Pockets Picked - 6/8
    Locks Picked - 15
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - 1 holy water vial and 2 water arrows

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/2PFAjebrN9Y

Notes
    - The two missing pickpockets are a bug. They don't exist in the mission.

Game: Thief 2
    FM: Unbidden Guest

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 26:50
    Loot - 2991/2991
    Pockets Picked - 1/1
    Locks Picked - 10
    Consumables - 1 fire arrow

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/dyaP4WH_cXg

Game: Thief Gold
    FM: Shadow Play

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 16:38
    Loot - 2910/2910
    Pockets Picked - 3/3
    Locks Picked - 5
    Consumables - none

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/0qeT-mFQ2Q0

A SERVANT'S LIFE

MISSION 1

This is the only real mission. Not very hard to ghost as mansion is mostly empty. There are though attacks on Mr Oh Dear and they can alert other guards. Like 1st fight and fight in dining room. Go to basement at the very end. Don't go south just after battle in dining room, go there later and grab 6 pieces of loot above stationary knight. If you go immediately after fight, knight will turn around and attack you. In east wing you must skip 2 masks behind glass (worth 100). Taking them breaks glass. Go immediately to butler's room to turn off watcher. In gamble room there are 3 coins on table near guards. They create loot alert (1st alert).

I'm using outside ramp to 2nd floor.. First go right to disable watcher and grab medicine. Not much problems. After looting this area return to ramp. Go along it's left side to not make any noise when dropping on lower metal ledges. Go left while avoiding watcher to get Captain key and use lever disabling watcher. That's pretty much for this floor. You just need to loot it and then go to basement.

Go to corridor to trigger Mr Oh Dear being burned and loot 3 rooms here. After servant will run away go under stairs to 1st floor to trigger guard and servant running away from freezer. Guard will go to kitchen and stay there forever, because I let servant run away from fire earlier. If you would trigger guard first and then let servant run away from fire, guard would block path to wine cellar and barracks. Take meat dropped by servant and loot wine cellar. In barracks is another attack on Mr Oh Dear. Wait for guards to go after him and use 2 lever to turn off light. Mantle on bunk on the left and wait for guards to return. Go along left side to outside elevator. Hide on it's side behind buttons and press down switch. Elevator will start quickly going up and down, which will hurt servant, but this is necessary to open path to lower basement and it's scripted. You just need to avoid being spotted by him. That's why I hid on the side of elevator.

Lower basement is mostly empty. You will get optional objective to teach guard a lesson. For that I KO him and drop into tank. Next is path to Mr Oh Dear cell. This is the biggest problem in this mission. After dealing with servant, guard returns up and stops in front of secret passage, which must be used after freeing Mr Oh Dear. If you go behind him, you will not manage to go to corridor. If you wait for him near secret passage, he will stop near door, but he can't be nudged. So you must block his path with crates. Block path, so there will be crates going from right wall and leaving small space along left wall. When guard is blocked, save and reload, so he will stop moving. Douse 3 torches too. Go to servant. give him meat and medicine, open his cell. Now you must hurt him to trigger escape script (he runs away, opens secret passage and run to sewers). Since it's not a normal escape because of alert, I don't count that as a ghost bust. I used blackjack, servant bumped into guard and thanks to that when through gap in crates. Sneak past guard and quickly go through secret passage. Take secret purse and quickly run on raft while standing behind servant. The rest of mission is easy.

STATS:

Time: 0:43:38; Loot: 3925/4375
    Pockets Picked: 5/7; Locks Picked: 4
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 2; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 1/1

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Must skip 2 masks (100 loot) behind glass in east wing as taking them breaks glass and alert nearby guard.

MISSION 2 - WIMPYDOM SHOOTING RANGE

Shooting gallery. You must hit 11 servants and press switch. Servants only alert when hit. Since it's an objective I don't count that as a ghost bust. Also only hitting them with broadhead arrows completes objectives. Going through wooden fence fails mission. But it's possible to mantle on fence and climb on top of wooden pole. From here it's a bit easier to hit running servant who are the biggest problem. Also after hitting servant on elevator, elevator will quickly ride up and down damaging servant. After saving and loading, this servant may clone and also die (his body will fly in air. I seen 3 bodies of this servant flying above elevator. Since there is no one on elevator, elevator will stop. But because of this body discovery shows up in stats.

STATS:

Time: 0:12:37; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 137; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1
    Secrets: 0/1

MISSION 3

It's Mr Oh Dear's cell again. But there is nothing to see. Just press switch to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:00:08; Loot: 0/0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

STONE AND GLASS HOUSES

MISSION 1 - LATE PAYMENT

Rather easy city mission. You just need to avoid one light switch that malfunction and damaging turbine in Power Station. I'm visiting Jeweler as quickly as possible. There I encounter scripted cutscene and because of that I lose 5 HP. I can visit Market Building via south entrance by quickly running near guard. Also I deal with murderer by KO-ing him (excused by objective). Like I said, it's easy mission to most of the places are at least 2 entrances.

STATS:

Time: 0:44:24; Loot: 1716/1733
    Pockets Picked: 2/4; Locks Picked: 8
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 1; Damage Taken: 5; Healing Taken: 0

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

MISSION 2 - THE BURDEN OF PROOF

Loot from previous mission transfers to this. For me max loot is 2478, which means that there is 762 loot in this mission. This is prison mission and the only tricky part is crossing metal bridge with stationary archer towards stairs patrolled by another guard. I explore higher floors before returning to starting point to get to Main Entrance for Master Switch Room key.

STATS:

Time: 0:24:53; Loot: 2478/2478 (762/762)
    Pockets Picked: 10/11; Locks Picked: 1

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

MISSION 3 - THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE

Mansion mission with short visit to Serpentile Torc's house from Haunted Cathedral. Mission is the hardest to ghost, but it's not that hard. It's just a lot of Hammerites. Here it started to be annoying how long it needs for stationary guards to turn and for patrollers to restart their patrol. It's visible the most in north part of 2nd floor. Path to Upper Library is guarded by stationary Hammerite and stationary priest. Timing them is hard as they take their time to turn. It's much better to go to south part of 2nd floor via attic than wait for them to turn. Also in Gallery don't leave secret passage opened. Priest will enter secret room and go into search mode.

STATS:

Time: 0:25:33; Loot: 3018/3168
    Pockets Picked: 5/9; Locks Picked: 3

MISSION 4 - A CAREFUL PROJECT

Short part of Life of the Party is available and your target is to avoid one archer in both directions. Easy.

STATS:

Time: 0:03:13
    Pockets Picked: 0/2; Locks Picked: 0

SILENT NIGHTMARES

On 1st floor there are 5 coins behind banner. To get out from roof back to the outside quickly, I slid via left rock wall, then drop on a tree. In room with safe let sitting zombie see you. He will 1st alert and turn around. Moss floor under him, open safe and lean forward under zombie's legs to grab book. In room with lever opening exit gate I doused all torches and then I leaned forward towards lever and quickly ran away before spawned zombies will see me.

STATS:

Time: 0:19:00; Loot: 763/839
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 2

RAVEN CREEK

MISSION 1 - A SUNNY SUNDAY IN RAVEN CREEK

Daylight mission with no enemies. Just go to pub to get recognized by one of guards and mission will end.

STATS:

Time: 0:01:19; Loot: 0/0

MISSION 2 - ESCAPE FROM RAVEN CREEK

The same city but during night and with enemies. Most of the time is easy. I skip triggering objective about killing 3 snakes as I didn't find anything worth in this area. There is drunken guard blocking path into watch tower. To enter it you must run quickly along right wall, go behind guard and sneak to ladder.

Pub has patrolling woman who 1st alert to dousing candles on 1st floor. You can douse torches in basement like you wish, but if you douse candles, then this patrolling woman will 1st alert and people on 1st floor will start running away while shouting for help. To avoid that you must douse torch on stairs and then quickly run to stairs leading to 2nd floor. Returning to basement is harder. You need to strafe run to stairs leading there.

STATS:

Time: 0:47:26; Loot: 5374/6154
    Pockets Picked: 7/8; Locks Picked: 11
    Secrets: 5/5

MISSION 3 - THE HAMMERITES OF RAVEN CREEK

Pretty easy and linear mission. To get to church run along west wall. Also in this mission are snakes and they are quiet enemies. They protect only loot though. The most nasty is snake occupying house near watch tower. You need to douse all torches and candles to ghost him.

During my test run I didn't notice that there is objective to kill 4 haunts in crypt, so I was forced to returned there. 1st haunt is easy to kill. Left haunt can only be killed quietly when he's walking from bottom floor towards pool. Right haunt doesn't go far away from bottom haunt, so it's impossible to kill any of them without 2nd alerting other haunt (ghost bust #1). I killed right haunt, then waited couple of minutes for bottom haunt to calm down and then I killed him.

STATS:

Time: 0:57:46; Loot: 5520/6480
    Pockets Picked: 8/8; Locks Picked: 8
    Back Stabs: 4; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 120; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 4
    Secrets: 1/1

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

MISSION 4 - A LITTLE WALK

You can shoot bigger light mushrooms to douse them. I use that to get purse from noble talking to woman. There is house at the middle of forest. If you climb to 2nd floor, 2 guards will spawn and enter house. One of them will patrol kitchen and other will patrol big entrance room. Dousing any gas torch will keep 1st alerting them and if one will alert, then other will go into search mode because of that. So you need to observe where patroller from kitchen is. I went behind male cop to the right, hid there and observed kitchen, then I quickly ran to exit. After getting burrick egg you must hide on the side of entrance and wait for 2 spawned burricks to enter cave. I completed 3 bonus objectives for getting 1800 loot, beer for Leon and burrick egg.

STATS:

Time: 0:19:09; Loot: 2742/3152
    Pockets Picked: 4/4; Locks Picked: 0

MISSION 5 - LORD WILSON'S PARTY

One of objectives force you to KO every guard from front garden and 1st floor of main building. Another requires opening vault, but just opening isn't enough. Objective completes after you blow up vault door. For that you must first open vault door and then use dynamite. Why do you need to blow up vault door even though you can open it? I have no idea. Explosions happening in this room will not be heard by anyone. Also in case of dining room, music room and bar to enter I need to hide in doorway, close one part of door while blocking other and lean for light switch.

STATS:

Time: 1:04:33; Loot: 13799/14234
    Pockets Picked: 12/12; Locks Picked: 8
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 10
    Damage Dealt: 10; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Secrets: 5/5

RAVENSREACH

This mission has some interesting innovations. Blue flames candles get relighted couple of seconds after dousing them. Also in some areas leaning out of shadow will make you more visible. Mission is split into 3 houses. Spider house has small spiders that can go through holes in walls and they blend into ground and walls. Undead house has invisible ghosts that distorts air, so it's hard to see in what direction they are looking at. Nature house is the hardest. Mushroom guards don't only try to kill you with sword, but also shoot gas at you. Plus they are falling into ground, which may look like they got KO-ed. Don't get mistaken though as they are the same sensitive like always. Rock beasts cave is the hardest to ghost. I'm going along right wall and run from shadow to shadow and in the end I'm leaning for Earth Rune. I'm returning the shortest way in front of rock beast, because going towards him alerts him slower than running away of him.

To enter fortress I bought 2 healing potions in shop and made stack of 2 healing potions and holy water to mantle on ledge with secret purse. This is also entrance to spider house. By doing that I avoided using lever behind giant spider and riding elevator. This makes this house a bit easier as there is no spider thief on 1st floor of this house and no spider thieves spawn outside.

To get out of fortress I returned to top entrance to spider house, shot rope arrow into wooden part of roof and mantled on ledge in corner. This way you can climb to roof of spider house and get to other side of front gate. Now just return to starting point while grabbing potions from the stack.

STATS:

Time: 0:57:08; Loot: 2870/3085
    Secrets: 7/7

REUNION WITH BASSO

MISSION 1 - GARRETT TAKES A CURE

No weapons, so you must ghost this mission. Really good idea is to get cure card, which allows you to move through most places without slowing down. It's especially useful in cure area with 3 floors full of marble. Without cure card it's still easy to ghost it, but tedious as you are forced to move slowly. To get cure card you must go behind patroller to room only opened by him, because door is unfrobbable. You must skip medallion from church, because priest is going into search mode and he will start tracking you. Getting out requires using breath potion, but there is another unintended way out. Go to church, mantle on outside metal fence and mantle on church's roof, then drop on street.

STATS:

Time: 1:14:49; Loot: 2507/2800
    Pockets Picked: 11/12; Locks Picked: 10
    Secrets: 2/2

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must skip medallion from church worth 100. Priest 2nd alert to that and starts tracking you.

MISSION 2 - ON THE HAMMER'S TRACKS

First problem is hole with rope. You can't catch rope, because it immediately falls down. So you must drop on edge and try to drop on one of slopes below. You can also drop stack of fruits and fall on it. Ruins are full of gravel. Just like in cure area this makes ghosting tedious, but not hard. I visit Hammerites first. To get out of this place you must shoot fire arrow. Luckily nobody should hear explosion.

My next target is ruin with lava lake below. It's possible to jump and mantle into small cave with key without getting hurt. In room with spider walking on marble I'm forced to moss floor. Then is room with wooden plank. This plank gets destroyed while you are on it or above it. My priority is to not touch it when it breaks. I mossed floor in front of plank, then shoot vine arrow into highest point of wooden beam above passage. To grab vine I crouched under it and uncrouched to grab it, then I turned around, so plank will get destroyed while I'm on vine. This means it wasn't me who destroyed this wooden plank. Then just strafe jump over hole.

Last place is ruin with bat. Fire elemental should patrol stairs, but it got stuck between stairs and ladder. To get down I dropped stack of fruits and fell on it. Next I sneaked very slowly to ladder. Lava lake is surprisingly dark. So you just need to moss island and passage.

STATS:

Time: 0:24:49; Loot: 1580/1800
    Secrets: 3/3

MISSION 3 - REUNION WITH BASSO

Before this report will start I'm gonna talk about loot. At the beginning of mission max loot is 2755, but at the end of my test run I had max loot at 3000. I don't remember spawning any piece of loot that could increase max loot stat. At the end of my ghost run I had 2980 loot. I only skipped 2 bottles worth 20 loot together hidden behind banner. And I realized what's going on. To prevent players from frobbing loot through banners, author didn't put loot there. Instead loot spawn there after slashing banners and probably activating some secret switches. This way max loot can increase by 245 loot. Because of that I can't frob loot through banners and I must skip 2 bottles mentioned before located in watch tower.

1st part of city is pretty easy. There is conversation between guards and they will go into search mode. But this is just scripted behavior and soon after they will return to their conversation. Intended way to Lord Kaputti's Mansion is by stealing key from guard, but afterwards guard is gonna do 2 random slashes after every reload. I want to avoid that, so I found another way in. Mantle on junkyard gate and mantle on wall. Jump on metal fence above wall with mentioned guard below, go to the other end and jump on vine.

In this house there is stationary woman and patrolling noble. In my test run woman was standing right in front of window leading to Lord Kaputti's Mansion and noble was stuck in front of his room. This means I couldn't sneak into his room and steal loot. And in order to go to Lord Kaputti I would be forced to nudge woman or mantle on roof of this house and drop on balcony or return on street and stack potions to go over unfrobbable gate in order to rope up to balcony (only floor part of balcony is ropeable). In my ghost run woman was standing in noble's room and noble was patrolling, so none of them was any problem.

In Lord Kaputti's Mansion wait for guests to return to their rooms before you will enter. Then you need to quickly go to fireplace in spiders room and have luck with spiders not blocking door during their attack on 2 nobles. In this mansion I also got flowers for Jeneviere, which counts as bonus objective.

The hardest part is Damien's Mansion. After opening door, window we entered gets blocked by iron bars. I thought that I could block bars with potions, but looks like bars don't slide down or up, but rather they spawn, so it's impossible to block it. The intended way to get out forces you to slash banner (ghost bust #1) as you can't frob anything through it.

Your objective is to get shield. It's in 3 fire elementals room. There is enough shadow, so they aren't any problem. But room hurts you. My best run was losing only 1 HP. Maybe it's possible to not lose any life, I don't know. I excuse this damage from this poison air room. Plus elementals ignore Garrett's cry when getting hurt. Afterwards you must go to tower via garden. Go along left wall, so treebeast will not become alive.

The very last challenge is in mine. You need to drop into water, but there is stationary Mechanist nearby. You could probably nudge him, but I wanted to avoid that as it takes a lot of time and in mine there is loud gravel everywhere. Land is very low right above water, so I thought that mantle cancel technique will not work, but I was wrong. You can still mantle on this lowly situated ground, but it's harder. First you need to drop on edge, then drop , mantle on opposite ground and cancel mantle. The problem is that it's very easy to jump out of the edge. Luckily after couple of tries I succeeded and quietly dropped into water.

STATS:

Time: 0:49:01; Loot: 2895/3000
    Pockets Picked: 12/14; Locks Picked: 7
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 1; Healing Taken: 0
    Secrets: 6/6

SECOND CITY BANK

CITY

You must be careful about archer from balcony near starting point. If you are under balcony he can still spot you even though there balcony should block view. Next harder part is getting into rooms in warehouse. There is patrolling archer and turning guard and no shadow under doors. So you are forced to picklock door while looking at stationary guard and if you spot that he turns towards you, quickly back off to shadow (or behind pillar in case of 2nd door). You also need to avoid picking the lock if patroller is nearby stationary guard, because when one guard alerts to that, 2nd guard will hear that and go into search mode. As far as I know, this only happens when you use lockpicks. For 2nd door is harder to hide from archer. You aren't safe in shadow, so you must jump to ladder while archer is near corner of this floor.

MANSION

Mansion has secret behind banner activated by slashing it. This busts ghost, so I skip this secret. There are 4 pieces of loot. By shooting vine arrow above banner I can grab tapestry through banner. Other 3 pieces of loot are out of my reach. Because of that I skip 245 loot. There is noble's room with balcony. Noble has ability to turn on light. This ability is possible for all AI that patrols only one room. Still you can use it to do some actions while AI is returning to use light switches. This noble doesn't immediately turn on light, so I can get loot and quickly sneak out of the room.

ATTIC

Last area of city is entrance to bank. This area contains the hardest optional loot to get. Near front gate is high attic window. You need 2 vine arrows to get there. 1st vine must be shot near the pipe, the other should be shot on side part of high wooden beam as far as possible from window, so it would be possible to grab it when you are gonna return. The biggest obstacle is watcher above front gate. When it turns away you must jump from barrel on 1st vine and climb to the top. At the top watcher will only 1st alert, then jump to 2nd vine and climb to the window for 2 pieces of loot.

Getting out is even harder. You can't drop into water as gate guard will hear it. Drop on vine and descend to lower point. This means that you need to abandon this vine. When watcher looks away jump on lower vine and stay at the top. Then descend and try to jump on pipe or barrel quietly. From pipe you can grab lower vine arrow.

ENTRANCE TO BANK

Entrance to bank is from Mechanist tower. You must drop down and mantle on metal fence below. Then drop on wall and go to archer's post for Basement key and vine arrows. Return on wall and drop down. Go to basement. Here the only problem is conversation between 2 guards. Don't open door during it or guards will go into search mode. Guard from post is pretty blind, so you can easily picklock door and enter it to go to 1st floor.

BANK - FIRST FLOOR

Then you need to go right. In room with 2 safes is another patroller who can turn on light. This room is also visited by knight with Security key. Next room has light switch, but it can't be used by any patroller, so you can safely turn off light. In room with single safe, open it and sneak left to Lobby. Other than loot under counter there is also vase near double door. Between turret and column there is shadow to protect me from watcher. I used 2 moss arrows and when watcher turned away, I ran for vase and returned to shadow. From here you can visit Records. Inside are 2 statuettes in bookcases. For one of them you need to use vine arrow. Return to previous room and go along right wall towards Secure Area.

Mess Hall has woman who can turn on light. Use this fact to easily get candlestick from here. Wait in shadow in corridor for guard with Security Office key. Now return to basement to disable watcher looking at vault, then return to Secure Area. Moss floor east from fountain and use one more moss arrow to moss path towards vault. Go towards vault and douse gas torch. Then climb on top of vault door and drop healing potion in standing position (you need to look towards wall instead of looking down).

BANK - SECOND FLOOR

Not much to do here. Go to corridor leading to Secure Area, leave door opened and douse gas torch, then use 3 moss arrows to moss marble floor leading to Secure Area. This will be useful later. Go to corridor with 2 watchers and quickly run to shadow under guard post's door. Inside is panel disabling watcher. Douse gas torch. Unfortunately patrolling archer has ability to relight it. Sneak to 2nd guard post and disable 2nd watcher. Go south to stairs to 3rd floor.

BANK - THIRD FLOOR

Here is watcher in corner of bar. I doused gas torch to observe it's movements. Then run behind counter and grab purple box. Since I don't want to worry about this watcher, I decided to go back to 2nd floor to terrace above Hall of Wonders. Rope up to wooden beam and then to window. Go right. Here is partially dark corridor, watcher, patroller and turning guard from post. Go to guard post and douse gas torch, then disable watcher. Wait for stationary guard to look towards bunks and progress through corridor. I'm leaving Manager's Office through secret passage behind bookcase and return to 3rd floor window. Go to Security Office and leave door opened.

RACE TO VAULT

After pressing switch you will have 30 seconds before Vault door will close. It's tight time limit even for normal playthroughs. Here you need to have luck with patrollers not getting in your way. My target is fountain in Secure Area, but i can't really use 3rd floor to get there. If you go shortest way to lobby watcher from bar will spot you. Plus corridor after lobby has well lightened middle and is observed by stationary guard. You can't really drop to 1st floor, because it's the most populated floor and has a lot of marble. So I need to go to 2nd floor.

To do it you need to drop on lower bookcase and mantle on it. It's very difficult to do. My method is to first let archer pass, then run left and jump on corner of wooden fence. From here drop on angle towards lower bookcase and mantle on it. Here I noticed to patrolling archers. Luckily bookcase has good shadow. I wasted couple of seconds for waiting, mantled on 2nd floor and strafe ran along right wall. Then strafe jump to carpet and on moss and then another difficult jump. So I decided to avoid splashing water as it's noisy and could alert patrollers. So my method was to strafe jump on marble fence and immediately strafe jump again to land on top part of fountain, continue strafe run on lower stone part of fountain and on moss.

Here I noticed that vault door is closing, but it stopped. So what heppened is related to leaving healing potion on top of vault door. Healing potion stopped vault door, but this door has superior strength, so it's gonna continue closing. But thanks to that I have extra couple of seconds to enter vault. And that's what I'm doing. Because of doused gas torch vault watchers can't spot me. To my big surprise I managed to do all that on my first attempt without any reloads.

VAULT

First I wait for outside patroller to go away, then I shot switch with water arrow, so ladder can descends. Watchers move at different speed (left watcher is slower). This allow me time both watchers and run along right wall from shadow to shadow and at the end jump on ladder (I couldn't grab it from ground). 2nd floor is easier as you only need to worry about one watcher.

LEAVING BANK

When you return outside you have 2 routes: through canal or via wall. Canal route is noisy and can be heard by guards, so I avoid that. Instead I'm going to archer's post and drop on wall. Go to it's end, but be careful of front gate watcher, it can spot you running on wall. Mantle on metal fence and drop on patroller below.

STATS:

Time: 1:51:12; Loot: 5585/6112
    Pockets Picked: 2/3; Locks Picked: 19
    Secrets: 9/10

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must skip 245 loot behind secret banner in mansion.

A SORROWFUL FAREWELL

BEGINNING

I start by dousing torch near well and near further away door plus 2 torches above wooden stairs. Go to window near stairs. Here is patroller. You need to go into room with stationary Mechanist and open door to cell. Stationary guard turns pretty quickly, so it may be difficult to quickly enter cell. Take Mechanist key from there. Then return outside and enter door.

Wait for servant to enter kitchen and go upstairs. Go right to top floor while walking behind patroller, read 2 notes near door and gate to get new objectives and dodge guard from right. Return downstairs and go left. Here is patroller and watcher, but you are safe in doorways. Loot all 3 rooms and take Armory key from under bed in last room. Return outside and mantle into window again. Take water arrows, moss arrows and 2 flares from armory. Enter door and go to generator room. Here is exposed wire. While engineer looks away throw flare into it to cut power. Return to upstairs gate and open it. Read scroll, take Guards Room key and 2 coded messages. Return outside and go to wooden stairs. When patroller is walking down mantle on higher stairs and go to door.

MONASTERY

This part of mission is much easier. Unlock big gates with lever and when you go to this tunnel douse 2 torches from there. Also one thing, don't douse torches or open/close doors when 2 guards are close to each other, because it will lead to search mode. I'm skipping for now 2 coins between pews in church, because priest will see us. I will return for them later.

My first target is to get rope arrows from barracks. There are 3 patrollers there. I went inside via right door. Now I'm going to ruined chapel. Mechanist walks into wooden beam and he's stuck there, so I can't go to top of chapel from here. I mossed cart to get to right tower for Silver Serpent. To get to top of chapel you can rope up to roof by shooting into wooden part of it (snow on roof acts as stone). On roof you have access to Gold Serpent and 2 windows to monks bedrooms (you get Ether and Gargoyle Statue from there) and to library (this is entrance to top of tower and maze).

Mantling into window leading to library may be tricky. Since under window is metal desk, moss it and go to metal door. Leave it open (this is very useful for last part of mission where fast statues will become alive). Go to top. Here you must time watcher and blindly time spider bot. Go to roof and go behind patroller to entrance closer to priest to steal his gear. Next go to next entrance and steal Gonkulator to sabotage antenna. To go down faster you can drop to top of lower south roof. From there you can spot wooden stairs. Shoot rope arrow into it and try to catch it.

Return to gear door. On my way I noticed that some doors can disappear and servant from kitchen is stuck walking into closed door. Inside gear room is Code Book. Now read 2 decoded messages and return to Guards Room. There is hole in ceiling in room with sleeping novice. Take Dead Monk's key from there. Go to attic at the end of this building. Stand on red spot and strafe run to painting for Bronze Serpent, which will change into Trinity. Return to library and go to maze. Unlock door and get Guiding Hand. With it's help you find glyph opening upper floor of maze. Place Gargoyle Statue on empty pedestal.

MONKS ATTACK

Placing Gargoyle Statue on pedestal summons undead monks and they are gonna fight with Mechanists. Since this is one of events necessary to complete later objective with finding use of artifact I don't count that as a ghost bust for initializing fights, Also red fog doors are now open. Monks are gonna destroy most of Mechanists. They are only gonna lose on top floor of monastery and at starting point. Because of these fight I will have Body Discovery stat.

Go to top floor and drop on south roof, then drop outside to get to house with tombs. Here is Holy Ash. Go to church and collect 2 coins between pews. Go to cloister, but look out, monks can enter guards area from there. Go to 1st left room, douse torch, read book and take Life Crystal from chest. Walk behind monks to 1st right room. Go left and use code to get Strange Object. Go right and read plaque, then use Strange Object, Holy Ash, Ether and lastly flare on candle to complete another objective.

Return to right tower in ruined chapel and use glyphs to open hatch. Take Candle. Since I wanted to skip journey to past I decided to use Artifact on pedestal now. Unfortunately this doesn't complete any objective yet, so I'm gonna be forced to get there later. As to how to get to pedestal, near left side is invisible bridge leading to almost the end, then you can just jump and mantle on metal railing and go to pedestal.

LIVING STATUES ATTACK

Living statues are alive and they are gonna help monks to destroy Mechanists. You were teleported to top of tower in ruined chapel. Drop on lower roof and go to opposite building. Since I didn't revive Valfar yet, I will just see words, but there will be no one talking. He will open path in maze. Here I noticed that despite using Artifact on pedestal my objective of finding use of it isn't completed. So I placed Candle on plate and used Life Crystal on skeleton, then read Valfar's note. Now my objective regarding using Artifact on pedestal is completed, while objective of finding use of Artifact vanished. I did it a bit out of order, but at least avoided going back and forth once. Unfortunately my going back path is blocked by portal leading to the past.

Why I wanted to avoid journey to the past? Because you and enemies move twice slower. There is fight between undead monk and 2 Mechanists. They move twice slower than normally. Since monk is spellcaster, he's backing off closer towards Staff of Light. If you get too close near them, they will attack you. You can't douse torches either, because you don't have any equipment. This would require a lot of waiting. So I tried to rush it and go along left wall to quickly grab Staff of Light before enemies will get too close to it and then jump into portal. To my surprise this approach worked.

Rope up to roof and go to library. In my test run this area was very hard to ghost, because living statues are very fast. But with monks it's actually easier to get to staircase as monks blocks path of living statues and slow them down. From maze get Well key and go to roof. Once again drop on roof and use rope arrow to return to starting point. Unlock passage in well, then use Guiding Hand to find glyph at the bottom of wooden stairs (you get more visible, so do it when living statues are away). Use glyph to find last secret. This teleported you to toilet near armory, so return to well through window and quietly jump into tunnel.

STATS:

Time: 1:18:03; Loot: 4317/4997
    Pockets Picked: 7/8; Locks Picked: 4
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 7
    Secrets: 10/10

THE SUFFER CATALYST

CAVE

Go left to undead area, loot it and pickup 4 holy water arrows from chest. In area with torc, skeleton can get stuck, but there is very good shadow in tunnel. You are safe from all patrollers here. There is also water, but dropping it's impossible to drop into it quietly. So you must go back to starting point. You must go via right path, but spider can spot you. I found out that quick strafe run into tunnel will avoid 2nd alert from spider. Next are 2 spiders near water. You can safely enter small cave and nudge green spider closer to small spider, then drop on edge near water and do mantle cancel to drop quietly into water.

You are entering Hammerites territory. Garrett is correct - this area is hard to stay undetected. You must extinguish light mushroom in church, but you can just go frob it (novice will spot you), you don't have any arrows either. I can't douse torch with holy water arrow, because it alerts nearby AI. From previous missions I learned that falling on light mushrooms from very high will also douse them. I can't do that, but maybe if I throw item at it, light mushroom will vanish. The only throwable item I have are 4 flares. So hide behind wooden beam and throw flare into mushroom. Then sneak into tunnel, go on beds and douse another light mushroom in cave with tools. Let patroller pass and go along right wall. When stationary Hammerite will turn away, slowly sneak into portal.

SHELTER

You need Front Door key, which is located in SW cave. There is small spider and he can't be ghosted, so just run past it (ghost bust #1). Go behind zombie and take key from body. Return to shadow. Spider is turned in different direction, so I don't score 2nd alert from him. Shelter itself is easy. Just go closer to zombies, so they will dissappear or explode. Then douse torch at the entrance. Get Suffer Catalyst. This summons undead. Go downstairs. On stairs you can hide on windows. Sneak to crypt.

CRYPT

Lots of undead, but it's pretty easy to ghost. In King Azrael's Tomb I doused torch, then took crown. It spawns king Azrael (though on my first try he didn't spawn until later I reloaded game) and he's very sensitive to footsteps. Mantle on sarcophagus and slowly sneak to gap between sarcophagi, so you will manage to crouch. Descend on floor and slowly leave.

Next area has a lot of patrolling skeletons. They can randomly stuck on sarcophagus at the entrance to this area. On my test run skeleton got stuck while walking towards sarcophagus and was looking towards entrance. It was impossible to ghost him. On my ghost run skeleton also got stuck on this sarcophagus, but he was stuck on it's left side while walking right. So i could only sneak into left corridor. At the end of it was another stuck skeleton, but there was a lot of shadow, so it was easy to sneak past him. Drop into hole.

ESCAPE

Get out of lava and swim to hammer statue. Try to get teleported back to Hammerites without making any noise. There is zombie attack happening and you will need to quickly avoid novice and try to not get spotted by him. If you will have luck undead will destroy all Hammerites except this novice, so you will need to wait for him to calm down and sneak to church. Here novice was killed and you only need to avoid zombie. Water exit is patrolled by 2 zombies. Sneak to water and jump there when zombies are far away. Go to exit from water with stationary zombie. When he's turned left mantle up and run to shadow. Here is stationary zombie and newly spawned patrolling zombie. He's easy to dodge, so just get back to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 0:35:02; Loot: 2200/2710
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 2

Game: Thief 1
    FM: Gems of Provenance, Mission 1: The Valley of the Burned

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Failed
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:05:45
    Loot - 2765/2765
    Pockets Picked - None
    Locks Picked - None
    Consumables - None

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    As the winner of the Thief Ambience Competition, Skacky chose the first mission in this campaign as my next endeavor. Classic Dark Project vibes make this a huge hit among fans of the first game, myself included. Although simplistic in appearance, the gameplay is clever and unorthodox. Its linearity prevents it from getting the highest marks, but still a very solid mission overall.

My ultimate goal was to steal a gemstone named The Widow’s Ire. In this mission, however, my task was to find Lady Gullus’ mansion entrance beyond a pump station. On my way there, Limlun also wanted me to pick up the mask of high priest Callone from some underground catacombs.

Pump Station
    Marbleman already has a very nice report written for this campaign, so I won’t be as thorough as usual. Upon entering the pump station, two guards interacted to get the elevator going. A patrolling swordsman called for his friend who operated the button. I rode the lift up with him behind his back. The first time I tried it, the swordsman ended up facing north, leaving me with no opportunity to reach the pump station unseen. But every other attempt after that he stayed facing southwest towards his friend (image below). Apparently, he was supposed to continue patrolling into the pump station, but I never saw him do this. Regardless, no bust of any kind.

Cleaned the barracks without issues. Marbleman reported not being able to enter the captain’s quarters without waking him up. I’m not sure why, but he stayed asleep every time for me. This was good, because I needed the hatch key to get two extra loot pieces. I tested if it could be returned also, and sure enough, the captain stayed asleep. The hatch by the main entrance provided access to an underground machine room. The setup down here was odd. A semi-hidden lever started an alarm of sorts, triggering an upstairs guard to come down to check. This was a scripted response, so it shouldn’t be a bust. The other patrolling swordsman never said a word and didn’t alert to the other guard running past him, so it was clear that nobody was actually alerted. I had to do this in order to get back upstairs. There was no way I could get back up the hatch from the flooded cave, and the guard that came down to check the machines was staring straight at the lit up staircase before triggering this event.

The other problem was getting back into the main foyer safely. If I timed the alarm perfectly, I could run upstairs just as the normal patroller came down, maximizing the time I had upstairs before he returned. I could now grab the purse from the footlocker by the stationary guard up above and focus my attention on getting out through the door (image above). If creeping close to the north end of the doorway, the swordsman sometimes gave a first alert and sometimes not. If I crept too slowly, he usually commented, so I had to give it a bit more speed than anticipated. The archer in the cage had to face north until I got out the doorway and could hide behind the door itself. This was the only place that kept me concealed from the patrolling guard who came back and left again. Now I could sneak over the metal fence and return the hatch key to the barracks. Then I headed north, behind the pivoting archer’s back. I could creep-crouch along the western wall unnoticed as long as the aforesaid archer faced east (image below).

The next room was easy; just waiting for the guards having a chat to finish. I couldn’t use the water tank to leave, as the stationary guard heard the splash. I wouldn’t have been able to make the swim without taking damage or using a potion either. Went through the burrick cave instead, picking up a rope arrow along the way. I could drop onto the edge of a stony fence below in the southwest corner (image below). Had to time another archer below to do it alert free.

Garden & Caves
    With the rope arrow, the garden wasn’t that difficult. I went straight for the storage room and got the loot there. The only tough part was dropping from the stack of crates down to the ground without the small spider on the other side seeing me. If I inched off the egde slowly, it didn’t give any remark. Used the secret passage on the plateau with the patrolling archer to get to the Moon Tier Garden (first image below). Couldn’t pass the stationary guard here without a first alert. Ended up using a rope arrow to his right and drop down from above. Funny to read that marbleman had exactly the same solution. From this corner I could time the other patrolling guard and rush up the stairs (second image below).

The seminary and the first set of caves posed no problems whatsoever. When I got to the coal mines, I encountered an unexpected problem. In a few areas, mining carts would start rolling through the cave as I passed an invisible trigger. I’m not sure if these would be counted as traps or not. All of them could be avoided except for one, if I wanted a silver nugget down the end of a long stretch of rail (image below). It was strange because once I entered this tunnel, the mining cart started rolling on the track below, without the possibility of hurting me. It stopped almost directly underneath the path I was on. I could trigger this cart in a different area as well, where it could hit me if I didn’t get out of the way. I counted this as just a scripted event and not a trap like the ones the rule prevents. It compares more to falling debris from a cave ceiling, which I would always want to avoid triggering, but wouldn’t count as a bust. I think the traps the rules are referring to are those created by someone intelligent and involves a mechanical or magical contraption. These carts just added environmental ambience more than antyhing else. If you disagree, the nugget here is an easy skip.

In order to avoid a second cart from triggering, I had to use a rope into the wooden frame of a tunnel on a higher level (image below). It was on the south wall of the largest cave in this area. I could just reach the base of the rope from the bottom track.

Heretic’s Hollow
    Once I reached the “arena”, I needed the survivors of the burrick-spirit fight to face away from the southern exit. Both the flaming spirits won and they ended up in the burrick cave staring in the opposite direction (image below). I guess I got lucky. Getting through the lowering door panel to the tomb with all the urns required some hopping, but I went back and checked if the flaming spirits had alerted. They were completely at rest, so this was a safe method.

In the crematorium the major annoyance was that the patrolling zombies would alert to the outside fire elemental. A few times they got into a massive fight, with one of the zombies blowing up, putting the other zombies on high alert. It was highly beneficial if they only kept to first alert growls. At the end of this house I had to dodge an apparition patrolling a tiled set of stairs. I found a tiny spot along the left side that gave me perfect cover (image below).

Now I entered what was actually called The Valley of the Burned. I had no issues until I got to an open column with a bunch of statue inside. Some of the statues would move across the room if I got too close or crossed an invisible trigger line. At first I thought these were traps, but soon realized that they don’t hurt you. At least I wasn’t able to take damage from them, even if I tried. A prerequisite of something being considered a trap would be causing harm, and since that wasn’t the case here, I deemed these just like a sliding door or panel from entering a room. I’d actually argue the aforementioned mining carts to be more of a trap than these statues. I thus climbed the central column and got some loot on the top floor. However, I couldn’t leave through the sliding doors here, as a patrolling hammerite zombie first alerted to them on the outside. Even at the point of his route farthest away from the doors, he alerted. Luckily, I could go back down and ascend to the top floor from the outside, using a rope into the ceiling beam (image below).

The last room held the mask of Callone and the crypt exit key. No issues there. I reappeared in the garden, right by the keep entrance. However, Supreme requires you to return the key, so I lock-blocked the keep door and went back through the compound and the caves exactly like before to return it. I could have returned back through the caves before reaching Heretic’s Hollow, but that required using an arrow to ascend an elevator, and I don’t like using consumables unnecessarily. Instead I took the loop all the way around a second time and emerged yet again at the keep entrance. Now I could return the crypt key and the compound key, before finally entering the keep and locking the door behind me.

The Keep
    Dodged the haunt heading up the stairs, but was not able to avoid triggering the traps in the hallways (image above). I saw there was a gap on top of the wall above the trap holes, but there wasn’t enough room to mantle over. I’d have to stack objects to get up there anyway, and then those items would have to be returned for Supreme. I managed to time the haunt’s patrol route so it didn’t alert to the arrow sounds at least. From there, finishing the mission was straight forward. Really looking forward to the rest of this campaign!

Notes
    - Got a first alert from the stationary swordsman in the Moon Tier Garden when running up the stairs. Supreme bust.
    - Triggered 5 arrow traps and 1 fireball trap in the top floor hallways of the keep. Unavoidable and Supreme busts.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

FALLING, IN LOVE

Short city mission with only 3 enemies at the very beginning. You must safely descend to the bottom with 1 HP. Pretty easy mission. You can only get full loot during regular ghost run. Supreme ghost requires beating mission in less than 1 minute, so there is really no time to gather loot. Instead you must drop down and mantle on ledges. I died so many times especially at the beginning of mission, but eventually succeeded.

1) GHOST STATS:

Time: 0:15:00; Loot: 100/100
    Locks Picked: 0

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

2) SUPREME GHOST STATS:

Time: 0:00:34; Loot: 0/100

SUPREME GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT SUPREME: IMPOSSIBLE. There is no time to gather any loot.

THE FOUR EMPERORS

Pretty easy ruins mission. Fire elementals at the beginning are sensitive and can spot you even if you hide in corners of rooms they patrol. Air elementals at the end don't see or hear you, but they have tracking ability, so be careful to not get stuck with them in small room with body. At the end of mission there is escape part in bridge room. The intended way is to make bridges to fall, but you can avoid that by mantling on waterfalls and then doing strafe jump with mantle on next platform.

STATS:

Time: 0:20:16; Loot: 3280/3430

THE TOMB OF ST. TENNOR

PART 1

Another easy mission to ghost. The only problem would be to find secret explosive charge as you need to find 3 mysterious keys. Key from west tower is pretty easy to find. Key from above front entrance is a bit harder. You need to mantle on outside right statue and mantle on roof, go to hole in window, crouch and strafe jump on chandelier. From there jump towards key and grab it. You should safely slide down. Last key is at the top of north mountains. After visit in armory take 3 crates from there through hole on 2nd floor of workshop. You need first crate to get to roof, then on it do stack of 2 crates and do tricky strafe jump to angle line between textures of mountains. This will lead you to the top.

STATS:

Time: 0:44:58; Loot: 2738/3000

PART 2

Again ghosting isn't very challenging, but you will be acrobatic to get some loot. Sometimes you will need to strafe jump on small ledge and strafe jump out of it. In Alarus Tomb and Midas Tomb there are vases that require you to mantle on ledge by leaning to the side while you are below of it. This trick doesn't work very well in Thief 2, but in Thief 1 it's easy. Near Brennan Tomb there is vase on sarcophagus. You need to jump to ladder and to drop safely down you must drop couple of potions down below. Also I'm skipping Bow Upgrade in Alarus Tomb as it requires blowing up 2 double doors.

Lost City is the hardest place to ghost, because fire elementals lights up surrounding them area. Especially temple is hard and 3 floating around elementals protect Sky Gem. Around this gem is no shadow, so you must time elementals when they fly away. Also to get to SE tower you must shoot rope arrow into yellow line above tower.

STATS:

Time: 1:30:01; Loot: 5140/5700

THE REVENGE OF LT. HAGEN

We play as Lt. Hagen and he doesn't need loot. Instead he gathers Popularity, which is split into Innocence, Influence and Honor. Also secrets stat only appears in total stats. Mission is fairly easy to ghost most of the time, but there are parts that fails ghost. At the beginning we must escape cell. After conversation you must pick up bread - it vanishes and we get square lockpick. Plus we hear swallowing sound, but I didn't really manually eat this bread, so I don't call it chemical run yet. Opening cell will KO guard, but door usually goes through AI, so I believe it that this KO is scripted. Plus opening cell completes objective of escaping it. Also don't grab broadhead arrows before taking bow. Otherwise you will not manage to use them.

Eventually you will get objective to kill 7 rogues. Not everyone is available from beginning. Bogdan is servant running between room with poison and mess hall. He's easy to kill. Zelir from basement is also easy, but Alonso is problematic. He's in office on 2nd floor with another cop. You must douse 2 gas torches in corridor, then hide in doorway and lean right to turn off light. You must KO him, which unfortunately 2nd alerts other cop (ghost bust #1), then quickly run along wall and jump on table. When you can grab body and take him to 3rd floor to execute Alonso.

This spawns Melinda in courtyard and again she's easy to kill. Logan though is much harder. He's in bar outside of Shoalsgate and intended way to him is well guarded. So instead go to outside area through training room and go right. There is gap in metal fence, which will allow you to mantle on metal wall. Go left and drop into water. Go to bar. You can't attack Logan here as it will alert all customers. Instead use his bottle on his goblet, break chair (it's still a ghost bust #2, but at least you avoid alerts) and bump into him. He will go to machinery room. Don't save game as loading will force him to return to bar. You must KO him when he try to enter machinery. If you wait too long Logan will vanish. You also need to worry about homeless guy walking outside bar - he can spot you attacking Logan. Drop potion or fruit to block door from closing (they become unlocked only after Logan will vanish, but his disappearance not allow us to kill him and complete objective). Take him to the end of room and kill him.

To return into Shoalsgate mantle on cistern and jump to wall. Go left to entrance you used to enter Shoalsgate. Also it's good if you left couple of doors open. Here in alarm control room is Sammy. He also must be killed. If you get too close he will run away and he's very fast. When he will stop, he will set up bombs to blow up and it's impossible to disarm them all in short time. So just shoot gas arrow into him and drown him.

Next Malcolm on 3rd floor spawns. It's easy to kill him, but before doing that take his key and return to abandoned house. Take blue book, which increase your popularity and meet with Garrett. Afterwards you can kill Malcolm, but beware as after death he will stand up and start running (ghost bust #3). Even though this is a glitch I will still count that as a ghost bust. You need to quickly back off after killing him. And because there is no escape objective, mission will end.

I skipped one of secrets in records as it requires to break bookcase and there is nothing on the other side. There is also secret in basement, which requires falling into water to squeeze into underwater tunnel. This is another way to 1st floor, which is useless as normal way is much easier.

STATS:

Time: 1:02:23; Loot: 1582/1812
    Pockets Picked: 7/8; Locks Picked: 3
    Back Stabs: 9; Knock Outs: 4
    Damage Dealt: 169; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 7
    Secrets: 2/3

THE RISE OF THE MECHANISTS

MISSION 1 - MECHANIST TRIBULATION

At the beginning of mission you get suggestion to read your notes. Don't do it! They aren't necessary to progress and they give 3 objectives that bust ghost. 1st objective is about getting syringe and use it to destroy frogbeast egg. For syringe you need 1 invisibility potion and then you need 1 invisibility potion to enter animal area with frogbeast egg. Destruction of 5 enhancers is quite easy, but you need to drop them while staying in poisoned area. Last objective is about destroying 2 pipes under glass in lab rooms with timed bombs. Both bombs can kill AI close to glass, alert nearby enemies and for entering lab in abandoned building you need to use 2 invisibility potions to sneak in front of treebeast or free beasts to fight (initializing fight is a ghost bust too) and pray for treebeast to die. In the whole mission you can only get 2 invisibility potions and you need one of them to get Enhancer Prototype.

Luckily there is no penalty for skipping these objectives. At the beginning you must descend on ladder, take moss arrows, climb back up and moss grate at the bottom of ladder. Sewers are easy to ghost, but then you enter lab and you must run under watcher. Then you must time it and patroller away. Go right and use lever through vent's grate to disable watcher. Go to left room and use code. 6 glass shields will shatter and there is no way to prevent it (ghost bust #1). Take only Regenaration Canister as you don't need 5 enhancers.

Then you must time futuristic camera (it's completely silent, so you must watch carefully) and patroller to go through right lab. Moss the floor in it. Then go into right corner at the end of corridor and crouch. You are safe from camera, but not from patroller. Quickly grab grate and place it on moss. Hide in lab and again time camera and patroller to get into vent and disable watcher from next area. Drop next grate under watcher. Here is patroller to dodge. In last room take key from Mechanist and loot, then return to sewers.

Open 2 hatches. Now you need to nudge stationary Mechanist to one of side rooms. I prefer left room as there is shadow in corridor close to it. Take key from flooded room, unlock next door and close it. Hide in right room as 3 engineers will start patrolling between bunk room and generator room. Let them pass and go forward. Rest of sewers is easy. Disabling generator will make alrm noise, but only in this room and nobody enters it. Abandoned building is also easy, you just need to worry about small metal tiles in doorways. Also you will find here invisibility potion and 2nd generator to disable. Factory room is poisoned and in order to loot 2nd floor above entrance you will need to take some damage. I lost 5 HP because of it. Return to lab at the beginning of mission.

Go all the way to last patroller. You must open 2nd door in right lab, use invisibility potion and run for Enhancer Prototype. Here is also invisibility potion on shelf. On opposite shelf there are glasses (worth 50), but I didn't want to use 2nd invisibility potion for that. You must quickly leave this lab and hide in last room before patroller will turn around and spot you. Now just return to well at the end of sewers and go to London Town to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:51:09; Loot: 4155/4565
    Pockets Picked: 2/0; Locks Picked: 1
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 5; Healing Taken: 0

MISSION 2 - HOMEWARD BOUND

City mission, which is much easier to ghost than previous mission. To get Julia's documents you need to go behind patroller to 3rd gate, mantle on roof of small hut, jump on wall, go to 2nd gate and drop on top of stairs near gate. On 2nd floor of house is patrolling woman and 2nd room has guy who wakes up when you open door. You must open this door, but not enter. Wait for him to turn towards chest. To open chest I mantled on bed and slightly nudged guy forward, then dropped down and tried to highlight chest from left side of guy. To get out from this place I mantled on windowsill of small hut, then went a bit back and when I was starting to fall, I quickly hold jump to mantle on roof. In next garden is purse. Then I repeated climb on another hut, mantled on ledge and dropped on top of stairs near unfrobbable door.

In next area is patrolling cop and Mechanist who looks like he's in search mode, but he's not. Time them to go on left roof and turn off victrola. In house on 2nd floor approach bedroom only through next room to not wake up anyone. First I go straight and douse every torch in passage. In next area are patrolling guard and 2 patrolling Mechanists. Guard is faster then Mechanists. I mantled on metal fences to visit 2 small gardens for loot and turn off victrola, then return to crossroad and go right.

I waited with talking to my contact on marketplace and went to Macado. His objective was easy. I only had problem with remembering to take key from him and later to complete his objective. Because of that I needed to return to him twice from further locations. Contact is more problematic. He gives us our hotel room key. In my test run this key had tendency to vanish from my inventory and return to marketplace. That's why I thought that I need to ironman my path to hotel and it's the hardest place to ghost with mentioned before 3 patrollers. Luckily in my ghost run this problem didn't occur. Maybe what created this problem was interacting with this NPC after completing his objective and after reload. To get to hotel I needed to sneak from shadow to shadow along right wall and I needed to wait for 3 patrollers to go in the same direction.

STATS:

Time: 0:43:07; Loot: 7700/7885
    Pockets Picked: 3/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Secrets: 0/1

ROWENA'S CURSE

OLD BARRACKS

You start mission by falling and crashing crate. Except crate is destroyed before landing on it and we only here sound of crashing. Interestingly this sound returns whenever we reload game and we are close. And since I don't have control over Garrett yet, I'm gonna excuse this situation as not a ghost bust. Take lockpicks and read letter. Go down and gather 5 water arrows. You enter Old Barracks. Picklock door, but be careful patrolling corridor guard can hear it and go into search mode. After opening door you must nudge stationary guard in front of it a bit forward to the left. I'm skipping 3 water arrows from toilet, because of this guard. While nudging you must worry about 2 guards patrolling toilet and corridor. Go to spider room and mantle on bunks. Drop in corner above chest and open it. Then return the same way. The rest of this area is easy.

SOUTH WEST AREA

Courtyard is visited by patroller from Old Barracks and by guards walking through Mess Hall. Visit Barker's Apartment for moss arrows and loot. Then go through Mess Hall north to small courtyard. On middle beam is secret lever. Go to kitchen, which is 1st real challenge. You can enter Kitchen only from here. Go into NW corner. Kitchen is visited by woman servant walking between this room and Mess Hall and 2 guards walking through it to Basement. Inside kitchen is cook who's not a problem and turning guard who is main problem. He looks towards cook or towards door, but towards door he only looks for couple of seconds.

When guard will turn towards door, jump on table, try to crouch and drop into shadow on the other side of table. Wait for woman servant to leave and for guard to turn. You can't grab all loot in one turn. First go for purple box and goblet and return to shadow. 2nd round should be for grabbing water arrow and goblet from sink. 3rd for bottle behind green bottles. 4th round I use for grabbing 3 healing fruits. Then return the same way you came outside and go to Maid's Room for secret switch in corner. In Cook's Room is another secret switch in wardrobe leading to Basement.

BASEMENT

First use ladder to grab 3 coins in from small room. Return to Basement. There is guard patrolling cisterns room. Just walk in shadow behind cisterns. Visit NE room for Silas' key from purple guard. Here is also ramp leading to Inner Courtyard. I will go there soon. Go to generator room for secret lever behind right generator. Passage leads to 1st floor, but I'm not gonna use this route. Go to Wine Cellar for purse between barrels, then return to Old Barracks to open Silas's stash with loot. Maybe too early, but I don't want to forget about it. Go to Inner Courtyard.

FIRST FLOOR

Couple of patroller walk here and you have couple of places to visit. First go to Dining and Sitting Rooms for loot. Then visit Wilson's Room to grab White Room key and read book, which force you to not kill Lieutenant Wilson. Go to Storeroom for tiny ring hidden near overturned armchair. Then go to SE corridor near central stairs. It's visited by 2 guards, so be careful. You can go along wall to small room with purse and metal helmet guard will only 1st alert. Go behind these 2 guard to grab 2 purses and climb to 2nd floor.

SECOND FLOOR

2nd floor is much easier to ghost. Go to south balcony for purse. Loot also Blue and Yellow Rooms and open passage to undergrounds for later. Go to White Room and also unlock entrance to undergrounds. Under pillow is Lady Isabella's Diary, which gives Chapel key. On central terrace on the side of SW window is another secret lever. Time to go to Chapel. I'm going there from direction of central stairs.

CHAPEL

This part of the mission starts to be a bit of going back and forth. Corridor to Chapel is patrolled by 1 guard. Go behind him and dodge him. In Chapel is Red Room key on 3rd right window and 2 sticks on altar. Later you are gonna enter Sacristy via Dungeon, so in order to not get spotted by stationary guard you must nudge him forward closer to right door. Also it's a good idea to moss marble floor. It doesn't help that this room is visited by archer every 30 seconds, so you have small amount of time for nudging. Also you need to be careful to not block archer's path or it will be impossible to leave Sacristy in the future. Go to 2nd floor to Red Room, but be careful, inside is Lady Lucrethia and she can look towards door or in opposite direction. She has Garden key. Loot this room and use hook to open passage to undergrounds and outside. Go outside.

EAST AREA

Here is stationary guard who turns. Unlock east door and go behind stairs. Under window is secret switch. You must blindly wait for door guard to turn east, then mantle on top of stairs, grab his purse and candlestick above door. Return to previous stationary guard. Since accident area is observed by archer and well lighten I need to mantle on wall. Open door, mantle on it, then on wall above it and on outer wall. Go north, drop on lower wall and on bench. Go to chasm.

CHASM

Behind you will happen explosion and boulder will block your escape route. No idea if anyone alerts to that, but this is invisible trigger, so it's not a ghost bust. Gate of Hell is locked and it will stay locked until the end of mission. Go along left wall to get urn behind green spider. Use skull and stand on pressure tile. Take from behind left boulder skull. Put skull and 3 fruits on pressure tile. Now you can loot it and use 2 levers to unlock your path to Holy Sword. It requires 4 elemental keys though. Exit skull path. Also take 3 fruits with you. Go along right wall to dodge 2 spiders, then climb ladder to Rowena's Room. Here you will get key for this room and Library key. Go there.

LIBRARY

On middle bookcase is book switch for scroll. Go on 2nd floor. Here is sleeping Barker. Read book, climb desk, press switch and quietly drop on floor. From next room take 2 keys from safe and read book. Continue to appear above Chapel. Grab from chest Well Room key. Now you need to go to Basement and go west to NW Garden to Barracks.

FINDING WELL ROOM

Here is turning guard and this place is visited by 3 patrollers. Leave door to Basement open. In Barracks is secret lever on top of window. In storage hut are 4 flares and explosive barrel. Take it. Here I noticed that sometimes it's impossible to drop barrel on ground. Restart the mission and when it will load, load your save. The problem should be fixed. You need to bring barrel to Dungeon and I'm gonna use door in Chapel, so return there. Don't close/open right door if patrolling archer is nearby stationary guard, because guard will 1st alert and archer will hear it and go into search mode. Put barrel near door to Dungeon and close Chapel door.

In Dungeon douse 2 torches and moss floor in front of wall. Put explosive barrel there. Also there are 3 coin stacks that you can take through banner. It's also possible for banner to be destroyed due to explosion of wall. There is also tiny ring in middle cell. Time to throw flare at barrel when patrolling guard is away and stationary guard is looking left. Just throw flare at it, wall will explode alerting everyone here and in tunnel to Chapel and... you will fail this mission. The problem is that explosion also kills stationary guard and game counts this as kill done by us. So you need to nudge turning guard to ramp at the entrance of this room. Luckily after dousing 2 torches this room is very dark and you can stand in front of guards without being spotted. Just don't move too fast. Then explode wall, which alerts mentioned guards and destroys wall and explosive barrel (ghost bust #1). Use Well Room key to open door and when you enter portcullis will block your exit.

Close door and descend to the bottom of rope into well. Drop 3 fruits below and then drop from rope. Take them and Rowena's key, then read note and use 3 candles. Climb back up and use SW torch. In Sacristy read book and take all loot. Enemies in Chapel are alerted by explosion. Here is note from Rowena. Stationary guard vanished somewhere and archer walked to corridor leading to Chapel. I used this moment to sneak to shadow under windows. Archer returned, but he got blocked walking into pew. If I would stay in Sacristy too long, I would get spotted by archer.

The aftermath of explosion is archer walking into pew, 2 guards are standing on the other side of right door. I'm guessing that they are stationary guards in front of gate leading to Dungeon and Cemetery. As for Dungeon guards, stationary guard doesn't stay in his original position, instead he returned to his nudged by me position. Stationary guard from Chapel vanished. I don't know where he is. Maybe he despawns after visiting Sacristy.

ELEMENTAL KEYS

Return to 2nd floor and go to Red Room into undergrounds. Here are 3 water arrows. Fire key is guarded by 2 patrolling fire elementals and 1 stationary elemental., but there is a lot of shadows, so that's not a problem. Air key from White Room has no enemies, so it's free. The problem starts in Yellow Room with Earth key.

Here are 2 frogs and treebeast. You must use 3 levers to open portcullis to Earth key. North and south levers are no problem, but west lever has frog near it and area to it is well lighten. No matter from what direction you go, frog will always see you. So we can't use levers as it will force west frog to explode. During my test run I noticed that there is a way to grab key from west side without opening portcullis. It required making stack of 3 fruits and flare to get high enough to grab key. Unfortunately I appeared in well lighten spot and both frog and treebeast alerted. At least I didn't kill frog.

In my ghost run my target was to reach Earth key without being seen. First thing I shot 2 moss arrows to moss ground. After a while I decided to try stacking rocks. To my surprise rock falling on rock didn't make any noise. I wonder if they also don't make noise when falling on ground. I didn't test that. If you go too high when climbing in front of pedestal you will become more visible and frog can easily go into search mode. That's why I tried making stack NW from pedestal. But then I had another problem. In order to reach key, which I think has lower frob range, I need to have ability to lean while on rock. To do that I jump in place. But due to how wall around pedestal is angled (upside down slope), I bounced out of wall and fall west of my stack into light. Also overtime I noticed that treebeast nudged himself east for some reason. Another thing I noticed that sometimes frog may not make any alert when going into search mode, so whenever your light gem was well visible even for a split of second, observe frog's reaction.

I noticed that 2 of 6 rocks are bigger than others. So NW from pedestal I made stack of 3 rocks: big at the bottom, normal at the middle and again big at the top. It was very hard to mantle on this stack, so I made stack of 2 rocks north from 1st stack. Thanks to it I managed to climb on 1st stack and weirdly enough I could lean without jumping in place. Perfect. Now I only needed to go south on this rock as possible without falling and lean forward for Earth key. That was really tough challenge.

Lastly Water key is in Blue Room. 3 diamonds (300 loot) protected by 3 spiders are impossible to collect - area in front of them is too well lighten and spiders have their back turned towards you. Your progress is on the right. You must very slowly enter cave with another spider looking partially in your direction. It's hard to move along wall as it's upside down slope again and you get stuck on wall. After dodging spider I decided to nudge him east, which partially backfired as spider started to see me trying to go to exit. When you decided to nudge him, which is optional, you must nudge him east as far as possible. Small spider is easy to dodge by crouch walking along right wall. In Water key cave you don't need to use skulls from safes, just do strafe jump and mantle to grab key. In water are 2 diamonds and return to green spider (instead of loud jumping on slightly higher ledge you can mantle directly to him).

CEMETERY

With keys get back for Holy Sword, then go to Gate of Hell. Here you will find note with new objective and Locker key. We only get objective to kill Cedric, but note explains that we need to kill Duncan's ghost at Cemetery first. It's not objective, but if you don't do it, Cedric will not spawn. Since ghost is apparition, that means that he can't be killed in one hit. So that's a ghost bust #2 anyway. Go to Rowena's Room, open locker and read book to get Cemetery key. Time to make detour there.

Go to Garden through Red Room and then go south. Cemetery gate is guarded and it's impossible to go this way without being spotted. Also there are 3 patrollers walking here to north part of garden and 1 patroller walking in front of Cemetery. While in small garden under Cemetery wall open south door and mantle on it, then mantle on lamp. You can close door now, then jump on Cemetery wall, but be careful, Duncan's ghost can spot you. Go left to shadow and drop behind tombs. Go to passage. Kill him when he's very close to statue between tombs. Patrolling outside archer should be walking near entrance to Dungeon. If he's on the other side of wall, he will hear Duncan's death and he and Cemetery guard will go into search mode.

After successful kill, loot Cemetery, mantle on tombstone near tombs and mantle on wall. drop on the other side and return all the way to Gate of Hell. Here is walking Cedric. He can't be KO-ed. Moss marble floor, then go behind him, steal his Alastor's key and kill him with Holy Sword. Hide his body and enter Gate of Hell.

GATE OF HELL

This is final area of this mission. Enemies here look like Trickster, but they act as haunts. You must go to the bottom while gathering 3 urns and nugget. Then go left to prison. Go as close as possible to cells and lean forward to grab 4 golden bones behind zombies, then go to big gate and open it. You need to slightly nudge one of stationary demons forward, so you will go through gate. Here is torc on ground. Use left passage to get to Rowena.

Go above lever, drop 3 fruits on ground and drop on them. Here I doused 7 torches, but it wasn't necessary, because shadow will not help you too much. Just kill Rowena. Her 3 clones will appear and they are all alerted. Kill them to another 2 clones spawn, then Rowena will change into zombie. Kill her again. Lady Isabella will wake up. Since she can alert to us, KO her immediately and then kill last form of Rowena before she will free demons. Actually killing her objective gets completed after 2 overhead swings, which aren't enough to kill her. It's probably a glitch, so I killed her completely. After killing her demons will also die. During the fight they were alerted, but they were locked in cells, so they couldn't join the battle. This whole boss battle is huge ghost bust #3.

Open path to where demons were locked and go down. Go along left wall to grab key near female zombie, then go upstairs and use passage leading to lower floor where 4 zombies patrolled. That's right, zombies weren't affected by Rowena's death, only demons. Go behind zombie and open gate. Take loot and use lever behind sarcophagus to find last secret. Return upstairs. Take Lady Isabella's Body and go through gate to ramp leading up. This time go right, grab nugget and Front Gate key from Lenny's body. Get out from this place.

ESCAPE

You must take Lady Isabella with you to Front Gate. Go to 2nd floor of mansion and use central stairs to go to 1st floor. From here reach small SW room while walking along wall. Here is ladder to Basement and immediately passage to Cook's Room. Return to SW corner of map to south entrance to Mess Hall. Front Gate is well protected, so you can't use intended way. So you must mantle on torch above south entrance to Mess Hall, then on roof and go on Barker's Apartment roof and on outer wall. Drop on lower floor above Front Gate and drop on the other side.

I skipped bonus objective as it requires KO-ing Lady Lucrethia and Lieutenant Wilson and placing them in Lady Lucrethia's bed, because it requires KO-ing these 2 people. Plus I don't want Lieutenant Wilson to get accused of raping Lady Lucrethia and soon after imprisoned and executed. Also in my stats I get 12 kills. I'm pretty sure I only killed Duncan's ghost, Cedric and 8 forms of Rowena. Unless due to heat of Rowena's battle I miscounted her number. Bugs I encountered in this mission were related to vanishing doors, not being able to drop item or object you carry or my arrows would freeze in air. To fix all bugs other than vanishing doors sometimes I just needed to reload game, but sometimes I needed first to restart mission and then reloaded it. I have no idea why sometimes one solution works and other it requires 2nd solution.

STATS:

Time: 3:04:19; Loot: 8474/9074
    Pockets Picked: 9/13; Locks Picked: 25
    Back Stabs: 3; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 230; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 12
    Secrets: 8/8

BALFOURS SECRET

Short city mission. To get down from terrace near cemetery, jump on lower sign. Cemetery guard isn't hard to ghost. Just steal his key, unlock gate and when guard is looking west, run along right wall and enter cemetery. Finding tunnel requires dousing torch. Here is drop into water that you want to avoid as it may 2nd alert spider in cave below. You can lean for switch opening ground and then shoot rope arrow into wall (not too high as you will be too high to jump without getting hurt. When you are in cave, but still on rope you can go to starting point to finish this mission or continue. You can use this route to exit later too, by shooting rope arrow in ground of the shaft.

In crypt there is locked gate. It requires shooting goblet in one of tombs. This is damage property, so you can't do that. Due to author overlook you can actually walk through middle of this closed gate. Dodge fireballs, take Hand of Glory and jump to activate switch under it. Go on the side to avoid zombies, take Balfours body, dodge patrolling zombie and go to elevator to cemetery. Put body into grave and return to starting point. Easy mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:22:56; Loot: 3141/3341
    Pockets Picked: 6/8; Locks Picked: 13
    Secrets: 3/3

BROKEN HAMMERS

At the beginning of mission is something that for some time I thought may be a cutscene. There is battle between haunts and Hammerites. Behind us will show up haunt who is the only haunt aggressive to us. He will attack us, which teleports us to next area. Don't crouch as his attack will make us lose 6 HP. If you stand you will only lose 4 HP. As for your movements - you can move only couple of steps, but you are blocked by invisible wall. You can jump and mantle on it, but haunt will go after us. He can die in the attack and then you will not manage to continue this mission as getting into other haunts attacks don't teleport us. I have no idea if I should qualify this situation as a ghost bust or excuse this as part of cutscene where I'm out of control.

Ghosting is pretty easy until we reach church. Here is your equipment. From here you can shoot rope arrow at carpet on wall to get on higher bridge, but wait with that. Here is patrolling haunt who for me got stuck on hammer statue. Go to next door to get High Priest's Room key. Next is metal bridge, but in the middle lamp gets turn on and expose you to undead archer. That's why I prefer to rope up from below.

Go to last room and drop through hole along left wall. Drop on right side of haunt and grab sword. I didn't found any way to ghost 2nd haunt, so kill him (ghost bust #1). Quickly open door of next house and mantle on gate near dead haunt. 3rd haunt will walk and when he will enter house, close door and shortly after they will become unfrobbable. Haunt is trapped, so we can progress to next area.

Here you will need to be careful of archers at the top. Douse torches and walk along right wall. Ignore south passage. It leads to catacombs, which leads to exit, but this route requires destroying wall. Continue going along wall to east passage opposite to entrance to this area. If you try enter you may hear haunt's laugh. It's probably undead archer at the top of wall. You must time him blindly. Go through warehouse and when lamp will turn off for couple of seconds strafe run to left wall and enter hole.

This is undead city. Streets are patrolled by haunts and 2 of them have lanterns. Much bigger problem is from undead archers on roofs. Most of houses has access to roof, so enter 1st house and rope up to roof. Here is watch tower, but it's locked now. You must find key for it and it's located in last house. Use rooftops to dodge haunt and descend on street. Go along left side and try to not get spotted by archers who sometimes aren't visible for you. Near last house will be scripted event of falling rocks, which will alert nearby haunts. Enter house with stairs and quickly go into right corner, because archer can spot you through hole above door. Grab key from 2nd floor and return to door. Go as close to it, open it and move forward with them, so you will not get spotted by archer. Return to watch tower.

Here is turning archer. Descend downstairs and use shadow to get to opposite wall. Douse right torch and mantle on it. Shoot rope arrow into wooden roof, but don't shoot above torch. Mantle on wall and go to passage leading downstairs. Open portcullis to area with dead bodies. Be careful of 1st body, because touching it will hurt you. Go to Hammerites.

You will get new objective of killing undead horde. Hammerites can kill them and complete it, but there is not enough of them. So I was forced to assist them and use 1 flashbomb. I have no idea if this kind of assist is considered a ghost bust when I have objective to kill haunts and they are alerted to Hammerites. After completing this objective just go to 2 lying zombies to complete this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:27:38; Loot: 400/600
    Pockets Picked: 1/4; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 33; Damage Taken: 4; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

BROKEN HEART

First part of mission is searching for keys and loot in deserted castle. After you get sword and use lever, thieves and knight spawn. They have purses for you to finish loot objective. Visit room with corridor patrolled by 2 thieves for purse before going to 2nd floor. After visiting 2nd floor 4 more thieves start patrolling the same place. To reach their purses go from courtyard as far as possible and lean for them. Your gem will become yellow, but they will not see you.

At this point you should also found Lucky Hand. At the arena are Castle Keys in right brazier. I mossed floor, because it can muffle sound of fight. Isildo can't be killed in one hit (ghost bust #1), he can't get out of this room, but thieves can enter it. Eventually I decided to climb above door and shoot Isildo to death. This attack has been heard by thieves (ghost bust #2). They couldn't reach me and after killing Isildo mission ended.

STATS:

Time: 0:58:43; Loot: 3267/3367
    Pockets Picked: 16/17; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 129; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

Game: Thief 2
    FM: A Keeper of the Prophecies 3: The Insurrection

Ghost - Chemical Success
    Perfect Thief - Chemical Success
    Supreme Ghost - Failed
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:00:50
    Loot - 2238/2238
    Pockets Picked - 17/17
    Secrets - None
    Locks Picked - 6
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 5
    Healing taken - 9, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 6
    Consumables - 1 Invisibility Potion, 1 Magic Healing Apple

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here.
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    A beautifully made cathedral by Frobber stands out as this mission’s crowning achievement. The story features the insurrection of the mechanists, plus Garrett’s desperate need to stay alive. This is actually a very easy mission, if you know where to go. But the compound can be quite confusing to navigate at first, and loot is few and far between. Sadly, the campaign takes a nosedive in quality after this.

Since I was still poisoned, my main objective remained the same as in the previous mission: Get to the precursor portal before midnight, meaning within 65 minutes. Not much to report from this mission really. It was quite straight forward, except for at the very end. If you want to get all the items and pickpockets, it becomes a whole different thing; a race against the clock to be honest. I managed to get all the pickpockets with about 7 minutes to spare.

The only way to enter was via the catacombs, unless you want to follow the mechanists, but I don’t even know if that is possible. I could ascend up either ramp to the main floor, but that involved picking a lock, so I took the elevator in the semi-hidden tomb instead. Grabbed the loot on the various altars and headed upstairs. It was a bit unpredictable where guards would be, but they were easy to dodge. The vicar and high priest’s offices held the remaining loot. Took a hidden passage from the chapel to the elevator leading to Karras’ lab. Here I could start the precursor “puzzle”. Had to disarm the mines in the labs in order to place the blocks onto the pressure plates. I dropped them back on my way out, which rearmed them (image below). That was required for Supreme. Also returned the blocks to the offices. Had to do that while the patrolling guard was at the other end of his patrol, otherwise he heard it.

When leaving, I had to use an invisibility potion to keep regular Ghost alive. There was no way to enter the portal without doing so. Lots of hammerites stared straight at the machine and the whole balcony was brightly lit (image below). I ghosted the mission twice; the second time I did so without needing to take any healing. In fact, I only lost 1 health point as the whole run was only 23 minutes. The stats above are from the narrated let’s play.

Notes:
    - Used an invisibility potion to remain unseen when entering the portal. Supreme bust, and renders regular Ghost a chemical success.
    - The bodies discovered was from the hammerite-mechanist fights; nothing to do with me, as I was not spotted.
    Last edited by klatremus; 4th Mar 2022 at 19:39.

CURSE OF THE HAMMERITES

In sewers are 2 nuggets in water. At first I thought mantle cancel technique will not work, because water surface is on the same level as ground, but I was wrong. I dropped on edge above water and went backwards towards water. When I was slowly falling into water, I mantled and immediately cancelled it. This way I managed to drop into water quietly.

I couldn't get 10 purses (1000 loot) from police station. Area is well lighten and passage to corridor is observed. Plus there is patroller and room with purses has non turning stationary cop in front of it. Lights can't be turned off. You could run there with invisibility potion from shop, but you couldn't return outside. So I skip this loot.

To get the Eye from catacombs you must destroy lower wooden plank (ghost bust #1). This also alerts patrolling area treebeast. And just because of that it's impossible to ghost this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:45:37; Loot: 6764/8064
    Pockets Picked: 8/8; Locks Picked: 26

THE SUN WITHIN AND THE SUN WITHOUT

SPIDER MINES

This is 1st area of this mission and it's the hardest to ghost. It's full of gravel and small spiders. It's dark at first, but patrolling ghost will relight them. Ghost is neutral, but spiders will alert to him. Not enough to attack him, but they can do 2nd alert noises without searching around. Though sometimes they can start searching without me being seen or heard. I'm only gonna take them as bust on my side if spiders will go for search to me. Spiders will stay sensitive for the whole mission. Dousing torch will make ghost relight it and when it will happen, ghost will change for couple of seconds into his hostile form. Spiders will go after him much easier because of that and the fight may occur. Ghost will kill all of them. So for ghost run you must go past this area without dousing any torch or when you douse torch you must relight it with mushroom flare before ghost will relight it. Also this area is impossible to ghost with torches relighten.

So after teleporting into this area you must quickly go left and run on stone slope to gravel, then crouch run quietly to tunnel and hide on the side. Ghost will relight all torches. There should be 2 spiders patrolling this tunnel. When they descend climb up and hide in shadow behind pillar. Take crate with you and climb ladder. This area is safe and you will get Energy Control key, which forces you to return to spider mines.

Return back to tunnel. There will be one more spider visiting this tunnel. You must quickly, but quietly go close to stationary spider and past him to hatch. Spiders are more sensitive than before, so be careful. Opening and closing hatch will 1st alert patrolling spiders, which can lead to 2nd alerting other spiders. Below use 2 wheels and return upstairs. Return to ladder is much harder and I was forced to use creep button to climb gravel. Small spiders can see you from far away now. Sneak to shadow behind pillar, then go along right wall to ladder.

Few extra notes about spider mines. There are void portals that lead to starting point and if you didn't complete all objectives don't take them as spider mines are impossible to ghost right now. One of these portals are behind wall at the beginning of this area. To get there you need to blow it up with explosive barrel, which weakens wall (damage property) and alerts spiders. Then you need to put loose bricks away and inside is mentioned portal and nugget worth 25 loot. Because of these busts I'm gonna skip this piece of loot. Near start is exit to outside and intended way into blocked by boulder tunnel is by destroying it with fireballs. It alerts spiders, so I'm gonna avoid that. There is another way there and I'm gonna use it at the end of mission. Near ladder is elevator door, which opens after turning 2 valves in Energy Control rooms on both asteroids. I will need to return to this door later.

CAVE

Teleport to 2nd asteroid (called Village). Here is fire temple and you can grab 2 urns by throwing crate on ledge and shooting rope arrow into it. That's another unique feature of this mission, which allows you to climb to higher places or descend somewhere. Crates don't need to be solid for you to be shot and these crates are indestructible. When rope arrow will hit them, crates will become unfrobbable. First go down and jump past body. Here is crate and locked wheel. You need Wheel Peg for that. It leads to locked tomb at starting point and it will be my exit. Take crate to torch and rope down. Grab 2 crystals. Tunnel leads to spider temple. There is lots of loot there, Lucky Charm and another void portal to starting point, but it's also well guarded by spiders. There is another entrance there, so I'm going to return here later. Return to start of this cave.

Go south. Here you need to throw crate to higher ledge to rope up to it. Then take crate and put it under crystal to jump for it. Descend to the bottom of stairs and put crate on edge. Jump down and rope down for another crystal. Return to higher ledge. In tunnel is high crystal. You must mantle on rock, which may be hard and take it. Douse 2 torches and grab 2 more crystals. Go to earth temple and moss picture to open it.

Here is earthquake, which doesn't allow you to lean and makes harder to mantle. Use crate to get up to urns, then shoot rope arrow into upper crate to get to water temple. Take 3 gems and you need to throw crate, so that you will manage to rope up to air temple. This is low gravity room with gas arrow and tapestry. Use gas arrow to open big picture, then go up and shoot water arrow into frobbable hatch. This leads to ruins (in mission it's called village).

RUINS

Read both books and take Ring of Clarity from skeleton's hand. Don't grab skull as it destroys windows. Here are also 2 banners that count as loot (they are worth 100 loot together). In order to collect them you must cut them first. This may count as damage property though ( especially since upper part of banner stays on wall), so I'm gonna skip them. Go outside and douse torch near ladder. Climb to middle of it. Above you is the most unique enemy I ever seen - Sun. Sun can spot you and shoot fireballs at you, so my target is to avoid being seen by it. But I need to get to the roof for Sun Crystal. To do that you must wait for asteroid to block it's view. Since asteroid flies very slowly you will need to wait couple of minutes for it. Then climb up, grab telescope and Sun Crystal under it and quickly descend to lower floor. Be careful, on roof there is also another void portal leading to starting point.

Return to air temple and use Ring of Clarity. Temples effects will disappear and secret shaft will open. Use it to descend to fire temple and press tiny secret switch to open path to secret tomb. Take 2 rocks with you and put it on pressure tiles where 2 urns are standing. Take 2 rubies from statue to unlock exit door. Open sarcophagus and stay away as gas can kill you. Grab all loot and return to fire temple. Open picture with Sun Crystal.

Ghost has Star. Open room with 2 valves and lock it behind you. You must free star. Use left wheel and you will hear ghost trying to enter this room. He reacts to position of this wheel even if he can't see it and when wheel is deactivated he will immediately return to his usual patrol. Because it's scripted behavior and ghost isn't alerted by seeing or hearing me, I'm not counting that as a ghost bust. When star will fly to the end, turn off left wheel and wait. Then use right wheel and wait for star to escape. Ghost will storm the door again. When star will escape turn off right wheel, so ghost will return to his normal patrol. Also in this room is another loot banner (worth 100 loot this time), which I'm gonna skip.

SECOND ASTEROID EXPLORATION

Thanks to freeing star, Sun is neutral now and will not shoot you. You can also see star slowly flying towards Sun. Go to fire temple to get Wheel Peg, then return to air temple and go outside. Go to floor with broken torch and crate. Use it to rope down to 2 gems on outside wall. Go to the bottom. South part of asteroid has secret holy mushroom and 7 nuggets (one of them I noted, but couldn't find it in my ghost run - it's worth 25 loot and I noted that it was located on soth part, but it was before taking break 3 weeks ago). There is also couple of frogs, but they are easy to avoid.

Go to small houses. One of them is Energy Control room with 2 wheels to use. Another house has passage leading to spider temple. Jump to lower ladder and take gem. Go quickly to lower floor, extinguish candles and grab all loot and Lucky Charm. There is plenty of shadow and only 1 spider patrolling this room. And don't jump into void portal. Instead go up and jump from beam to beam to top ladder. Go to portal house and teleport back to mines.

FIRST ASTEROID EXPLORATION

First of all, elevator door is opened. Ride elevator down. Under it is nugget. At the end of tunnel are Sun Gems. Take 3 crates and go outside. On north part is nugget, but it's very hard to mantle out of this place. You need to do tricky strafe jump to mantle on right part of rock. In SW area is secret nugget under left rock. Go north from it to the edge and look down. Here is light mushroom and it indicates entrance to area mentioned earlier as the intended way in is by getting Sun destroying boulder. To get there you need to put crate on edge and rope down. No boulder is here to block your path. Take 2 crates with you.

In tunnel is nugget. Put one crate on it's edge above beam. Drop on this beam and put last crate on it. Jump to highest beam and grab nugget from ceiling. Here and behind pillar are good shadows. This area is visited by ghost and 1 spider, but their patrol route is long. Drop on gravel and grab 6 nuggets. Behind boulder is secret nugget (worth 100 loot), but you need to explode boulder and it will alert spiders, so I skip it. Go to dark tunnel and go to left boulder. Lean into it to grab another nugget. Climb back up on beam and shoot rope arrow into tunnel crate. I didn't do it earlier as it's possible for crate to slightly slide down, which will make rope arrow to fall down and make huge noise. Return outside and teleport to 2nd asteroid.

EXIT

Go down to locked wheel and use Wheel Peg. You will teleport to locked tomb, which will get unlocked by itself. Use secret lever behind statue and grab lots of loot from there and read scroll on table to complete bonus objective. Then go to double door to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 1:27:50; Loot: 3305/3980
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 2
    Secrets: 4/5

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. I skipped 3 loot banners as you need to cut them first and it may count as damage property. I also skipped nugget behind wall and another secret nugget behind boulder both are located in spider mines. Their explosions alert nearby spiders. All skipped loot is worth 400 together.

DELFORD ABBEY

1st tricky location is church. There is patroller walking around and another patroller walking on middle carpet and priest near altar. Luckily enemies aren't too sensitive, so your gem may be yellow, but they will not see you. First go left and right for loot on closest tables, then walk behind middle patroller and hide between pews. Go to priest and take loot from altar and his red key, then visit farther tables on both sides for more loot and return the same way.

2nd tricky location is catacombs. You must walk behind zombie on stairs and drop down, because zombie will turn around and block entrance. There is lots of undead walking right and secret wall with Holy Sword. Go right for 3 candlesticks, then go left for 6 candlesticks and enter center area. Go right and drop on stairs. Go to the other side for another 2 candlesticks. Sadly I forgot to grab one candlestick from this area, but I didn't want to return for it. At the bottom is gate and corridor with haunt. You must visit corridor for 5 candlesticks that will complete loot objective, but entrance is too well lighten and haunt will spot you. You must kill him (ghost bust #1) when patrollers are far away.

Gate leads to scepter and to mastermind behind undead appearance. It's tricky to sneak to him. First run to 2nd left column and hide in small shadow under it. Wait for mage to calm down, then crouch run behind 3rd column and wait again. Then strafe run to corner. You can KO mage if you want, but killing him will spawn alerted zombie in the same place (ghost bust #2). I think he hears agony of mage and he alerts to that. Return to corner and mission will just end without any need to return to starting point despite heaving this objective.

STATS:

Time: 0:20:11; Loot: 2540/2615
    Back Stabs: 3; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 60; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 2

FIVE TIGERS: HBS IRON BUTTERFLY

First mission of this series is surprisingly easy to ghost. Big area, but not many patrollers. Worth noted is warehouse corridor with 4 patrollers, terminal building with lots of marble floor and sewers with small spider at the middle that can be ghosted by walking along wall, which is useful when returning to starting point with Catharine Walker. I also got bonus objective for finding information about person who hired us.

STATS:

Time: 0:50:14; Loot: 10455/12015
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 21
    Secrets: 8/8

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526 LastLast