TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 9) [SPOILERS]

ELEVATOR MISSION

9 missions long japanese campaign made by JIS. Just like the rest of his missions, it will be full of crazy stuff. That's a campaign where I learned that if bots cannons are in wall, they will kill themselves. Sometimes you can loose weapons without warning. There is usually no loot, but when it appears game force you to collect everything and usually it is randomly scattered coins. There is forced ghosting sections. There is moment when you are in small escape room where you are praying to finish quickly while running away from treebeasts and monkeys. This is also campaign with crazy technical issues: in one place if you save, then every next save will double reload time. Another issue is about saving in last or almost last mission where game could run slower after reload. This is one crazy campaign.

MISSION 1 - BEGINNING IS ALWAYS NIGHT

Short city mission. Not too many AI, but they are in strategic positions. There is also lots of loud ground. First you need to get to balcony. You do that by pushing large barrel under wall and mantling on it. Lean from left side for key. Drop on barrel. Not you need to get to double door. To do that enter house and nudge servant right. Then you must have luck and quietly and fast move in front of windows behind guard. In passage there is bat that can alert to you.

Next area has guard near torch. There are 2 ways to ghost him. First you can go around and very slowly drop from stairs and move to passage near him. Second way is about mantling on portcullis near stationary guard. He's fast turning. It's quite hard to mantle on portcullis, but when you are on it, guard will not 2nd alert to you. The problem is on the other side is loud ground. You must crouch. You must move slowly forward, then go back and move on the other side with guard. I managed to drop on edge of portcullis on the side with guard, then I dropped on loud ground and went left, so I don't need to worry about guard near torches.

There is also 3rd way. You must go to large barrels under wall in front of guard near torches. Didn't check if it's possible, but I think it is. Mantle on barrel and on wall and drop on the other side of portcullis. Again I have no idea if it's possible without hurt damage. If getting to these large barrels isn't possible, then there are 2 large barrels behind stationary guard in corner of the city, but first he needs to be nudged away and second distance between barrels and wall is long. I used portcullis method.

STATS:

Time: 0:12:42; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 1/5; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

GHOST: SUCCESS

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 2 - A DOUBTFUL CORRIDOR

Mission 2 is based on original version released on Thief 1. It's not absolutely the same mission though, there is a lot of differences. It's also the largest mission and it's impossible to ghost.

KITCHEN KEY

Quickly back off into shadow. Otherwise fast turning guard can go into search mode. Go along right side, grab 3 water arrows and sneak to ladder. Jump out of it to door. Go to door on the left and use lever. Go to 2nd door and ride elevator to the bottom. Here is spider room. Small spider is in the way. To avoid alert from 2nd spider when going through this room I decided to just kill small spider (ghost bust #1). Then I nudged green spider right and slowly went along left wall to elevator.

Going along left wall you can ghost bat. Though I noticed he just fly around when it notice us without alerting other enemies or trying to kill us. When guard from guard post turn right, run to warehouse. Climb on boxes, then on railing. Open double door and use switch near guard. Return all the way to guard post. When guard will turn right, run behind him, wait for him to turn in other direction and activate panel. Go through warehouse. You must run to watcher and avoid getting spotted by it and archer. In purple box behind them is Kitchen key. Return to double door near Kitchen at the beginning of the mission.

LOCKPICKS

Drop on chair and quickly back off. Nudge singer all way left and use wooden door to get to Hammerites. Sadly you need to KO them (ghost bust #2-3). Right door leads to well with zombies fighting with small spiders. Based on their position this place may be impossible to ghost. In my run small spider near ladder and woman zombie weren't moving, so going along left wall I could ghost them. I needed to wait for other spider and zombie to move further left, so I could run to chest with triangle lockpick and return to ladder. I couldn't douse torch, because it forced woman zombie to attack small spider. I jumped to ladder to get out. In Olddark I believe it wasn't possible.

Use double door and go along left wall. Choose left door, open double door, then door on the right. Downstairs is patrolling corridor woman. In last room is watcher, so when woman will go away you must time your entrance with it and you don't have too much time. Inside go along left wall and open chest with square lockpick. Return to white double door.

SWORD KEY

Run from shadow to shadow to avoid alert from Ramirez, then go slowly along right wall to pass him. Go quietly into room with 2 guards. Even if you douse torches, pressing pedestal turn on lights. So I decided that I need to KO these 2 guards as well (ghost bust #4-5). Put body on pedestal and sneak to treasure chest. Inside is Sword key. Return all the way to the singer and go outside.

MASAMUNE

On the left is slope. Time guard below and strafe run through slope to ledge leading to Tavern. Don't enter yet. Drop on lower ledge. Time guard below and drop on torch, then on ground. Hide in shadow. Dodge guard and go picklock metal door. Go through room, but be careful, guard can spot you through window. Last door leads to chest with Masamune.

CATHEDRAL KEY

You must go to Tavern. To do that dodge guard and go upstairs. You need to nudge all way right worker looking through window. Open right door and jump outside through window. Enter Tavern.Go to right wall and then very slowly go through well lighten corridor to stairs. This way barkeeper will not go into search mode. Upstairs is purple box with Cathedral key, which open locked door near stairs. Go there.

BRONZE GEAR

Go along right wall to dodge fast turning guard. Also noble can spot you through window, so you will need to move fast when in front of it. Go straight to Church. In left room are chests with speed potion and invisibility potion, near bed is switch. Go upstairs to double door and go through red door. Lots of loud ground. There is easy to dodge stationary guard. Use panel to turn off light. Go to cells and go along right wall. To do that you will need to climb on barrels. Next stationary guard is harder. You need to time him well and have luck. Last guard is easy. Wait for him to turn right and grab Bronze Gear from purple box. Return all the way outside Tavern, go past worker to elevator and open gear door.

HAUNTED PLACE

Go to city and turn left. Use door to enter warehouse. Behind boxes is Devilish key in chest. Backtrack to metal double door and open it. Put 2 healing potions on pressure tile and enter haunted building. Go far left to the outside. Go along left wall to undead mage. Under right part of stairs is Pyonchan's Book. You must frob it blindly. Return to the beginning and go to far right. Ignore 4 rooms on the sides and go right to the corridor with watcher.

Go under lock of 1st cell and open it. In chest are 4 water arrows. Then go right to pillar with ladder and go to lock of 2nd cell. Unlock it and go into shadow near turret. Another small spider is in the way, so unfortunately you must kill it (ghost bust #6). Go inside and unlock lock. This will open last passage. There you need to dodge bat and crayman, but that's easy. You will enter 2nd Cathedral.

Mage is easy to dodge. Go to room on the right. There is chest with 6 rope arrows. Go left, but don't descend. Go to 2nd window and shoot 2 rope arrows into wooden beam on the right. Climb to top and jump to beam with switch. Use it and drop on rope, then jump to window. Continue this path and dodge thief. In room near him is pedestal, but I have no idea what it opens. Just go to room with flying boxes. Go to top and grab Silver Gear from metal box. Time to return to the beginning of this building.

This time go left to small room with door on wall. You can frob gear lock through it. Use Silver Gear twice to open double door. Return to the beginning and go straight along right wall. Douse 2 torches and run to room with cross. On the sides are haunts in cells covered by banner and portcullis. This mechanic is interesting. Haunts will don't see you if both banner and portcullis is blocking their view. Remove one of them and they will see you. Go into corner and douse gas torch. Crouch and go to switch behind cross. Use it and return to city. Grab 2 healing potions from pressure tile on the way.

KEEPERS

Go right to newly opened building and quickly run into shadow in doorway. Above you is archer. Douse 2 torches and go past him. Put 2 healing potions on pressure tile and use elevator. Go right to lava room with barely visible metal bridges and ladders. Drop to lever and use it twice to open big gate. Then you need to jump and mantle to bridge with ladder. Climb it. From there you need to jump and mantle on bridge with 2nd ladder. Climb it and go to gate. Inside are Keepers waiting for your report.

STATS:

Time: 1:27:02; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 3/7; Locks Picked: 13
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 4
    Damage Dealt: 59; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 2
    Bodies Discovered: 2 (during KO-ing 2 pairs of opponents)

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 3 - FACTORY

There is loot in this mission. The whole 5 loot and it's 5 coins scattered around this whole mission. Luckily it's just optional objective. This is the mission where I learned how to make bots killed themselves. Tough mission, but doable.

ENTERING WAREHOUSE

You are in Keepers place and there is nothing there. Stand on floor tile to open portcullis and go all the way to Keeper's body. Near it is 1st coin. Use switch to open grate. In lower room you must dodge 2 watchers and bot. Luckily there is a lot of shadow. Lock at the end is well lighten, but bot doesn't visit this place. Picklock it and return to body.

Now is very interesting challenge. You must ride well lighten elevator, but during ride you can get spotted by guard through window. To avoid that you must drop on far edge of elevator near red door. But you can't stay there all the time. Above you is metal ledge, so you will be forced to quickly go on the middle of elevator when you reach top of window. Ride down to check if guard spotted you.

Go to metal door and open it. In doorway you are safe from watcher. When it turns to the side, run behind it. Open next double door. Another corridor has watcher and on the right from next double door is fast turning guard. You don't need to douse torch, though it's helpful. Run along left wall, open double door and return under watcher. Then again run to double door and hide behind corner. Close door and descend to outside area.

On the right is stationary guard. You must nudge him all the way to the right corner of big crate. Then go along left wall. Run to shadow under window, then slowly move to door. Don't enter it though. Go forward and open red door leading to Warehouse.

WAREHOUSE

On the left is watcher. Dodge him and climb big crate near lamp on the left. Here is 2nd coin. Go to elevator and ride to 2nd floor. Here are 2 patrollers and one of them can spot you. You must go to guard post and press the switch. 2nd patroller can spot you through window. Return to lower floor and go to right side of Warehouse. Go to elevator and ride it down. Be careful, at the bottom is patrolling guard and he can spot you.

Press down switch again, so you will not drop on metal elevator loudly later. Drop down and go to metal pillar at the end of bridge. Mantle on it and mantle on bridge. Go into passage and dodge fast turning guard. In last room is purple box with Rock's Winder key. Return to bridge area. Drop down, climb on big crate near elevator, run towards bridge and mantle on it. Ride up and go to 2nd floor. Go behind archer and dodge him from right. Unlock last door leading outside.

Go to door at the end of ledge. There is 3rd coin on table. Descend on ground and use ramp to go down (you can run up to torch, then crouch and go against wall to descend quietly). Douse torch and grab Control Duct key from metal box (actually you need to frob key through metal box). Go up. You can strafe jump to chest on crates for invisibility potion. Use panel to open hangar and unlock elevator. Ride up.

This area is harder. There is guard patrolling entrance area, watcher (actually not a problem, because it observes entrance) and at the center of well lighten room is fast turning guard. Wait for patroller to go past you and time stationary guard to go right. Grab Wheel Peg from table. Now you need to sneak into opposite corridor. There is some shadow on top of stairs on right side. Picklock portcullis.

In this corridor is watcher. Go under it, open guard post and hide in shadow inside. Quickly run behind guard, use Wheel Peg and then the whole wheel. Return to fast turning guard and run left through big gate. Straight path leads to locked portcullis, but you need a key for that. For that you will need to enter outside area.

OUTSIDE AREA

Go behind patroller and douse torch. This will allow you to move along right wall safely. Patroller makes weird turn arounds when going around well. Go forward and open left door. In guard post is fast turning guard and lever. Pressing it will open nearby portcullis. Sneak past 1st window and run upstairs. Use bottle near flower pot to open passage to spider room. This time it's easy to ghost it. Use panel to open gate near well. Go there and go along left wall to another panel. Big gate is open. Go to guard post near it. Inside is chest with 2 rope arrows.

You must sneak past big gate, so go observe fast turning guard and quickly go through big gate. Run behind castle and rope up. On balcony is key for portcullis in Warehouse. Now you just need to return to this portcullis.

FINISHING MISSION

User hatch to go down. Don't use panel, instead drop into water and get 4th coin under left grate. Climb up, then go to ladder and jump from it to double door. Near other double door on the left is 5th coin. That's all for loot hunting. Now you need to climb to top of structure in 1st room. Guard isn't very good at spotting you. Use both panels, descend quietly to shadow and from there drop on ground.

Bot from 2nd hangar can spot you, but there is a lot of shadow here. In 1st hangar is chest with invisibility potion. In 2nd - mantle on crates near bot and use switch. Get out from hangar and go around room to passage leading to 3 bots. Go along left wall to avoid alerting them. Opening last hangar will lead you to Docks.

You must time well opening this hangar. There is patroller. Wait for him to go right and go along left wall to stationary Mechanist. Nudge him right and unlock elevator door. Use it to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:54:47; Loot: 5/5
    Pockets Picked: 1/6; Locks Picked: 10

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 4 - SUBMARINE BASE

From what I remember, when I played this campaign the first time, this was my favorite mission. This is the mission where the first time I leaned about KO-ing enemies through door.

ENTRANCE

Beginning is tough. Go to shadow on the right side near corridor with watcher. Lean left and wait left patroller to appear and go away. About patrollers, 2 of them at the entrance are super sensitive. If you see them, then most likely they will see you too. The one on the left visits watcher, other one on the right don't, but he can spot you if he's walking near corridor with watcher.

First you have very difficult strafe run after watcher. Wait for it to turn right and then run. It's very precise. Then go left to hatches and hide in this room. Wait for patroller to go away to storage and run upstairs. Wait and check if nobody noticed you. Go to bot room. It's easy, just go along right side. Go straight to stairs, then crouch and walk along left wall under window with servant watching through. Go to stash with metal box containing 4 vine arrows. Return to bot and go the other way. Enter 1st passage.

CLIMBING UP

This place is really tough to ghost. There is watcher high above entrance. Ladder and vine is intended way up, but it's just too slow. Near turret is pipe. Shoot vine arrow into ceiling grate close to this pipe, but you must stand under this grate, so vine will reach low enough. Save when watcher is looking left, wait for it to turn right and strafe jump from pipe to vine. Quickly climb up and mantle on ledge.

Door near us is closed, you can get spotted through window by camera. It's very quiet machine. You need to get to door on the other side. Intended way is to use pipe, but it's observed through window by servant. From the place you are shoot vine arrow into ceiling grate near ladder. Now you need blindly time watcher under you and do strafe jump to ladder, then jump on vine and mantle on ledge. Luckily there is shadow. You have barely enough time.

Quietly enter servant's room (watcher can still spot you). Close door and go down. There is metal corridor. Go behind patroller and hide in shadow on crossroad. Wait for him to go back to ladder and go to guard post. In chest is Base key. Quickly return to shadow. Wait for patroller to go to guard post and climb to ladder. Nudge servant into right corner and go on the ledge. Sneak to pipe, wait for watcher to left, drop on left edge of pipe and run to the other side. Open door and go under camera.

BASE

Go downstairs. Lots of metal floor, but only 1 patroller. Right now just run to room with watcher and hide in corner. Wait for patroller to vanish in the corridor you came and run forward to window. Go through it. Below is panel and spider bot. Wait for spider to bot to go right. Jump down and mantle on machine near panel. Use panel and go right into corner past lava pools. When spider bot will go towards panel get out and sneak to ledge. There is good shadow behind machine, but you need to be careful to not get spotted by patrolling archer.

Wait for spider bot to come back and go behind archer. Go upstairs and again dodge patroller. Go back to room with watcher and spiral stairs. Drop on right edge of pipe, crouch and drop on turret. You should safely and quietly descend on lower floor. Use spiral stairs to go down and climb on ladder.

Metal door leads to storage with watcher and stationary guard with key. I never found what's this key is for, but to get it you need to sneak behind pillar and then go around the room from shadow to shadow. Use white door and when guard will walk left, run under watcher. Open door and sneak inside. Use panel to close door behind you.

INTACTOR AREA

Sneak right. Unfortunately you can't avoid 2nd alert from priest (ghost bust #1). Shoot vine arrow into metal railing above. Sadly it's loud and it will 2nd alert guard in room above (ghost bust #2). Luckily, only him. The intended way is louder - breaking the window. It doesn't alert guard from room above, but it alerts Mechanist from guard post and priest. Plus it's damage property.

Drop into gap between floor and pipe. Mantle, step back, so you will manage to crouch and go that way to vine. Mantle on railing and wait few minutes for Mechanist to calm down. Go into his room and grab Intactor key from metal box. Go to ladder and wait for patroller to turn down. Quickly go behind him into room and hide in shadow on the left. Use lever to open exit.

To get to Intactor door you must again use pipes. This time get to 2nd to last pipe and jump+mantle towards ledge. Unlock door. First go right behind patroller and turn left. Go along right wall and lean for door. Through window stationary guard observes entrance and there is metal floor and entrance is well lighten. It may be weird, but I found it that running on metal floor in front of guard works the best. So wait for patroller to go away and do that. In guard post is switch. Nudge guard into left corner. Wait for guard to go left and go into shadow, then go quickly behind him and dodge him from right during his turning animation.

Go to another patroller. Walk along railing, hide under pillar, then in corners and descend to 1st passage. You must jump+mantle on top of waterfall. Use switch in flooded room. Next is interesting gimmick - climbing on ladders while in water with current pushing you down. You must jump from outside the water into ladder, climb up and jump on 2nd ladder. Go to vent.

DOCK

In room is goblet on table (the only loot in this mission). Sneak to locked door and wait for patroller. Grab his Dock's key, open door, leave and lock guard inside. He will not leave. Go to the end of corridor. On the right is long range silent camera. It's very annoying. When it will turn right, hide in shadow on the left. Wait for camera to turn right again and run under it. In lava room use panel. Backtrack to locked door and unlock it.

Sneak to ladder. Your target is pool near bot. You can't avoid 2nd alert from him (ghost bust #3), but you can avoid alert from watcher. Go around the room, run under it, time it and jump into pool. Swim down to the end of this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:50:35; Loot: 25/25
    Pockets Picked: 3/5; Locks Picked: 2

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 5 - TRANSIENCY

From what I remember this mission is change of pace and it looks the most similar to Thief missions. It's city mission during night (it's actually day, me from past) with bigger max loot than normally - 940 and it's not forced. Despite mission happening during night there isn't that many shadows. At least that's what I remembered, because there is a lot of shadows and it's the easiest mission so far. Civilians are neutral, guards and watchers are rare. Pretty easy ghosting in this mission.

First guard you need to avoid by going along left wall. Area with archer and guard on short patrol route dodge by going along left wall. In underwater passage you must stay low and swim along right wall. Stationary guard must be avoided by going under her from left path. And to open last door you need to hit right training dummy.

STATS:

Time: 0:11:29; Loot: 940/940
    Pockets Picked: 0/2; Locks Picked: 1

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 6 - VIRTUE

I remember that this wa the most tedious mission in the campaign. Metal helmet knights, lots of marble and forced loot hunting. Yeah, in this mission you need to get all loot including couple of coins placed randomly on the floor or tables and one very well hidden tiara. Mansion is big, so have fun looking for loot.

As for ghosting there isn't that many enemies. The hardest is beginning. Knight will shout when going under watcher for no reason. What I leaned is - it's good idea to let double door on top of ramp near starting point to be opened. Sometimes other knight can get stuck on this door and this passage is the intended entrance to 2nd floor. You can also rope up there, but these places are observed by fast turning guards. Killing objective is also easy. Just KO red lady and kill her. Though every hit will make her shout even though she's unconscious.

There is one part that gave me a lot of problem in the past. In left Garden you need to shoot rope arrow into small wooden square on balcony. The problem is returning. Roping down was super difficult in the past and usually I was getting hurt. In this run I just jumped down and mantled on metal railing of stairs leading down.

STATS:

Time: 0:28:32; Loot: 200/200
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 1
    Back Stabs: 2; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 61; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

PERFECT GHOST: FORCED

MISSION 7 - BETRAYAL

It's return to the city from Mission 5. I remember that it's day mission (and I remember wrong, because it's night mission). But some parts of city have less shadows due to light from street lamps. Also the ending is quite hectic with treebeasts and apes. Mission can't be ghosted even though there is barely any opponent.

First you need to kill thief, but he's hyper sensitive and it's impossible to get spotted by him (ghost bust #1). From high ledge with purple box you can safely drop on crate below. In Garden you can jump to rope from wooden fence and to return down just drop on one of eyeball plants. At the end is well lighten area with 2 treebeasts and 2 apes. The strategy for this room is the same like when many years ago - just run to Keeper and prey to not get killed (ghost bust #2).

STATS:

Time: 0:09:37; Loot: 1150/1150
    Pockets Picked: 0/3; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 40; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 8 - THE LAST OF EMT2

This isn't last mission though. This is another change of pace. The last 2 missions are about puzzle and challenge rooms. Ghost run is very similar to normal playthrough. There is really a lot of ghost busts. I suspect I may score the biggest number of ghost busts exactly in this mission.

Take 2 water arrows and enter mansion. You must get to locked door. You open it by shooting water arrow into left crystal. To open next door you must KO female thief (ghost bust #1). Next is Pagan Room, which is easy. Next is Ape Room. You must kill 2 apes to spawn letter (ghost bust #2-3). At least you can do that quietly with your blackjack and then throw them into lava. Next room is easy - just blackjack crystal to get out.

Next is 4 girls room. Grab 4 fire arrows and Holy Sword 2003 from chest. The intended way to open cells is to shoot 4 fire arrows into torches, but thanks to new mantle you can mantle on portculllis and get to cells. Still you will get spotted by girls before killing one (ghost bust #4). Get to cells and kill 4 girls with 2 slashes of holy sword (ghost bust #5-8). Go to next room and crouch.

You get teleported on slippery slope and because you crouch you will only get spotted by watcher (ghost bust #9) and not by archer. Try not to fall into lava and fall from too high. Get on tile and you will get teleported to top. You must grab bottle from pressure tile. Unfortunately archer will spot you (ghost bust #10). By the way, your blackjack and holy sword vanished, so you can't at least hit him, so for a moment he will stop shooting. Return on slope to get spotted by watcher again (ghost bust #11) and target middle ledge in shadow. It's helpful if archer is behind metal fence and can't shoot you. Drop on lower ledge and jump over lava. In this room my main target was to avoid red alert from watcher.

Before teleporting to next area save. If you get close to haunt from next area, you will get hurt. The thing of saving before this room is haunt can choose to always do small patrol to letter or longer patrol. You can't ghost his short patrol route, you must trigger his longer patrol route. Read letter and teleport to next area.

In next area if you try to drop from riding up elevator, elevator will go through you and you will start levitating. If you jump you go higher, but elevator will block you. So don't do that. While riding just crouch to avoid trap. Next are barely visible rocks falling from ceiling. Avoid them. Open sarcophagus near 2 apes and jump into it. Sadly you will get spotted by apes (ghost bust #12).

Next is going down room with haunt at the top. Platforms leading down are pressure tiles that trigger fireball traps. Luckily most of these traps don't alert haunt. You must drop on the edge of lower tile, then again on lower tile. Skip tile directly under you, because fireballs will hit at the middle and this will alert haunt. Instead drop on even lower tile. From there try to drop and mantle to ledge with lever and water arrows. Drop on edge of bridge, douse 1 torch and teleport to next area.

JIS got killed, so go to next area and just jump into water. Unfortunately you can't avoid angry servant (ghost bust #13), so dodge him, read book and go into water passage. Don't touch any button or else you will die. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid fall damage. You will always lose 2-3 HP. Since it's unavoidable I'm gonna excuse this for this ghost run.

Next is Throne Room. Ghost haunts don't care about you. Read scroll under throne. Very sensitive treebeast will spawn behind you and spot you (ghost bust #14). Quickly mantle on statue. Since I didn't use fire arrows in 4 girls room, I don't need to gather them here. Just shoot 1 fire arrow into treebeast to kill it. Luckily that's an objective. You will return to mansion. Shoot fire arrow into locked door to open it (ghost bust #15). Then just return outside and go to Keeper. Well, it wasn't that bad.

STATS:

Time: 0:15:20; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 0/1; Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 3
    Damage Dealt: 135; Damage Taken: 2; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 7

ELEVATOR MISSION

MISSION 9 - MEN'S TALE

Final mission. The only thing I remember about this one is jumping on clouds and having japanese objectives. This mission is pretty much summary of everything: there are peaceful city parts and these small challenge rooms from previous missions. Lots of ghost busts too. To add to the craziness author added pictures of naked women and our main enemies will be women and girls.

Mission starts peacefully. You just need to go behind fire shadow, read letter and go back to start. Later you will get to top of Tower. You don't need to nudge woman to get to candlestick. Just run there along right wall, grab it, wait 1 minute in shadow and run back behind woman. Switch gives access to Casino. There you must cut banner near old woman (ghost bust #1), but in order to avoid alerting her you must nudge her away. Speaking of which, it's my 1st time realizing that I can nudge neutral AI in all directions.

Next descend on the edges of metal platforms to chest with rope arrows. Dodge zombie and fall into lava. Unfortunately you get damaged, but it's unavoidable, so I'm gonna excuse this loss of 4 HP. Next is switch near planks. Spider room isn't ghostable (ghost bust #2), so just run through it and use 4 panels, then switch on center pillar in this room to get out. Climb on edges of metal platforms up and go to elevator.

Next is something I call Porn House. There is rest of loot. You must avoid very sensitive woman, lightning can make you visible for her. She also 2nd alert to the sound of picklocking, so wait for her to go further away when you don't hear her footsteps. From this doorway you must wait for woman to go left and then sneak to next elevator. You also must be careful, because after opening door she gets more sensitive. So shadow in doorway isn't good hideout anymore. You must wait inside and be careful of light from lightning, which will make you visible.

Outside go behind thief and nudge him forward. Next is water elemental and it's impossible to avoid alert from him (ghost bust #3), so just fall into water. In next area you must kill woman (ghost bust #4). Unfortunately you can't do that without getting spotted by her (ghost bust #5). Next is tracking wisp, which can bump into you and hurt you that way. Thanks to new mantle I can skip room with priest and priestess (I believe it's impossible to ghost). Quickly run upstairs, open door, but don't enter (this door is for wisp to get stuck on it). Run to Church. Go along right wall to switch behind column, return and go along left wall. Unfortunately drop into water will 2nd alert bugbeast (ghost bust #6).

Troll room is easy to ghost, just go along right wall. Next is wreacked house. Nudge girl left and forward. Frogs are neutral, open purple box and crayman will spawn here. When you use purple box it makes crayman above ground. You must quickly jump behind him to avoid alert from him. But soon he will alert to frogs and they will destroy him. Unfortunately it alerts girl at the top of elevator and after she will calm down, she will return to her original position. This means you will not manage to ghost her. So you need to ride elevator up and go to shadow while she's in search mode. Grab key from chest and ghost troll room.

Fire skeleton alerts to sound of opening door (ghost bust #7). The same goes with undead mage in nearby room (ghost bust #8). While he's in search mode quickly grab last key from purple box. Next is outside area with moving clouds and skeleton archers. I just pressed 1st switch, jumped on 1st cloud and from it dropped and mantled to window below. Next is another wisp section, but no enemies, so it's easy. In the end shoot water arrow into switch above elevator. Sneak behind girl to press switch in well, then go around to cave and sneak quietly past floating eye. Lava room is also easy - just mantle on edge of metal railing and go to door. Last note is on breasts ceiling near masked woman. This completes 1st objective and cancels other 4.

STATS:

Time: 0:50:08; Loot: 977/977
    Pockets Picked: 2/3; Locks Picked: 11
    Damage Dealt: 16; Damage Taken: 4; Healing Taken: 0

FINAL NOTES

That was a journey to the past. Lots of different motives - crazy platforming,unforgiving loot hunting, really tough puzzles and search for switches. Also I'm surprised how many enemies were done in the past: bats, flying eyes and there is even water elemental. I thought these enemies are more modern, but they were there in 2003 year. That was really great experience.

Thanks for all the nice reports, Galaer! Mad respect for your Elevator Mission run. I haven't played any of JIS' missions, but I've heard this one is a tough cookie.

Also, I read your Supreme bust when ending the Unsung Villain. I think I would've accepted it and not called it a bust. It seems like flipping the lever itself is what triggers the objective, and even though it doesn't explicitly say in the objectives to flip it, I think you're good. It would be like an objective saying "take care of the problem". If that problem was a criminal needing to die, and you killing him directly completed that objective, you would be ok for supreme. It didnt say to kill him in the objective, but it was heavily implied. What does the objective say exactly in Unsung Villain? I suspect it is "escape the city" or something to that nature. Well, if so, flipping the lever would be your means of escaping the city. Would you agree?

congrats on elevator mission series by jis, i love all his missions,his stuff is so out of the box,that is what makes them great

still waiting for people to tackle dront missions "plot" not sure if its even possible to ghost/etc as there is so many a.i's very sensative and the amount of tile floors/etc,but they are so much fun if you dont mind hacking enemys as you go along,i never would attempt ghosting them as i am not that type of player

Plot Campaign has already been reported by me. I didn't like the design. As for ghosting - it's tricky with so many guards and there is always this one ghost bust that you must do to beat the missions. So no, Plot can't be successfully ghosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Plot Campaign has already been reported by me. I didn't like the design. As for ghosting - it's tricky with so many guards and there is always this one ghost bust that you must do to beat the missions. So no, Plot can't be successfully ghosted.
    just read repot on plot ,i got a question about mission 3 when you first enter cemetary,on right side you can climb on the stone thing and drop into a area that is not accesable normal way and it takes you to a fake wall then into a room with a zombie but the door to continue dont open and i never found a key for it,did you see that area?
    Last edited by downwinder; 4th Dec 2020 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    just read repot on plot ,i got a question about mission 3 when you first enter cemetary,on right side you can climb on the stone thing and drop into a area that is not accesable normal way and it takes you to a fake wall then into a room with a zombie but the door to continue dont open and i never found a key for it,did you see that area?
    I don't really remember. I know I tried to get over barricade, but noticed later that passage leading forward can't be opened from this side, so I went back. I don't remember what kind of door it is, but if it's wooden you may try using sword. I don't see in my notes any key to be find in Cemetery. Maybe Cemetery key would work. IO really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I don't really remember. I know I tried to get over barricade, but noticed later that passage leading forward can't be opened from this side, so I went back. I don't remember what kind of door it is, but if it's wooden you may try using sword. I don't see in my notes any key to be find in Cemetery. Maybe Cemetery key would work. IO really don't know.
    ifs metal door cant be bashed,all while the zombie was chasing me around room,not sure if the key is later in mission then having to backtrack,and with new mantle getting up the barricade was easy,entie section back there with one part of wall highlighting opening into a building,then the door,i tryed all keys i had at the time nothing worked

ISLAND OF MADNESS

Master of Horror Contest mission. Ruined city is quite easy to ghost. The only problem is getting out of Belltower. I dropped on stationary shadow under it. Next is entrance to King's Tomb - you must shoot broadhead arrow through fire into statue. This creates explosion and sadly it's heard by enemies inside (ghost bust #1). I couldn't avoid this bust.

Tomb is easy to ghost, but then you are forced to get into portal. Drop into blood pool will 2nd alert treebeasts (ghost bust #2). There is low gravity and there is no shadow here, so you will be forced to escape from them. Grab 8 fire arrows and mantle on pillar from it jump to highest pillar and from there kill 2 treebeasts (ghost bust #3-4). This trigger boss and 2 treebeasts to show up and alert to you (ghost bust #5). Kill boss (that's an objective) to kill all enemies and spawn exit portal. When boss shoot fireball jump in place. He can also step forward and that's what you want, because under pillar he can't shoot you. Just lean forward to shoot him. Also on exit beach is blue gem, so you need to be fast to grab it.

STATS:

Time: 0:41:08; Loot: 2915/2945
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 130; Damage Taken: 4; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 3

JOHN DOSIO'S COMPOUND

It's one of "kill them all" missions made by Cardia. A lot of light and barely any shadow. Also lots of metal floor. Really tough loot objective where you need to grab most of purses (62/65) from Mechanists patrolling this base. And there is kill objective, but in these kind of missions bosses can't be killed in one hit, but rather 50.

So 1st room can be ghosted. Fall into right corner and go towards center of the room. Grab invisibility potion and go to opposite left corner. Go to passage and use invisibility potion to sneak through passage. And that's where ghost run ends. You can't continue going on this floor, because next passage is too well lighten and before you sneak into shadow, you will get spotted by one of 2 Mechanists on the side. Upstairs is also impossible. It's well lighten metal floor ledges with Mechanist patroller.

Trying to rash will make Mechanists go after you and you will get even more alerts that way. You don't have blackjack, so you can't KO them. And killing them will alert more Mechanists, so I decided to abort this ghost run.

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

It's December, so let's ghost some Christmas mission. It's pretty easy to ghost mission. The biggest problem is beginning. Instead of dropping on pipe, which is loud, jump to small snowy roof below. To return back to house - drop on right edge of pipe, jump to edge of next pipe and then jump over this pipe to roof.

Another problem is Van Dyke's Kitchen. Open door to trigger conversation, so servant will leave, douse fire, wait a minute (I went to loot upstairs) and slowly get inside. Here is some food for objective and loot.

STATS:

Time: 0:23:58; Loot: 1956/1956
    Pockets Picked: 6/7; Locks Picked: 6
    Secrets: 1/1

OF THE SINISTER AWAKENING

This is quite short mansion mission. Mansion that I saw in FM based on Bafford Manor. I think it was called Lord Bafford's Secret. Design of the house is identical. Ghosting is pretty easy until attack of the monks. I want Mechanists to destroy especially these monks observing entrance to Basement and main entrance.

Also immediately after using Void key, I'm taking 4 Elemental keys and walk behind newly spawned monk on this floor. I dodged him from the right and here is 1st lock to unlock. Then I go through window on roof and drop on logs near entrance to Basement. Here I manipulated survived Mechanist to kill 2 monks, so only 2 patrolling monks survived outside. Then I'm going to blocked room and then to Basement. Monk can see through generator. When he's turned left - go to storage room. When he's turned right - go through hole to last lock. Then go through door to Cellar and douse 2 torches at the bottom of stairs and then douse also 2 torches on the side. After grabbing Artifact 3 monks will go into search mode, but it's scripted, so I don't count that as a ghost bust.

STATS:

Time: 0:29:02; Loot: 1700/1700
    Pockets Picked: 2/3; Locks Picked: 0
    Bodies Discovered: 2

THE RADIANT GARDEN

City mission with many ghost busts. It's really tough, because loot objective is very high and many houses has AI looking right in front of entrance doors and these rooms are well lighten. Enemies are very sensitive and they can't go into search mode from sound of dousing torches.

FIRST AREA

1st shop is near start. I went through window and took crate to reach loot on high shelf. Tavern is impossible to ghost, so for now I'm gonna skip it. There is some loot near unfrobbable door. 2nd shop can be ghosted if you go very slowly along right wall, then nudge shopkeeper right and loot it. One more thing, long time after looting 1st shop I heard shopkeeper from it shouting and running to Tavern, then immediately returning to his shop. I don't count it as a ghost bust, because while being there I avoided even 1st alert and it was after 1 minute of leaving his shop.

Next are Sewers. I doused 3 torches, then sneaked to 3 gas arrows and diary. I gassed 2 big spiders on the right, then nudged left spider closer to the other and gassed them too. Then I leaned towards hole with 5 small spiders and gassed them. This completes spider extermination objective.

SECOND AREA

In this area is only Hotel. Go along right wall and enter it. Servant may be a problem here. When he go right, go left and grab all loot. Wait for him and go behind him to loot this room too. Kitchen is impossible to ghost. Also in right dining room you are safe under left plant. Upstairs you can douse gas torch. 2nd room is impossible to ghost, because servant inside alerts to the sound of opening door (ghost bust #1). To avoid him running away I KO-ed him (ghost bust #2). Inside is bedroll for objective.

THIRD AREA

Here is only small mansion. Douse gas torch above entrance and hide in doorway. You can't ghost this place, but you must visit it. I shot flash arrow in front of 2 guards (ghost bust #3), KO-ed 2 guards (ghost bust #4-5). Sadly 2nd guard shout body discovery comment after he got KO-ed and alerted noble from Bedroom and guard from Garden (ghost bust #6). I looted this place, go Air Talisman and went to next area.

FOURTH AREA + FOREST

This area has only 3 buildings. Bookstore is impossible to ghost. Guard's house can be ghosted by going under shelf and leaning to the side for loot on top of it. From Jewel Shop you can only grab 1 gem, rest is impossible to ghost. Forest is easy, there is no loot just avoid haunts and black trees. In Pagan house is Black Crystal.

LOOT OBJECTIVE

To complete it I still need 1410 loot. I have 1 invisibility potion, but I'm planning to use it in Tavern, because there are 3 AI's. First I go to Jewel Shop, shoot flash arrow and KO woman (ghost bust #7-8). I did the same in Bookstore (ghost bust #9-10). Then I went behind guard to Tavern where I used invisibility potion and quickly grabbed 4 bottles to finally complete loot objective. I went back to Sewers to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:35:29; Loot: 8009/8609
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 2
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 5
    Damage Dealt: 5; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Bodies Discovered: 1

REBEL

Pretty easy mansion mission. The only problem is looting Dining Room and Library on 1st floor. You need to nudge guard observing Dining Room into left corner near stairs. Getting to goblets near Library is also tricky. You need to douse 4 gas torches and guard will relight 1 doused torch. Luckily only one. The mission finish automatically after completing loot objective and grabbing the Eye.

STATS:

Time: 0:22:24; Loot: 2337/2337
    Pockets Picked: 3/4; Locks Picked: 6

REDEMPTION

City mission. Impossible to ghost, because of Haunted Mansion. Loot objective is very high (12500 loot) and to complete it I'm gonna gahter all loot possible to get without ghost busts.

It's impossible to get to Pizzeria, because archers on wall has very long range of view. It's also impossible to nudge them. So I'm skipping 600 loot from this place.

To get to Gambler's House I'm getting as close as possible to doorway and lean right to turn off light.

To get to further part of city, I'm nudging guard in front of gate forward, then open gate and climb tower to archer. I nudge him left out of the tower, so he will fall (in thew last part I need to lean towards him), then I nudge him into left street to look towards house.

I'm skipping City Watch for now, because I will need to return there later. Instead I'm going to Hammerites. To get there without key mantle on sign, then on wall above gate, jump to hedge and drop on tree. To get out I'm mantling on door leading to pool area, then on hedge and wall above gate. In the end I'm dropping on sign and ground.

In Cathedral go right and hide in shadow behind stationary Hammerite. There is ladder leading up, so I need to nudge Hammerite forward.

In City Watch in Prison I'm forced to skip purse under bed in one of cells, because it has the only prisoner who alerts to us and he covers entrance to cell. So I'm skipping 100 loot.

To get to 2nd floor I doused 2 torches. Sadly it's not enough to sneak past guard, so I'm forced to use invisibility potion from Armory to go behind him and nudge him right. Then I moss corridor, walk behind guard and quickly unlock Captain Office. I put Evidence on desk and open safe with loot. It spawns Captain who walks through corridor and enter his office. So it's good to time him well with patroller. I didn't do that, but I managed to walk behind patroller while Captain was inside office and dodged him from left.

Behind West Gate is Thief's House and thief can spot you through door. To avoid that you must rope up to 2nd floor. But because mantling on wooden railing from outside doesn't work very well, shoot rope arrow into wooden roof and jump on railing. Go inside, jump on 1st bed, use wheel and jump on 2nd bed with thief. When entering secret stash, thief will wake up. Quickly hide in shadow inside. Loot it and drop from broken part of balcony.

Next is small spiders section. Hide in shadow, so spider will go past you. Go down and douse torch. You can safely walk along right side past spiders.

Next is Haunted House. Intended way to enter it is by using explosive device, but thanks to new mantle you can just mantle over gate. Sadly ghost run ends here. Entering house will spawn zombie behind you. By dousing enough torches you can avoid 2nd alert from him, but when you try to walk through passage in front of him, he will spot you. You need invisibility potion (in fact - 2 to get both ways). 2nd invisibility potion is in Thief's House and it's observed by thief on 1st floor (you can't get to it from 2nd floor, because ladder is observed by thief).

And that's not all, after finding Scroll of Death, new enemies spawn on top of stairs and outside house (this one covers the only exit from house). So there will be more busts. Also I have no idea if I will have enough water arrows and moss arrows to ghost the rest of house. So I'm gonna do skip to final room through window. Of course breaking window is damage property and also alerts other undead (ghost bust #1), but at least that's all. Also that way I'm skipping secret mask worth 500 loot.

STATS:

Time: 1:19:31; Loot: 12543/13743
    Pockets Picked: 6/9; Locks Picked: 8

RENDEZVOUS

It's a puzzle mission. Enemies are neutral, so they ignore all the noise. I was surprised that skeletons from Glyph Room didn't hear me shooting arrows into glyphs and after shooting 5 glyphs they just die. Not very hard mission, though platforming may be tricky.

STATS:

Time: 0:19:07; Loot: 1435/1435
    Pockets Picked: 4/5; Locks Picked: 1
    Secrets: 2/2

REQUIEM FOR A THIEF

Beauty Contest mission. It's starting with camvator and ends with exploration. Author mention in objectives that neither objective or mission can't be completed. Like in most of the entries. There is no loot like in most of the entries. So what's the point of ghosting this mission? Al I need to do is to skip the mission right at the beginning and end with 0 seconds spend. But what's the point?

RESONANCE

Forced ghosting mission. Not very hard. It has couple tricky situations, but there is many routes, so it's still easy. I need to pickpocket 10 ID Badges, but I prefer to get all 15. There is no bonus objective for that, but it's more interesting that way. Also I start mission with 2 kills for some reason.

STATS:

Time: 0:24:21; Loot: 1867/1886
    Pockets Picked: 15/15; Locks Picked: 3
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 2 (?)
    Secrets: 4/4

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast