TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Malazar's Inscrutable Tower (18th July 2020)

I just started exploring the very start of the mission. How badly is it puzzle-oriented?
    Since I am not very good at puzzles, and I like the fluent gameplay, where I don't have to ask or read the forum to continue every 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I just started exploring the very start of the mission. How badly is it puzzle-oriented?
    Since I am not very good at puzzles, and I like the fluent gameplay, where I don't have to ask or read the forum to continue every 3 minutes.
    So since I mostly fail at puzzle missions, this one was different to me, I could figure out most things pretty easy you sometimes need to think more simple than it appears in first place and think of what do I have equipped and what could I do with it in a logical way...but as always, it depends on the individual taste and brains

Hmm... How many holem's limbs are there? I have a head and one arm and leg.

OK, think I need a little bit of a shove here...

I've got the Golem's head, the beans and an Eye Watering Key.
    I've unlocked the various passages with the ring.

I'm not sure where to go next. I'm guessing I have to plant the bean somewhere, but I don't know where. I also haven't solved the library puzzle yet to get to the 8 and 9 floors.. There are a couple of doors I can't unlock yet, both in the dining room area.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    OK, think I need a little bit of a shove here...

I've got the Golem's head, the beans and an Eye Watering Key.
    I've unlocked the various passages with the ring.

I'm not sure where to go next. I'm guessing I have to plant the bean somewhere, but I don't know where. I also haven't solved the library puzzle yet to get to the 8 and 9 floors.. There are a couple of doors I can't unlock yet, both in the dining room area.
    I think that Eye Watering key unlocks one of locked doors in Dining Room.

Ah, thanks Galaer, however, I think I need a sword from somewhere! Oh, and water arrows too.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Hmm... How many holem's limbs are there? I have a head and one arm and leg.
    You need another arm One of them is on the ceiling in a room with many stairs. 30:51 minute of Supremcee's video walkthrough
    Another one is behind the door in the pool area - the door that can be opened with the Horn of Winter.

Ohh...
    So there is only one leg?
    >behind the door in the pool area - the door that can be opened with the Horn of Winter.
    Grrr. So I need to recall where I saw that thing and figure out how to actually take it out of library.

That is a crazy mission. I see no logic here. Just searching for anything pickable and use those random things at random places for random results. It reminds me of Zontik's FM -- very good technically and graphically but with infuriating gameplay.

To obtain the horn you must visit library, the RS section. To reach the RS section you must check in the ruins carefully - in some ruins with water.

Ah, thanks Galaer, however, I think I need a sword from somewhere! Oh, and water arrows too.
    For sword - check last room in Dining Room. Water arrows - there are 2 of them in bathroom, I think it's located close to where you fixed staff. Also candles can't be doused. I checked.

Ok, I've finished this FM and I have something to say.

Bugs (author and testers have done an excellent work -- I never saw bad bugs):

1) The statue near the tower (one of those non-animated ones) isn't solid. The player can move through.
    2) Statue in the corridor near hole-pool room can be lured into that pool and... well, it won't bother the player anymore. That is a good bug but still a bug.

Gameplay:
    1) Statues are irritating. They are not deadly to stop the player and not dumb to be ignored. Maybe it would be cool to get rid of them on the easy mode? Or even cooler it would be to get the player chance to destroy/switch off those waste of fine stone.
    2) Logic is absent. I've never found even sick logic there. There is no goal. We just wandering aimlessly, picking up whatever can be picked up and then use those picked up things at usable spots to see what will happen. Repeat until the end.
    3) Those hills at the very beginning aren't very dangerous. And script-killing looks cheap. And you can even do a few steps on the low level before script-death if you descend very near to the beginning gates.

Well, very nice technically and aesthetically but I didn't like gameplay. The only remarkable thing for me was the mop. Somehow I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Check some windows in one of the courtyards
    Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    Azaran, you can take it through the window from the building nearby.
    Thanks guys.

Now, what do I have to do in the lava area? I managed to kill the elemental with a few broadheads, but there's an object surrounded by lava that I can't get without getting killed. I see a lever up top, but can't reach it

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks guys.

Now, what do I have to do in the lava area? I managed to kill the elemental with a few broadheads, but there's an object surrounded by lava that I can't get without getting killed. I see a lever up top, but can't reach it
    https://youtu.be/6ntZOTdLKZA from 25:40 watch it
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

Azaran,

Remember that door in the library with the magic seal?

Galaer: Thanks. Don't know how I missed that sword!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 19th Jul 2020 at 10:26.

Galaer: Thanks. Don't know how I missed that sword!
    It's easy to miss that when there is living statue running after you.

I played this on expert, and enjoyed nearly all of it. The challenges in the earlier parts of the game were, for me, gauged just right: enough to require some thought, but not so difficult as to cause lasting frustration.

Where I came unstuck was the horn. Having established its "fatal" effect, I left it alone. If there was a readable indicating its importance for progress, I think it should have been one which the player took with them. I had to look at the video walkthrough at that point, and that made me realise its importance.

Likewise with the golem's left leg, it took me a while and some fruitless searching before I realised it was not needed.

Otherwise, this was most enjoyable. (I was expecting to find a way to stop the statues from pursuing, but in the end learnt to be more stealthy in their presence.)

Azaran,

Remember that door in the library with the magic seal?
    No, I haven't found a key to the library yet, Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    No, I haven't found a key to the library yet, Any hints?
    Key from the library is in the kitchen (where you begin your journey through the tower) - in the pile of wood near the fireplace

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Behold! The gloriest grumpinesser A.Stahl is here to spread the critique and destroy the FM authors' minds!

While I note all flaws of this mission I indulgently allow you to celebrate the release. I will communicate my decision tomorrow.
    Look, nobody gives a shit about your grumpiness or criticism. Get over yourself

Finally finished and I must say thank you nicked for this gem of a mission I had a great time exploring! Those statues were at first annoying but once I figured out how out maneuver them it was fun.

Thank you for all of your hard work it shows!!
    pwl

Enjoying this one, but I'm struggling to find the right arm. A hint would be appreciated.
    I've found the one in the tower amongst all the stairs and got the leg from above the waterfall.

Enjoying this one, but I'm struggling to find the right arm. A hint would be appreciated.
    I've found the one in the tower amongst all the stairs and got the leg from above the waterfall.
    The right arm is somewhere in the pool area in a room opened by Horn of Winter

Thanks Michael a - I'd forgotten all about that room.

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    Key from the library is in the kitchen (where you begin your journey through the tower) - in the pile of wood near the fireplace
    Thanks.

Now I'm stuck again. How do I leave the area where I found the Horn? I can drop it and leave, but can't leave without it. There's a blank parchment too, but I'm at a loss as to how to use it

You should throw ("R") the Horn through the window in grate (no worry, you will return to it later). Then you will proceed to the ruins. And you should seek in ruins for one of parts of golem and for the exit to the RS section

Btw, there is video walkthrough: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2453481

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast