TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 9) [SPOILERS]

FREST WORLD

Short platforming mission. Can't be ghosted, because after landing on roof with 2 turrets, they will start shooting at you (ghost bust #1). You need to dodge missiles and jump on red moving platform and then 3 turrets will spot you during the ride (ghost bust #2).

STATS:

Time: 0:05:09; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

Game: Thief 2
    FM: A Keeper of the Prophecies 2: Hallucinations

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 56:12
    Loot - 1223/1223
    Pockets Picked - 0/3
    Secrets - 2/4
    Locks Picked - 4
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 15, Healing taken: 9
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - 1 water arrow & 1 magic healing apple

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    This is my favorite mission in this campaign by some distance. It is very bleak and depressing, but carries a lot of emotional baggage, due to the author’s personal history. I love the combination of fog, howling wind and the occasional snowflake. Having a real timer is an interesting touch, but certainly not everyone’s cup of tea. Due to the recent .dml by fortuni and glypher, this mission now works in NewDark without random crashes, which means Perfect Supreme Ghost is possible.

I was poisoned, and my primary objective was to find the one responsible. Furthermore, the keepers directed me to find a way into the hammerite cathedral before 10 o’clock. There was a real clock keeping time in the town square, giving me about 65 minutes to finish on time. On my way there, I also had to find Megatfree’s pocket watch at the mortuary. I started with only 4 health points, and at random intervals I would lose more. The Supreme rules don’t allow the use of healing potions, but it doesn’t say anything about food or healing fruits. When losing health, nearby enemies could also hear Garrett’s grunts, posing an added and somewhat unpredictable challenge. Reloading in order to avoid all loss of health seemed like an engine exploit to me, so I avoided that. Instead, I would try to maximize efficiency early on by moving quickly. Enemies (both guards and undead) would be released at timed intervals throughout the mission, giving me an added incentive to act fast.

South
    Got to my apartment without hindrance. Passed the hammerite-mechanist conversation quickly, before the fight started. Kevel didn’t alert to me and I had to let him in to proceed. His key disappeared so the door was left unlocked. Looted Pinchenden’s place next. I skipped reading the diary for Supreme, in order to avoid the lengthy interaction with Alisha. Approaching the town square, a conversation started between the surgeon and a nobleman. Upon completion, Grendius ran to the infirmary door. To avoid having to pick it open, I managed to block it before it closed (image below). There wasn’t much in it, but it was repeatable. Looted this place with ease, again skipping Alisha’s conversation.

The only remaining thing to do in this part of town was to get the loot from the easter egg location, which involved shooting an arrow into the east side of the clocktower. A water arrow was my best and most silent option. Only one enemy here right now was a stationary hammerite by the cathedral gate. Plenty of other patrollers would spawn later, making cleaning the town square this early of utmost importance. I could shoot the arrow undetected from the gate in the far northeast corner (image below). The guard was too far away to see me or hear the shot. I grabbed the loot in the next room and one healing apple. It would fully restore my health if needed later. I spawned back on the west side of the clocktower.

North
    The best way I found to get into the warehouse district was via the frozen river. It was difficult to navigate the ice quickly without making a lot of noise, so I had to slow down for parts of it. One narrow portion had breakable ice, but if moving along the left wall, it didn’t crack (image above). The warehouse had two thieves on the east and west sides. They were outside, but could see part of the inside through a slot towards the bottom. I could easily climb the crates and get the only piece of loot in here without getting spotted. To leave this area I climbed the 3 crates on the north side, then used the icy ledge to reach the exit tunnel (image below). One of the aforementioned thieves stood below, but he couldn’t see me if I took this route and moved slow. There was also a patrolling archer on the icy ledge itself, but his route was long and not a problem to dodge.

Arriving at Megatfree’s, no guards had spawned yet and no zombies were to be seen either. The front doors were pickable, but an unlocked window on the second floor accessed the master bathroom. Picked up Judy as the extra objective spawned. I didn’t actually need to pick up the pocket watch though; it checked off as I got close. However, since the pocket watch replaced the compass if taken, my regular compass disappeared from my inventory even if I didn’t take the watch. Not a big deal, just annoying. Skipped the balcony secret. It required another arrow use and only yielded useless explosive charges. At this time, two patrolling swordsmen had spawned outside the mortuary. I used their route to get into the bottom floor and access the rest of the upper floor without having to pick any locks. I could also get into Megatfree’s office this way (image below). Very nice to be able to leave all these doors locked for Supreme. The office desk couldn’t be relocked as the key disappeared; it couldn’t even be reclosed.

The attorney’s office wasn’t a big deal. As Franticious’ conversation ended, I could either block the double doors as the guard appeared, or reenter through the now open door from the street, without having to pick any locks. The cathedral gate key was a necessary pickup, and it couldn’t be dropped so I didn’t have to return it. At this point, the time read 9:18pm, so I had 27 minutes left until getting the optional objective checked off. If I left before this, it would get crossed out, which is ok for regular Ghost but a bust to Supreme. There was nowhere to hide without first alerts over by the cathedral gate, so I waited just inside the northeast instead (image below). I could monitor most fights from here. My health was down to 1 hit point, so I ate my magic healing apple to replenish it. At 9:30, a significant wave of zombies and haunts were released, from which the outcome was highly variable.

Most of the time, the zombie and haunts would kill the mechanists and guards close to the cathedral entrance in the first wave. Not long after settling down, the undead would wander off, leaving the cathedral gate empty. When the coast was clear I rushed over to the corner just south of the gate (image below). This was the only spot close to the gate that was safe. It had previously been blocked by the stationary mechanist. Here I sat tight until the clock turned 9:45 and the objective completed.

Last edited by klatremus; 13th Dec 2021 at 19:09. Reason: Linked to .dml

I remember reading somewhere that the timer is put on hold whilst you are reading any readables in this mission, don't know if any one can confirm that or not.

Also seeing the dml is essential for this mission I'm surprised you didn't include a link for it in your report, players can find it here.

PS. All credit for the dml should go to Glypher, I only did my usual 'Trying to help as much as possible, but didn't really contribute to the solution'

Thank you for including the link, Fortuni. Just a quick correction, you can finish the mission without the dml, but you have to listen to Franticious' conversation shortly before ending the mission, as it crashes due to a faulty script. Since I had to wait until 9:45, I was never able to finish it without the dml. I think you deserve a fair bit of thanks as well Fortuni for helping me problem solve, although Glypher is the sole dml guru.

FINKELBERRY'S

In sewers you can open secret area with spider and nugget in barrel, but to get nugget (100 loot) you must get out of water. The problem is that to get out of this area you must drop back into water, but spider alerts to that. So this nugget must be skipped.

In library you are forced to slash banner to get into secret passage with Finkel's Safe key (ghost bust #1). In the same passage you can frob lever through bookcase to open it for more secret loot.

In Finkel's Apartment you must dodge watcher by jumping on table and hiding under it, then moving quickly to the next room. Jump on table is loud, so I mossed it.

STATS:

Time: 0:38:46; Loot: 2696/2861
    Pockets Picked: 6/7; Locks Picked: 8
    Damage Dealt: 6; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Secrets: 6/6

THE HARLEQUIN

Short carnival mission. There is one guard and we must deal with him, so he's not really any problem. He returns at the end of mission, but again he's easy to dodge.

STATS:

Time: 0:11:29; Loot: 25/25
    Pockets Picked: 1/0; Locks Picked: 0

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

HEIST AT HILBERT'S HIGHRISE HOTEL

I thought that getting coin stack near guard in game room in barracks may be tricky, but it's easy to reach it from outside ledge. Also I thought that getting to west wing may be difficult as archer is looking in that direction. Luckily it was possible to mantle on wooden beam and just strafe drop on lower gargoyle and quickly mantle over stone railing. Despite this area being well visible, archer is just too far to go into search mode. Administration has 3 rooms that you must picklock while walking behind patroller and dodging him while he turns.

The hardest challenge was entering Autumn Suite. You need to enter it via outside window with gargoyle below. The problem is that window is small, so it's easy to fail mantling and jumping on it. It's also easy to get stuck on it. Outside of window is well visible, so patrolling inside Hammerite can easily spot you. And not just him, if you stay for too long on gargoyle, one of mages on nearby balcony will spot you. On top of that, inside is marble floor and because of small window, it's impossible to quietly descend inside. So, to enter Autumn Suite you must moss floor inside before you will mantle on gargoyle, blindly time Hammerite and have luck to quickly get inside.

I completed 4 bonus objectives: taking loot from Cashbox, stealing Builder's Tools, stealing collection of crystals and stealing Menger Sponge.

STATS:

Time: 1:10:46; Loot: 10270/10270
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 10
    Secrets: 7/7

LADY MOSSY

Short mansion mission, quite easy to ghost as most of AI sleeps. There may be a bit tricky to retrieve rope arrows after getting keys from bathroom and bedroom, but you just need to mantle on roof and drop and mantle on wall with grass below. And after grabbing gem from sewers you must time your fall into water with guards patrolling street.

STATS:

Time: 0:18:47; Loot: 2387/2392
    Pockets Picked: 3/5; Locks Picked: 3

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

LORD ALAN'S FACTORY

This is the biggest and the loudest mission I have ever played. And it's also empty. There is 10 min of sneaking and the rest is just strafe running through this gigantic factory. Because of that I failed optional loot objective (3500 loot) and optional scriptures objective. Not really care about them as searching every nook and cranny of this factory would probably take me 10 hours. Mission is timed, but it's not a problem. For 1st objective you have a bit above 2 hours to complete. It's easy to complete the whole mission within this time.

In Turbines and Alternators I use stack of 2 potions to get on top of machine and on higher ledge earlier. On Air System roof there is bomb machine on east path, but going there will spawn plant monster. To avoid it, choose different path, mantle on metal railing and from there jump and mantle on metal fence. Go to bomb machine to disarm it and get out from this path the same way. The only bomb machine that I leave for after completing 1st objective is machine from Elemental Towers. I ride central elevator and sneak past plant monsters (they are pretty blind). Disarming all bomb machines will despawn them.

STATS:

Time: 1:26:07; Loot: 2425/4950
    Pockets Picked: 17/24; Locks Picked: 6
    Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Back Stabs: 0; While Airborne: 0
    Killed: 0; Knock Outs: 0; Gassed: 0
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 0
    Hidden Objectives: 9/10
    Secrets: 7/7

MEMOIRS OF A DEAD GOD

MISSION 1 - PREPARATIONS

Pretty short and easy to ghost mansion mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:32:57; Loot: 1666/1671
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 4
    Secrets: 10/10

MISSION 2 - REVELATIONS

It's the same mansion, but due to Pagan magic some paths are blocked. It's a bit harder to ghost, but not much. 1st ape guard is sensitive after killing servant. I found it that going behind him to Vault room and dodging him from left doesn't alert him while if you wait for him near your cell and then go to Vault room, he will spot you.

You must be careful when you teleport into basement from 2nd floor bedroom. Due to enemy being far away, he's frozen and it's possible that after teleportation, you will appear right in front of him. Luckily there is other path to basement. Inside Vault I'm forced to drink Drink Me potion. It has slow fall effect and it will teleport me to next area.

I'm forced to skip chest worth 150 loot near Entrance Hall. You need to go through Entrance Hall, but if you do that you will get immediately spotted by burrick head, which alerts other apes. It's possible to summon to Entrance Hall 2 bots (optional objective), but one of bots usually stays in front of door leading to room with chest while shooting into indestructible burrick head. If you get too close, bot will attack you. This situation creates huge noise in the whole mansion and alerts all apes. That's why I decided to not complete optional objective with signal machine and bots summon.

STATS:

Time: 0:56:17; Loot: 2646/2901
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 1
    Secrets: 10/10

GHOST: CHEMICAL SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Skipped chest worth 150 loot near Entrance Hall, because it's impossible to sneak past burrick head.

MYSTERY AT THE ST. ANNE INN

At the entrance of clown sect hideout you must douse 3 torches. Do it when you enter this area as later 2 clowns below will spawn and they can alert to the sound of dousing left torch. Below are 2 braziers and dousing them would be better than torches, but unfortunately 2 clowns will 2nd alert to that even when it's happening during their conversation. During their conversation I go along left wall to table for loot and rope arrow, then return to entrance, go along right wall, douse torch in prison corridor and continue to banners. Then wait for walking clown to enter this room and enter tunnel.

I'm nudging red spider to get statuette. Also I'm forced to skip ring worth 100 loot, because it requires breaking wooden planks. In attic of house Hans will spawn behind you. To avoid getting spotted by him you must strafe run into last room, hide behind corner and crouch. Hans will run to doorway and then walk back to table near stairs. You must go in this time to shadow, because when Hans stops, he will look towards last room. Also don't go too close to him, because he will attack you. Then you must kill him. Unfortunately it's impossible to kill him in one hit and because he's a haunt, he can't be KO-ed or gassed. So that's ghost bust #1.

STATS:

Time: 0:41:15; Loot: 2702/2802
    Pockets Picked: 1/2; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 18; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1
    Secrets: 4/4

RECIPE FOR TURMOIL

Pretty short and easy city mission. The only surprise may be when reloading after frob dousing candlestick in noble's house, because area near window will become well lighten again and you can't frob it to turn it off. That's why I don't play with this candlestick.

STATS:

Time: 0:13:36; Loot: 2437/2512
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 3

THE ROSE OF BANTRY

HAMMERITE TEMPLE

Go east and south. Rope up and mantle on flat red roof. It's slippery, but you can mantle on stone beam and jump on wall. Drop on stables. Here is neutral novice. Drop on ground, mantle on tree and jump to balcony. Jump to other balcony and grab 2 keys. Return to previous balcony and go to corridor. You must be fast, because priest has tendency to get stuck while walking into bed. It's possible to move him from the other side, but not from balcony. If that happens go to 2nd balcony and nudge Hammerite. Looting this floor is easy, take patroller's key to exit to 1st floor.

You will need 2 water arrows. They are in basement if you need. Also 1st floor is patrolled by 2 Hammerites and another neutral novice. Go to barracks opposite to chapel. Open door, move into doorway and quickly close it. While in shadow open door. You must douse torch, but it will 2nd alert 2 Hammerites inside. So first you must 1st alert them by crouch walking while in shadow. You will get more visible and Hammerites will 1st alert. Douse torch and room will become pitch black. Blindly go to table and take 5 coin stacks from it. When leaving quickly close door behind you and sneak to chapel.

Douse 2 torches and strafe run from one pillar to other. This way you will go to door. Inside close door, take all loot and Holy Hammer from chest. It's carryable object, so drop it on window. Leave the same way from chapel. This time I just went to 2nd pillar and then strafe ran to entrance to chapel. Go to cloister and open main gate. Don't forget to grab Holy Hammer from window and go with it to Cutty's room in Inn. I placed hammer on bed. Then go south to ship.

SHIP

It's very easy to sneak into ship without being spotted by 2 guards. On deck is 1 patroller. On ship is also neutral servant woman who get stuck on lowest level, but you can easily unstuck her by loading game. First go upstairs left, Run to the top , go right and crouch. Here are 3 stationary guards. One of them near archer has a key. Slowly approach him and lean for key. Leave the same way. Go right and time yourself with another patroller. In room is chest with another key. Go left again to 1st door. Inside is more loot, purple box with Rosary (triggers alarm, so do that at the end) and passage to door unlocked by lever. Leave it open for now.

Here are 2 rooms with loot and patroller easy to dodge. Go downstairs. Guard is patrolling corridor to machine room, but he's easy to dodge. At the bottom of stairs is vault door protected by guard. He doesn't turn and this is very well visible area and you must go inside, so you are forced to KO him (ghost bust #1). Hide him under stairs. Inside vault is chest with Scepter and 2 chests of loot. Storage is also hard to enter. You must use entrance near machine room, hide behind pillar, crouch and strafe run around pillar to left shadow. This short move will allow you to not alert stationary guard hidden behind pillar. Take loot from 4 chests and return the same way to door opened by lever. Close it and take Rosary from purple box. It triggers alarm that will summon more guards and alert everyone on ship (ghost bust #2).

Return to door unlocked by lever. To get out from ship you must use window. 2 guards guarding ship are still unalerted and not alerting them by dropping into water is RNG. But it's also to not get stuck in this window as it's small. I found out that if you move away from window, crouch , move towards it, jump forward and quickly mantle on it, forward momentum will drag you to the other side of window. Try your luck with 2 guards and when you are successful, swim to ladder. Then you just need to go to Inn and pick up Holy Hammer. Guards patrolling city in search mode manner shouldn't be any problem.

STATS:

Time: 0:33:15; Loot: 2411/2411
    Pockets Picked: 4/6; Locks Picked: 9
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 1; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

A SIMPLE JOB PLANNED FOR THIS EVENING

Mission inspired by Blooper Reel. Enemies are placed right in your face and there is no shadow. Also there is flying head tracking you that can block your climbing on rope or jumping. Ghost run ends very quickly after swimming to 2nd area, which is well visible and has 4 guards in your face. Some of loot you get by frobbing AI (they get picked as loot), some other you must first to KO or kill them first. That's more busts.

Constantine Sword is protected by hostile mage. Theoretically you could douse all torches in church to sneak, but water arrows act as holy water arrows, so dousing torches will alert mage anyway. Taking the sword will spawn bots, but it's possible to go down without alerting them if you doused all torches before. Taking Eye will trigger fireball trap. You need to jump in place to avoid getting hurt, but it will alert enemies through walls.

Horn of Quintus is hidden in crate you must destroy and below are 3 fast zombies, so that's more busts. Upstairs is Sheriff Frobman Truart. Frobbing him will make you carry him, but at the same time he will start shooting you with gear magic, so you must quickly drop him into lava.

This mission has huge amount of cheap ghost busts and ghost bust would play almost entirely the same as casual run. That's why I decided to not do a ghost run.

LIBRARIAN SERIES

2 missions has been released separately. First mission has already been reported by Hexameron, but this report has been lost. That's why I'm gonna report it now. Also I'm calling both releases as Mission 1 and 2, but this series isn't campaign. This is info for you, klatremus, as I see that some mission originally released a separately and then packed into campaign are still in unreported list. I already reported Space Project. Also Ransom, Lord Beltzer's Mansion and Mistress Guennean's Castle has been reported, because they have been later packed into Reunification Campaign.

MISSION 1 - THE LIBRARIAN

In Air Talisman area after dousing torches in corridor and grabbing key unlock door and lock it behind you. It's important, because it changes route of patrolling haunt. If door is unlocked, haunt will go into previous room, quickly turn around and use corridor to get to other door we unlocked. If door is locked, haunt will enter previous door and go through it to room where key was located. This means that he will not be too fast in corridor. Go to left side of stationary haunt and douse torch in front of glass maze. In glass maze you need to to get to lever. For that you can mantle on glass walls from wall. The same way you can sneak to hole in ground.

In Earth Talisman area there is Hammerite walking on very narrow marble (acts as ice, but looks and sounds like marble) ledge. Occasionally he can fall down on ground floor. Falling rocks traps shouldn't alert anyone. In Fire Talisman area you must shoot fire arrow into air talisman. Luckily it shouldn't alert anyone. In last area you should use talismans to open your path to Spear of Destiny, but you can bypass it by mantling on statue and strafe jumping and mantling on walls of maze.

STATS:

Time: 1:07:54; Loot: 5485/5760
    Pockets Picked: 7/7; Locks Picked: 7

MISSION 2 - THE SPEAR OF DESTINY

PART 1 - THE SPEAR OF DESTINY

In every doorway there is metal tile, so you must slow down. It's a bit annoying. Also after talking with prisoner you get optional objectives of freeing her and locking 2 guards in cell. For 2nd objective you must KO them and I'm doing that with music. Midwinter Horn of Quintus has ability to KO enemies, but it doesn't do any damage to them. To make silver gear I'm forced to moss hopper on top of Replicator. Thanks to that silver will fall into hole without making noise. As reward you get silver gear and moss will get activated. I also completed 3 bonus objectives of helping Mimi, finding more info about Spear of Destiny and leaving Flynn's Diary on Mentalist's table.

STATS:

Time: 1:01:00; Loot: 6571/6641
    Pockets Picked: 16/17; Locks Picked: 13
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 2

PART 2 - THE OLD COMPOUND

Sealed off wing has some shenanigans with poison gas when entering and leaving 1st and 3rd room. It's a bit random to avoid damage. For 1st room first nudge spider right. Save. Open door, close it and quickly go through it. Here is loot chest and hidden key to Old Ruins. To leave open door, close it and quickly run to exit from this area.. For 3rd room open door from as far as possible, then strafe jump on altar for vase and drop into portal for diamond. Now you should be able to leave this room without problem. Close door behind you.

Unfortunately it's impossible to get Spear of Destiny without alerting everyone. You must throw drill into spear. It creates explosion and alert everyone (ghost bust #1). Then you just need to douse couple of torches and rope up to vent at the top of crates. Old Ruins have fast tornadoes that kill you in one hit. With Rosary you can destroy them, but it's not necessary. You can strafe run to escape first tornado. Gate to Mouth is protected by 3 tornadoes. I decided to strafe run straight to Mouth along right wall. After tornado went close to gate, I quickly run to it, because there is another tornado going along wall where I was standing. At the end you just need to make choice. I chose to destroy Spear of Destiny.

STATS:

Time: 0:36:33; Loot: 3400/3425
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 6

Thank you, Galaer. I updated these new reports and I also saw your message about the missions that had been reported on in the Reunification Campaign.

Game: The Dark Mod
    FM: Thief's Den 3: The Heart of Lone Salvation

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 3:00:19
    Times saved - 345
    Damage Dealt: 7 Damage Received: 0
    Health Restored - 0
    Pockets Picked - 5
    Loot Acquired - 9097/9097 (Supreme: 8797)
    Killed by the Player - 0
    KOed by the Player - 0
    Bodies found by AI - 0
    Alerts - 0 Suspicious, 0 Searches, 0 Sightings
    Stealth Score - 0
    Consumables - 2 water arrows (Supreme: 1 water arrow)

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    The best Dark Mod mission I have played so far, by a long shot. It still doesn’t reach the heights of some of the absolute best Thief missions, but I’ll be fair and say it comes close. The story, difficulty and non-linearity are its strong points. It lacks a bit in mansion layout, especially on the ground floor, but that isn’t enough to take away from a crowning achievement courtesy Fidcal & Co. It’s possible to Supreme ghost, but not without some hefty challenges.

I was tasked to steal the gemstone called The Heart of Lone Salvation along with some information about it from Eldridge Hall. I also needed to obtain Lord Eldridge’s Book of Rogues, in addition to 6,000 worth of valuables. Two optional ghostlike objectives were also present: 1) Not to start a major alert, and 2) not to let anyone know I was there, which I assume would be considered a ‘minor’ alert. Another optional objective was to find 8 out of 13 secrets. Of course, all optional objectives are required following the Supreme Ghost rules.

Ground Floor, West
    I entered the compound by way of the well, arriving in the basement. I could’ve gotten over the parapet without alerts, but it was more time consuming and a lot riskier. I would have to return to loot the courtyard later anyway. In planning a specific route for this mission, I was limited by a few factors. 1) This mission had a lot of keys, most of which weren’t necessary to pick up for two reasons. One, there were easy ways to circumvent the doors they opened. Two, there were other keys that replaced their use. For example, both Hink’s footlocker key in the front gate control room, as well as a key stuck in a footlocker in the southeast barracks on the ground floor, operated trunks that could be unlocked by the ‘master footlocker key’. Similarly, there was a ‘master bedroom key’ that worked on multiple chambers on the upper floor, removing the need to obtain other keys for these rooms. 2) Quite a few doors were pickable, but didn’t have any key assigned. It isn’t against the Supreme rules to leave these unlocked, but for obvious reasons, I wanted to minimize picking those types of doors. If the Supreme rules require you to relock doors that are relockable, then it seems in the spirit of that mode to also avoid picking doors unnecessarily.

With those boundaries in mind, I started cleaning the southern part of the ground floor. Found the first master footlocker key on a sleeping guard in the barracks (image below). This was a crucial early pickpocket, as it opened every footlocker in the staff rooms. Moved my way west and rounded the corner north without issues, picking up loot along the way.

A weird situation occurred outside the interrogation room. I didn’t have the key for this gate yet, but a corpse in a cage in there was rattling around. This made so much noise that any enemy patrolling near here would alert and start searching (image below). It didn’t count towards the stealth score and didn’t bust any ghost mode, but it was impossible to sneak by this area once it happened, plus the alerted guards would be patrolling around with their weapons raised and be highly sensitive for the rest of the mission. The only way to avoid it was to wait in the far southwest corner of the floor for all patrollers to pass by. The engine seemed to shut off this animation if far enough away. I was hoping this wouldn’t lead to other problems later on. Strange that this issue hadn’t been picked up during beta testing.

My first real ghosting challenge came in the front entrance hall to the north. Two guards were stationed by the front door for some time, before patrolling the side hallways, east then west. Four other enemies also patrolled through this area from time to time, but they had longer and less worrisome routes. Two lion statues worth 175 each were placed on top of the front door frame. The only way to get them was by jumping, but that always alerted the guards, even if they were at the far end of their patrols. A useful trick I recently discovered is to use a droppable readable to cushion a jump on noisy surfaces, sort of like a makeshift removable moss arrow. The only readable in my possession was Sam’s message, but that fit the bill perfectly; small, flat and silent. I waited just south of the door until both guards walked away (image below). If their routes were mistimed, luckily one of the guards patrolled faster than the other, so sooner or later they would always synchronize. Creeping out from the shadows, I walked over to about one tile’s length away from the loot, then stood up, looked straight down and dropped the note. Then I could lean and jump to grab the statue. I had to wait for the next loop to get the second one, but it worked like a charm just the same as the first.

The ceiling light fixture in the front hall also had loot; four gemstones to be exact. They were easy to get once I knew how. I didn’t realize until very late that I could climb the chandelier chains. Again waiting for the guards to leave, I mantled up the chandelier, climbed the chain and leaned in to grab the loot (see image). Yes that’s right, you can lean while climbing in The Dark Mod. Perfect!

Upper Floor
    Grabbed the old key from Lord Edridge’s bedroom first. I needed it to proceed with the main objectives. I’d have to return here later to relock the door with the master bedroom key. Skipped Lady Helena’s bedroom, but instead picked the lock on her personal suite. There were at least two other ways into this area of the mansion, but both required picking up unnecessary keys, so this was my chosen route in order to stick to the Supreme rules as closely as possible. Exited out her window to get the secret loot from the garden (see image). This skipped any need for either of the garden keys. The spiders could easily be dodged.

In Helena’s suite I did come across something strange. A lit candlestick couldn’t be operated in normal fashion. Usually, you can move the candle piece off the base and then take the valuable part without problems. Here, the light extinguished whenever the loot was taken, no matter what. If I moved the wax part to the opposite end of the room, then went back to take the gold, it still extinguished. I could light it back up with my match just fine, but this didn’t seem good enough for Supreme. Rule 6a says “no removal of light sources”. Even stranger was if I put out the light before taking the base, the candle turned back on again! This told me there was a script to alter the light property of the wax part when frobbing the loot item. This seemed like an author oversight, so I decided to put out the light and immediately frob the candlestick part in order to get the loot and leave the candle lit. Although the light was only off for a mere fraction of a second, this was technically a Supreme bust, so I skipped the loot for that mode.

Got the chapel key from the chambermaid’s quarters and looted the office further south next. I discovered that pickable doors used by patrolling enemies get relocked the next time they use it. This is great for Supreme, as doors that would normally remain unlocked due to my action now won’t. Finally I headed up to deal with Martha.

Martha alerted like a hostile civilian. She would even fail the optional objectives if seeing me. Luckily, part of her route included the treasure cache room to the north. While she was in her bedroom area, I could grab the painting and the gemstone. Then when she headed over to the treasures, I took her bracelet and exposed the floor hatch. I had to move things out of the way silently, but also so that she didn’t bump into things during her normal route (image below). The western wall was for the most part dark. I’d have to come up to reset her “furniture” later, but then again I had to bring the holy healing potion regardless.

The library posed no issues. Found two more candlesticks with the weird light extinguishing script here. I grabbed them using the same method as in Helena’s suite for Ghost, but skipped them for Supreme. Had to take either the spare library key or the disused room key to proceed; I chose the former, as it somewhat reduced backtracking.

Courtyard
    Left the rear hall via the window. I didn’t want to pick the lock to the guest bedroom hallway, and I also wanted to avoid taking the balcony key, so the window was the only other option. I used a couple of rope arrows to climb the balcony roof and furthermore get onto the roof of the tower west of the parapet (image below). There was loot up here that was tough to reach from below with the lantern guard present. I then dropped onto a preplaced rope from the east tower. Used Sam’s message like before in order to retrieve the arrow undetected.

Used the master footlocker key to get the loot from the east tower. This skipped the need to get Hink’s key from downstairs. Had to use Sam’s note yet again in order to descend to ground level. Dropped it from the canopy onto the barrel on the west side (image below). I could have used the west parapet door, but this was very difficult dodging both patrollers plus the lantern guard.

A better method once on ground level was to head back in through the door. The Dark Mod rules do allow for the use of doors to block light sources, and that was the method applied here. If opening the door about halfway, it would cast a shadow along the foot of the door, enough not to get spotted by the bald guard across the yard (image below). After taking the loot inside, I used a similar method heading back out. Sneaking across the courtyard due northeast, I mantled through a window, emerging in the ground floor’s southeast section.

Ground Floor, East
    The dining hall was a tough place. A lone guest sat with his back towards the double doors on the north wall. Another door was in the eastern corner next to the fireplace. There was a lamp right by this door, which made it problematic to enter this way. However, if using the leaning technique described in previous reports, I could approach the fireplace unseen. All I had to do was lean right and creep-crouch along the perimeter of the fireplace (first image below). You can walk or run while leaning in TDM. If holding lean while reloading, you will even spawn in a leaning position. With a standing hop, I could furthermore climb the mantelpiece. Here were two candlesticks. The ring on the bust in the southeast corner I wasn’t able to reach for Supreme. I could drop to the ground on the south side of the fireplace if placing a paper on the ground first. I managed to land a few times without getting comments from the guest, but I could never get the loot, let alone climb back up the fireplace without severe busts. I tried using rope arrows in the ceiling also, but I was even brighter doing this. The rest of the room wasn’t difficult to loot, but I had to douse the fireplace in order to reach the ring for regular Ghost (second image below).

The living quarters with Lord Edridge wasn’t hard. I could move around the room counterclockwise coming from the west. I could even mantle the fireplace and move right in front of his face (see image). Got all the loot and the Book of Rogues this way.

Only needed the master bedroom key and the pump room key from the housekeeper’s, plus the loot of course. Then circled around to the western hallway again.

The Heart
    Accessed the maintenance room behind the crates in the pump room. Replaced the floor tile and the crates hiding the key also. In the boarded up display room was a spider that could hear me in the nearby flooded section. Had to use Sam’s note again to drop from the pipe into the water. Carefully removed the bricks and entered. The room was dark, so as long as I crept slowly, I was fine. To open the cage, I had to flip a switch in the ceiling. Used the note again in order to reach it by jumping (see image). That trick quickly became my new saving grace in this mission. Used it again when dropping to the ground. Lowered the pedestal and opened it by lighting the top brazier with one of my matches. It is not against the Supreme rules to create light sources, however, you are supposed to reset everything to its original configuration, so I had to use a water arrow to put out the light afterwards. That is ok, as long as the light source wasn’t there to begin with. The spider didn’t hear this at all. Needed the note yet again to get back to ground level. Although I couldn’t close up the gate or lift back up the pedestal, I reset both switched just for good measure.

Couldn’t replace the bricks perfectly when returning to the flooded section. I did the best I could and that’s all the Supreme rules require (image below).

Went to the interrogation room next. I bumped the loud corpse out of the cage, in order to avoid alerting the outside guards. I figured that was ok for Supreme. When I played the mission the first time, the corpse had found its way out of the cage on its own, so it’s not like this result was inconceivable. After finding Sam, I had to drag him through the tunnels to the storage room. This was a bit tedious, as the hallway patrollers above could hear his bones rattling. I had to pay very close attention to the stealth stats, since I couldn’t really hear the guards’ mutterings if alerted. It was easier once I could pick him up instead of dragging him. Left him on the floor in the chapel. There was another candlestick I had to skip for Supreme in here.

Upper Floor Again
    I could now revisit the upper floor, by way of the front entrance hall. Relocked Lord Edridge’s bedroom door and looted the guest rooms to the east. No issues here really. Eleanor’s chest key was the only one in the mission that could be replaced, but when I did, I couldn’t manipulate it at all. It just stuck in place wherever I put it, even in mid-air. I managed to put it an inch or so above her neck, but couldn’t get it closer than that (image below). Yet another candlestick with the light bug had to be skipped in here for Supreme.

Andrew’s room seemed difficult at first, but didn’t prove to be. He sat on a chair with his back against the entry door. He was turned slightly to the left, but there was a pillar and some drapes in that end of the room that actually blocked his line of sight. It’s not like in Thief where enemies can see through anything made of fabric. The toughest loot item to get was a goblet inside a pot from the armoire in the northwest corner. I had to inch out from behind the nearest pillar and silently maneuver the pot out of the shelf (image below). Since enemies randomly pivot their heads, I got caught a few times before being able to replace it. Object manipulation practice is never a bad thing.

Conrad’s room was devoid of enemies, but had the final lit candlestick that needed to be skipped for Supreme. That made six in total. Cleaned Lady Helena’s chambers also on my way back through the front entrance hall. Finally I returned to Martha’s cell and rearranged her furniture back to how it was before, which the Supreme mode required. No issues there. Also left the holy healing potion to check off the optional objective.

From there I left via the underground water supply, destroying the Heart of Lone Salvation on my way. Returned to the start by way of the streets and finished the mission Supreme clean. What a ride this was!

Notes:
    - Skipped a total of six gold candlesticks worth 40 each for Supreme; in Lady Helena’s personal suite, the library, Lord Edridge’s hidden library chamber, the chapel, Eleanor’s bedroom, and Conrad’s bedroom. The flame went out once taking the loot, and although they could quickly be relit, Supreme doesn’t allow any removal of light sources.
    - Skipped a ring worth 60 in the ground floor dining hall for Supreme. The sitting guest saw me approach the bust unless I first doused the fireplace.
    - I have no idea where the damage dealt comes from. Could it be from destroying the Heart? If so, that is excused per the objective.

TO THE END WITH NOTHING

Mission is based on Eavesdropping. You are haunt and there is no light gem. The reason for that is you are fully visible everywhere, so instead of hiding in shadows, you must hide behind walls and other solid obstacles. So gameplay is a bit more realistic. You have only lockpicks, hammer and 3 haunt bombs. Also you run faster when you equip your hammer. Also you can change Mechanists into haunts with bombs, but I think it would count as too big manipulation of AI and a ghost bust. Also save of this FM is called "Ad Finem Cum Nihilum".

WORKSHOP

There is objective to destroy 4 talismans. First is in Workshop. You need to take big crate with you from Catacombs. Big crate is for taking cover from fast watcher. This means that it's impossible for it to not go into search mode couple of times (ghost bust #1). Not just that, you can drop big crate only by throwing it and that's noisy. Small bot and Mechanist will hear it (ghost bust #2). Since Mechanist is the real problem I'm changing him into haunt (ghost bust #3). He starts battle with turret and makes a lot of noise, so after destruction of talisman, summoned by bot Mechanist kills him (ghost bust #4). I hide inside big crate, which is possible if you throw crate on ground below you. Small bot returning to Workshop got stuck on big crate and when I threw big crate again to take cover, he heard that and ran away (ghost bust #5).

CEMETERY + BARRACKS

I went upstairs and opened doors to Barracks. Then I returned to Catacombs and went to Crypt, then I went towards Cemetery. There is bunch of patrollers there and one stationary guard. You must go behind him, wait for him to turn and grab rock from Cemetery. You are safe from patrollers in corner. You can't go back to Barracks the shortest way, so return to Catacombs and go through it to Barracks. By the way, with rock you move very slowly, but if you equip hammer just before grabbing rock, you will move slightly faster than without hammer. Wait for patroller to leave Barracks and throw rock at ventilator. It will explode, which is damage property (ghost bust #6). Hopefully nobody will hear it, so destroy talisman.

LAST 2 TALISMANS

Next talisman is on roof. You can't get there from 2nd floor of Cathedral as door is unfrobbable. You can't take route from lower roof near Cemetery, because stationary guard always observes this area. So take 5 crates from Crypt and go into corner under roof. Make 4 crates stack and put 1 crate on ground to help you climb the stack. When patrollers are away go into hut and destroy talisman. Sadly both archers and patrollers below will hear destruction (ghost bust #7). Hide on chest in corner and wait for enemies to calm down. When archers are away I went right and dropped on patroller below. He made 3rd alert comment, but continued his patrol like it was 1st alert, so I don't count that as a ghost bust. Now you need to strafe jump over holy water and mantle on crate. Destroying last talisman don't create any new ghost bust.

TALISMAN OF DEATH

Most of doors has closed and became unfrobbable. First get out via door from this area. You need to get back to Crypt. You can't use Barracks, because of stationary guard at Cemetery, but also because 2 Mechanists walking into door leading to Cathedral are changing their position and they can spot you. So you are forced to go through main entrance and avoid patroller. There is one patroller walking around Cathedral. Luckily crouching under wall was enough to not get spotted. Priestess was walking into another door, but she was easy to avoid. Through Catacombs I went to Church.

You must go to 2nd floor, but if you go closer to stairs, boulders will fall and make noise. There are 2 patrollers walking around Church and stationary priest at the middle between pews. Also there is 2 more patrollers walking into door leading to Barracks. I tried to make stack of crates, but place where you can use them is too close to patrollers.

You must go behind patroller on right side of pulpit while priest is looking away. Then while being on side of priest you must pray for him to turn around quickly and he must turn towards other side. He also must stay turned for long enough, because you must go through metal floor away from stairs to not trigger boulders to front door. You are safe there from priest, but not from other patroller. So again you must pray for priest to turn around quickly and go through door near other stairs. Unfortunately boulders fell when I opened door and I got immediately spotted by Mechanist (ghost bust #8). He couldn't get to me while I was on ladder and priest didn't come after me. I also overwritted my previous save, so I couldn't try this situation without getting spotted.

While on ladder you must wait for archer to turn around and go through dark passage to next tower. Boulders will block middle of passage behind you and Mechanists can run through them normally. So you need to quickly get to attic at the top of Cathedral near entrance to roof. Luckily there was no Mechanists patrolling here. At the top was Talisman of Death.

ESCAPE

Talisman of Death makes our haunt to freak out every 15 seconds. Because of that I lost 4 HP while on ladder, but I noticed that a bit later. Entrance to roof is now opened. Since I noticed my health loss, I decided that losing another 1 HP by dropping from roof will not change too much. Main entrance is patrolled by Mechanists. If you go to gate too early, then cutscene of us flying will start, but it's possible to get killed during it by Mechanist. This will fail the mission. So you must go left through metal floor, wait a bit and when he's close to turning around, quickly run forward and dodge him from left. This way he will not spot you to the end of cutscene.

STATS:

Time: 0:59:04; Souls: 0/0
    Enemies Haunted: 1
    Locks Picked: 2
    Overhead Swings: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 5

TROUBLING TRANSITIONS

Pretty easy city mission. You can't grab loot through banners, so I'm forced to skip 207 loot from behind banner in warehouse's office and hammer worth 75 from behind banner in bedroom on 2nd floor of cathedral.

STATS:

Time: 0:37:23; Loot: 4922/5674
    Pockets Picked: 1/2; Locks Picked: 5

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Skipped 282 loot in cathedral behind 2 banners as you can't frob anything through them.

WHAT'VE YOU FOUND LITTLE FLY?

Mission based on Running Interference. Lots of items to gather for puzzles and a lot of backtracking. Ghosting itself isn't too hard. You must be careful of purple mage as he's more sensitive than others and instead of 1st alert, he immediately go into search mode. I can't get past cyclop to 2nd floor, so I'm forced to make shortcut, which busts 2 small generators (ghost bust #1). Also my stat show 1 body discovered. No idea why. I only noticed that at the end of my run, but I'm sure it's not from eliminating Conjurer Mortus in portal. Maybe it's sleeping burrick or body of mage hanging on hook, but they are just inventory items, so they shouldn't be noticed by enemies. I completed 2 bonus objectives: finding body of Lord Rumford and helping trapped servant.

STATS:

Time: 1:10:48; Loot: 1884/2123
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 4
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1
    Secrets: 3/3

THE WEDDING OF LADY DARK - THEKER'S CASTLE

The most important thing is to turn off generator. To do that you must summon barkeeper, steal his key and then let him leave. He can't unlock door to bar, so he will stand in front of door. Loot basement, lock generator room and turn off generator. Then enter castle via front door. Sadly it's impossible to enter bar without freeing white rat, which KOs everyone (ghost bust #1). You need knife and sword from there, but bar is just too well visible. I can't get 24 plates (worth 240 loot together) from dining room, because dousing any of lamps on the right makes Keeper to run away. I can sneak through kitchen by dousing ceiling candle and lean for Storage key on closest woman servant. I can't douse lamp on the right as mentioned woman will run away. I can also pick up 2 bottles near guards by crouch walking along left wall.

2nd floor has only 2 rooms problematic. Mage's room - you need to douse candle and lean for key to chest. For water arrow and coin stacks you must sneak behind water elemental. Otherwise mage will immediately attack us. I'm guessing that water elemental spot us. On the other side of corridor is priests room. Opening door leads to 2nd alerting at least one of them most of the time, but it's possible to open door with just 1st alert. Then just douse candle and loot this room.

STATS:

Time: 0:19:58; Loot: 4796/5086
    Pockets Picked: 9/14; Locks Picked: 0

THE HUNT - SEARCH

Pretty easy mansion mission. First I triggered servant with Side Door key, but didn't pick his key yet. Because I'm not gonna use this door as entrance. Instead I'm entering it from house near side entrance. From window I jump to dark wall and then on balcony. Before looting Vault and Gallery I must disable alarm and also use side door to go outside for 2 stacks in sewer facility near stationary guard. He change direction of looking between looking towards street and towards door to facility. I need to picklock door ( you have time for only one lockpick before guard will turn towards facility. If he will 1st alert by seeing you, he will move a bit backwards. I prefer to avoid that. After taking bow and looting vault I'm leaving mansion through side door. Mission ends after climbing up stairs.

STATS:

Time: 0:30:29; Loot: 3590/3678
    Pockets Picked: 6/6; Locks Picked: 9

LONE ROCK OUTPOST

Very short and easy mission in outpost this time. There is bonus objective that gives 1 loot, but it requires KO-ing 3rd floor guard and putting his body in chapel. Since this activity doesn't give immediately bonus objective after KO-ing guard I'm gonna skip it.

STATS:

Time: 0:11:37; Loot: 1365/1366
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 3

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. There is bonus piece of loot (worth 1), which requires KO-ing 3rd floor guard and bringing him to the chapel.

MORNING LIGHT

Very easy lighthouse/temple mission to ghost. Lighthouse is empty and underground temple has couple of haunts, ghost and zombie. There is plenty of shadows, so there is never any troublesome situation.

STATS:

Time: 0:09:19; Loot: 2039/2039
    Locks Picked: 0

AURUMPENDO

Escape from prison mission. Most of the time is easy. I can't grab goblet (worth 75 loot) from tower, because whenever I mantle on top floor, archer attacks me even if he's looking in different direction. To get past treebeasts I must return to entrance to this area, go right of it, mantle on rocks, on top of entrance and strafe run on top of rocky wall. Then go on top of it past treebeasts. In one spot you will be forced to mantle on invisible wall above rocky wall. Past treebeasts go as far right as possible and drop into water. At worst treebeast should only 1st alert. Unfortunately, in next area are 2 burricks and one of them observe hole where we need to drop. There isn't enough shadow, so these 2 burricks will spot us (ghost bust #1).

Next is patrolling ghost. At least he should patrol, but in my ghost run he stood in place on the right, so he wasn't any problem. Read 3rd plaque to open next door. If you read this plaque 2 more times, mission will end prematurely. In ruins are 2 patrolling haunts, but in my ghost run they stood in place until I went through heavy door and reloaded game. Last obstacle are small platforms above lava and fire elemental on the left. You can avoid him by doing tough strafe jump to another platform. This way you will stay on right side of cave and fire elemental will not spot you. Rest of mission is easy.

STATS:

Time: 0:17:43; Loot: 760/890
    Pockets Picked: 2/5; Locks Picked: 4

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast