TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 9) [SPOILERS]

MCLEOD'S REVENGE

It's a blocky mission, which means that all rooms are huge and there is a lot of walking. Author put some ropes to climb. But every rope is made out of many ropes. While descending on it is easy, climbing is very slow and you need to occasionally jump to next rope within rope, so it will allow you to continue climbing. And jumping out of this rope is really hard, because you immediately grab different rope. Also save of this mission is called "Kingdom in the Clouds!".

Strafe run along wall, mantle on ramp and wait for elevator. At the top go to SE area and mantle on stone behind bot, then on wall and on the other side. Go into water and strafe swim around underwater Mechanists into tunnel. You have barely enough time. In cave there are spiders patrolling, but after 2 rounds they will stop and become stationary. Go left and drop into fire surrounded by rocks. Grab Fire Talisman from water and mantle out of it. Don't continue to room with spiders. Instead climb huge stairs.

Behind banner is passage mask worth 50 loot, but you need to cut banner, so I'm gonna skip it. Use valve and run behind watcher. Behind safe is a key, another key you can frob through safe. Bot behind hangar door can see you though door, so go to other side to shadow under ramp. Wait for watcher to look away, mantle and strafe run up. Return to start of cave and drop into water under chest. Swim to gate and open it.

First Mechanist has invisible key, which you don't need. At the cemetery there is pedestal and 2 rubbles. I don't really know what pedestal do, but I put 2 pieces of rubble on it. Go north and frob torch to open gate. Very important - don't close this gate until you will collect Air Talisman and The Eye. If you do, then later you will be permanently stuck in this place. Jump into water and strafe swim for Water Talisman. Go to Prison.

Lots of shadow. Don't go too close to cells with thieves or they will spot you. First go along right wall to lamp and lean left to observe watcher. Strafe run behind him, go to lamp and run along left wall. Wait for darkness to happen and go to last door. Use switch and grab 4 pieces of loot. Return to cemetery and go south. Sneak to hole for Earth Talisman. go to west pool and swim down. On your path will be 3 breath potions. If you are efficient you can survive drinking only 2 breath potions.

Go east and rope up to platform above ghosts. Drop under angle and mantle on platform with Air Talisman. Drop on slope and swim west. Here are 3 annoying ropes you need to climb. Behind haunt is 2nd rope arrow. On last tomb is The Eye. Rope up and go to the end of path. Strafe swim though giant roller to Prison Area. Now you can close gate leading to it. Go to SW area. Under book is another invisible key you don't need. Behind cistern go right, use lever on wall and ride elevator up. Finish mission by pressing switch.

STATS:

Time: 0:34:35; Loot: 420/470
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

GHOST: CHEMICAL SUCCESS. I needed to use 2 breath potions to survive long underwater tunnel.
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. must skip maks worth 50 in secret passage behind banner.

Pickpocketing invisible key from Mechanist near cemetery somehow doesn't count as pickpocket.

M.S. GOLDS - RUST

MISSION 1

This mission has only 4 zombies. First 2 spawn and then quickly vanish if you go forward. First one must be avoided from left. Second will on metal floor, so crouch walk forward to avoid alerting him. Third zombie is unavoidable, because he guard one of precious items, so you must alert him (ghost bust #1), run around house, take High Tech Compass and hide in shadow on crate. Fourth zombie will appear during elevator ride. Most likely he will just 1st alert to you. This ends mission 1.

STATS:

Time: 0:17:25; Loot: 450/450

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

MISSION 2

This mission is full of really loud alarm sound. It doesn't alert enemies, it's just annoying. After grabbing Tool Storage key elevator with bot will ride down. To avoid being spotted by bot strafe run to vent. Bot will fly high above elevator. If he will 1st alert, he will fall and go into search mode. In my stats there is Body Discovered Stat and now I wonder if this search mode isn't triggered by bot seeing destroyed bot. I guess later in the mission, it could fall.

Zombie protecting panels controlling Safety Doors is impossible to avoid (ghost bust #1). Just run away from him, take glasses and key and use all 3 panels. Then unlock door and lock it behind you. You are forced to use crowbar to unlock door, so that's a damage property (ghost bust #2). Next is another vanishing zombie. Just strafe run forward towards him and he will vanish before spotting you. Last zombie protects room with panel opening door with lots of bones and coins behind. Just slowly walk along right wall to avoid being seen by him.

STATS:

Time: 0:31:50; Loot: 972/972
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1

Nice work on another TDM report, Galaer! Keep it up

Game: Thief 1
    FM: Between These Dark Walls

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Failed
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:21:00
    Loot - 4000/4000
    Pockets Picked - 7/7
    Locks Picked - 4
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - None

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    I canít believe I waited nine years to play this Skacky gem. One of the best, yet most overlooked fan made missions of all time. Yes, it probably doesnít quite reach the levels of Endless Rain or Sound of a Burrick In a Room, but those are also quite exceptional missions in comparison. If you like verticality and the thievesí highway, this is for you. If not, youíll hate it, but your loss.

All I had to do was teach Messer Beric a lesson and steal his amethyst necklace. His castle was on the other side of town and most likely difficult to enter. I also needed to find 2,850 worth of valuables and make it back to the starting point. Time to get climbing!

Go West
    After taking the purse from the guard in the initial streets, I immediately ascended the balcony to the south. I wanted (and was forced to) stay elevated for the majority of the mission. Moved west into the Tyrell estate without issues. I took the northern exit first and cleaned the area around Tol Camrick & Sons as well as Castle Spaulding. I was sad to find you couldnít enter the latter. I was worried I was going to get spotted along the upper ledge on the north side of Harcourt Street, going for the coin stacks in the window (image below). The guard across the street faced north for a bit, but there were intermittent patches of shade that kept me safe.

Had to return to Tyrellís to continue westward. I eventually ended up at the hammerite priory, looting what I assume was the high priestís quarters. Found a key there that I brought along, but I couldnít continue further west past this point. Instead I found a hidden chute that took me to the adjacent public works building. I couldnít close up the chute on my way out in conventional fashion. I had to block the sliding panel with a healing potion and replace the crates from the inside, which was a bit fiddly (image below). I could have gone back up there from the inside and closed it up later, but that would involve an awful lot of backtracking. This solution was a lot easier. I would have to return the potion for Supreme, but the one I brought along was located pretty close to the starting position. The gate on the roof was easy to close from the inside, then run out.

To loot Grimshawís estate I had to leap across the marketplace from the balcony below the sleeping thief (image below). Like before, I thought I would get caught by guards below, but the lights from the surrounding buildings and street lamps didnít illuminate as far as I anticipated. There were a few convenient patches of shade inside the estate also that kept me safe from the patroller and Grimshaw himself. Leapt back to the roof afterwards by timing the wandering archer, grabbing the rope in the jump.

Dodged the aforementioned archer going north by waiting on the railing, stealing his purse in the process. Finally entered Bericís castle through a window in the northeast. There was a hidden goblet on a sill above the entry window, and it was very tough to safely get back down from the outcropping beam. I ended up grabbing it from the rope without ever mantling up fully (image below). That way I could mantle into the castle and continue on.

Bericís Castle
    The only issue before reaching the sanctuary was the woman in the western bedroom on the top floor (image below). Her door had to be picked open in order to get the basement study key, and unfortunately she heard the lockpicks and thus busted Supreme. I could return to her room later without further busts, even returning the key to the floor without as much as a peep, but those lockpicks tickled her ears just a tad too much. The rest of Bericís estate was no problem.

Next I cleaned the sewers and the hammerite wine cellar. This was the only way to approach it without picking the lock on the doors to Bericís basement or the Public Works from the streets. The secret panel accessing the wine cellar had to be timed well, otherwise the patrolling swordsman heard it, but other than that this section posed no issues.

The sanctuary also went trouble free. The only minor problem was getting the gold nugget atop the bookcase near Ingvarís chambers (image below). A patrolling keeper with a long route walked through here, but he wasnít the issue. Of bigger concern was the stationary guy on the balcony. He pivoted, but did so quite frequently, plus he heard me drop to the ground unless I landed on the rug. The best way I found was to attach a rope to the bookcase right on top of the ladder. From atop the rope I could reach the nugget and then drop straight onto the ladder, lowering myself silently to the floor from there. The keeper had to face south the entire time not to give any comments.

There was an insanely well-hidden piece of loot in the hallway just outside the barracks. It was a diamond behind the foot of a statue (image below). It was so concealed I almost couldnít see it even when I knew it was there. The only hint to its presence was the patrolling keeper in this area who walked out of his way a bit when he did his patrol. He didnít stop by the statue, but walked at an awkward angle, enough for me to notice something was off. I didnít see that during my practice run because he was already knocked out, but when ghosting it was apparent. This was the only piece I needed help from the forums to find.

After taking the medallion, I went back and replaced the shrine key, the wine cellar key and the basement study key. Had to lockblock the wine cellar door in order to get back in there. Reset the switch and lever for the sanctuary entrance too. I left via the small study on the floor above the dining hall. There was a secret exit there that led to a machine room in the southwest corner of the marketplace, and it didnít require the picking of any locks.

Back East
    I could now leap across to the north and grab the windowsill goblet. This I couldíve taken from Bericís castle earlier, but that wouldíve required picking open the balcony door. I got down to street level via the red roof to the south, landing silently onto the gallows (image below). The patrolling archer was wary, but the stationary swordsman on another planet, hardly noticing anything. The shadows in the plaza dictated quite well where I could walk safely. The northern side of the well was dark, and approaching it from the west was possible, though challenging. From here I could access all the side alleys with no alerts and get the two remaining purses off the wandering guards. Since I had to return the hammerite key, I realized it had been a mistake closing up the gate and panel to the public works building from earlier. I should much rather have left them open and climbed the balcony in the northeast corner of the marketplace. There was a convenient ladder there that, coupled with a rope arrow, wouldíve provided easy ascent. Iíll definitely do that for the letís play. Instead, I had to go back via the streets and return to the high priestís bedroom the same way as before.

Notes
    - Got a first alert from Lady Beric when picking the lock on her bedroom door. You have to enter that room to get the basement study key. Supreme bust.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Game: The Dark Mod
    FM: Mission 1: A New Job

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 38:26
    Times saved - 42
    Damage Dealt: 0 Damage Received: 0
    Health Restored - 0
    Pockets Picked - 1
    Loot Acquired - 703 out of 703
    Killed by the Player - 0
    KOed by the Player - 0
    Bodies found by AI - 0
    Alerts - 0 Suspicious, 0 Searches, 0 Sightings
    Stealth Score - 0
    Consumables - None

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    Although there is no official campaign for this mod, this is the mission recommended for new players, after finishing the training mission. It’s a short, but nice introduction on how to apply your skills in a real burglary situation. Nothing special, but good enough to be enjoyable. I found all the loot on the first playthrough also, which doesn’t happen too often. I am slowly but surely taking a real liking to The Dark Mod. Seeing as it is 14 years old now, it’s about time.

All I had to do was break into the Canonbury Tavern and steal Rothwick’s ruby collection. There was also a 640 loot requirement, before finally meeting my contact in Royston Court. Besides that I wanted to get used to and experiment quite a bit with enemy alert levels. The biggest difference between TDM and Thief is their ‘Suspicious’ level, which includes two types of alerts; a first alert with only verbal remarks like in Thief, but also a more severe type of alert where they give a verbal cue, but also stops to look for you. This last one isn’t the same as hunt mode in Thief, because they don’t leave their route or station, but they are suspicious enough to take the time to look. As of writing this report, we are disallowing the latter for regular Ghost. All alert types are disallowed for Supreme, which is my preferred mode.

Streets
    I started in a side alley south of the tavern. A homeless guy close by didn’t alert to my presence in any way that impacted ghosting. I had to pass through a small plaza just west of here, and I assume the intended way through was mantling onto a large pipe by stacking one of the smaller crates. For Supreme, this crate would have to be returned and there was no way of doing that and still end the mission later. Experimenting a bit, I found I could instead jump to the pipe directly from a barrel with a bag on top of it (image below). The mantling action is different, but much better, in TDM. If the mantle is difficult, Garrett takes a bit longer to pull himself up. This is more realistic, but can also be misleading, because at first it seems like you won’t make it.

After listening to the guards and dropping to the street level around the tavern, I played around with alert levels some. I had previously downloaded a Stealth Statistic tool made by Dragofer, found here. This makes it possible to check your stealth statistics from a radable in your inventory. It updated real time, which was just perfect to gauge what guards allowed or not. Both alert levels 1 and 2 triggered the ‘Suspicious’ category of the document. The only way to distinguish it further was to read the end statistics when finishing the mission. You can cheat your way there prematurely by pulling up the console (ctrl+alt+tilde) and writing ‘tdm_end_mission’, sort of like the ctrl+shift+alt+end cheat in Thief.

Only one piece of loot existed on this side of the tavern; a ring in a bird’s nest in the west alley. I mantled up a few overhangs and a nearby wooden roof to get closer. There was a small pipe crossing the streets below that had to be traversed. Dropping onto the pipe made a lot of noise, but mantling up it did not. There is no silent outer edge of surfaces in TDM, so mantling thus becomes a more important ability in this regard. To get back from the top pipe without alerts, I had to do a running jump all the way to the wooden roof (image below). This made noise, but not enough to trigger any alerts if the patrollers were far away.

The side door to the basement was the intended way into the tavern, but it was pickable and not possible to relock. The front door, however, was unlocked, and it was no problem to sneak in behind the helmeted sentry’s back unseen.

The Canonbury Tavern
    I headed upstairs straight away, after reading the guest log. The lone guard up there was wearing an eye patch; the game even made an audio cue about it. I assumed that meant he was blind on his left side, and indeed he was. He stopped at either end of the hallway, plus directly outside room III. I snuck in after him as he headed down to the end and slipped into Rothwick’s chambers (room IV). The sir was sleeping, but woke up if I stepped too loudly. His loot-filled footlocker was pickable, but the key on his belt also worked. In those cases, Supreme requires relocking it, and since I wanted to avoid the unnecessary lockpick count, I snagged the key from his snoring side. It was stuck to my inventory and couldn’t be dropped, just like many keys in Thief. I’m not sure if I could’ve replaced it without waking him up. He didn’t hear any sounds from the footlocker or the cabinet, but as pointed out in Galaer’s ghost report, he does “alert” to opening the secretary desk. The only reason I could confirm this was from the stealth statistics document. Rothwick neither woke up, nor made any verbal or physical remarks of any kind. Closing the desk didn’t trigger any further alerts, nor did opening it a second time. This is thus a type of alert unique to TDM, one that never would’ve been detected in Thief, and one that without the stealth tool would’ve been near impossible to know where came from. I suspect this to be poor coding of the engine rather than a proper alert worthy of a Supreme bust. I’m not sure if there is a property in the editor that determines whether sleeping enemies will give alerts of type 1 or not. Perhaps not.

After discussing this situation with Galaer on the forums, he claimed he had been able to pass Rothwick’s room without any alerts at all. I had a hard time believing this, but I went back to try nonetheless. Voila! He was right indeed! When I triggered the alert earlier, it must’ve been from my feet tapping on the wood and not from the desk. If you move without creeping, even in the slightest, an alert will trigger in the stats. As long as you hold creep, you are good, but you must keep creep pressed until after letting go of run forward. As you can see from the screenshot below, I obtained the diary from the desk without any alerts whatsoever.

I haven’t found a way to eavesdrop on doors in TDM yet, so I had to guess a bit when leaving Rothwick’s room. Or perhaps it’s just not as effective, as I didn’t hear much of a volume increase leaning into the door. I grabbed the loot from room III also and headed back downstairs. The innkeeper’s room wasn’t that tough as long as I creep-crouched. I could mantle over his bed unseen. I knew the safe combination from the wine bottle in the basement in my first playthrough. Successfully relocked the safe with no alerts also. I was even able to get his cash box key from the desk unseen (image below). Just like Rothwick’s key from upstairs, this one couldn’t be dropped back, but was necessary to relock the cash box behind the bar counter.

The restaurant itself wasn’t that tricky. I stole the cash when the maid was out. She even headed down to the basement occasionally, in which case she was gone for quite a while. Although I didn’t need to get to the north end of the restaurant, creep-crouching along the bar counter did the trick. I was far enough away from any of the lights to avoid alerts.

Left via the front door and met my contact in Royston court. No big deal. Successful Perfect Supreme!
    Last edited by klatremus; 3rd Aug 2021 at 19:44.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I watched your TDM video, klatremus and I'm surprised that you always walking through street part of mission. I mean, beginning is empty, so it's much better to always run. Also on cobblestone you can crouch run and still you will avoid being heard or seen while you are in shadow. Dropping on pipe from roof on the same level doesn't make noise, it's only dropping from higher pipe to lower pipe makes and drop is possible. Your enemies must be far away. Also to get to nest I used conversation, because just like in Thief enemies don't see or hear that well during conversation. The wooden ledge under last window can be reached from barrel. It actually surprised me that this mantle was possible due to how high wooden ledge is.

As for eavesdropping, I said it earlier, but I'm gonna repeat. Instead of leaning forward towards door, you need to lean left/right towards door.
    Last edited by Galaer; 4th Aug 2021 at 05:33.

Thanks for the feedback Galaer. I dont have always run on, so I forget to hold run most of the time. Still trying to figure out the drop height allowance for making noise too. I tried several times to mantle from barrel in practice run but couldn't get it. Mantling is very different from Thief. I'll try the eavesdropping trick next time.

Heh, I don't even have the walk key bound. It's either run or creep for me.

About jumping from barrel - you must run and jump. I think you tried to do jump while walking and that's why it wasn't enough. Personally for normal mission I use toggle run found in darkmod.cfg.

Toggle run sounds like a good deal. I'll try it out.

Yean, but you must remember that after every reload your speed resets to walking speed. This is important when you are doing platforming.

Game: Thief 2
    FM: Disorientation

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:53:10
    Loot - 3500/3500 (Supreme: 2950)
    Pockets Picked - 3/5
    Secrets - None
    Locks Picked - 11
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - 1 Water Arrow (to reset the lift in the abandoned warehouse)

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    Hands down one of the best thievesí highway missions of all time. Melan shows his highest quality in this astounding sequel to Bad Debts. A difficult, yet mesmerizing trip through the cityís network of aristocracy, corruption and crime. This is a mission everyone should play at least once. You can truly tell he has matured as an author since his debut mission. Although itís built on a similar premise, the layout, progression and detail is on a whole different level. Top notch!

My tasks were really simple. I was to break into Lady Azamlargís and steal her scepter. My loot goal was 2,400 and I had to make it back to the starting street. That was it. I also had instructions from an unknown associate to bring the body of Issin the Exchanger from the Widowís Way gallows to the cellar of the Old Bell tavern. In exchange I would get a key accessing Azamlargís palace. These instructions, however, were not a part of my objectives and thus not required for any ghost mode. For Supreme, I would even say it would be a bust to complete this task, as it involves moving a corpse from a public plaza to an indoor location, plus spawning and picking up a key unnecessarily. Not to mention the risk involved in meddling with affairs of this nature, especially if it doesnít give Garrett a required benefit. I knew from playtesting that there was a different way into the Ladyís grounds, one that didnít involve the key. Likewise, there were exits that also didnít necessitate said key. So whether accomplishing this task was doable or not for Supreme, since it wasnít mandatory, Iíd rather steer clear.

Lady Azamlarg
    The city layout forced me southwest. I couldnít pass on street level beyond the market, so I ascended the attic just south of the canal (see image). From here, I had to go through Beaurigardís. The watch station had two entrances, a door and a vent, but both were in plain view of a stationary guard triggering first alerts. Beaurigardís wasnít difficult, except I had to skip the torc in the treasure room for Supreme (see image below). It was linked to unavoidable spitfire traps, which arenít allowed for that mode. I could easily take it and avoid damage for regular Ghost though.

I got to the mercantile guild by leaping across the market. Passed this building by climbing the chains and approaching it from the vent panel. That way I could get the torcs from the ceiling statues. Nothing else to report here. Exited north of the clocktower where I found a harp in one of the windowsills. Descended to street level and headed back east. The establishments at the market had to be cleaned coming from the south. The owner of the produce store entered his shop occasionally, so I didnít have to pick his lock. The key to the alchemistís could be taken behind a loose stone on the top floor of the stonemasonís (see image). Very clever design element that. This was the only store that necessitated lockpicking. Lockblocked the alchemistís door so that I could return his key before leaving.

Followed a patrolling archer further east to Bailiff Street. There was a gate here into an elevated garden, but I wanted to avoid picking it. Instead I went across the roof of a thiefís apartment to the north. Some hidden valuables in his attic also. From this garden I could climb a vine and jump the tall fence to the west (see image above). How Garrett can walk on top of spear-tipped fence posts is certainly a conundrum, but regardless. This was directly above Azamlargís backyard, and with a precise drop, I could either land in the fountain or mantle onto one of the statues (see image).

Soon inside her premises, I realized a problem. The vault accessing the main objective was behind a pickable door that couldnít be relocked. It couldnít even be closed! Although Supreme doesnít disallow leaving doors open that cannot be reclosed, this seemed like something I really should try to avoid. Her prized scepter missing and the vault door is wide open? That doesnít seem like much of a ghostly thing to do. The workaround lay in the fact that the vault could be accessed from the outside, using one of the two Ďescape routeí keys. One of those keys was located inside the vault, which was pointless. The other one was found along the other escape tunnel, close to the tavern basement. This was the one to use. I could get to it by frobbing one of the statues atop Azamlargís bookcase (see image below). I could then leave through the tavern and make my way back to the street where I dropped from the mercantile guild.

The issue now was I couldnít get back up to that plateau to access the palace vault. The market was also blocked by a swordsman outside the courthouse, and there were nowhere to attach a rope arrow along this entire street. Instead I had to return to the plaza on Bailiff Street and climb back up the side of the canal. Then, instead of heading towards the palace, I went north against the canal current (see image below). This wasnít a route I had planned on taking until later, but it was necessary in order to avoid first alerts.

I could now make my way north completely unbothered. Traveling along the canal from one end of the city to the other was probably my favorite aspect of this brilliant mission. I could now also clean out the east end of the watch station with no alerts. There was a hidden purse on top of a rafter in there that was easy to miss. Further north I passed through a power station, robbed an apartment with lots of crates, and even found a hidden keeper compound with loot far above the city. I ended up through the gate right by the starting point far north on Trundle Street.

I could ascend the roof just north of the market and pass through the mercantile guild like before. Just outside the guildís southern window I found the back door to Azamlargís vault (see image below). It felt good to steal her scepter without touching the intended door. There was a button on the inside that opened it, but that also didnít work for reclosing. Another copy of the escape route key was here also, but I left it be, as I naturally had to return the one I already got to the other location.

Back in the streets I looted my way southwest. Nothing much to report. I stayed on the thievesí highway as much as possible. A few wine bottles and goblets on ledges and balconies, but nobody in the streets below could spot me. Only a lone archer wandered the walkway up here. I had opened the side gate to Azamlargís courtyard from the inside earlier, so I reentered her palace the same way as before, through the courtyard window. I then went down to return the key and returned upstairs to leave her premises. It was more tedious yes, but it avoided the need to sneak in or out of the tavern again; that place was just too crowded for my liking. It didnít feel Supreme-like to risk the heavily patrolled streets there either.

Tarnished Key
    Since I wasnít getting the body from Widowís Way, the only task remaining was stealing valuables. What forced my hand in that regard was the tarnished key from Gillís place. It was needed to access the keeper sanctuary in the power station, and it also needed to be returned for Supreme. My route was also limited by a few pickable doors that I wanted to avoid, plus a few other less Supremeable pathways.

In order to avoid the streets, I made my way through the steel mill and the warehouse to the south. There was only a single guard in there. I could drop from the crane lines directly into the canal below. From here it was a straight shot to Gillís place and the aforementioned key. There was also a very well hidden purse here behind the canisters on the top shelf (see image). On my way back to the canal I looted the poorhouse. There was a patrolling thief in there that was tricky to dodge. The best way I found was to wait in the ladder for him to go through the door below (see image below), then quickly head for the door at the end of the hallway. It was a long pick, but I could just make it before the thief came back. Used a similar method leaving. There was another pickable door upstairs that wouldíve taken me straight back to the warehouse from before, but it wasnít necessary. Instead I took the long haul along the exposed streets.

This time in the warehouse I took a ceiling grate towards the north (see image above). I had a hard time finding this the first time I played this mission. It took me to a sealed off section spoken of in a few readables. For Supreme, all this really did was enabling me to access the power station in the cleanest way possible. More on that later. In the elevator shaft, I had to ride to the bottom level to retrieve a key. This unlocked the top floor, but I had to return the key immediately, as I was not planning on returning this way. Resetting the elevator was also a bit tricky, as most of the lift panels had broken buttons. Luckily, the button for floor three (which is where the lift was stationed when I arrived) was working on the floor below where I was at. If leaning out, with an accurate aim I could shoot an arrow into the correct button (see image below). I chose to use a water arrow, but any starting arrow would do. A moss arrow would probably be discouraged for Supreme, as it leaves visible evidence.

Unfortunately, two more pieces of loot up here had to be skipped for Supreme. Fireballs shot out before I even got close. I could take the rubies for regular Ghost though without getting hurt (first image below). This area gained access to a ledge system above Ore Street. If I accessed this area directly from the warehouse, I had to loosen a floor panel that couldnít properly be replaced, which I didnít like. This felt like a better approach for Supreme. I could jump across the street, but had to quickly scoot in behind the lowering gate closing behind me. Further north I found my way into the power station above the canal falls. This was where the tarnished key was used. The readable at Gillís place had talked about the corpse on which the key was found came from a person living in the canal maintenance system. Under his bed was a lock on which that key worked (second image below). It accessed a hidden keeper sanctuary with three more pieces of loot. I simply dropped down the waterfall to get back to Gillís and replace the key afterwards.

Going Home
    I decided to now take the route home via the Hammer Priory, as this was the only area of the map I had yet to explore. There was a couple of very alert hammerites just outside the priory entrance, especially the archer was particularly wary. A few coin stacks sat in a windowsill just north of a bridge here. In order to avoid picking the lock on the door leading to the bridge, I instead used a rope arrow into the window frame (see image below). The outside wall of the building wasnít wood, neither were the window panes, but the actual inside of the frame was wood. Thanks to marbleman for that trick! I didn't realize a rope arrow could attach anywhere until I read about his method. It was a bit tricky to attach the rope successfully, but after not too long I found the right angle and velocity. Timing the guards I climbed up, quickly grabbed the loot, and mantled the bridge fence. From on top of the bridge I could hide from the wandering archer and grab the rope. Then I had to hop back onto the stony fence outside the priory entrance. Landing in a mantle was the best way; silent and harmless.

The final challenge came on a balcony with a patrolling thief just south of the Brosius Estate. He had a scripted patrol where he checked a locked door. Since the door didnít open by just frobbing it, he continued along his patrol path. Once I unlocked the door, strange things happened. It seems like he was just scripted to operate the door, and if the door was then open, heíd run inside. So if I closed the door after picking it, he would frob it open and run inside. If it was open, however, frobbing it would close it, so then his script told him to just resume his patrol. Strange. If he ended up inside, a few different things could happen, and this is where his script seemed incomplete. If I just hid in the shadows inside this room, he sometimes just turned around and headed back out, usually leaving the door open in the process. Other times he would run through the other door and station himself closer to the canal windows (see image below). The latter situation was for me the most common. I could take the loot before this happened, or I could sneak out there and steal it behind his back. The sliding door usually was left open, otherwise he would most probably have alerted to the sound of it. I donít consider this scenario a bust to Supreme. The thief never verbally alerted to seeing or hearing me, nor did he ever encounter a door left open by me. The only argument against it would be him triggering to the door being unlocked, but picking locks are not against Supreme rules. Additionally, his behavior is scripted, which has previously been ruled as ok when ghosting, as long as nobody sees or hears you in the process.

The rest of the trip home was without further issues. I emerged from the gate on Trundle Street like before. Excellent mission!

Notes
    - Skipped the torc worth 250 in the treasure room at Beaurigardís for Supreme. Taking it triggered spitfire traps around the room.
    - Skipped two rubies worth 300 in skull in abandoned warehouse for Supreme. Again the triggering of traps necessitated the skip.

THE PURSUANCE OF AN INSCRUTABLE RECIPROCITY

MISSION 1 - A CITY WITH OPPORTUNITIES

Big, but rather empty city mission. Quite easy too. Patrollers has scripted behavior and they sometimes stop, do 1st alert comment, wait couple of seconds, make a comment that they seen nothing and continue patrolling. This behavior has nothing to do with being seen by them. If you don't trigger new objective you may end mission earlier by returning to start. This will take you to smaller house mission, which ends under 1 minute. Using cheat to skip mission will take you to small room with Keeper, which can't be finished.

To progress to 2nd real mission you must get key to Mage Rotunda. To do that you must KO noble who will steal ruby. You can trigger conversation from rooftops above statues. Also for ruby to spawn you must quicksave before KO-ing him. Since there is no objective about KO-ing noble or even about getting ruby, this is a ghost bust #1. Noble has also key to shop. You can get all loot in cupboards even though they are locked and there is no key. Just frob them through door. You will need to try highlight them from all directions (left, right, above). For one of pieces of loot from left cupboard I needed to crouch and strafe left and right.

After reading book in Mage Rotunda, key spawns. also district near start of mission unlocks. It's well patrolled, but it's not that hard. Servant will talk noble woman and they will fall asleep for some reason. At the end of path is just crystal. Last building has patroller and stationary archer. Archer must be slightly nudged right, then wait for him to turn towards stairs and run to door.

STATS:

Time: 0:44:07; Loot: 7062/7472
    Pockets Picked: 5/11; Locks Picked: 4
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 1; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Secrets: 3/3

MISSION 2 - COLLECTING IT ALL

Mansion mission. There is some confusion with max loot. For some reason it takes loot I collected in previous mission and adds amount of loot from this mission. So instead of 9657 loot, there is actually 2595 loot. Also my loot from previous mission doesn't transfer to this mission.

First I'm going to basement, go left and wait for stationary guard to turn right, so I will manage to get to kitchen and sneak to 1st floor. There I need to time watcher on the left and patrollers and go through dining to kitchen on the left. In kitchen is very tricky to highlight golden plate. You need to lean forward behind woman. In Library you need to go upstairs right. Near bookcase is switch. Mantle on metal railing first, press it, drop on marble ledge and jump to top of bookcase. Here is secret chest. Standing on it you can easily shoot targets to reveal Keyed Scepter. If passage will close, just crouch and use switch to open it.

In Fountain Room are 3 coins on fountain impossible to get, because top of fountain is observed by 2 AIs and there are 2 bots walking around it, so I'm skipping 60 loot. Go to Training Room, hide near doorway and steal key from woman. Grab gear through glass and rope up for chest. Next is 2nd floor of Front Entrance. On left side on top of painting is crystal. To get it you need to shoot rope arrow into ceiling and 2nd rope arrow into wooden ledge above carpet. Climb up, take crystal and jump towards wall while grabbing rope arrow. You will fall on lower rope. Take it and drop on carpet.

Time watcher and open Security Room. Time to disable watchers and alarm. With 3 Keyed Items go to Garden. Here are patrollers with lanterns and they have this strange behavior of making fake 1st alert from previous mission. Use Keyed Items on statues and take Statue of Ipaniox from chest. Then go to switch in front of statue. Take mask and go to wall to grab True Gem. Then just use back exit to end this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:39:29; Loot: 2510/9657 (actually 2510/2595)
    Pockets Picked: 6/6; Locks Picked: 2
    Secrets: 2/2

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. 3 coins worth 60 loot on top of fountain are observed by 2 AIs and 2 bots are patrolling around, there is also no shadow.

MISSION 3

Mission has no name. You also have no control in this mission and just watching what's going on. You can't interact with anything either, you can't even look around. So explosion that happens and alerts guards isn't my fault. Also once again there is confusion with max loot. It shows that there is 2535 loot, but actually it uses loot I gathered in previous mission. So actually there is only 25 loot. But in this mission you have no control, so it's impossible to collect loot. Mission is also super short.

STATS:

Time: 0:00:20; Loot: 0/2535 (actually 0/25)
    Pockets Picked: 0/2; Locks Picked: 0

SUPREME GHOST: SUCCESS

ACCOUNTANT 2: NEW IN TOWN (TDM)

Mission is split into 2 parts: exploration of hotel and supernatural journey to find 4 gems. Transition is a bit awkward and mission ends after getting 2nd gem with cliffhanger. There is quite a variety of enemies: normal guards, mage, haunt, shadow, invisible guy, spiders and zombies. That's a lot for one mission. Mission is mostly easy, but has some tricky parts. Also my laptop isn't too good, so some parts of mission lag for me. Luckily these parts have no enemies. The are 2 reasons for that: smoke/fog and very strong source of light from waterfalls or portals.

FIRST + SECOND FLOORS

Beginning is really easy. Just one guard to avoid. In vent are 2 conversation, but talking AI will ignore you and noise you produce. Then on 1st floor you need to activate elevator and there are another 2 easy to dodge patrollers. There is also ring under hat and from what I noticed it's possible to highlight ring without moving hat. Just like in Thief.

2nd floor has 2 apartments. John's apartment is empty until you collect ruby or secret jewelry. Taking ruby spawns shadow who vanish very quickly, but I'm pretty sure that if you run towards it, it will spot you. So just crouch instead. Ruby or jewelry spawn haunt and rotating light. You need to sneak to door on the right side of haunt, pray for him to not turn his head right and then crouch walk along wall behind corner. Then time your exit with rotating light. Griswold's apartment is easier. I used conversation to sneak past guards instead of waiting. Scored 2 1st alerts, but since I'm just regular ghosting that's fine.

THIRD FLOOR

3rd floor starts with conversation with friendly thief. He offers key for alien found in Griswold's Apartment. He will also open door to Sewers later. Proper 3rd floor is corridor splitting in 2 directions. It's well lighten, very rarely has shadow and there are 3 patrollers. First I'm going to Music Room for Hidden key. Then to Lounge. On my casual run I managed to clip into wall when I tried to sneak inside. This time I couldn't enter wall. I guess, back then it was fluke. You can easily crouch and walk to left table and grab all loot from it without being seen. For coin stacks on right table, you must mantle on it while crouching. This way nobody will see you. Here is also a vent to other places.

First I find place where I can go down. It leads to Staff Room. Through Dining Room you can get to Lord Balcon's Room. Here you will find Office key. Return to start of this floor and go to Office to complete optional objective. Return to Lord Balcon's Room. There are 2 rooms in this part of corridor that you can enter only via door. If you try going through vent, you will drop into room and wake up sleeping people. There is small shadow at the center close to one of locked doors. You must picklock it and you have barely enough time. If guard will return from Lord Balcon's Room direction he will spot you hiding in this shadow and on the other side of corridor, shadow isn't good enough. So while being in front of Lord Balcon's Room go behind guard to door and picklock it, then quickly enter room. Another locked door has no shadow in front of it, so you must be really quick with picking the lock.

Then go to vent and go to toilet. On your way there will be holes leading to rooms. Both rooms have enemies inside. Left hole leads to room with lying zombie. It's possible to sneak inside by using only 1 moss arrow if you open vent and shoot moss arrow into metal wall under you. This way moss will fall on metal floor and on furniture inside room. In TDM you can only muffle your sound by dropping on moss. In Thief games moss covers even these parts of wall where moss isn't seen. But even if you fall down, grabbing loot (purse and goblet) will trigger zombie to wake up and patrol around the room. Since room is small and well lighten and I have no idea if I would manage to mantle into vent quick enough, I decided to skip this room. On the right side is hole with vent leading to the room I looted. To get through these holes without alerting AI below you must jump over holes and mantle on the other side. Unlike in Thief you can actually jump while in vents. You can't stand and run faster because of that though.

OTHER HOUSES

From toilet I go to split of corridors for golden lunette. Nobody alerts to that, so i'm going the end of this part of corridor. Here is passage to balcony. From it I can jump to window. Priest will not see you. In my casual run goblet fell on floor near door on it's own and woke up sleeping guy. In my ghost run it didn't happen and I could easily sneak inside. Here I have choice to go through window or vent. I choose vent. I open doors and vents and leave them open, because in attic at the end is crystal orb, item that must be carry to complete another optional objective. Luckily moving this orb is much easier than crate from previous mission. I need to return to window, drop on pipe and go to room with cauldron. There I read book and drop orb into cauldron. This will teleport me to another area for scene where noble notice us, but it doesn't count to stealth score, it doesn't sound as alert either, it's just part of conversation. That's why I don't count this as a ghost bust.

SEWERS

Use nearby vent to return to hotel and return to elevator. Ride to the bottom and descend to Sewers. Reading note will imprisoned us and summon reaper. Reaper doesn't alert to us, but if we wait too long we will die. So it's more like deadly wall moving towards us. So just quickly move into portal. Talk with floating skull and it will send you on journey to find 4 gems. First gem is right at the beginning. It's finding 2nd gem what's a problem. Village is empty, so ghosting returns when you enter Mine.

SPIDER MINE

This mine is small, but there are 2 pairs of spider living here. They walk in random directions. You can manipulate them when they walk though saving and loading game. Don't do it when they are standing still, because they set their path when they are standing. When 2 spiders are too close to each other, they will start spinning in place. They can get unstuck from it, but it takes time. Also be careful of walking along walls if there are small rocks, because you will immediately climb them and drop from them and that way you are alerting spiders.

First you need to sneak into straight tunnel. Here is box with loot. Then you must turn and go to exit blocked by another pair of spiders. This is the hardest part of mission. You must go into center of room, then right and then to rocky exit. there is also dark spot on the left between light crystals. But you also need to worry about randomly walking spiders. Don't let them walk on rocks at the exit path or they will just get stuck there and you will be unable to ghost them. Also if you are walking near them, use creep. These spiders are very sensitive.

BARRACKS

Go through forest into Barracks. Open left door, close it behind you, take key and sneak to bed on the side from entrance. Invisible guy with flashlight will enter. Sneak into corridor and go left to kitchen. Open vent. Here will part of floor fall down when you step on it. I'm not sure if it's damage property. Vent is definitely a property, but it's floor doesn't fall normally, so I think it could be damaged before me coming here (similar case to wall in Sound of a Burrick in a Room). To be extra safe I decided to jump above this part of floor, so when it will fall, I will be in midair. It's hard to tell, but I think I succeeded. Hard to tell, because jump is small and fast, but I didn't hear metal noise that usually happens when I'm dropping on metal floor.

ZOMBIE MINE

Last area is another mine, but patrolled by naked zombies (they actually look a bit like aliens I gathered for a thief. This is a maze and I didn't explore it all, so I know only 2 places with loot. First is storage room with lying zombie. You can go on wheelbarrow and crates and grab nugget from shell. To return down quietly you must moss wheelbarrow, so moss will fall on it and floor under it, then you must very slowly drop on moss. Don't drop while walking too fast or zombie will wake up.

Then is place with beds and 2 zombies patrolling. Past this room on the right is nugget behind lying zombie. There is no way to walk past him without bumping into him and waking him up. Using moss to jump over him also doesn't work. Zombie hears noise of falling on moss and wakes up. So I decided to skip this nugget. This one is definitely impossible to get while ghosting. So go left, descend into hole, complete puzzle and get 2nd gem. You will get teleported to train, you will see credits and mission will end. And by the way, just before screen going black, I went to main menu to objectives and objective of getting 4 gems wasn't completed, it wasn't cancelled either. So it's possible to force end of mission and having incomplete objective in certain missions.

STATS:

Time: 2:25:25; Loot: 5529/6167
    Damage Dealt: 2 (?); Received: 0; Health Restored: 0
    Pockets Picked: 0
    AI Killed: 0; AI KOed: 0; Bodies Found by AI: 0
    Secrets: 6/8
    Stealth Score: 0 (Alert 1 = 23; Alert 2 = 0; Alert 3 = 0; Alert 4 = 0; Alert 5 = 0)

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. While grabbing loot from zombie room in hotel may be possible, I don't think it's possible to grab nugget behind lying zombie in 2nd mine near exit.

FINAL NOTE

So in this mission I got Damage Dealt: 2 and I have no idea why. I didn't use my weapons on enemies, I didn't throw any objects at them. I used 1 moss arrow, but it didn't hit lying zombie. So I have no idea why stat is showing that I dealt 2 points of damage. If anyone knows, please tell me.

RETURN OF RAMIREZ

Short killing mission with unavoidable ghost busts. You can't avoid alerting 2 burricks (ghost bust #1) and you must be pretty fast to not get shot by them when you are climbing ladders. At the top you can moss floor, but there is swordman in front of stairs and he will see you (ghost bust #2). At the top of stairs is archer and swordman (ghost bust #3). I used flashbomb to blind them, then enter room, took key, unlocked next door and locked it behind. Then you must kill Ramirez. Since there is no way to sneak behind him I needed to use 4 broadhead arrows (ghost bust #4).

STATS:

Time: 0:04:59; Loot: 0/0
    Locks Picked: 1
    Damage Dealt: 29; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

THE SAINT OF REDMOUND

This mission I thought will be tough, but it wasn't that hard to ghost. In Warehouse on 2nd floor is archer, but eventually he's gonna fall. That's why you must get to guard post quickly and get Warehouse key, then go back. When I went back, archer was on 1st floor turning around. You can still walk around him and sneak to shadow, but if you save and reload, he will stop moving and look in one way. This will make him impossible to ghost. In that case the only way to enter Cathedral is stacking crates to mantle on walls.

Basement is easy. I'm using stairs to get outside and via window I enter priests quarters. Here is safe with box with Master Forger key. I grab it through banner. Then I'm going on the other side of room. From priest's room I get Storage Room key. If novice is looking towards well, I'm sneaking on the other side for 2 statuettes. First douse torch, wait for Hammerite to look away and grab 2 statuettes. Return to stairs and go to kitchen for more loot. Use stairs to get to top for vase. Then return to basement.

Laboratory is easy to ghost. Priest will make explosion, then he will start patrolling rooms. Storage Room requires you to remove couple of bricks. Then you just need to loot Catacombs. The hardest part is final room with 2 haunts and ghost, but it's not that hard to time them and get Hammer of St Lambert.

Return to Dining Room and use secret passage. At the end of Hammerite's patrol douse torch, open door to terrace and douse 2 torches. Now it's time to deal with hardest loot in this mission - golden hammer on altar. It's observed by priest below and Hammerite on terrace. This Hammerite must be nudged right behind pillar. To do that you need to be on the very side of him to not nudge him too much forward or pillar will block path to nudge him behind it. Afterwards you must drop on pew and sneak along left wall to priest. Here I mossed floor and nudged priest forward. Thanks to that I could lean for hammer. To get back up you must mantle on nearby pew and jump and mantle on terrace. After 1st mantle you must do 2nd mantle before you fall from tiny ledge below terrace.

Vault will open passage to flooded area with haunt. You must go behind him, quickly crouch when you have option and sneak to shadow in right passage. Afterwards you must douse 2 braziers, but because area is flooded, you must shoot braziers while standing. Then take Skull of St Lambert while walking behind haunt. Use right passage to return on street and go back to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 0:42:06; Loot: 1750/1816
    Pockets Picked: 1/2; Locks Picked: 5

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

TEN LITTLE TAFFERS

Mission is split into 3 modes. They are pretty easy to ghost. The most challenging is Garrett's mode.

GARRETT

To make your life easier quickly get Staff key and go to room #9 for book. This will make everyone except Hammerite to die. He's walking in basement and you have optional objective to kill him. Afterwards the whole house is just for you. Also stats display only loot and who survived, so after completing last objective, I save game to know my time.

STATS:

Time: 0:47:12; Loot: 3000/3000
    Lady Katya Signoli, a noble, perished
    Fretus, a Pagan, perished
    Governor Horridge, a noble, perished
    Lord Carlysle, a noble, perished
    Archibald Bumbleson, a servant, perished
    Countess de Perrin, a noble, perished
    Dorcas Goodfellow, a servant, perished
    Constable Brenda Masterson, an officer, perished
    Friend Erlen, a Mechanist, perished
    Garrett, a thief, survived
    Father Gerard, a Hammerite, perished
    BONUS: You snatched the Auldale Morning Star!

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

BUMBLESON

This is the easiest and shortest mode. After getting map and visiting your room, go to Ballroom and after events, get Staff key, then from safe Waterfall key and book from room #3. This time there is different killer - Brenda, cop. She's waiting for you in basement and she's easy to dodge. When you get to waterfall, hide in corner near door and wait for Brenda to fall into water and die. If you are fast enough, then your purse will not get stolen by Garrett.

STATS:

Time: 0:08:47; Loot: 0/0
    Governor Horridge, a noble, perished
    Lord Carlysle, a noble, survived
    Archibald Bumbleson, a servant, survived
    Countess de Perrin, a noble, survived
    Dorcas Goodfellow, a servant, survived
    Friend Erlen, a Mechanist, survived
    Father Gerard, a Hammerite, survived

OWEN

This mode is from killer's perspective and this time he's Governor Horridge. When people gathered in Ballroom I went to search for weapons to kill them. Also don't turn off lights in Ballroom or script to start party will not activate. Afterwards you must kill everyone with weapons you gathered. You don't need to worry for type of weapon or order of killing. There are 3 weapons I avoid to use, because they don't kill immediately: beehive, explosive chemicals and acid. Then I break statuettes in Ballroom (excused by objective). Last obstacle is Garrett. After noticing scouting orb (which tracks us, but it doesn't lead to any alert, so I don't count that as a ghost bust). I mossed floor, threw gas mine behind corner, then went forward and when I heard noise of opening door I returned to shadow. Garrett will get gassed, then you just need to drown him and go to exit.

STATS:

Time: 0:22:23; Loot: 0/0
    Lord Carlysle, a noble, perished
    Archibald Bumbleson, a servant, perished
    Countess de Perrin, a noble, perished
    Dorcas Goodfellow, a servant, perished
    Friend Erlen, a Mechanist, perished
    Garrett, a thief, perished
    Father Gerard, a Hammerite, perished
    And Governor Horridge got away with murder

ALBERIC'S CURSE (TDM)

This mission is a homage to Thief 2 FM called Cathedral of the Damned. There are 3 enemies here: zombies, spiders and haunts. Zombies and spiders appear in Crypt, which is also the hardest place to ghost. Cathedral has only haunts, but it's not many of them, there is a lot of shadow and cobblestone, which allows to crouch run though the whole cathedral. You only need to worry about getting spotted from lower or higher levels. Especially when you appear on roof, because you can get spotted from far away. But to enter Cathedral you must go to house and move lantern outside, then time spider below and descend on ladder.

But it's Crypt that is the hardest place. Spiders walk in random direction and lying zombies are very sensitive, so you must to slowly crouch walk around them. There is part where you need to walk on the side of stationary zombie, grab skeleton's body from sarcophagus and sneak to door, then put skeleton on ground while crouching. Don't do it while standing or nearby lying zombie (which isn't very close!) will go into 2nd alert. Then return to stationary zombie for necklace.

You must also be careful of dousing torches where there are lying zombies around. Patrolling monsters will not hear it, but lying zombie will wake up and will walk around. When spider will bump zombie, zombie will stand up and then quickly return to lying position. Also when taking Alberic's Skull be careful to not get spotted by patrolling zombie through window. Alert may not appear in stealth stat, but lying zombies will wake up. That's why after grabbing skull sneak to window to check if lying zombie woke up. If he didn't, then everything is all right.

STATS:

Time: 1:11:23; Loot: 2662/2902
    Damage Dealt: 0; Received: 0; Health Restored: 0
    Stealth Score: 0 (Alert 1 = 58; Alert 2 = 0; Alert 3 = 0; Alert 4 = 0; Alert 5 = 0)

ARENA (TDM)

Mission has 3 objectives: KO 10 enemies, kill 10 enemies and kill 50 enemies. I start with KO objective, spawn Pagan and gas him into head. You must be precise, because gas arrow has much smaller range and power than in Thief games. After 1 KO I summon lava to vanish body. Unfortunately he 1st alerted once to gas arrow cloud that missed him once.

Next is killing objective. I used the same strategy, but used fire arrow. You must be careful, because when spawning or when he turns his head towards you and you have equipped fire arrow, he may spot you. After 9 kills I decided to check if fights between AIs count to kill objective and yes, they do. It doesn't affect stealth score, so I did that. Since there is possibility of crash when there is more than 10 bodies on arena, I don't use lava bath to make bodies vanish.

Then I returned to start and used end mission cheat learned from klatremus, because there is no way to finish mission normally. In this mission I learned how all other enemies look and that max number of arrows is 50. For some reason stats don't show my time, so I show approximate time of beating this mission.

STATS:

Time: around 15 min; Loot: 0/0
    Damage Dealt: 2197; Received: 0; Health Restored: 0
    AI Killed: 9; AI KOed: 10; Bodies Found by AI: 0
    Stealth Score: 0 (Alert 1 = 1; Alert 2 = 0; Alert 3 = 0; Alert 4 = 0; Alert 5 = 0)

AWAITING THE STORM (TDM)

This is like a New Job, but with rain. First problem is getting purse from patroller with torch. You must get to alley near tunnel and wait there for patroller. Interesting thing is you can hide in shadow created by patroller. Then is flooded area and another interesting thing is interaction with objects underwater. In next area you must look out to not get spotted by patroller walking far away. Basement of tavern is empty, 1st floor has only servant in kitchen and patroller. Both are very easy to avoid.

2nd floor is harder. First I sneak to room in front of stationary guard for loot. Then I'm going to kitchen along right wall. Dining Room has 2 talking guests. For closer goblet you can go from right, but for further you must go around table from left and very close to chair. Next room has sleeping noble and guard. Guard can stand near chest for long time, walk around the room and leave outside to walk on corridor and return. You don't need his key. Guard can also walk on bed, which will wake up noble, but he will quickly return to bed. It doesn't count to stealth score. Wait for guard to leave, grab Ornate key from desk, open chest and get all loot. Wait near bed for guard to return. Then go to the next room. Here is sitting noble in front of desk with purse on it. Go to his right side, wait for him to turn head left, stand and lean forward for purse. Afterwards you just need to return to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 0:25:43; Loot: 1260/1283
    Damage Dealt: 0; Received: 0; Health Restored: 0
    Pockets Picked: 1
    Stealth Score: 0 (Alert 1 = 0; Alert 2 = 0; Alert 3 = 0; Alert 4 = 0; Alert 5 = 0)

AWAY 1: AIR POCKET (TDM)

INTRODUCTION

Like name suggests this mission is about swimming underwater. In underwater you will be forced to find small keys and find chests that really blend into walls. Sword has been stolen by member of the crew from sea trunk and hint displays that it's taken to deck, but deck is underwater. Looking for sword would be troublesome. That's why I didn't completed this optional objective. You may also have some problems mantling on crates on the surface of water. Sometimes mantling keep failing and you must try to mantle from other side or keep forward while mantling. In Captain's safe is gold bar. If you take it, you will fail objective of not taking any heavy objects. Luckily it doesn't count as loot.

MOVING CRATES WHILE IN WATER FEELS REALLY BAD

In this mission you will be forced to move crates while in water, but this game wasn't built around that. When you try to bring crate above water, first there will be explosion of water and crate will fall down. Then after grabbing it again you may success or you may fail in 3 different ways. So after touching surface crate can: 1) drop down into water; 2) nothing will happen, crate will stay in place; 3) another explosion of water will happen plus crate will catapult into air and fall somewhere else. It's really frustrating. At least there is nobody nearby to hear what we are doing.

LOOT

There are 4 purses to collect in this mission. For guy in boat you must sneak very close to him, because frob range is very short. Don't lean towards him, just sneak very close to him. Speaking of leaning, I noticed that you can lean while underwater. For pirate walking on rocks I just went to crate he's sitting on and sneaked to him to grab arrow and purse. Arrow for some reason doesn't count as pickpocket. For guy walking in water I just swim to him while crouching. Guy in boat with Emily also has purse, but I couldn't reach it from water. I could mantle on boat, but there is no way to quietly fall in water. To finish the mission you must get on boat attached to the pirate ship. To do that I mantled on fish swimming nearby and from it jumped on boat.

STATS:

Time: 0:49:13; Loot: 280/330
    Damage Dealt: 21 (?); Received: 0; Health Restored: 0
    Pockets Picked: 3
    Stealth Score: 0 (Alert 1 = 11; Alert 2 = 0; Alert 3 = 0; Alert 4 = 0; Alert 5 = 0)

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE?. I couldn't reach purse on guy on boat with Emily from water.

FINAL NOTE

So again I get Damage Dealt stat higher than 0. This time it's high number - 21. It's in mission where you can't use weapons, because when you find them, they are too slippery to use. And I didn't throw any objects to them. I actually have a suspicion that it may have something to do with corpses loading at the beginning of mission. In Tears of St Lucia there was 1 dead spider. In Accountant 2 there was 1 dead spider and corpse of guard in freezer. There were also dead skeletons, but maybe in editor it's possible to put skeletons as objects and not as AI to be automatically killed at the beginning of mission. In this mission is dead crew of our ship. I didn't count 21 corpses, but I didn't check the whole sea, so maybe they are there.

UNHOLY VIVID INNOCENCE

Complicated puzzle mission with undead. First of all, there are 3 undead guardians in this mission and they all block important passages. You can't nudge them, because based on what author said in one of his posts, they act as tables in DROMED. You can't look at them, because they hurt you. To destroy them you must throw at them flashbomb, but you can't throw it near them. Also haunts will only 1st alert to noise of falling bones after killing them. There is no objective specifically telling you to kill them, but one of objectives suggests that ("Find a way to destroy undead guardians"). It's completed very early, but since it mentions undead guardians destruction and the way of killing them feels more like a puzzle, then I'm gonna excuse their kill.

Another important note is that you can't use holy water, because haunts will 2nd alert to sound it's making even if they are far away. This means it's impossible to complete optional objectives about grabbing 5 golden bones (golden skull requires shooting holy water arrow into fountain) and Scepter of Silent Sorrow (you need to shoot holy water arrow into lying skeleton at the starting point).

In Newdark it's possible to jump and mantle into hole in wall near bridge. Intended route requires slow fall potion or using body as a cushion. By mantling into hole I can get drill (another optional objective) more easily. There is room above stairs near Hypostyle of Perdition. To descend on stairs safely just drop on trap door while it opens.

Avoiding haunts isn't very difficult especially after killing undead guardians, but sometimes they can get stuck. It happened to me once, so make saves often and in different slots.

STATS:

Time: 0:43:52; Loot: 11870/13870
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 29; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 3

THE UNSEEN

The only problem is fast and invisible spider. Due to how sound is heard through walls you never know when he will appear. Plus he has random patrol route. It also has no sound alert, so the only indication that it didn't hear me is sound of footsteps not changing. Other enemies are on the other hand easy to dodge.

STATS:

Time: 0:12:54; Loot: 875/1050
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 0

WORKING THE MINES

You can sneak to the right side while crouch walking under window. Turn on left generator and go down. 1st door on the right leads to gambling room with 2 guards. They are sensitive, Go to the right side of door, open it and quickly block close it, turn off light, open door and quickly enter. Here is the whole loot and 2 keys. Use them to get your equipment back. Then go to mines.

In mines you are forced to operate cart and it will destroy 3 zombies (ghost bust #1-3). Haunt in next section has Processing Room key. To get loot requirement you must create 18 diamonds from ores (each diamond increase max loot by 100). To get ores you must explode rock in walls. This is noisy and summons zombies who alert to explosions. Furthermore not every ore gives you diamond, there is no indication which one will give you diamond or maybe it's just based on luck. I don't know, but because sneaking through mine with 18+ ores is very long process and I already failed ghost, I decided to abandon this ghost run.

THE GREYQUARTER HEIST

SEWER STATION

At the 2nd floor of Sewer Station is room with noble. Noble is patrolling around this room couple of times and then stops to look through window. When he does that he may stay there for short or longer time. You need to have luck to use switch behind trophy and get 3 pieces of loot from right side of room.

MEUSE MANSION

I'm going to Meuse Mansion by shooting water arrow to destroy flies swarm and then rope up to top of toilet. Guard patrolling stairs can get stuck on wall on 2nd floor stairs for couple of seconds. Also in kitchen is banner. Cutting it trigger secret and there is also chest with 30 loot behind, which I must to skip. There is also light switch, which is possible to frob.

THIEVES AREA - BASEMENT

There is secret passage leading to office near Casino where I can turn off lights and passage to stairs. I'm gonna loot it later, but right now I'm focusing on sewer part of this section. There is rogue woman with short and random patrol below who can be troublesome. You need to use flare on torch to reveal one of secrets. To complete optional objective of getting treasure and getting 299 loot you need to blow wall with 3 fire arrows. But this is damage property, which also alerts all thieves. So for ghost this must be skipped.

SPIDER SEWERS

I'm going to Spider Sewers through Mechanists Area and turn of lights. To get to explosion area you must mantle on broken pillar, fall on the other side and get on fallen door. You must to be fast or else green spider will spot you. Here is statuette. Don't open 1st door. It leads to Pagans room with bowl worth 10 loot, but if you picklock door Pagans at the entrance will wake up and look at it, so this loot can't be taken from this side. I'm gonna take it later. 2nd door leads to guard post. Don't picklock door or patrollers will 2nd alert. Further away is Hotel and Whittaker Safe key, which I'm gonna get from Hotel side. 3rd door leads to north area of sewers.

On the left is green spider room with body and diamond. To get it you must sneak into room along left wall and while in front of spider lean for diamond. Go to the end and drop into water. Here is patrolling spider and metal door. Mantle and get through it quickly for box with loot. Then return into water and go back to previous area with 2 locked metal doors. Left door leads to shop's basement, right - Alchemist's basement. I'm going to shop, to 2nd floor and through Keeper's place to street. From there I'm visiting wrecked house and then 3rd section of sewers.

THIRD SECTION OF SEWERS

Only 1 patroller. First I jump into water to get to underwater chest in Spider Sewers. Spiders will not see you. Metal door on the right requires long picklock. Wait for archer to go left, use 1st lockpick and jump into water. Wait there for patroller to again go away and quickly unlock this door.

CITY WATCH

City Watch has Boathouse, which is also exit. I prefer to enter now, because Boathouse is good hideout. Douse 2 gas torches. Here are 2 patrollers. Archer is visiting all floors and guard visits prison. Go behind him and leave 2 doors open, also douse torch in prison. Wait for guard to leave and quickly enter and grab purse from lying woman. Wait a bit, so prisoner will not be sensitive and quickly leave. Wait for archer to visit basement and quickly go to 2nd floor for key and 3 coin stacks. Crouch on bed and wait for archer to go down. Go downstairs, but wait on stairs. Archer is outside. When he will go to basement, open 4th compartment and take loot, then go outside.

Then I returned to Keeper house and to Spider Sewers. Looting Alchemist Shop and other shops was easy, but I needed to skip another secret triggered by cutting banner in Sculptor. There is 8 statuettes impossible to get through banner worth 120 loot, which I skipped. I left opened window above Market for later. I got Alchemist's Book and returned back to Thieves Area. On my way through Spider Sewers 2 patrolling spiders stopped patrolling. They became stationary spiders for some reason. That's the end of 1st loop around city.

THIEVES AREA - CASINO

First I'm going through door near secret passage. There are some spots of light, so I need to be careful. I'm taking all loot behind counter, then return to stairs and go to 1st floor. Here are 2 patrollers walking on this floor and 2nd floor corridor. They can also go down couple of steps. This means that shadow on stairs on 1st floor isn't safe. Thieves have random patrol route and they turn in random direction at the end of corridors. Go to Casion through dining room and easily loot it. I'm leaving this building through 2nd floor window.

PAGANS PLACE

Drop on wooden roof and moss floor under right window. Shoot rope arrow into window above locked door and jump to it, open window and mantle inside. Here is noble mage. Gem and statuette are easy to get. Open trap door to Pagans Room. They are sleeping except Pagan near bowl. Luckily he's turning, so you can grab this piece of loot. To exit rope up to noble, open window where you mossed wooden roof on the other side, jump and mantle on it. Afterwards I'm going along ledge to Hotel.

HOTEL

To get to Room #4 you need to go through Room #5, but on balcony is gas mine, so you must walk on balcony edge to the other side of balcony and disarm mine. Similar story with Room #8 - you get to it from Room #7. To Room #9 you go through front door, turn off both light switches. You can sneak to bucket with bottle while slowly going along right wall. Room #3 has vomiting thief. Wait for him to go to bathroom and then go steal his key

Basement has patroller on quite short and random path. Also rarely stairs patroller can visit here. First open door to sewers to get safe key under ladder. Then unlock Slot #2. From it you must run and picklock Slot #1 with 3 bottles. You can't do that in one go, because archer has too short patrol route. With key go to Room #1 and loot it, then go to Slot #7 and use secret passage to go to Gatehouse.

GATEHOUSE

Patroller near levers has purse. There is archer walking via stairs and top of Gatehouse. Sneak to tower to get purse from metal helmet guard, then go to Mechanists Forge. Use 2nd window from right to slowly sneak to opened window. Inside is book and key. You are in shops area. From there I decided to return to Spider Sewers, go to Keeper House and City Watch to finish mission in Boathouse.

STATS:

Time: 1:56:53; Loot: 4941/5555
    Pockets Picked: 11/11; Locks Picked: 37
    Secrets: 13/16

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. In Meuse Mansion in kitchen is secret chest too far behind banner worth 30 loot. Optional objective requires blowing up wall, which is damage property and alert thieves. Because of that I skip loot worth 299. There are 8 secret statuettes too far behind banner in Sculptor. They are worth 120 loot. Together I skipped 449 loot.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast