TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2FM: Looser - July 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Thank you A.Stahl. It seems silly, but I do not know where there is a well.
    Between the Inn and the Blacksmith.

I updated to version v1.1 . Downloadlink in the first post.

Thanks to the "betatesters" here in this thread.

I repaired almost everything and I noticed that I forgot the skytextures. So the new version should have a more beautiful sky.

Thanks to Mat99 for helping with the texts.

Have fun.

i stuck at the beginning

i'm in the guardroom in the prison. there i need also a key for the emergency switch. where can i get this key?
    Last edited by radogoal; 16th Jul 2020 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i stuck at the beginning

i'm in the guardroom in the prison. there i need also a key for the emergency switch. where can i get this key?
    You need a code to escape and there is no key for the lever.

I am having trouble with the window of the upper floor of the bunk house (where some men are sleeping in beds):
    the beams holding the Mechanist banner are very particular about where you try to place a vine arrow, and I have to reload often
    the window barely tilts out, so I cannot see in, let alone grab anything or fit in through it.
    several times I have been launched across the map by touching this window pane

in the tower there is a banner behind the elevator that CLANGS when hit with a sword/mace; where is the control to open it?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 17th Jul 2020 at 02:41.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I am having trouble with the window of the upper floor of the bunk house (where some men are sleeping in beds):
    the beams holding the Mechanist banner are very particular about where you try to place a vine arrow, and I have to reload often
    the window barely tilts out, so I cannot see in, let alone grab anything or fit in through it.
    several times I have been launched across the map by touching this window pane

in the tower there is a banner behind the elevator that CLANGS when hit with a sword/mace; where is the control to open it?
    Shoot a rope arror on the left side of the left bar, then you are able to open the window and mantle up. It's easier to choose another route, but a little more stinky.

Just go through the banner.

Thanks for v1.1 update, everything was fixed very well as you said, except I couldn't complete the optional objective and I'm sure I got all the portraits & banners after playing this mission a few times. There was one portrait in the prison that already had the "broken" image on the floor before you slashed the one on the wall, so maybe that caused some issue? Suspecting that it might, while playing I took a screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Icm...ew?usp=sharing

Maybe during the fight someone slashed it somehow. But the painting should have disappeared. Do you know exactly when the slashed painting appeared ?

Edit: Found the error. If I'm right, you should be able to complete the quest by slashing the portrait.

I'll fix that immediately. Thx.

Edit: Fixed and added a water arrow and an invisibility potion as a thanks.
    Last edited by Stringgod; 17th Jul 2020 at 15:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringgod2 View Post
    Maybe during the fight someone slashed it somehow. But the painting should have disappeared. Do you know exactly when the slashed painting appeared ?
    It was when I returned to the prison to visit the hermit, and after opening the cells, so it could have been slashed by one of the prisoners. After taking the screenshot I did slash the wall portrait which did disappear, then got all the others but the objective didn't check.

Just replayed same section from a previous save and this time got the two prison portraits before releasing the prisoners, and they were normal unlike before & not like the screenshot, then I proceeded and the objective checked. So maybe you could make them un-slashable if an NPC hits them (or did already as a fix) because it seems to sometimes cause this problem.

No need, I accidently changed the trigger for the teleport trap, so the slashed painting was teleported as soon as you pushed the emergency lever. Had nothing to do with the npcs.
    Why the objectives didn't check, I don't know. But it should work now.

i've great problems to find the crowbar , please a hint

someone mentioned something like guard office and elevator, but i can't find this location.

can i open the screen door to the tower with the crowbar?
    Last edited by radogoal; 18th Jul 2020 at 03:37.

someone mentioned something like guard office and elevator, but i can't find this location.
    can i open the screen door to the tower with the crowbar?
    1-in the same building as a dining room and several beds, there is a door with a keycard lock. behind this is the elevator, but the keycard is upstairs in the same room as the crowbar. You will need to find another way in.
    2-yes, though I would call it a gate. we call a door with fine wire mesh a screen door, something used for fresh air but without letting bugs in/pets out. You can also get in by stacking crates by the wall, they are found above the bar.

I have gone into the well and reached a cavern with lava and a floating orb in the center. How do I reach the middle?

1-in the same building as a dining room and several beds, there is a door with a keycard lock. behind this is the elevator, but the keycard is upstairs in the same room as the crowbar. You will need to find another way in.
    2-yes, though I would call it a gate. we call a door with fine wire mesh a screen door, something used for fresh air but without letting bugs in/pets out. You can also get in by stacking crates by the wall, they are found above the bar.

I have gone into the well and reached a cavern with lava and a floating orb in the center. How do I reach the middle?
    thx
    Last edited by radogoal; 18th Jul 2020 at 04:54.

i need please a hint for the red gem

and what is the scrambling deviceor where can i find this thing?

i need please a hint for the red gem

and what is the scrambling deviceor where can i find this thing?
    Shark area.

Workshop underground.

beside teh red gem there is a room . i believe teh entry may be through the frobbable cap of the chimney in the prsion yard. but i found no way to open this cap

beside teh red gem there is a room . i believe teh entry may be through the frobbable cap of the chimney in the prsion yard. but i found no way to open this cap
    The entrance to the room is in the same place as the crowbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringgod2 View Post
    The entrance to the room is in the same place as the crowbar.
    there is a elevator but this elevator only brings me down to the entry of the building, there is a spiral stair and i also jumped down the toilet, but i can't find the entry of the room

there is a elevator but this elevator only brings me down to the entry of the building, there is a spiral stair and i also jumped down the toilet, but i can't find the entry of the room
    Inspect bookcase carefully.

Can anyone help? I assume this is the tree of life section others have mentioned

have you crossed the brigde over the lava? if no you mst activate the three gems. if you have crossesd the brgidge you will get to a see with some treemonsters you must climb up to the tree at first with a common ivy

thank you radogoal; I thought those were the gems I collected, but they were sockets to place them in.
    completed with no other problems!

Uploaded a new version with a french translation. Thanks to Apiai.

Downloaded the 1.1 version and tweaked some things.

The pink background for all items were removed. Specifically parts of a certain bed and the fencing.
    Fencing
    https://i.imgur.com/2BtaKo8.png
    https://i.imgur.com/7PUxELh.png

Bed
    https://i.imgur.com/qRlOXJM.png
    https://i.imgur.com/pEMaBJo.png

I also changed the LOOSER texture to LOSER. Optional, but since you changed some things to the correct spelling, figured I'd match it.
    https://i.imgur.com/ShT297R.png

Some branch & leaf textures with the pink background removed.
    https://i.imgur.com/N21ZYB0.png
    https://i.imgur.com/t0pEgI3.png

If you want to look at or swap the above you can get them here.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/suh7t7...XT_16.zip/file

Last thing to note, I rewrote several text documents and changed some textures to remove all "pop culture" references. I find them annoying and out of place for the Thief universe. I can say after playing through again, that they only take away from what would otherwise be a really good fan mission. I won't provide those changes since it does alter things from how you intended.

The Looser grafiti should stay like it is.

The branch & leaf textures aren't used anymore, I think. Seems, I forgot to delete them.

I don't get the pop culture references in the readings. Do you mean Dago's character ?
    What about the tardis and the death star or my room ?

I'm aware, that this mission has elements, that not everybody will like. But it's not my goal to make a mission that everybody likes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast