TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 9) [SPOILERS]

THE DAY WORKER

PURSE ABOVE PUB

This is the hardest loot to collect. You must rope up to wooden beam near side window. But if you do that pair of nobles will spot you. You can't go to Pub, because pair of drunken guests will spot you. You can't drop to window from roof, because gap is covered by invisible wall, so you can only get there from below. Luckily there is a way to do that.

Douse torch. Then shoot rope arrow into wooden pillar under unfrobbable window. Then shoot another rope arrow into wooden beam near side window. Climbing left rope is safe. Don't climb to it's top, because when jumping you will bounce from small wooden piece at the top. Jump to right rope, quickly turn left and jump+mantle on wooden beam. You can only stay 1 second on right rope. Otherwise nobles will spot you.

Take purse and both rope arrows. Dropping down will alert nobles and you will get hurt. Drop on the edge of wooden beam and go towards place where left rope was. You will drop on ground, but somehow without getting hurt (I have no idea what's the difference between falling vertically down and falling down to the side is, but it works). You will also avoid 2nd alert from nobles. Wait in corner for noble to calm down after his 1st alert and then leave this area.

ESCAPE FROM MUSEUM

After grabbing painting from Restoration Room after 10-20 seconds alarm will launch. It's scripted event related to story and unrelated to my mistake, so that's not a bust. You need to get to elevator. So wait with grabbing painting until patroller is walking towards elevator, take painting and dodge him from right.

Ride to 3rd floor. Alarm will launch and all lights in corridor will turn on. In my game guard from 3rd floor was near Storage #2. He went into search mode and went towards source of alarm near stairs. Thanks to that it was quite easy to climb back to roof.

RETURN TO STREET

After escape you return to your apartment. Unfortunately there are new guards on street. To dodge them you could use invisibility potion, but I don't want to do that. Luckily it's possible to get on rooftops. After getting out of Garrett's Apartment in NE corner is brick that will allow you to mantle on metal railing above and then climb to roof. Go west and then south above pair of talking people in Docks. Near them is slopey roof, which will allow you to drop on ground. The rest of mission is easy.

STATS:

Time: 0:52:50; Loot: 3950/3950
    Pockets Picked: 6/19; Locks Picked: 19
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 3/3

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

DEADLY CURE

Pretty easy mission in Hammerites Temple. Stationary guard in prison post in basement can be ghosted only if he's not moving his body to the sides (this twitching allows nudging him). I find it interesting discovery. After grabbing Golden Skull in Keepers Compound you must quickly escape and hide in shadow. Ghost will run into last room and start patrolling in search mode manner. That's not a bust, that's a script. Also at the end of mission I need to douse 2 torches and hide behind column.

The hardest part of the mission is descending the tower after grabbing Golden Skull. There are newly spawned undead archers on each floor of tower. My idea was to drop and mantle to ledge above 2nd floor archer, but instead I fell while in crouching position and holding jump to edge of 2nd floor ledge with archer without getting hurt. It's very rare glitch that I managed to perform only 3 or times in other FMs from the beginning of my ghosting career (1,5 year). So I decided to let it be. I think I'm gonna track in what direction I was dropping. It was SW. Maybe there is glitch in Thief 2 that allows dropping from very high without getting hurt and I just don't know how it works. I remember the same glitch in Anna to the Rescue was reproducible.

Afterwards to drop on bottom floor I just needed to drop on green spider. What are other ways to descend? Well, I think the hardest is by dropping and mantling on lower floors ledges. Another way is dropping on spider directly from top floor. You could also use invisibility potion and drop on ladder near 2nd floor archer, descend to it's bottom and drop on ground. I don't know though if you need to moss floor below ladder.

STATS:

Time: 0:44:12; Loot: 3235/3300
    Pockets Picked: 1/3; Locks Picked: 16

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

DOUBLE OR QUITS

Last report in 2020 year. It's short and easy mission. In Sewers thief with lantern got stuck while walking into corner near left door. Inside is green nugget, on right side is stationary thief. After reloading stuck thief stopped moving. I went behind him and mantled into shadow on his right side. Then went to room. To get out I needed to wait for stationary thief to turn away.

STATS:

Time: 0:14:21; Loot: 2687/2687
    Pockets Picked: 4/5; Locks Picked: 8
    Secrets: 0/0

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

Game: Thief 2
    FM: T2X Mission 3: While the City Sleeps

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 33:04
    Loot - 1728/1728
    Pockets Picked - 2/3
    Locks Picked - 7
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - None

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    I know Galaer said last report in 2020, but this is the last report for sure, as I am close to the west coast USA and it is pretty close to midnight, although the time stamp on the post might say otherwise. A very nice medium-sized city mission. Plenty of establishments are possible to visit throughout the district, and the street layout encourages a non-linear approach, which is always good. There’s also a fair bit of verticality, where you can apply several rooftops and balconies. Readables and conversations provide more insight into the city’s inner workings, without overdoing it and making it tedious. One of the best missions from the campaign this!

Basically, all I had to do was get into the Market District, locate some information on the smugglers in Kedar’s store, and gather 1,100 in loot, including 300 in goods. I also needed to escape by leaving the district.

Entering Market District
    The gas arrow at start was possible to grab with an angled running jump, or by using the crystal shard creating an ice layer in the canal. Three ways existed into Market District: 1) I could sneak through the main gates when the guards were off looking for coffees. This required the use of an arrow, however, in order to open the code panel. The gate itself could be closed with a lever at the Market District side, but the panel was still left open. I could access that lever from the east side of the gate, but there was a guard blocked the way, so the only way to close it was to use a second arrow. Compared to the other options, this was an easy skip. 2) The sewers were another alternative. The key was obtainable from the house above the canal in the north (left image below). Two manholes led to the district. Both were viable options, but if you choose to emerge by the one closest to the main gate, make sure you don’t ever trigger the conversation outside the gates. If you do, the guard that enters the district ends up stationing himself right by this manhole, blocking the path due north. There was one clear argument against using the sewers at all for Supreme. The sewer key, like most keys in this mission, can’t be returned (it sticks to your inventory), which technically makes it an unnecessary pickup and an arguable bust. 3) The third and final route was instead my obvious choice. I left the house with the sewer key through the east window, dropping onto the pipes further south (right image below).

Before entering the Market District you can reach the easter egg quote scroll just west of the canal. You can see remains of a skeleton sticking out beyond the roof up there, while its skull is at the bottom of the canal. A vine arrow into the eave of the adjacent building will get you up there.

Market District
    I loved the street layout in this district. Lots of houses to enter and alternate routes to move around by, and heaps of hidden objects waiting to be discovered. Took the nugget from the chest across the canal by doing a running jump from the wooden roof. Had to vine arrow up to the top roof to obtain the golden goblet (left image below). The archer was out of sight for some time and I could easily ascend the line while he was gone. From the street just south of this I could enter a window above Anvil of Crom, a local armsdealer (right image below). The other entrance further north was by way of a small grate in a nearby attic, but it required picking a lock and I wanted to avoid that. This building was connected to Fine Dining’s second floor and upstairs Grindall’s Arms and Armor. I was able to loot these establishments completely undisturbed. I waited with the secret entrance to Anvil of Crom until cleaning out Ralkavian’s Family Jewels across the street. I was able to jump both ways between the window and the ledge without alerting guards below. There was a moss arrow in the elevated garden outside the window of Ralkavian’s. I dropped down from the garden on the south end and snuck across the bridge. I could snag the key from the hammer leaning around the pillar. To obtain the two items from the canal inside the hammerite building, I dove into the waterway further north, out of listening reach of both guards. I made sure to check well for any alerts when I resurfaced. Picked the lock on the canal gate and swam inside. This isn’t the stealthiest way inside for Supreme, so I returned here later by a different route for that mode. I vine arrowed back up to the garden. The wary guard outside Grindall’s had to be turned east for me to dodge him going back. The area was much more tense after the thieves robbing Anvil of Crom had been killed, so it was to my preference to get this part of town done with before looting that establishment. The safe could be opened by the secret button behind the target upstairs, but it didn’t have any loot.

South past the main gate I ascended the ledges by the alley generator (left image below). Grabbed the loot from the attics and balconies up here and accessed the hammerite craft center, now from the southwest. This point of entry was much safer than any of the previous ones by the canal. Inside there wasn’t a single guard to worry about. Didn’t need to create the lever in the smelting area; I knew the gate to Kedar’s shop could be opened without it. Made my way back out from the top floor again afterwards. Returned to the street from the small dock with the dead thief.

The fish store’s front entrance was locked, but not pickable. The key was at the locksmith’s, but it was unattainable for Supreme. The easiest way in was by way of a crate below the window atop the stairs (right image below). In NewDark, you can easily mantle onto the windowsill without a crate, given you have newmantle enabled.

The Turning Key
    The toughest move in the mission by far came at the locksmith. I only had a few pieces of loot left, and I saw Perfect Supreme within reach. I wasn’t going to let it go without a fight. The front door was pickable and the entrance was dark (left image below). To reach it, I closed the door after it was unlocked, then snuck up to it and opened it inch by inch until I got to the dark spot. The inside watcher stared straight at me, so I had to be in a near perfect shadow to not be seen. For Supreme, even the slightest sound from the camera is a bust. For regular Ghost, the easy solution was to flip the light switch behind the door. I couldn’t see the switch, but it could be reached without problems through the open door. That turned half of the store pitch black, and all the items could be taken like this. Of course, Ghost allows disabling the camera also, but that wasn’t necessary. For Supreme, however, neither turning off the light nor the camera is allowed. The only piece of interest was a stack of silver coins in a footlocker on a ledge above the door. It was situated on a plateau that stretched onto the roof of the street, so it was actually west and a bit north of where I was standing. I never had real hope of obtaining it, so when it suddenly happened, I was as surprised as I was happy. When I played this mission 15 years ago, I can’t remember even giving it a shot. The trick was to use the leaning mechanism fully to my advantage. Leaning doesn’t change the light gem whatsoever, even when jumping. If I stood in the doorway, turned north, leaned right and jumped, I could land safely in the doorway with the light gem remaining black (right image below). Occasionally, I would hit the edge of the top door frame and bounce into the room some. This instantly set off the camera. All I had to do was adjust positioning a tad until this movement didn’t occur. Furthermore, I couldn’t be placed too far north in the doorway, as instead of jumping, Zaya would mantle the door, again shifting position into the room quite drastically. The best location I’d say was a few inches north of the midway point. At the apex of the jump I had to quickly turn left to highlight the chest, then frob, and turn back right to safely land in the doorway. It took a few tries, but once I found my groove, I could repeat it with a fair amount of ease. Of course, I had to do the jump twice in order to close the footlocker again. This was a highly satisfying maneuver, as it required skill and quick finger movements, but didn’t exploit any quirks in the dark engine. Great!

Market Square
    Listened to a conversation next, one that I honestly think I missed on each of my previous runs. It was between two city watch guards discussing the value of having the locksmith on their side. They both started patrolling afterwards. Ascended a window somewhat northeast of this (see image). It gave access to two pieces of loot that I could’ve approached from the dock with the dead thief earlier, but that would’ve necessitated picking the lock on two crawlspace grates. Coming from this side circumvented that, though it did require dodging a patrolling guard in a tight hallway. For me he always turned to his right at the end points of his patrol, so I slipped past on his left as he pivoted.

At Market Square I could open the gate by frobbing the inside lever (left image below). It was so easy to do that I cannot imagine this not being intentional. Someone would have discovered it during testing, surely. All three shops inside were accessible this way. No enemies in there so nothing to report. Listened to the last guard conversation from inside the Market Square door. Lowered the gate again as I left the building.

In NewDark, you can mantle the balcony on the south side of the second floor with a vine arrow across the street (right image above). This makes you able to avoid picking the door to Mort’s Pre-Need Store, since I prefer minimizing those.

Looting Rathran’s paint shop was the final task. From there I continued northwest, back to where I first entered Market District and ended the mission. Perfect Supreme success!
    Last edited by klatremus; 1st Jan 2021 at 11:05.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I meant my last report of 2020. Also video has been made private, so I can't watch it.

Edit: Oh, I get it. You probably linked to segmented run, which wasn't uploaded yet.

I figured you did, I was just messing with you.
    Thanks for noticing that link. You are right the segmented run will be out later today. I fixed it.

Game: Thief 1
    FM: Lost Among the Forsaken (TDP20AC)

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 1:48:28
    Loot - 4790/4790
    Pockets Picked - 8/8
    Locks Picked - 12
    Consumables - 1 Water Arrow (to bless the casket in the catacombs)

Loot list here!

Comments:
    The first report for 2021! I had wanted to try DrK’s entry in this contest ever since the results were in and the anonymous authors were revealed. An obvious throwback to The Haunted Cathedral, and in my opinion a huge improvement at that. A tense, confusing, but well-built map chock-full of nostalgia. Lots of loot in hidden places rewards those with a keen eye for detail, but can be a real challenge for inexperienced taffers. This mission comes highly recommended!

Cutty had tasked me to locate his informant Harren, dead or alive, in the ruined Sealed Quarter. Entry was in a district called Lower Hilrem, where I also was to find a relic by the name of the Right Arm of St. Lucard, as well as 2,700 worth of valuables. Lastly, I was to make my way back out of the quarter. The loadout screen offered another objective by way of purchasing a contract for 50 gold. It required the pickup of 6 out of 8 relics from the Sealed Quarter. It couldn’t be completed for Supreme, as purchases are not allowed for that mode, but I bought it for regular Ghost.

The Sealed Quarter
    The only area of concern before reaching the abandoned part of the city was the thieves’ hideout. After their conversation, one of them soon left, only to return not long after. The other one stayed in the initial room and did small patrols there. He had three stopping locations, to the east, west and south. When in the eastern spot, I could leave through the double doors (see image below). Outside I still had to be careful, as the gates were see through, and the first thief ended his patrol just beyond them. I thus quickly ascended one of the wooden rafters using a rope arrow. From here I could leap across the chasm to the ladder on the other side. Ladders can break a fall from any height; strange but true. Don’t try that one at home though.

A few pieces of loot around here, but no enemies. The toughest one to find was high above some pipes in the southeast. I had to make good use of my rope and some mantling to get the candlestick up there (see image).

The switch in the power station raised three nearby gates. I couldn’t proceed without raising them, so I had to pick up the key from the thieves first. Turning on the power also switched on the lights in the area. That doesn’t go against Supreme rules, only turning them off do. Luckily, only the lights in this part of town (which was devoid of enemies for now) turned on.

Found a hidden treasure cache in an apartment north on Sullensgate. The switch to open it was behind a crate underneath the stairs (see image above). Stealing the treasures spawned a sleeping zombie on the outside balcony. I didn’t realize this the first time through, scaring the living crappers out of me. Nice job, DrK. The crate I brought along and used to steal two purses off sleeping zombies nearby. One in a roof garden just to the south (left image below), and the other in the sewers beneath the adjacent power station (right image below). Zombies give growls based on proximity, but only at their height level. If slightly elevated, they won’t detect you, and thus crates can get you close enough to steal items off their belts. Just move as close as you can and drop (don’t throw) the crate towards the body. Then hop on top and lean over to grab the item. I think this is the first time I’ve ever had to use this tactic, so it was odd to do it twice in the span of a few minutes.

Coghill
    I had no issues besides some well-hidden loot until I got to Coghill. There were a total of five entrances, though only two were viable for Supreme. The main gate was only possible to open from the inside. The sewer entrance required picking a lock, which was unnecessary and I always avoid those. The cave entrance in the northeast had a falling rubble and wooden rafter piece triggered when passing. I treated those as traps and thus skipped that entry as well. That left two entries on the north side, both accessing the main hallway of the market.

Coghill had three main areas: the market, depot, and warehouse. None of these were difficult once you knew the patrols. The depot was most heavily patrolled, but enemy routes were fairly long and there was plenty of shade to go around. A conversation outside Craster’s bedroom yielded one more patroller in the southwest section of the depot, so it was highly desirable to clean that area first. The biggest problem was I needed three different items from the scrappers before leaving; Caster’s key, the warehouse key, and the Builder’s Scriptures. These would all have to be returned later, which required some planning. The warehouse was the toughest location, as the scrapper in here had a randomized patrol path. To begin with, he patrolled only back and forth between the door to the east and the closest shelving unit, so I thought that was the extent of his route, but then he suddenly started walking all over the place. There was a tiny ring underneath some nuggets on a cart in the northwest of the warehouse (see image). Tough to find that one.

On my way back out I could visit the cave to the north and get a silver nugget here that I couldn’t get earlier. This was the aforementioned cave with the falling rubble and board. I still couldn’t leave from this cave, so I reentered Coghill to exit by a different route. Also found a piece of loot in the market hidden behind a whole slew of crates. I did find a spot where I could lean in and take it though, without moving any of the crates. It would’ve been tough to replace all those crates for Supreme, as I was quite exposed.

Medwick Tower
    Made my way north through the stables and furthermore west on Thorin Floodgates. There was a piece of loot I thought I could get from this side, a ring behind a chair in a ruined loftspace, but a stationary zombie blocked the inside of the door to the adjacent building (left image below). I could sneak through the window, but I got a first alert inching over the inside footlocker. I had to go south on Trystane Alley to find a different entrance instead, a caved-in floor above a flooded basement (right image below). This set me back some, as the streets outside were heavily patrolled. I eventually hopped into the waterway and accessed the back entrance to the power station on DePurcell Street.

This mission’s biggest challenges came in the area surrounding Medwick Tower. The main problem was the flaming spirit. It was stationed on a lookout extending from the inaccessible church. It was facing south, but could spot me anywhere in the southern half of the tower area. The fallen tower was split into three parts, each piece of which had loot. The two northernmost ones were easy enough to take; the main issue was obtaining the rug in the tower’s base to the south. There was also a patrolling burning skeleton on the ground level, but that could easily be timed to circumvent. I mantled the tower on the north side of the middle piece. I approached the flaming spirit’s back by traversing the eastern rim. I could even do a small run onto the northeastern most corner of the tower with the rug without getting spotted. I couldn’t jump or mantle up here, only run. Mantling onto sloping surfaces usually doesn’t work that well. I could quite easily hear the spirit intensify its flamy emissions once first alerted. The next part was the most difficult. See the screen capture below to the left for my route. I had to inch down the steep northern rim of the tower until I reached the lowest point. The best method was to crouch-strafe up the slope. Due to the steepness, this actually made me slide down, but it slowed me enough not to get spotted. I couldn’t drop inside the tower itself, as such a speed enhancement was enough to set off the flaming spirit. Once at the bottom, I inched over towards the west until I could lean in and highlight the rug (right image below). Going back to the northeast corner was easier, as the upward slope naturally slowed down my movement. From there I could drop north and to ground level without further complications. Excellent!

The Catacombs
    If doing things in a certain order, the catacombs only had one problem: getting out. Four haunts spawned once I triggered the Harren objective, but that could be delayed until the very end. There was a proximity trigger close to Harren’s body that triggered the script, but everything else could be done before that. I grabbed all the loot first, then picked up the hammers from the bottom pit. I then placed the hammers on the casket to open the tomb, and finally blessed the two remaining graves in order to extend the tomb bridge. I had to use one water arrow in the process, but that is allowed for Supreme, as long as it isn’t used to douse torches. I could now return the hammers to the lower level, which did not close the tomb back up, by the way. I obviously couldn’t hang the hammers back on the wall, so I dropped it on the ground below. That is ok for Supreme. The rule says to return items to “the nearest logical place”. I also grabbed the scripture book before taking the tomb treasure, since I’d have to return it to Coghill later. Taking the arm started closing the tomb entrance, but I had plenty of time to get out of there. I didn’t count the door closing on its own a trap, and thus not a bust to Supreme. I believe the rule refers to traps that are directly meant to inflict pain or kill you instantly, like spitfire traps, falling boulders, or spiked ceilings. Besides, I already opened the door, so it was in my best interest that it closed back up, in order to remove evidence. Furthermore, without having checked in Dromed, it seemed like the scenario is a script linked with obtaining the arm of St. Lucard. If so, this makes it highly comparable to taking of the talisman in Undercover, a well-known setup where there is no possible outcome where the player can avoid alerting the enemies. I vote no bust, but I’ll leave it up for debate.

Before triggering the haunts, I placed my second rope arrow (the first was still hanging from the entrance hole) above the doorway to the east on the middle level (left image below). There was a wooden plate above each doorway, perfect for rope attachment. I could mantle the broken walkway here and wait outside the doorway on the north side. This spot was dark and I could observe the haunts in peace. One patrolled the walkways on this level, but it never ventured over to the eastern side. A second patrolled the staircase between the top and middle level in the southwest. The third circled the mossy cave at the top level. Finally, the fourth only stayed in the tombs to the north on the top level and was the least of my worries. Climbing the rope from the middle to the top level left me very exposed, so I had to time the two closest haunts well. I got it alert-free on the third attempt. From here I could monitor all haunts from the eastern end of the top cave. In the screen capture below to the right, the three visible haunts all have their backs turned (the farthest is heading down the stairs), so this would be a perfect time to go.

Up above I had previously attached the rope far to the west on the beam, so that when I climbed back up, the beam would cover me from the street lamp to the south. Several new enemies had now spawned in the streets, probably from taking the treasure in the bottom tomb. Medwick Tower now had an extra patrolling apparition, with seemingly the same route as the burning skeleton. During my test run, the apparition was in hunt mode when I ascended the rope, but this time it hadn’t alerted. I thought it might have spawned in hunt mode, but users on the forum had already confirmed that it didn’t. The only item left to take in this area was a tiara in the white tower to the southeast. It was a little tricky getting back down without taking damage or being seen by the flaming spirit, but I found an angle where I could land in a direct mantle and also stay concealed.

I mostly utilized the sewer system in order to get back to Abberton Street. I had a detour to Coghill to return the Builder’s Scripture, the warehouse key, and Craster’s key, in that order. One new patroller had spawned in the sewer system, and two new ones on Abberton. I remembered to shut off the lights at the power station, which also reclosed the three gates I opened the first time I was here. I also locked the power station door and returned the key to the thieves’ hideout on my way out.

Awesome mission!

My score: 27/30

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Good job! I really didn't think supreme ghosting was possible considering I've put countless AIs spawning in there, and the rough layout in some places.

Once you know that AIs spawn after the catacombs, you make sure you do everything you can before. Then it just becomes going home that's the issue, and the map is non-linear enough to give you many possible routes. So that wasn't actually a problem. I'll do a recording of this when I get around to it. Have at least two other missions to do first.

ASCEND THE DIM VALLEY

Thief Gold mission released last year. Really nice looking partially city mission, but mostly mansion mission. Lots of guards. Also sound is going through walls and mansions have a lot of turns, so you can't judge where is guard at the moments by listening to the footsteps. This may be flaw of the mission, but also makes very interesting gimmick for ghost run.

It wasn't very difficult mission to ghost. The most of problems I had was getting Keeper's key from woman newly spawned in 1st part of city. I roped down from Supraward's Mansion and dropped on ground. Luckily drop doesn't alert her. I needed to wait behind door for her to leave, then steal her key and go back to rope.

I also wanted to properly ghost Vault of Supraward's Mansion, but guard got stuck on wooden ledge near levers while looking on wall. So ghosting him was not a problem. There is also guard at the top of city guarding entrance to top of Vizier's Mansion. I needed to jump on stone railing on the left and immediately jump again to the other side of hole.

STATS:

Time: 1:18:21; Loot: 5282/5800
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 3

Last edited by Galaer; 27th Jan 2021 at 16:44. Reason: noticed mistake in stats

BRUDER SNUCK

Very short german only mission. It's pretty challenging mission though. You need to grab Talisman of Air, scroll and 500 loot and loot objective is the hardest. Police officers are neutral, but you need to be careful of thieves inside Tavern.

Grab 3 water arrows and go into Tavern, grab 2 bottles from tables and lean forward for 3 coins on counter. Bottle on counter is out of your reach in well lighten part of room observed by 2 thieves. Return outside, mantle on crate and enter storage. Go downstairs.

You need to douse left torch, dousing right torch will 2nd alert thieves in storage on the right. That's your 1st target. You need to douse torches on both sides - for some reason it doesn't 2nd alert thieves. Then you need to nudge 2 thieves on both sides to get to loot. On left side are 2 bags of spices. On right side are 3 statuettes and switch under skull. Go to door you skipped earlier. Inside grab Air Talisman, scroll, purse and ring from skeleton's hand. Only loot objective isn't completed yet.

Return to 1st floor and walk behind thief. Dodge him from left and enter last room. Go behind thief on the left and nudge him a bit forward. Then go to his left side and lean forward to grab coin stacks on shelf behind other thief. I managed to get 2 coin stacks out of 4. I was so happy that I didn't try to get all 4 and mission ends after completing loot objective.

STATS:

Time: 0:08:07; Loot: 509/583
    Pockets Picked: 0/3; Locks Picked: 0

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. While getting 2 coin stacks from shelf in 1st floor bunk room may be possible, getting bottle from counter in Tavern isn't.
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Dousing torches, nudging and 1st alerts are involved.

CELL 6

This is undercover mission in prison. You can visit most of the places and guards will ignore you. Still you must be careful to not get spotted in any offices and library. Also guards may alert if they spot you riding elevator to Warden's Office. Also they will alert if they spot you using lockpicks even for a very short time during turning. But they only alert when they see you do that, they will ignore noise made by lockpicks. Also AI can turn on lights. And for ghosting, failing it is indicated by failing undercover objective.

STATS:

Time: 0:32:26; Loot: 3610/4165
    Pockets Picked: 5/5; Locks Picked: 14
    Secrets: 1/1

SUPREME GHOST: POSSIBLE

A DARK SECRET

BEGINNING

Mansion mission. Pretty tricky to ghost, but thanks to it I discovered new mantling technique. There is a lot of nudging too. 1st area is easy. Patroller will walk to the gate and stop there. In tavern I'm forced to skip 3 coin stacks and chest with moss arrows, because they are in passage behind banner and guard is looking at it. I'm going along right wall to guard post near gat. Inside I need to nudge guard left into corner near door. There is metal floor and I don't have any moss arrows, so I need to move very slowly to push him.

Path through sewers is easy. Just go left slowly, take water arrow and climb rope to next area of city. Looting it is easy and in the end you must drop into canal and enter basement. Basement is easy to ghost. Only few patrollers and lots of shadow.

FIRST FLOOR

At the beginning you need to nudge servant left as close to sink as possible. To grab plate from sink you must mantle on counter, drop on it's edge and lean above plate. Then run into corridor. Since all patrollers are walking right, I also gonna walk right. In dining room you must douse 2 side torches to get all loot from tables. In next room you must nudge drunken guard slightly forward, so you will manage to lean for vase. Next room has guard looking at 2 chests, both have loot, so you need to nudge him forward.

To get to Exhibition you must douse 2 torches: start from far away torch, go to edge of shadow and lean right to douse 2nd torch. There you will find Mask of Eternity. In barracks there is 4 coin stacks behind banner and plant. Afterwards visit 2nd floor.

SECOND FLOOR

Use the same strategy like on lower floor and go right. There are some long picklocks, but only patrollers can spot you. In rooms there is no opponents and you will get more moss arrows, loot and finish 2 other objectives. Also behind banner in one of rooms is tiara and 2 diamonds. Return to entrance and moss path towards pool. Run to it while being barely behind 1st stationary guard. Very slowly enter pool. There are 4 big coins and 4 water arrows. Run back to shadow.

ESCAPE

The intended way out is by using back door and front door, but near it are 2 guards and no shadow. So you need to nudge both of them to the other sides of street in order to get to shadow on bridge. Not gonna lie, it feels like the whole nudge can take few hours. The other way out is by using entrance way, but street ledge is a bit too high to mantle out of water. Luckily I discovered it's actually possible to mantle out of water.

So go back to basement and grab crate. Return to canal, while under east street ledge and while being under surface, drop crate. It will slowly swim up on surface. Crate isn't solid, but for some reason it allows mantling, but in the end you fall through it in water. I positioned myself on south side of crate near the middle, looked in NE direction and mantled. During mantle I turned right towards ledge and my mantle was continued up to it. After mantling on ledge I quickly moved forward to not fall from it's edge.

Not much is left, you need to go east towards wooden guard post. Let patroller to go away and don't left guard from post spot you ( hide behind corner of the post). Douse torch and flip lever to open 2 gates. You can finally return to starting area. Go along left wall and enter Keepers house to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:48:15; Loot: 3921/4136
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 9
    Damage Dealt: 1; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must skip 3 coin stacks (15 loot) hidden in passage behind banner observed by guard in tavern.
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

FORTRESS BY THE SEA

In this mission you can't KO anyone, so you need to ghost this mission. Because of that I decided to do ghost report based on test run. That's why my time is so long, I needed to figure things out and I managed to barely complete loot objective (1800 loot). Mission has some long picklocking. Ghosting is easy.

Problematic may be fire path from beginning. Wait for 2 flames to vanish and run past them along left side. Stop at the middle and wait for other 2 flames to disappear. There is also purse behind banner in Barracks. You can't grab it through purse, but on the left side is visible gap, which allows stealing purse. After opening front gate fight will occur outside. That's why in my stats there are bodies discovered.

STATS:

Time: 0:50:02; Loot: 1824/2114
    Pockets Picked: 4/10; Locks Picked: 17
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 5

THE HAND OF GLORY

Mission isn't very difficult to ghost, but there is a lot of picklocking. The biggest problem is ghosting Chapel, because there is a lot of patrollers on both floors walking through it. I skip basement for later and fall into spiders cave. The biggest problem there is getting nugget near 2nd green spider. You must drop on right side of small spider, move to rock and lean for nugget, then return and mantle on ledge. Mansion again wasn't very hard either. After getting Hand of Glory I used window to get back to Hammerite Temple and loot basement. Then finished this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:34:38; Loot: 3219/3451
    Pockets Picked: 3/5; Locks Picked: 21
    Damage Dealt: 1; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

THE GOOD SAMARITAN

Showcase of resources made by Sluggs. Impressive, but not very fun to play mission. First of all, I have no idea how to beat this mission. I never found any escape point even though I completed normal objectives. I have no idea if I need complete extra quests (they don't appear on objective screen or anywhere other than 1 second of indication on screen that you got new quest). So I'm gonna try to complete normal objectives without any 2nd alert and avoid triggering special tasks, because they usually lead to ghost busts.

STARTING AREA

At the beginning you get information that you need at least 1 water arrow and 1 vine arrow. I bought 2 arrows of each kind. Swim under thief and try to grab his purse. Wait for randomly turning thief to look away and mantle on ground. Mantle on shopping cart and grab 2 coin stacks. You aren't safe anywhere, so quickly go west, crouch and go over entrance pipe to SW corner of building. Here you are safe.

When thief will look away shoot vine arrow into wooden beam above your head. While low on vine you can still be seen by thief. Higher you may be spotted by patrolling above archer, so be careful. Jump to SW corner near hole in window. This way you will not slide out of ledge. Grab key through hole. This completes 1st objective. Return to vine and jump on SW corner on higher ledge. On opposite windowsill is ring. Return on vine and slowly descend to water. Hide in shadow and swim to Tunnel #2.

HIGHER GROUND

Climb 1st ladder and grab grate. Go down and swim slowly to 3rd ladder. Climb and drop grate there. Return to 1st ladder. Here is Keeper and patrolling archer. Patrolling archer can stop on end of his patrolling route and then looks towards canal below. He can also stops at the middle and then he looks towards ladder we used to get here. Keeper on the other hand will spot us after few seconds and go into silent search mode. In other words, he doesn't shout, he doesn't alert anyone, he just tracks us and that's all. Safe places are located in shadow near ice cream shop, on steep stairs (thief below can spot you when going up though) and SE corner from ladder.

First go to ice cream shop and read note on door. Keeper will go into search mode (ghost bust #1). Take letter from mailbox and use it on mailbox on top of steep stairs. Go inside. Open Tunnel #1 and use fire extinguisher, so later new guard will walk slowly though corridor near control panels. You should have Office key in your inventory. Use it on door, grab trophy and bag. New guard will spawn and he has a purse. Return all the way to canal and swim to Tunnel #1. There is purse in water. This completes loot objective and I have no idea what to do now. This took me 10 min 30 seconds so far and collected 1100 loot out of 1130.

QUESTS

So during my ghost run I noticed last voodoo symbol, which I missed. Getting to it allowed me to complete the mission. In other words there is no escape point. Escape objective requires completing all quests. The problem is I don't know for 100% what are the actions that completes some tasks. And I don't feel this mission, so I'm gonna mention possible ghost busts regarding completion of quests. So far I just beat 1 task with letter. This was necessary to complete loot objective.

VOODOO SYMBOLS

There is 6 voodoo symbols to frob. 1st is behind gasoline in starting area and you will be spotted by Keeper (ghost bust #2). No idea if also by civilian, but if it will happen, then thief will also alert. You also need 2 crates from here. They slow you down. You need to go table near ice cream shop and do the stack. It's not easy, because of bug where you can put crates very far away from Garrett. Also jumping in place on crates will hurt you for some reason. From stack jump towards west building to frob 2nd symbol. Noise from jumping will alert Keeper (ghost bust #3) and who knows, maybe even archer.

Symbol #3 is on 2nd ladder. Symbol #4 is on 3rd ladder, go east along left wall to reach it. 5th symbol you reach by going west. You need to shoot vine arrow into metal pipe and it's loud. It will 2nd alert Keeper with lantern (ghost bust #4). Last symbol is at the end of Tunnel #1. Use switch near spider, it will create explosion and alert this spider (ghost bust #5). Use switch on the other side, go down and there is 6th voodoo symbol.

LEAKING PIPE

Go very close to leaking pipe near spider. Enter hangar, this will launch alarm every time you open it (ghost bust #6). Use valve.

MASK

In hangar is envelope. Read it. Return all the way to starting area and enter building. The thing with this teleport is - it works perfectly fine first time, but next times you need random amount of seconds to enter or leave it. I have no idea what trigger teleportation in and out of building. Use Apartment key from 1st objective and take key from red book. When you leave apartment, Keeper will spot you (ghost bust #7). Near him is crate you can open and grab mask. It works like junk and it slows you down. Return to hangar (ghost bust #8) and put it on table. No indication that quest got completed, but I guess that's over.

DEWDROP

Near ice cream shop is trashcan with Dewdrop inside. This will trigger new quest and also alert Keeper (ghost bust #9). Go to apartment and read book on chair. Leave apartment, Keeper will spot you again (ghost bust #10). Shoot water arrow into machine above gasoline. Not only it's damage property, but also it will alert everyone nearby (ghost bust #11). No indication, but I think this task is over.

FINAL NOTES

It's possible to combine quests to lower amount of ghost busts, but it's also possible that it will be increased by alerting other enemies than Keepers. That being said I must declare this mission as impossible to ghost.

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

HOME SWEET HOME

Last mission made by Lady Rowena based on Ambush. Not very difficult to ghost. I had some problem with getting flute from Market Square, because there is slow drunken patroller there and through square are walking 3 other patrollers. I had also problem with getting to Mr Talbot's room via window, because you need to unlock it and not get spotted by novice walking between kitchen and bell tower and 2 Hammerites walking around Hammerite Compound. So I needed to use one lockpick, then drop on side of wooden beams, wait for patrollers to go away and use other lockpick.

Hammerite Compound is also tricky. I entered kitchen while walking behind novice and hid on ladder. To get to Vault you need to wait for 2nd floor patroller to go south and quickly run to unlock door. You have barely enough time. Other than that I also had problem with getting purse from patroller in front of Zack's House. I took it from inside via main entrance after he met with front door guard. He stops for couple of seconds to talk with him and also there is 2nd patroller without purse. Other problem was taking purse from Market Square patroller, because of how many patrollers there is.

I skipped secret on Winding Road, because it requires cutting banner. Besides it doesn't have any loot. It just has paintings showing next missions (based on Haunted Cathedral and Sword) that she worked on. At the end of mission you are forced to grab statue of Unknown God. It's a fake that rises pressure plate that launches alarm and closes portcullis. Even if you put statue immediately, alarm will not stop. It's related to the story and there is no guards to alert to that. There is only one noble who ignores alarm and starts scripted conversation. That's why I don't count that as a ghost bust.

STATS:

Time: 1:19:39; Loot: 10326/10426
    Pockets Picked: 14/14; Locks Picked: 38
    Secrets: 7/8

TORBEN - THE TRAITOR

OUTSIDE

Short mansion mission. It's funny that old missions are usually much harder to ghost than modern missions. This one is no different. You start by climbing on top of well. Steal Backdoor key from patroller and quickly hide behind well. Patroller will walk to opposite building. There is some loot (3 chests and 2 coin stacks). Unfortunately there is also guard looking at door in fully lighten room. No way to ghost it. In front of gate is turning guard. Wait for him to turn towards gate and quickly run to metal door to mansion.

FIRST FLOOR

Hide in shadow behind stationary guard and douse 2 torches. Nudge him a bit left, then go to the edge of shadow, lean left and douse 3rd torch. Steal Level 1 key from patroller and go along wall to door. Go to kitchen and grab 6 bottles. Wait there to steal patroller's Basement key. You can enter there to grab loot from 2nd chest, but for sword you need Torben's key. Wait for stationary guard to turn left and climb on 2nd floor to shadow behind column. Be careful, there is another patroller walking from front door (near stationary guard) to the end of corridor on 2nd floor. He can spot you. You can hide under stairs.

SECOND FLOOR

Right side of column has marble floor for no reason. Also in front of you there is stationary guard. He's turning towards you and forward. He can randomly choose right or left side to turn in other direction. There are also 2 patrollers visiting this area. I already mentioned one of them. Second is entering door in front of stationary guard leading to bedroom. Walks to dining room and leave through other door near 2nd stationary guard and walks to 1st stationary guard again. In bathroom near bedroom is Torben. He's standing looking towards entrance. He's impossible to ghost in order to KO and there is objective to kill him. Loud death leads to 1st stationary guard going into search mode. He's alerting everyone nad walks to bathroom. Since there is nowhere a good hideout, you will be discovered by guards.

To prevent that I decided to nudge stationary guard away. So I doused torch near door and 2 torches on stairs. I gave me barely enough shadow, so I hid in corner near guard and patroller could only 1st alert to me. I tried to nudge him. With 2 patrollers I had 10-15 seconds time to nudge him. So there was a lot of waiting. Eventually I nudged him outside shadowed area, but his random direction of turning became especially annoying. So I decided to just KO him (ghost bust #1) and hide his body in shadow. It's probably possible to nudge him all the way to the other wall, but also very frustrating and eventually when I would start approaching other wall, time for nudging guard would shorten. Also I have no idea if this would avoid alert from killing Torben.

So patroller 1st alert to body of other guard placed in shadow. In bedroom is ring and necklace on shelf, goblet, candlestick, purple box, blue chest and vase. Sometimes you can be not spotted when hiding under behind unfrobbable candlestick. In dining room are 2 bottles and 2 goblets. You can hide on the right side of entrance or in fireplace. After patroller will leave go to bathroom. Lean left for short time to kill Torben with broadhead arrow. Steal his key, 3 bottles and goblet. Hide his body and return to guard's body. Hide it in shadow under stairs.

ESCAPE

Go to basement. Go along left wall and wait for stationary guard to turn right. From last room take Sword from the Guild and use lever opening front door. Go there on street and close door behind you. Now you need to nudge front door guard left. When you will nudge him closer to building you can get spotted through window by guard leaving basement. So look out for that. After nudging just go to sewers to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:35:47; Loot: 1375/1609
    Pockets Picked: 3/4; Locks Picked: 1
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 11; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

GHOST: FAILED, but maybe it's possible
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must avoid well lighten building near start with 3 chests of loot and 2 coin stacks on table, because guard is looking at door.

Thanks for the reports, Galaer. Nice to see you back in action!

I'm not that entirely back. After playing update of Raven Creek I plan to do casual ghost runs of contest entries and afterwards I will go fully with ghost reports.

FM: T2X Mission 4: Shadowing the Enemy

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 42:02
    Loot - 894/894 (Supreme: 684)
    Pockets Picked - 4/7
    Locks Picked - 5
    Consumables - 1 Moss Arrow (regular Ghost only)

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    Although a simple mission by premise, in terms of gameplay mechanics, Shadowing the Enemy is actually quite complex. Visiting a train station is something I haven’t seen done before, but both the location and the moving train itself are both quite believable. I love how all the missions so far seamlessly tie together Zaya’s story of vengeance. The Free Traders are effectively established as the main antagonistic group, although perhaps somewhat stereotypical. Two thumbs up for this one!

My main goal was to follow the smugglers to the train undetected. I had to get on board either by presenting a stolen ticket or sneaking on unseen. Once there, I was to wait for the carriage to start in the sitting room in the rear car. Only the smugglers would alert to my presence unless I was caught somewhere off limits.

Cog Carriage Station
    The hardest piece of loot in the entire mission was in a footlocker in the control room to the north. First, this area was restricted, and I could bust if I got caught picking the entrance door. Two mechanists patrolled the foyer outside, but one of them was involved in a conversation to the south of the station, so I made sure not to trigger that until I was done with this area. The other patroller was easy to dodge by himself.

In the first control room was a patrolling iron beast. It had a predictable route and could be avoided fairly easily. It also entered the second control room where the loot was located. The loot was furthermore guarded by a pivoting camera at the eastern end. I could sneak around the corner a few inches before lighting up from the lamps, and prior to this point I was completely safe. Here I monitored the iron beast and planned a bit. LarryG (goldsla) way back in the day claimed he managed to run from this point to below the camera as it turned left, without triggering it to yellow (which is a second alert). He said the same move worked going back as well. I have never been close to making either of those moves, and this time was no different. I had to think of something else. Disabling the iron beast enabled me to experiment more freely, and I then discovered I could time the camera and get onto the control panels to the right (south) without any alerts (image below). The timing had to be near perfect, but it was well repeatable. From here I could wait for the next cycle and get underneath the camera’s blind spot. There were three grated tiles in the floor before the footlocker, and if I got onto the middle tile being crouched, I was safe from the watcher. I had to use the same two moves going back to the shade. The last stretch was by far the most difficult, because I was now closer to the watcher’s field of vision as it swung right. I found that it was necessary to start strafe-running a bit early, so that I emerged exposed with maximum momentum. I also couldn’t snag anything on the control panels or even slightly bump into the corner of the wall, as that would slow me down too much. It was a very hard move, but I repeated it Ghost clean. I couldn’t avoid a first alert from the camera though, where it made an audible alert indication, but stayed green and continued its regular movement.

Now for how to deal with the iron beast. Again referencing LarryG’s run, he said he had to block the robot in the western hallway using three crates. This is considered an engine exploitation and only allowed as a last resort, so I wanted to see if something else could be done. First, would there be enough time to get the loot while the robot was patrolling the room to the west? If so, I wouldn’t have to worry about the crates. For this to work though, I had to moss the control panels and the surrounding floor. If not, the leap onto the panels always alerted the robot. That crushed all hopes of getting the loot Supreme clean, so I skipped the whole control room for that mode. Once mossed, I waited in the shade for the iron beast to pass (image below), and on the first convenient camera cycle, I went for it. This time, the first three moves went smoothly, but the final stretch was a real test of patience. When I finally did it, I got no watcher first alert, and arrived about two seconds before the iron beast appeared in the doorway! Awesome!!

The only way to sneak onto the train unseen was to use a hidden chute in the aforementioned control room and drop onto the train’s roof in the main depot. I figured for Supreme taking a ticket was strictly speaking an unnecessary pickup, if you could sneak on board without it. However, there was no way to get to the chute without triggering at least a first alert from the watcher. Thus, obtaining a ticket would be required. One was located on a passenger roaming around the downstairs waiting rooms. It wasn’t in his pocket, but rather in his hand, so the only way to get it was to blackjack him and get it off his unconscious body. That was obviously not allowed for any mode.

The only other tickets were found on the ticket counter in the first foyer. A plaque in front of the counter said to stay away from the area behind it. There was an invisible line on either side that if crossed got me caught, but only if I had previously made my presence known to either the servant or the mechanist guard. They had seen me when I first entered the station, but since then had settled down. I don’t mean they had alerted and was looking for me, as they were both neutral, but enough time had passed where they would have forgotten my earlier visit. I found I could drop onto the ticket booth’s roof from either window above to the west (image above). Next I could slide down to the floor behind the servant. Both of these drops had to be silent, otherwise they gave alerts when I landed on the floor. Now they were unaware of my presence and I could lean in to take any of the tickets (image below). Weirdly, I could now sneak back out to the front without any reaction.

I could now trigger the conversation on the walkway to the south of the station. I had to enter this area to get the mission’s only secret and to collect the loot there. It required a vine arrow attached to a wooden ledge on the eastern wall of the lake (see image). I stayed concealed until the woman was gone and the hammerite guard faced away, otherwise they would alert to the shot. The secret study had an exit back down to the hallway outside the ticket foyer.

When showing the ticket to the depot guard, the mechanist arbalist on the east side of the train took a step forward, enough for me to pass by (see image). She also didn’t alert to my presence. If sneaking in, she is stationed farther back, blocking the entry. This requires a bit of nudging, which is only allowed as a last resort, so taking the ticket becomes the only viable option, even for regular Ghost. In NewDark, you can instead get past by mantling the railing.

This meant I could clean the back two cars in peace before the scene changed.

Choo Choo!
    I moved my way forward to the gambling car once the train started moving. A cleverly hidden gas arrow rested on the roof of the dining car (see image). Had to climb the ladder in the kitchen in order to reach it. Two stacks of coins on the first gambling table had to be skipped for Supreme (image below). The patron immediately went over and said “Hey, somebody must have stolen that!” Although it was clearly scripted, I took it as a first alert. His cue didn’t set off the other people in there, so I don’t think the game counts it as an alert. He never gave a settling remark either. However, if I took the coins right in front of him, he went to hunt mode and the mechanist guard started attacking. The goblet on the second table he didn’t care about, only the roulette money.

Had to skip grabbing the loot off the guard in the second left sleeping chamber in the next car (image below). He made a grumble entering from either side. I could take the purse through the balcony door, but that is an engine exploit and not allowed for Supreme. For Ghost it was just a first alert, so no big deal there. The two locked chambers in the rear of the car had to be entered from the outside if wanting to avoid picking the doors. Also, if you pick the doors, the keys worn by the passengers disappeared, which was strange. Same with the big chamber with the drunk nobleman. In order not to leave his door unlocked, I entered and left through the window. The last bedroom had to be picked open. I was able to get in by way of the window using a vine arrow and jumping from the adjacent window frame, but I couldn’t get back out that way. The rest was pretty straight forward. I reached the storage area below by frobbing the carpet in the last small sleeping chamber on the left (see image). Another gas arrow lay on a ledge on the roof of this car, reachable via one of the side ladders.

I then found the smugglers in the very front. The first time, I found one of them standing on the bench to the right. I then thought it was a glitch, but the next time he was sitting down. I realized that the first time I had been spotted with a first alert through the door. Since there is an open window in the door, the smugglers can see straight through it. If he saw me through the door, he would give the alert and stand up.

Sunnyport
    Once the train stopped, I followed the smugglers through the city streets. A couple of stationary guards caused some problems, especially the archer towards the end of the smugglers’ patrol, but I passed safely by crawling in the snow behind his back (image below). The last elusive piece of loot was hidden on the roof ledge of a ruined building just before the mission ends (see image). You can see the small statue from the ground. I mantled up from the broken wall section. That’s all!

Notes:
    - Had to skip the medallion worth 100 in the main security control room for Supreme. It necessitated using a moss arrow in order to avoid setting off the iron beast.
    - Skipped two stacks of copper coins worth 10 on the roulette table in the gambling car for Supreme. The patron gave a verbal cue, and although it was scripted, I counted it as a first alert.
    - Had to skip lifting the purse worth 100 off the guard in the nobleman’s sleeping car for Supreme. He made a comment opening either of the sleeping chamber’s doors.

FM: A Midsummer Night's Heist

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Failed
    Supreme Ghost - Failed
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:00:30
    Loot - 2867/3480
    Pockets Picked - 1/4
    Locks Picked - 8
    Secrets found - 1/6

You can watch my playthrough here: https://youtu.be/4ogAqHFxK5s

Comments
    After a year I've finally fulfilled my promise to Klatremus to record an attempted ghost playthrough after our discussion on the Inside at Last podcast. I was mainly inspired to tackle this particular mission after wanting to complete the "2 or less knock outs" objective, and halfway through I figured why not go the whole way and try to actually ghost the mission? I attempted to Supreme the mission as much as I possibly could, but I had to make concessions for disabling the security system (otherwise taking the main objective would set the alarms off and send out a 2nd alert to every guard in the damn building!) as well as one minor 1st alert mistake on my part. The mission can be completed, I think rather easily, with no 1st alerts at all by someone more used to the playstyle and better at managing their quicksaves.

I went into the mission believing it wouldn't be too difficult, but the patrols are tight and some rooms are very cruel with their allotted shadows and are often FILLED with tiles. Lots of quicksaving and quickloading on this one! A very cozy atmosphere on this mission and the premise is simple enough: Get in and steal the gem from this big snobby nobleman. I had a blast on this playthrough and I'm glad I finally tried it out!
    Last edited by Psych0sis; 1st Feb 2021 at 06:33.

I guess I should post the reports on the three missions I only made videos for, just for completion's sake.

Game: Thief Gold
    FM: The Sound of a Burrick in a Room

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 1:00:17
    Loot - 4553/4553
    Pockets Picked - 11/11
    Locks Picked - 14
    Consumables - 2 moss arrows

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/YP3ZAwh_GPA

Game: Thief Gold
    FM: Alcazar

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 10:18
    Loot - 3425/3425
    Pockets Picked - 1/1
    Locks Picked - 0
    Consumables - none

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/C6EkzqwCAcA

FM: Compulsory Egress

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Iron Ghost - Success
    Perfect Iron Ghost - Success
    Time - 55:48
    Loot - 10090/10090
    Pockets Picked - 5/14
    Locks Picked - 3
    Consumables - a number of water and moss arrows

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/FHs1MkrmzjU

Detailed reports will be back when I do more Supreme runs, I'm not abandoning those whatsoever.
    Last edited by marbleman; 5th Feb 2021 at 16:08.

The amount of ghosting videos and reports these days is jaw dropping! What a community we have!

INTO THE DARK FOREST

Huge mission. Unfortunately it's also quite empty. And it has some tricky parts. I think it's only possible to chemically ghost it. I need at least 2 breath potions and 1 invisibility potion. That's why I'm buying in shop 1 invisibility potion and 1 breath potion (though breath potions are easy to find). Also something I didn't realize when I first played this mission - you can rope to walls with small vines on them. They appear in most of this mission (in mines and forest). This will help you a lot in forest to grab extra loot, because loot objective is quite tight and loot is rare.

MINE - UPPER FLOOR

Go along wall to find gas arrow. Hide in shadow of blocked path and wait for patroller to pass. Run left and steal purse from Hammerite near fire. Enter mine. You are on highest floor. First go right, enter 1st cave and climb ladder up. In 1st room on the right is coin stack. Return to entrance and go left.You will pass ladder going down. I'm gonna use this place to change floors. Walk forward until you find door leading to storage patrolled by Hammerite. Go behind him to the end and from higher shelf take bottle. Return to corridor and enter next room, then go to priest's room. Here is secret book switch. It opens wall behind banner, but loot chest is a bit too far to open it. So I'm just triggering secret. Return to ladder going down and go to the lowest floor.

LOWER FLOOR

Go right and grab nugget near green spider. Go left into flooded part and turn right. Near lantern underwater is Prayer Book. Strafe swim into underwater tunnel and in last room is goblet. Return to surface. In next flooded room is golden hammer near bones and in last breath potion in chest. That's all for this floor, so go to middle floor.

MIDDLE FLOOR

First go left along wall and hide in shadow. Wait for patroller and steal his purse. Run inside corridor Hammerite came. In next room is worker that walks between storage part and well. If he's in storage you can drop into well, which is the only safe place in this room. You can only progress through this room if worker walks away from well and then quickly run to next corridor with shadow near rock. And you need to time all this with Hammerite.

Next you must go to kitchen. You are safe in shadow in front of door. Here is woman patrolling this room and waiting in one place a minute, then going into next place. In next room is priestess doing the same and she also can spot you. You can rope up to wooden beam above fireplace to grab breath potion. Drop on the other side and take goblet and bottle. Then sneak to priestess room and steal her purse. Return to entrance to this floor and this time go right.

Go along left wall and steal purse from archer. Next is diamond under fence. Continue to next archer. Archer on opposite side can patrol, but for me he froze in walking position. Also dousing torches will 2nd alert both archers. Luckily you can drop from this ledge right and only this way you can enter forest without using invisibility potion.

FOREST - ENTRANCE

First you need to avoid 2 patrolling frogs by going on barely darker sides of small rooms. Next sections has 3 paths: right (progress path), straight (leads to waterfalls area and frog near nugget, which isn't available from this side, because frog will always spot you) and left (leads to nugget near spider, but spider is looking towards us, there is also another entrance to waterfalls area). Go left and quickly enter waterfalls area. Here is gas arrow, jump on rock and rope up on bridge. Right path leads to burrick forest, which from this side is impossible to ghost. Go left and grab nugget near spider. Return to waterfalls area, jump on rock and then on ledge. Return to the start of this area.

This time go right. There is hole in wall, which leads to waterfalls area above frog. Time to get nugget near it, which is the hardest loot to grab in this mission. You need to shoot couple of rope arrows into ceiling and last rope arrow somewhere at the middle of wall directly behind frog. Jump to this last rope and drop behind frog. Lean for nugget. To return to rope you need to crouch under it and uncrouch. Return to hole in wall. Continue to the other side of burrick forest. There are 2 patrolling burricks, but also shadow under right wall. Go to south passage.

RATMEN FOREST

Go past dead caravan. There is ratman patrolling path to next dead caravan. He can get hurt by swarm of flies, but he doesn't go into search mode because of that. Go past 2nd dead caravan. There is 2nd patroller, but you can drop down on tree and grab nugget under it. Next area has ratman patrolling it around, stationary ratman on south and another ratman and bugbeast from west area can visited it.

First go west, avoid 2 patrollers and grab nugget under north tree. Return to previous area. Time to go south. From west side I jumped on ledges (they can't be mantled) while stationary ratman wasn't looking in my direction. Bridge can be visited by other patroller. Drop on lower tree to grab nugget under it. In water are 2 water arrows (you can't mantle on ledge where nugget was located, you must jump on it instead). Rope up on bridge, avoid patroller and go to village. Hide behind house.

VILLAGE

In house is breath potion. Go along right side and drop down. Here is patroller who can enter bigger house. Go to left entrance. Use ladder and behind rock is nugget. Go to room with sleeping ratman and in bones is tiny ring. Opening door will wake him up. Take Tokra's Skull and use other door to exit. Go behind stationary ratman to 1st door and go around the whole area to the bridge. Shoot rope arrow into wall to descend. Ignore cave for now. Here is patroller, stationary ratman and 2 torches to douse. In 1st house is goblet behind sleeping ratman. To 2nd house you go along right wall. Inside is diamond behind barrel. Return to cave.

CAVE

Walls and ceiling are made out of stone, so you can't shoot rope arrow into them. First go right to 2 spiders room and rope up to top ledge with stationary spider. Weird thing about it is it occasionally spins slowly in one direction and during this spin it can spot you. During this spin run past it from right side and grab nugget. During another spin return to edge of ledge and drop down. Return to start of cave and this time go straight, left, quickly along right wall to 1st cave, then right.

On the right you need to rope on right ledge (leave rope there) and grab goblet. Rope up to left ledge with gas arrow. Drop on 1st rope, descend on ground and shoot rope arrow into lower part of ledge to retrieve 1st rope arrow. Go into opposite direction. Go left and grab nugget behind barrel. Go right and dive into water. In bones at the bottom is bracelet. Keepers are neutral. In their house is another breath potion. In next passage go straight and drop into water. Strafe run to exit it, drop to gas arrow, go past water to underwater passage. Here you will need to use breath potion, because strafe swimming isn't enough, but first at the bottom is nugget. Near the end of tunnel is another nugget and 2 water arrows.

Get out of water and grab purse near skeleton. Last part of this area is burrick cave. There is 1 patrolling burrick. First go along right, then you need to run between 2 burricks along left side of stone column to left wall. Go along it past next burrick, then go along right side of column to get behind mentioned burrick to right wall. Go along it to avoid last stationary burrick and enter Mage Compound.

MAGE COMPOUND

Outside is just earth elemental flying around and stationary fire mage in front of entrance (go along left wall to enter). Mage Compound is split between 3 areas: Fire Mages Area, Earth Mages Area and Water Mages Area. Path is quite linear and in 1st area there is nothing to get right now, so climb to 2nd floor and go left to Earth Area.

This place has 2 fire shadows patrolling this area and couple of earth mages. Very little loot, but there are 2 invisibility potion, which I need. First go left, behind pew is secret switch, which opens wall with invisibility potion. In dining room is candlestick on table. Return to secret and go in opposite direction to sleeping servant. In room near him is mage looking at bookshelf with invisibility potion and breath potion. Now you need to go west and find ladder going down. At the end of outside area patrolled by another earth elemental is nugget. Return to ladder and go north from it to Water Area.

Here is servant looking at the entrance. To ghost it you must use invisibility potion. Go west and grab candlestick. In next room is goblet and plate, next is vase on big table. Continue to locked bedroom. Inside is the only key in this mission and purse on another table. Go to last room and use secret switch in fire. Drop into secret passage and in safe you will find Secret Connections Scroll. Use ladder to open banner passage. Now you need to return all the way to Fire Area. Since I have still 2 invisibility potions I'm gonna use invisibility potion to go past servant instead of nudging him forward.

Go straight and use key to open 2nd door with 5 loot pieces inside. Loot objective completed and that's all for Mage Compound. So return to underwater passage, use breath potion and then climb to the very top of cave. Go right, then left and go to 1st passage leading left. In water near bones is nugget. Swim underwater to ladder, jump to 2nd ladder. Wait at it's bottom for worker to go away, climb up and hide in shadow. Time worker and Hammerite inside factory to enter it and go right on wooden floor.

HAMMERITE FACTORY

Go behind patroller into priest's room and lean for candlestick. Go forward, skip ladder for now, go past novice and use door leading to water under house. Moving slowly get to diamond. Return to ladder. Wait for patroller and steal his purse. Go on left side of pier and shoot rope arrow into wall. Descend quietly into water and walk along left wall. Get out of water and choose path leading up. Go behind patroller and again rope down into water. On the other side of water is land with rope leading to mine.

ESCAPE

Use invisibility potion to go past worker and go north. In next area is worker walking between storage nearby and north storage. There is also patroller going through this area. When worker walks north you must go behind him, but look out for tracks (they act as gravel). Quickly go past north storage and continue path north to ladder passage between floors. Climb up and go west to exit from mine. Lastly you must go past outside patroller and return to the starting point.

STATS:

Time: 1:24:25; Loot: 2797/3272
    Pockets Picked: 5/7; Locks Picked: 2

GHOST: CHEMICAL SUCCESS. Used 2 breath potions and 3 invisibility potions (only 1st use is absolutely necessary).
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Chest with 100 loot behind banner in mine is a bit too far to be opened without cutting banner.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast