not "Unconscious body". After that, suddenly, the objective "Arrange Dagobert's accident" was checked but no robots appeared in his room.
    The objective "Deactivate all robots" it's still not checked. I finished all the objectives except this and the one to escape from the island.
    Last edited by Master of Dromed; 14th Jul 2020 at 12:20.

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Dromed View Post
    I have a problem with the objective "Deactivate all robots". I place the Scrambler device on the floor next to piano. I hit Trumpet in the head with the pan and he fell dead, it says "Corpse" in my inventory when i picked him not "Unconscious body". After that, suddenly, the objective "Arrange Dagobert's accident" was checked but no robots appeared in his room.
    The objective "Deactivate all robots" it's still not checked. I finished all the objectives except this and the one to escape from the island.
    I tested it and the Fuse is frobable, so you should be able to finish the objective. I have to look into it, why the robots not appear sometimes. I played it 5000 times and they always appear.

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: CT, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringgod2 View Post
    I testet it. That seems to happen, when you have the vine arrow in you inventory. The converted arrows are rope arrows, but for some Dromed reason, they
    are shown as vine arrows. There are 8 ropes.
    On the first play I used the vine arrow to escape and couldn't retrieve it so the ropes became regular rope arrows, on the second play I took the vine arrow but escaped differently, so it was still in inventory when I converted the ropes, but when used they produced a rope not a vine.

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2020
    Location: Bucharest
    Wait a moment, what fuse? You mean the Scrambler device? I didn't find any fuse until now..
    Last edited by Master of Dromed; 14th Jul 2020 at 12:21.

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: CT, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Dromed View Post
    Wait a moment, what fuse? You mean the Scrambler device? I didn't find any fuse until now..
    The scrambler is different purpose even though it didn't work correctly, to disable all bots you need to go through banner near piano and climb up, look for antenna.

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Dromed View Post
    I have a problem with the objective "Deactivate all robots". I place the Scrambler device on the floor next to piano. I hit Trumpet in the head with the pan and he fell dead, it says "Corpse" in my inventory when i picked him not "Unconscious body". After that, suddenly, the objective "Arrange Dagobert's accident" was checked but no robots appeared in his room.
    To spawn robots I think you need to wake up Trumpet. You do that by frobbing Yellow Gem in his hand. He will wake up and spider bots will appear. Then throw Scrambler at him, so spider bots will kill him.

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    To spawn robots I think you need to wake up Trumpet. You do that by frobbing Yellow Gem in his hand. He will wake up and spider bots will appear. Then throw Scrambler at him, so spider bots will kill him.
    That's the "correct" way. But you just need to place the device somewhere in the tower. A sneaky way is to throw it under the piano, because of the carpet.

    I think I know why the robots sometimes don't appear. I will work on that for v1.1 . But if you do it the "correct" way it should always work.

    Edit: Another way to wake up Trumpet by making noise. But not that sneaky.
    Last edited by Stringgod; 14th Jul 2020 at 12:02.

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: San Jose, CA USA
    I need a hint as to where to find the crowbar. Thanks.

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Do you need in some way to activate the scrambling device? I dropped it in a number of places in the tower then woke Dagobert by bashing him on the head, but could only kill him by standing behind him as the spider bots were not scrambled and were only interested in killing me.

    You can complete the objective to arrange Dagobert's accident by just hitting him on the head twice, no need to use the scrambler.

    Even better, if you mantle onto the dining table and then hit Dagobert on the head twice, not only do you kill him and thus complete the objective, the spider bots don't appear.

    Also hint to where the fuse is please?
    Last edited by fortuni; 14th Jul 2020 at 12:27.

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    I need a hint as to where to find the crowbar. Thanks.
    The head of the guards office. If you stand on the elevator, it should hilight.

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Also hint to where the fuse is please?
    The scientists wrote about an antenna on the top of the tower to control the robots.

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2007
    Location: USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringgod2 View Post
    Everytime somebody gets killed by an "accident", you can kill him yourself, as soon as the accident happens. That means, at the end... everybody can be killed by you. I couldn't came up with a better solution.
    To be perfectly clear, I killed every single person, mech, or beast minus the inn keeper. I think after Dago being killed by his bots (whatever his name was) is when I started killing on a whim.

    Overall the mission was good. I think the gate in the beginning could've been designed a little better. I did enjoy the overall aesthetic and eacaping the jail was really fun. Felt like a proper escape.

    Personally I'll probably edit the text documents to remove modern references and save this FM to my permanent roster.

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Do you need in some way to activate the scrambling device? I dropped it in a number of places in the tower then woke Dagobert by bashing him on the head, but could only kill him by standing behind him as the spider bots were not scrambled and were only interested in killing me.
    The device works. Dago is just added to the enemies. So, they attack you and Dago. A matter of who they see first. Maybe they are a little more aggressive against you, because you hit Dago with the pan.

  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    [QUOTE=Corsair;2453234]To be perfectly clear, I killed every single person, mech, or beast minus the inn keeper. I think after Dago being killed by his bots

    I made that 2 years ago and had to look into. It seems, that you can kill everyone, after you kill Dago. I can delay it to after you return from the tree of life. Or some dromeder gives me a hint on how to do this smarter.

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2020
    Location: Bucharest
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    To spawn robots I think you need to wake up Trumpet. You do that by frobbing Yellow Gem in his hand. He will wake up and spider bots will appear. Then throw Scrambler at him, so spider bots will kill him.
    I restarted the mission, the spider bots appeared and kill Trumpet when i throw Scrambler, then i disabled the tower antena on the roof and the spiders were disabled. But now when i return at Trumpet to take the yellow gem from him, surprise, there's no yellow gem anymore in his hand.. i have only the red gem and blue gem. Any idea how i can find the yellow gem?

  23. #73
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Dromed View Post
    I restarted the mission, the spider bots appeared and kill Trumpet when i throw Scrambler, then i disabled the tower antena on the roof and the spiders were disabled. But now when i return at Trumpet to take the yellow gem from him, surprise, there's no yellow gem anymore in his hand.. i have only the red gem and blue gem. Any idea how i can find the yellow gem?
    From the readme: "Important Bug : Before you touch the yellow gem, save your game. In rare occasions the yellow gem disappears and the mission cannot be finished."

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2020
    Location: Bucharest
    Ok, finished this mission on the second Same difficulty (probably expert but i think all difficulties are the same). The stats screen looks like this: mission completion time: 4 hours 35 minutes 22 sec, loot: 2600 of 2850, secrets: 4 out of 4. The only objective i could not complete was the optional one with the Trumpet banners.
    And the conclusion is... NEW GENERATION MASTERPIECE!!!
    This mission is making great use of cubic and dodecahedronal brushes - as boxes will be the shapes of the future. We all live in boxy buildings, the rooms are boxy, everything is boxy this days. Also medieval cities and mansions are things of the past and should be left behind, androbots are the future. I predict in a few years we all will ghost between andromechanists and smart robots.
    The gameplay is brilliant (still some things need to be fixed in the next update) and the use of the stinky toilet as a central element of the gameplay fits perfectly to the atmosphere. The music is also great. That's how the missions of the future will be done!
    I liked the monitor withe the map displayed in dromed
    What can I say.. the new generation of builders is coming strongly from behind
    Great effort, i will write a good review for this one to help you promote the mission. Good job and keep dromeding!

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: Germany
    Thx. Maybe a little bit too nice, but thanks. New generation .... my body tells me otherwise.

    I will update the mission in the next days. The Loser thing will be the most work.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •