TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 9) [SPOILERS]

KINGSBRIDGE

Winter city mission. Quite easy to ghost, because there is lots of shadow. There are only 2 situations where you need to time your picklocking with patroller: in prison and in balcony in Church Quarter. There are 3 situations where you need to be fast: to get to Tavern's Basement and to get to balcony leading to Count Crane's Mansion in Well Quarter and to get into Church. There is also tricky guard in Count Bearsley's Mansion, but again there is enough shadow to slowly get past him. There are 2 icicles in Bridge Quarter that you are forced to destroy, but after discussion in ghosting thread, it was explained that destroying icicles isn't damage property. To get out of Count Beardsley's Mansion I shot rope arrow into wooden part under wall near bucket. Below there is part of icicles barely sticking out of wall. From rope you can drop on it without destroying it. That's the only way to retrieve rope arrow without taking damage.

Now let's talk about flare objective. You get objective of dropping flares in front of doors of plagued people. This can be really precise. Dionysus' Flare should go under door with lantern. Crawford's should go very close to door on top of bridge. Candles Shop is the worst - there is very tiny spot where flare can be dropped - north side of doorway. Also I noticed that patrollers can alert to this flares when they see them the first time.

Next are new potions that you need to use. There is Bugs potion, which must be used to cleanse plagued people in their houses. Second is RatMen potion. Description in Potion Shop mentions that this is potion that Garrett can drink to change into rat and grab some loot under sofa. But in reality you can only use this potions on certain rats and you magically get teleported on the other side of small grille. Since it's not being shown that Garrett physically drink potions, I think it doesn't count as chemical use. Also it's optional to use this potion - you just get purse and Information Map needed for optional objective.

There are 2 objectives that require visiting 2 shops. There is also ladder shop that sells ladder. But you don't need to buy anything. Potions can be find and ladder isn't needed. I also use stolen broadhead arrow to get secret in Crypt.

In the end you will get 4 Ampoules. You have 2 ways of using them:

1. Make Ampoule Arrows and use them to cure Wanderers. To get to workshop you must visit attic above house for a key. Normally you would need to buy ladder, but it's possible to mantle on torch and then to roof. Wanderers themselves don't alert to us, so you can shoot them easily. One of them normally requires using another RatMen potion, but I found he can be shot through a grille. Shooting all 4 Wanderers will rid of plague and complete objective. Now you need to just sneak to your room in Tavern, but there are new patrollers in the city. Also this is a bed ending - Garrett gets plagued. By the way, I didn't use this way to complete this mission.

2. Use Ampoules on 4 fireplaces in houses in each district. Every time you use Ampoule on fireplace you hear sound of breaking it. But since it leads to completing objective of ridding plague, I think this damage property is excused. Afterwards city gate is opened, no new patrollers have arrived. To get through gate you must rope to nearby tower and use ground floor exit door, then strafe run along right wall past last gate. This is a good ending and that's how I completed this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:58:33; Loot: 1200/1200
    Pockets Picked: 2/5; Locks Picked: 17
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 7/7

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS

LIGHTHOUSE SHED

Small mansion mission, but you start without weapons, so you need to ghost it anyway. You also are forced to get all loot and there is eternal darkness gimmick, so finding all loot and switches was difficult.

At the beginning you must avoid spider walking on metal floor. You can walk safely on right side of corridor, but first gather 2 pieces of loot: lever above your head spawns diamond under your feet and there is golden hammer under left lamp. I don't use left stairs to get up, because it trigger conversation and archer will start patrolling 1st floor. Instead I'm using sewers to get to right ladder, then go into corridor and go left to bigger room with 3 holes (it's above starting point). On left side of left hole is switch opening secret passage to 1st floor.

Going left leads to laboratory. You will need to time archer and enter it. The problem is you don't hear him, guard's noise you hear belongs to completely different guard. There is bracelet on top of bookcase. One of objectives mention solving all puzzles. On of them requires you to read 5 identical books. One of them is in laboratory, other is at the end of nearby corridor - in gap, which I first thought it's just misaligned wall texture. You need archer to walk past door and quickly go for book and return into laboratory. To escape laboratory just unlock 2nd door. Going right will let you visit burrick cave with trophy. Burricks have really bad sight, so you can just go behind them to escape this cave.

Getting to 2nd floor is much harder, because of patroller using 1st floor door leading to stairs and other using 2nd floor entrance to stairs. So to enter you can wait behind 2nd floor door, but you must be aware that 1st floor patroller can spot you is he goes to window on stairs. You can also wait in front of 3rd floor door and when you hear patroller walking to window, you quickly descend to door. In corridor is another archer patrolling it. First loot left side. There is very hard to spot in darkness switch in corner of storage.

2nd library contains secret passage to 3rd floor. I have no idea where switch for it is other than lever inside passage. But there is a certain thing happening in this mission - guards patrolling corridors also open doors. This means that you just need to wait for 3rd floor patroller to open secret passage and use lever on ceiling inside it to prevent it from closing. From there you can sneak to window and steal goblet hidden on it's left side.

Roof is quite easy, because there is no guards. In one of storages you need to rope up to hole to grab Attic key from chest. After getting all loot, getting all keys, opening emergency roof entrance and reading book near it, you need to go to main entrance to 3rd floor. At the end of right corridor is secret passage you opened. The problem is there is marble floor everywhere and guard's patrol route end in doorway near secret wall. So it's impossible to sneak behind him. I used couple of moss arrows in 1st part of corridor leading to 1st door, then waited for guard to stop in front of window and quickly ran to secret passage. There I roped up and pushed barrel, so I could frob silver poker. Continue passage to roof.

Now go to 2nd floor to right corridor. In Workers Room there is hard to spot switch in corner on ceiling and book switch. Book switch unlocks passage to chest with fire arrow, but behind this chest is hidden urn. In 2nd room is bed that highlights. There is sack of potatoes later in this mission, but you can't use it, you can only drop it. Also it doesn't lead to any loot or puzzle, so I have no idea how to use potatoes. There is also book to read on lower bed. In last room is another book to read. Switch moves mat with hairpin lockpick and glasses. It's very difficult to frob glasses. You need crouch walk to highlight them and steal them.

Time to visit entrance to 1st floor and trigger conversation. Hide behind door. Above guard post is purple box. You need to rope up to it. Luckily guard will not turn in your direction. Open door to stairs and grab goblet. Use hairpin to open 1st door. To go through next door you need to get on pipe in corner. Don't mantle on it, it will make huge noise. Instead just jump on it and after opening door slowly descend. In secret passage you must solve 5 levers puzzle, then grab all loot. This is also last puzzle for objective. Use sewer hatch to escape.

STATS:

Time: 0:36:44; Loot: 4702/4702
    Pockets Picked: 4/5; Locks Picked: 7

PERFECT GHOST: FORCED

LORD G

Thief 1 Anniversary Contest mission. It's rather short mansion mission with really tight loot objective. I read in the thread there is unfrobbable goblet in hand of one of nobles at the party. It's worth 15 and it's not possible to be obtained. Therefore max loot for this mission is 4160 loot. Since loot objective requires collecting 4000 loot, you must visit most of the places. The hardest loot is at the party. To obtain 2 plates and 4 goblets behind guests you must turn off light and quickly run to grab it before female servant will turn lights on. In my run however she got stuck on nobles. Near fireplace are 3 goblets. To obtain them you must enter chimney from roof. Inside fall on south wall, which acts as ladder. Then douse fire below and quickly lean out of fireplace to grab 3 goblets before guests will spot you. The rest of loot is easy to grab.

STATS:

Time: 0:24:19; Loot: 4160/4175
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 4

Game: Thief 2
    FM: T2X Mission 5: The Redistribution Game

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 21:42
    Loot - 1394/1394
    Pockets Picked - 2/2
    Secrets: 1/1
    Locks Picked - 6
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - None

See the entire report with screenshots here!
    Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    This mission has a very nice premise and a fairly good execution. Unfortunately, it suffers from being too small and easy. Forced ghosting objectives are never a good sign for a missionís durability. Once you know the layout, the map becomes a walk in the park and most of the tension disappears. Architecturally, the smugglersí hideout is impressive, but I wish it was a lot bigger.

My first task was to find out if the Free Traders had any obvious enemies. Next, I had to get the names of the smugglersí boss and his next in line. I also had to obtain a map of the place, plus 750 worth of loot. An additional requirement was to avoid any kills, knockouts or detection, but the Ghost rules already enforced all that. It was time to get to it.

The Caves
    Interestingly, I didnít start with any rope or vine arrows, which is quite rare, and although one was available for purchase, Supreme rules disallow any pre-mission transactions. There was one rope arrow available inside the hideout, but I had a feeling I would be able to ghost this mission without it. Two entrances to the hideout existed. The closest one to the starting location required picking the lock on the main gates. However, this entry could be avoided entirely, so I wanted to take the alternate (and tougher) way in, through a top floor door at the docks. As Iíve mentioned many times before, I donít like picking locks that can be avoided, especially if they donít have a key assigned to them and thus canít be relocked. That was the case here.

Two smugglers had a conversation outside the main gates. However, I noticed it didnít trigger until I approached the patrolling archer. I could see when I crossed the invisible trigger line, as the archer suddenly deviated from his normal patrol route and headed over towards his buddy. I could avoid this conversation by taking the side cave down to the docks. If so, the conversation would start here instead, with the archer walking all the way over to this cave. I donít think Iíve ever seen that sort of setup for a conversation before, but it was quite intriguing. I used this to my advantage by triggering the conversation in the cave by the main gates, then running over to the docks via the side tunnel, thus having this entire cave all to myself (for at least 30 seconds). I could now traverse the rocky ledges up to the top floor entrance without worrying about the patrolling smuggler below seeing me (image below). He returned right after I reached the entry door. This conversation checked off one objective and added another one; I now had to find more information on the hammerites.

The Hideout
    Entered the hideout above the great hall. I skipped Neesonís quarters for now; I needed the square-toothed lockpick from downstairs first. Cleaned Grissamís bedroom instead. He was the second in command after Neeson. Looted the secret under the stairs next and put the crates back as I found them (first image below). I then got to the most difficult section in the mission. A smuggler was stationed in the middle of a hallway, randomly turning to face east and south. I had to sneak along the north wall of the hallway to his east in order to get in behind his back and slip into the nearby engine room (second image below). It was just a matter of him facing south long enough, Iíd say around 10-15 seconds. I guess it took me about 8-10 tries before I got it. Then during my recording for YouTube I got it on my first attempt. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Cleaned the dining hall and the kitchen across the hallway to the east next. Totally empty rooms those. Outside the kitchenís southern exit I triggered another conversation. This initiated the patrol route of one more smuggler, while the other one headed for a stationary spot further south. The patroller did counterclockwise rounds in the southern part of the compound. I reloaded and utilized their conversation to sneak up the hallway to the west. This took me up the stairs approaching the smugglers from the south. I could now enter the barracks from this side, something that wouldnít have been possible after their conversation was done. The stationary smuggler was then too close to the door and gave a first alert when it opened (image below).

The barracks had lots of goodies, including the aforementioned rope arrow. I left it be for Supreme, as I realized I didnít need it. More importantly, this room gave me information on the guy in charge, Neeson, and provided the square-toothed lockpick. Then took the same route back up to the second floor as I did coming down. Typically, this time I passed the stationary smuggler in the hall on the first try. Cleaned Neesonís quarter as the last stop. There was a patrolling smuggler that covered the hallway outside, but his route was too long to be of worry. Nothing of what I had picked up along the way was droppable, and thus not possible to return for Supreme.

I headed back out to the docks and stole the purse off the patroller here. That was the last item to pick up, so I finished by heading back to the starting cave.

MOUNTAIN MAYA

Tough mission, which sadly is impossible to ghost. There are some enemy encounters that are impossible to avoid. Also loot objective is really tight and 2 rooms with loot lead to ghost bust. But I need to visit one of them to get enough loot.

POLICE STATION

1st haunt is easy to avoid, but you aren't safe in corridor. And in next room is unavoidable encounter with haunt (ghost bust #1). In the same room is safe with note that gives optional objective to get Haunting Ring. I'm gonna skip it, because I will be too much occupied with running away from haunt, but also I don't think it's possible to get this ring without any bust. Ring appears in tunnels under Mechanists Area. Floor is gravel, there is good shadow, but ring is located behind ghost and fly swarm.

So I decided to run away from haunt outside. This also means that I will get spotted by next archer haunt (ghost bust #2), he will shoot an arrow, but miss or hit other haunt. I'm running outside. I had luck, because outside Police Station is patrolled by human guard and he was walking left, so he didn't get alerted. I ran north and left. I thought that haunt will not manage to descend, but he haven't any problem. So I mantled on statue and waited 2 min for haunt to calm down. Unfortunately it didn't happen, so I decided to jump and mantle on top of slope and run to the edge of shadow. I thought that haunt may have problems with ascending the slope, because I need to mantle on it. After few seconds he didn't show up, so I went to see what's happening. And he appeared, but he was just walking, returning to his room. Never saw this quick transition from haunt mode to no alert mode before. I waited couple of minutes, because I was worrying that reloading game will stop him from moving before returning to his room. On way back I noticed that haunt killed mentioned before human guard.

Normal path to 2nd floor of Police Station is blocked by haunt, but there is another way in. From main entrance go west and left to gate. You can frob lever through it.

MECHANISTS AREA

To enter higher floor you must nudge priest to right passage. Opening bathroom door near lockpicks room will usually 2nd alert engineer inside. You can avoid that by opening door, quickly closing and blocking it with your body. If done correctly engineer will not alert to it. Inside is silver drill. I didn't close door, because I was worrying that closing it will 2nd alert engineer.

Tunnels under Plumbing Room have mentioned before Haunting Ring and on opposite side - statuette. I also avoid for now entering Bar and picklocking Father Terrenas Room. Both of these situations lead to ghost bust, but I will need to visit one of them. I will wait with that until later. To get to Clients Area I need to go behind patroller and dodge her from left side. To get loot from Souvenirs Shop I'm forced to nudge guard forward. Next is 2nd exit out of Mechanists Area. Opening door no matter how will always 2nd alert Mechanist and because he's in the way I decided to KO him instead of nudging him (ghost bust #3).

REGULATOR

Next go behind patroller and stop under wall almost before lantern on opposite wall. This way you will not get spotted by either watcher and patroller. Go to opposite wall and along it go to golden plaque. Time watcher to go under it and hide under wall from another patroller. Go behind him and dodge him from left. Leave this door open and gates also leave open. Also soon you will need 2 moss arrows from entrance room of Mechanists Area. Grab Regulator.

3 haunts will spawn and last one will get attracted by noise of 4th haunt trying to destroy turret. For now you just need to dodge 2 haunts on metal bridge. Shoot 2 moss arrows on the side of haunts. 1st haunt is easier, because there is more shadow. You need to strafe jump above lava behind him. 2nd haunt is much harder. I went along left side, dropped on edge and tried to run forward while tapping right to not fall down and right after passing him I run right on metal bridge. This was very hard, it took me around 50+ tries, but it's possible.

You can't sneak past 2 haunts fighting with turret, but you can wait for human patroller to come. Weirdly enough he wasn't alerted to them yet. So he will engage battle with haunts, but because he's coming from direction haunts normally attack turret, most likely he will get killed. But there is small chance for guard to kill both haunts. And that's the only way forward. Afterwards wait few minutes for guard to return to his patrol route, move bodies away and enter vent. For sake of being safe I waited couple more minutes, then timed watcher to go under golden plaque. From here I waited for patroller who didn't spot me and went behind him into Mechanists Area.

GETTING LOOT AND ESCAPE

I tried to visit Father Terrenas, but he's hyper sensitive. He 2nd alerts to sound of opening/closing door, to my footsteps and he has also eyes behind his back, so I can't even enter his room without another 2nd alert. That's why I decided to go to Bar and because there is also more loot. Immediately barkeeper runs away, so I KO-ed him (ghost bust #4). Other drunkard completely ignores us. After looting this room I went to exit.

STATS:

Time: 1:02:11; Loot: 5501/5806
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 6
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 2
    Damage Dealt: 2; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1
    Secrets: 2/2

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

A NIGHT'S PROFIT

Pretty easy to ghost warehouse mission. There is interesting gimmick with adding values of gold in exchanging labels objective. There is only one code panel in Security Room, which can be annoying. When crossing corridors you need to worry about servant from Depot #12 and Rampone visiting his office. I only doused 2 torches leading to Docks. And you need to worry to not 1st alert patroller near Garrett's house when he's walking near stationary guard. Otherwise stationary guard will go into search mode.

STATS:

Time: 0:45:59; Loot: 2562/2562
    Pockets Picked: 13/15; Locks Picked: 14
    Secrets: 10/10

THE PRISON OF GARRETT

Prison mission with very tight loot objective. First problem is stealing key to power room from knight in room patrolled by 7 guards and no shadow. Luckily it's not that hard. After turning off light I can visit Temple to grab 1500 loot from chest. I avoid Armory secret, because it requires shooting switch on ceiling at the middle of corridor patrolled by 4 guards. You can shoot this switch only with broadhead arrows or throw a skull from cell with small Pagan girl. Unfortunately both methods 2nd alert patrollers, so I'm gonna skip this room, skip equipment, elevator key and also 2 goblets worth 100 loot.

Luckily elevator key isn't necessary, you can picklock elevator door. Ride up and wait for patrollers to walk away. Then open door and nudge knight away. Mantle through one of windows and climb to office at the middle. Inside sleeping guard has purse, there are 3 vases, goblet and coin on carpet between chair and lever. Under desk is key for big lever. Use it and escape prison.

STATS:

Time: 0:23:14; Loot: 2000/2100
    Pockets Picked: 7/10; Locks Picked: 5
    Secrets: 2/3

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must skip Armory secret with 2 goblets worth 100 loot.

RETREIVAL

Very short city mission where most of AI is neutral. When you pick up items in these neutral areas (marketplace, SPCF room, Hammerite Church) you will get a lot of 1st alerts. There are 2 tricky places to loot. First is 2nd floor office. You need to douse 2 torches and it's tricky to douse right torch without getting spotted. To do that I shot water arrow into right side of doorway. Second place is museum under Bakery. You must use big lever, so thieves will KO guard (they are friendly, by the way). But if guard has stopped too close to big lever, then he will spot you. In my run I was lucky and he was standing near cells. You also need to be careful of marketplace. Purple guards 1st alert a lot, but I think they will go into search mode if we get spotted by purple customer with purse.

STATS:

Time: 0:14:28; Loot: 2495/2495
    Pockets Picked: 4/7; Locks Picked: 0

RETURN TO THE LOST CITY

Mission uses the same city part from Night's Profit, but that's all. City and sewers are easy. Real challenge starts in cave system. First I have 2 underwater routes. For now I'm choosing NE tunnel. There is spider in tunnel. You can go past him slowly along right side, fall down and go to left wall. There is nugget near crayman, I waited for him to turn right, took it and slowly descend into water. I looted burrick ruins and went left. Next part is small spider cave with 2 spiders and medallion. Go along right wall to the edge of shadow and lean for medallion.

In temple there is another medallion and couple of loose bricks to remove from wall. In secret I'm going past rocks, then go along left side of ramp. Scarabs will go down and then return up. This is my time to loot tomb. I also douse 2 braziers near big door. To exit I'm just running to right side, mantling on ledge with statue and go along it past scarabs, then I'm going down on path.

Afterwards I'm going out via west path. There is stationary spider, but he has ability to turn (the same like spiders from Into the Dark Forest FM). You can ponly pass him along right wall and only when he's starting to slowly turn.

Next I visited 2nd passage above lava. It leads to Keepers Area. To open door you must shoot keyhole symbol above door. Water arrow just bounce out of it, but shooting moss arrow works. Inside are 2 pressure tiles easy to jump over. After reading Keepers book and getting Keeper key, I'm returning to 1st passage and move rocks away. It's possible to destroy them by throwing them into lava. Apparently it's not a damage property. But I just move them away. In lava room there is small race to exit before fire elemental will spot us. In ice cave you can destroy 3 large icicles (still not a damage property) to get 3 crystals (worth 5 loot each). Path leads to Water Temple.

Looting temple is easy, I'm also taking gear. Then I go to SW path leading to submarine for more loot, Karras - Din Transcriptions and 2 medallions. Then I'm going to south passage leading to craymen area for more loot and last medallion. Lastly I visit SE area and lean for nugget near flies. At the end of this path is spider and again pass him from right while he's slowly turning. Using gear is optional, because I'm jumping quickly left on braziers, then roping down to mine.

Mine is easy to ghost. Hard part is getting to loot near crystal below bridge on lava river. From bridge look down, equip compass and turn so gray triangle on compass showing NW position is looking up when you are facing crystal below. Crouch, and drop+mantle on crystal. This method avoids rock destruction with fire arrow, because I'm not sure is explosion alerts zombies from mine. Then just drop on swimming rock and walk with it to ledge. Return up. and go to big lava room.

Temple on the left is where Mask of Va - Taraq lies, but it triggers fireballs shooting out of lava. So instead I'm going right for loot. The problem is platforming over lava with 2 fire elementals and no shadow. But it's much easier than it looks and there is really no problem of getting any loot on road. The last one is urn in house in another lava area. Then go to temple, take mask and 3 gems. Then go through mine, turn on power (you need Wire found in chest near broken elevator in another part of mine). Then slowly go up to last spider and he's also last challenge.

Thanks to this spider I noticed what's the point of their slow turning. They change their stationary position that way. It starts with slow turning, then spider stops in new position, slowly turns again and return to initial position of looking. So wait for him to look towards you (stationary spiders are looking with their back, so it will actually look in different direction and sneak to shadow on the right and then to bricks. Quietly remove them. Now is the hardest part. You must strafe jump on crate floating on water without falling into water. Otherwise spider will hear you. It's really hard. I managed to jump on the edge of crate, then strafe jumped to ladder. On the street is patroller with purse and exit.

STATS:

Time: 1:17:49; Loot: 2010/2140
    Pockets Picked: 4/4; Locks Picked: 1

Great work again, Galaer! You ever tempted to do Supreme on any of these? As a practice for Shipping & Receiving?

Sometimes, I think to do supreme ghost. But then I see how many missions are unreported.

THE SCARLET CASCABEL

Winner of Thief 1 Anniversary Contest. It's a 2 mission campaign and it also got released in 2 versions. Version 1 is contest version while Version 2 has been released 1,5 year later. From what I noticed new version has less loot in both missions. in Version 2 Mission 1 has new areas and new objectives. On the other hand Mission 2 is mostly the same. Also in Version 1: Mission 1 can be ghosted while Mission 2 can't. In Version 2 it's pretty much opposite: Mission 1 can't be ghosted (though with new explanation of damage property rule maybe it can), Mission 2 on the other hand can be ghosted, because it removed the only bust from previous mission. But also it removed most of AI and don't raise alarm objective. So Mission 2 in Version 2 will feel less interesting than in Version 1.

MISSION 1 - MEETING AT THE SALTY STRUMPET

VERSION 1

First problem is getting to Village. Main entrance stairs are observed by stationary thief. It's possible to go past it by using jump acceleration with only 1st alert. It's also possible to mantle on big bush on the right from bridge. For that you actually need to shoot rope arrow high above bush, because it's hitbox is much bigger. So you are roping and mantling to air. I'm choosing first path.

Next challenge is getting purse from safe in Bank. Problem is it's possible for banker to get stuck walking into cabinet and if he does that you can't get purse. So you need to act fast, picklock safe, grab purse and return to shadow before he will return to his office.

The hardest loot to get is valuable book in glass case on 2nd floor of Library. From shadow you must go behind librarian upstairs, dodge him from right, quickly take a book, mantle on wooden railing, quietly drop on cabinet with books and on floor and quickly get back to shadow before librarian will turn around.

There is also cash box in Mining Shop. I needed to wait for merchant to turn right, sneak to other side of room, mantle over counter and hide there. From there I waited for merchant to turn again, picklocked cash box and left room. Also thief on terrace can be annoying just like couple of villagers walking on street, but some of them are neutral. Also there is passage on attic to room with valuable painting and 2 spiders. Dropping into this room quietly will take couple of tries. And you need to be careful to not get spotted by Lash patrolling his house.

STATS:

Time: 0:44:08; Loot: 3443/4120
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 24

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

VERSION 2

There is many changes to this mission. There is map. Max loot is smaller, but it means that there is many loot pieces that is just less worth, so mission feels less empty. There are secrets, but they don't appear in stats. There are bonuses, but they don't appear on objectives screen. There is less villagers on streets. Some AI are in new places and patrolling differently. Some areas are new or they have added new rooms. There are also places that vanished like house on top of hill. Exit path starts in different place. Placement of book needed for Hotel objective is different. Also some houses require finding different path. For example: to enter Mill you must go through mine instead enter directly through window. You can also frob douse candles.

Mentioned ghosting problems from previous version aren't problem anymore. Both paths into Village are more accessible. Banker doesn't get stuck on cabinet, because there is no cabinet. Librarian stays on 2nd floor and you can easily frob douse candlesticks. Mining Shop is empty. Lash stays in his bedroom. There is no thief on terrace of Inn.

So what are the problems now? First there is cash box under counter in Milk Shop. You must mantle over right side of counter while woman is looking away and picklock box. Second is getting to Psychic Shop. It requires entering basement. You must very slowly descend on gravel. Otherwise black spider will go into search mode. Then go right and hide in further corner of corridor. Wait for slow spider to go right, quickly go closer other spider and lean for purse. Then quickly return to dark corner.

Objective of getting Hotel Map is forcing you to enter Mill via Mine. To do that you will be forced to initiate explosion of barricade built out of boulder, wagon, 2 powder kegs, fallen wooden beams and 1 lantern. All this stuff will actually get teleported to different place and traces of explosion will teleport in. Author of this FM probably wanted to make explosion that doesn't alert the whole Village. That's why it still counts as damage property (ghost bust #1) and is unavoidable.

After getting Hotel Map you can leave through front door, which were open by air elemental (probably when I initiated explosion in Mine). Air elemental patrols outside, but also comes to ladder in Mill. To leave wait on top of ladder for elemental, go behind him outside and go left around Mill. Wait for elemental to enter Mill, then jump over river and leave this area.

STATS:

Time: 1:10:38; Loot: 2377/2604
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 21
    Secrets: 4
    Bonuses: 2 (Lash's Lobotomy and Daring Dwarf Discovery)

FM: T2X Mission 6: A Question of Knowledge

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Failed
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:12:16
    Loot - 1986/1986
    Pockets Picked - 4/4
    Secrets: None
    Locks Picked - 11
    Consumables - None

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    This is probably my least favorite mission so far in the campaign. A hammerite compound has been done many times before, so this needed to be something special if it was to impress. Unfortunately, it doesn’t. It is very easy, no hidden loot, no secrets, and several virtually empty outdoor areas. And how can this otherwise rule-driven faction ignore a gaping hole in the roof? The conversations and readables do a fair bit to redeem its replay value, but it’s not enough to save a mission that could’ve been so much more.

I was following the lead I got at the smugglers and breaking into Sunnyport’s hammerite temple. I had to identify and locate the high priest, as well as find out whether they were able to aid me in getting rid of my enemies. I was also to snag 1,300 loot along the way and make it back to the streets.

Had to enter through the small apartment in the west. Using the cathedral doors requires unnecessary key pickups (see image). Lurked myself through the side window, looted the place, and crossed the metal pipes to the damaged sanctuary roof (see image below). The hole took me to the second floor. A couple of loot items here were easy to obtain, two plates and a statue to be exact. Dodging the archer on the walkway wasn’t a problem at all. To reach the golden hammer near the bell tower, I needed the inner chapel key, either from the mentioned archer or the patrolling hammer downstairs. I headed down the stairs on the west side and waited by the door. Soon the guard strolled close enough for me to pick his pocket. I fetched the bell tower loot, relocked the door and went downstairs again. The urn from the altar in the room just north was one out of two pieces of loot in the sanctuary itself. From this room I went back south and crossed the chapel hall behind both guards’ backs. The locked door in the room with the artifact statue took me to the inner chapel area. The inner chapel key stuck to my inventory and couldn’t be dropped back. Not sure what I feel about that really. It feels more in the spirit of Supreme to return it.

I slipped west and grabbed the urn from the office, then followed the patrolling hammer east, past the side entrance, to the kitchen. I hid in the doorway, observing the various patrol patterns. After finishing his convo, the chef walks back and forth between the kitchen and the pantry, halting at regular intervals. Once he entered the pantry, I slipped out the northeast doorway. Listening for the chef making comments, I cleaned the mess hall empty. Headed out east and picked the lock to the chef’s bedroom door. Grabbed the loot and went back to the mess hall. Left the mess hall via the north door. Robbed the small library just north, and snatched the two artifacts from the atrium. Two guards had a triggered convo in the foyer; I made sure not to trigger this until absolutely necessary, to avoid more patrolling people. Cleaned the barracks next. No fuzz. Then picked the last piece of loot from the small library northeast of the foyer, after the chatters had left. Used the foyer elevator to ascend to the second floor.

I remained dark on the elevator going upstairs. The stationary archer here couldn’t see me on the south side. I leaned over and grabbed the urn and both goblets from the shelves. Then snuck over to the door in the northeast when the guard wasn’t looking (see image below). Looted this room also and walked around the entire complex to appear on the archer’s west side. From here I could pick the high priest’s chamber door. I made sure to read the plaque outside the door to check off the objective. Grabbed the loot, the key and read the book to get new objectives. Looted my way back through the museum and the cozy living room, to appear in the noisy/carpeted hallways further east. Ran through the greenhouse and plundered the sitting room just south. Left through the other door leading to the hallways again. Looted the observatory accessible from this hallway. Next up was Onam’s office. From here I could reach the stone halls to the east and loot all the connected rooms; remembered the vase on the hallway table also. Only one archer patrolled in this area, he was no hassle. One of the smaller studies had a valuable ring, while the last pieces of loot were in the larger room at the end of the western hall. I left through the southern window here, sneaking along the noisy roof. Crossed the courtyard, entered the double doors and continued through the hallways west, only to appear with clear sight of the library door. Crawling across the snowfield, I was able to enter without detection.

The library depended on the hammer’s patrol route and fast movement. Three pieces of loot were spread around. No big deal in here, but success took time mostly. Had to frob the button on the desk through the office window to open the door (see image below). I tried to enter via the closest door without setting off Araphax, but it wasn’t to be. He started a muttering monologue when entering the room, and I could trigger it without getting a first alert, but there was no way to get over to the desk without him starting to attack. Enemies don’t give first alerts during a conversation, and this counted as such, but the room was too bright to avoid the bust. The door on the other side had a convenient light switch by the door, though it is a Supreme bust to remove light sources. Alas, I had to use it. When his monologue finished, occasionally he did a small pivot, similar to one of the hammerite guards in the Cragscleft mission. This could perhaps be used to get in behind him unseen, but there would be no way to get back out regardless. I also realized that when closing the western door, he gives a first alert. I never noticed this the first time I played the mission, because he was still talking to himself as I left. This time I listened at the door for a few minutes and sure enough he gave a settling remark not much later. Two Supreme busts then.

The library key also stuck to my inventory, so I just used the other exit from the library and emerged by the chapel pulpit. From here I headed upstairs and left through the hole in the roof. Done deal!

Notes:
    - Had to turn off the lights in the library office to obtain the Mausoleum Map. Busted Supreme Ghost.
    - Araphax gave a first alert when closing the door to the library office after getting the map. Another Supreme bust.

Game: Thief Gold
    FM: Endless Rain

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 50:02
    Loot - 4500/4500
    Pockets Picked - 5/5
    Locks Picked - 6
    Consumables - none

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/CdJjXdy02EE

FM: The Chalice of Souls: With the Snow as Sole Witness

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 1:00:29
    Loot - 4000/4000
    Pockets Picked - 3/3
    Locks Picked - 12
    Consumables - 1 moss arrow

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/jVZnUl5Wpi8

Notes
    - Taking the gold skull in the hallucinations room may be a bust to Ghost, in which case the mission is not possible to Perfect Thief. I've taken it in my run, but it can easily be skipped.

FM: The Chalice of Souls: Beyond the Secluded Passage

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Time - 46:42
    Loot - 2500/2500
    Pockets Picked - 7/7
    Locks Picked - 5
    Consumables - 2 water arrows and 2 moss arrows

See the report in video format here: https://youtu.be/gL16DP6xqjM
    Last edited by marbleman; 12th Mar 2021 at 06:24.

FM: T2X Mission 7: Down Among Dead Men

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:16:14
    Loot - 1835/1835 (Supreme: 1710)
    Pockets Picked - None
    Secrets: 4/4
    Locks Picked - 5
    Consumables - 4 Water Arrows (3 to move a goblet in the lower halls, and 1 to open the casket in Crypt of the Forgotten King)

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    This is a great mission, and in my opinion the best so far in the campaign. Story wise, it naturally follows the events in the hammerite seminary. In terms of gameplay, it hits home on every level. It strikes a nice balance between triggering the nostalgic feeling of Down In the Bonehoard and Return to the Cathedral, while also managing to stay fresh and innovative, yet without overdoing it. The sense of dread and isolation is captured near perfectly in one of T2Xís standout missions. Top notch!

Mainly, I had to break into the mausoleum and find the Orb of St. Basmus. I also had to locate another elemental crystal, presumed to be stored down there. 900 worth of valuables were also required, plus procuring some useful information from the Onam expedition. Finally, I was to return to the starting caves.

Planning
    Nothing to report until I got to the church. The double doors were pickable, but in NewDark you can avoid them by mantling the gravestone in the northeast (see image below). From there I could cross the roof and enter the building via a broken window, or drop to ground level and approach the graveyard to the west. From the church courtyard I could instead head east to find the mausoleum faÁade. Although some of the mausoleum windows were broken, only one on the top story could be entered, though it required some stackables. Iíd keep that in mind for later.

The mausoleum courtyard also had a path down to the underground tombs, which posed the first main problem. Upon arriving in what I call the foyer, a scripted event occurred where you witness a gruesome double murder (see image). It culminated in a cave-in as a result of an explosion, caused by Mausoleus himself. Problem was, the sounds from the explosion alerted two zombies that had this room as part of their patrol route. Luckily, both of them left the foyer for most of their route, and if I waited until they were gone before triggering the explosion, they remained unalerted. I ran to check after the script had finished and they were then patrolling like normal. The bigger issue however were the zombies in the tombs to the southwest. There was no door separating them from the sounds of the explosion, and every time I checked, they were alerted to hunt mode (see image below). Scripted events like these are normally excused for all ghost modes, since they are deliberate gameplay elements implemented by the mission author and ordinarily unavoidable. But following the new Supreme rule #15, if there are ways to avoid such scripts, especially if they inescapably lead to what would otherwise be Ghost busts, one should. The foyer was divided into two plateaus. Entering the upper plateau to the east triggered the script, but not the lower one. Fortunately, both the torture chamber to the north and the tombs to the southwest could be entered from the church and the cemetery, respectively. This meant that if I planned my route carefully, there would never be a need to enter the upper part of the foyer, thus avoiding the scripted explosion entirely.

Tombs
    My first stop was thus the graveyard. It had a few patrolling zombies, but nothing that couldnít be snuck by with ease. The northwest tomb held my first objective, the elemental crystal. It counted as a light source, but due to recent clarification of Supreme rule #14, this is an unavoidable consequence of completing a mandatory objective, and thus no longer considered a bust. From the southwestern tomb I could make my way underground, but this required picking open the door. Instead I decided to return later, if I couldnít find another way past the aforementioned script explosion.

I backtracked a bit and cleaned out the church. Nothing to report there. Headed underground to the area surrounding the torture chamber. There was a readable in a hidden library study that triggered a new, optional objective to destroy Mausoleusí remains. I skipped the entire readable for all modes. I knew it was impossible to complete without alerting the two fire elementals in the lava cave. Although that is a direct consequence of completing an objective, since it was avoidable (and optional for regular Ghost), it was in my best interest to skip it. When following the patrolling zombie out of the torture chamberís double door, I realized I could sneak right without triggering the explosive script. As long as I stayed between the wall and the pillar, I was good, plus it kept me hidden from both zombies (see image)

The royal grave chamber had the first loot skip for Supreme. Seven lit candles were on a shelf in a hidden tomb (see image above). The middle candlestick was loot, but also a light source. I tested it by dousing all the other candles, and then watched my light gem as I took the middle one. Those must be skipped following rule 6a. Only objectives are excused, and this piece wasnít. It was only valued at 25, but it meant Perfect Supreme went bye-bye. Just southwest of this chamber I found a green, teleporting diamond (see image below). It also emitted light, and since it wasnít an objective, I skipped it too for Supreme. It also spawned three falling skulls when taken, potentially alerting nearby enemies. I would probably count this as a noise trap, further complicating things for Supreme. Easy skip this.

Descended to the lower halls via a chute in one of the grave chambers. Had to leave a rope arrow behind, but Iíd pick it up on the way back. The entire lower level was unproblematic. Just dodging patrolling zombies really. I needed the mausoleum key in order to proceed, and luckily the glowing skull didnít illuminate. If so, that wouldíve been a Supreme bust. At the eastern end of this level I came upon another issue however. A long, straight hallway concealed a sliding wall trap. It was proximity bound and completely impossible to avoid if wanting to pass. I could get to the other side by a different route, but I wanted a gold goblet on a ledge by one of the murals. It was too far away from either end to obtain by leaning, so Iíd have to think of something else. It was just as a fluke I decided to shoot it with an arrow (see image), discovering that it could be moved! After much experimentation I found a method to successfully push it to the other end of the tunnel using 3 water arrows. At first I thought shooting the initial arrow in behind the goblet would push it out from the wall, but that wasnít the case. It always ended up in the opposite corner and never budged after that. Instead I had to shoot the goblet into the wall so it bounced out again. It wouldnít fall to the ground this way, but at least it was much closer to the edge. The second arrow could now be shot behind it and push it fully off the edge. The third was just a straight shot to the end, pretty close to the ladder in the distance (see image below). It would now be easy to take from the other side later. I know spending 3 water crystals to obtain a goblet worth 25 doesnít really make sense, but it was fun figuring out how to do this.

I now had to backpedal and use a crawlspace in one of the circular vaults. It emerged in the far south, close to the Crypt of the Forgotten King. There were no enemies here, so nothing much to report. I opted out of taking both the crystal scepter and the heart ward. The scepter was only used to open the casket with the ward, and it disappeared upon use. I also knew the Orb of St. Basmus probably could be taken without the ward. If not, I could always return to retrieve it later. Getting the scepter required using a moss arrow, which, although not a bust to Supreme if used to solve a puzzle, still left patches of moss behind and didnít feel very Supreme-like. Furthermore, using the scepter to open the casket sounded like breaking glass. I assume the scepter just functions like a key, because the casket could be opened and closed at will afterwards, but that audio cue just didnít sound right. I probably wouldnít have deemed it a bust if I ended up having to take the ward, but I happily skipped it for now.

Snuck through the lava cave by the fire elementals without problems. Descended the ladder here and finally took the goblet from earlier. Climbed back up and entered the mausoleum without issues.

The Mausoleum
    The initial halls and the spider cave had nothing worth reporting. A well-hidden pair of coins lay in the corner of a broken casket (see image). Once I entered the upper levels however, things got real interesting. First, the intended way to escape the tower was by way of a broken window on the top floor. Thus, the authors put in a mechanism where the entry gate both closed and relocked automatically. That coupled with the fact that the mausoleum key disappeared when used meant there was no way to leave once inside. I solved that by dropping my healing oil flask at the base of one of the doors as it was about to shut (see image below). Funny how such a little thing can block the largest door known to man.

The tower itself had four floors. Each floor consisted of a circular room with caskets along the edges. In the middle of each floor was a statue. Since I didnít have the kingís ward, each statue had a misty halo above its head. Once taking the ward, all the halos disappeared. After some experimentation, I realized the halos functioned like cameras. It was tough to tell, but I think they scanned the room 360 degrees. It was near impossible to know exactly what direction each was looking at any given point in time. If I got caught, I just reloaded and waited a few seconds before going. I donít think they had first alerts, but they did make turret-like sounds if second alerting, then started shooting fire balls on a third alert. Generally, they seemed a lot less jumpy than normal cameras, and for that I was happy. Each room also had windows, but they usually only lit up the nearest casket. Worse still were the wall candles, which light penetrated a farther distance into the room.

The first floor was easy. I just circled the room left and grabbed the one piece of loot from the shade. Two skeleton guardians patrolled between the first two floors. One of them stopped at each end of its route, while the other one just turned around and headed back. The second floor was worse, but still not that bad. If I went slow, I could cross straight through the middle of the room from east to west (see image). Then I could sneak in behind the pillar in the northwest corner to get the difficult artifact statue in there. Snuck out the same way.

The third floor was the worst, mostly due to the stationary skeleton. Two pieces of loot were situated along the western wall, where it was stationed, plus you also had two wall candles on this side. There was another skeleton in here too, but it patrolled between this level and the top floor. Although the shadow patterns on the floor didnít reveal it, I could actually sneak straight over from the eastern corner with a completely black light gem (see image below). I tried climbing the caskets along the east wall first, but once I got close to the northern candle, I wasnít able to progress. Getting into the middle of the room made it a walk in the park. I still had to time the pivoting skeleton, but I could grab both vases from close to the center statue. No noises from the mist halo either. Nice!

The top floor had a big problem. Crossing the doorway boundary triggered Mausoleusí ghost flinging three skulls at me (see image below). Although it was easy to dodge his shots, their impact made an awful lot of noise. Iím not sure if the event counts as a trap or not. It seemed more like a scripted animation to me. There was no pressure plate or detection that triggered the shots. There was a mist halo on this floor too, but it didnít see me enter the room, at least I didnít hear the turret noise. There was no way to avoid this event at all, it seemed. I went back and picked up the ward too just to see, but it didnít change matters. Next I waited for the skeleton to head downstairs to see if they alerted to the shots. When I headed back down, they were both in hunt mode (see image). Replaying the scenario a few times always yielded the same results. There was nothing to do but descend and find a different way in.

I headed all the way back and started looking for stackables. I found three convenient crates in a storeroom close to the torture chamber beneath the church (first image below). There was another crate in the torture chamber itself, but the zombie from before patrolled through this room. I brought the crates along and headed up to the mausoleum faÁade. An open window was on the top level, southeast corner. I could mantle up the first ledge, but needed all three crates to reach the top. In NewDark, newmantle reduces the required amount to two crates and a healing oil (second image below).

The biggest problem now was getting through the window. The mist camera was still active and the window opening was super bright. I really just had to rush in and hope for the best. I dropped to the floor to the left; that was the spot farthest away from either of the lit candles. From here, the rest was very straight forward. I could climb a rope straight up to the ceiling rafters with the light gem totally black (image below). I retrieved my rope and shot another one closer to the center by the floating Orb. When taking it, I realized it too emits light, just like the elemental crystal from earlier. Like with the crystal though, the new rules allow such objectives to be taken.

I dropped onto the large casket from the upper rafters. With a bit of luck, the camera wouldnít see me and I could hide behind it. From here it was just another swift move out of the window. Again, it was hit or miss. The last piece of loot was in Deadmanís Gully. No issues there. Returned the crates afterwards and ended the mission in the starting cave. What a fantastic ride this was!

Notes:
    - Skipped a gold candlestick worth 25 in the royal grave chamber for Supreme. It was a light source, and removing those is not allowed for that mode.
    - Skipped a teleporting green diamond worth 100 in the upper tombs for Supreme; it was also a light source.

THE SCARLET CASCABEL

MISSION 2 - THE SCARLET CASCABEL

VERSION 1

This is really challenging mission to ghost. Lots of AI walking in hotel, lots of light (lamps can be doused). There is no alarm objective - if AI will spot you, it will run to use gong and it will fail this mission. Also there is easter egg by collecting all chess pieces. I'm gonna skip it, because one of pieces is located in ballroom and protected by tracking Garrett Mister Jim Jim. Because of him I will be forced to skip loot from there and also skip bonus achievement regarding him. Unlike 1st mission, this one has bonuses and secrets just like in Version 2.

ENTRANCE

Beginning is quite easy. Just get to basement along right wall. This way you will not trigger conversation near entrance, so 2 AI will not patrol. Basement itself is short and straightforward. There is ladder leading to 1st floor. Don't go near front entrance to not trigger conversation. Rope up to terrace for Can of Grease. To descend - jump on chandelier and strafe run to drop on fireplace and bounce on carpet. Enter room with single guard. Wait for him to stop on left side of fireplace, picklock gate and grab 3 daggers from inside. Sometimes you are safe under lock, but sometimes guard may spot you. Return to previous area and use Can of Grease to open locked door. Also grab purse from servant when he stops in front of fireplace. Go to stairs.

FIRST FLOOR

Entrance area was also part of 1st floor, but I feel like real 1st floor starts from here. Here are 2 guests, but also 2 servants are using stairs. Wait for noble to go away to woman and steal nugget from fireplace. Go to courtyard for some money and water arrows. Plaque needs 3 stone tablets, but it doesn't give you any reward. Still I will try to collect them. Go to dining room. Here you must be extra careful. Dining room is visited by servant, but also is observed by couple of guests from above. They aren't always there, but they can spot you. When they gone, go along right wall, grab coins under and on last small table, then hide in toilet's doorway. Wait for servant to go away and if nobody is looking from 2nd floor, enter servants area.

SERVANTS AREA

Servants Area is big. On this floor there is only small kitchen visited by servant. Since she enters this place frequently, you will probably need 2 rounds to steal all loot. Then go downstairs to the basement. There is green woman walking upstairs with purse. Go left to small dining room to grab purse under table. Go along left wall to avoid being spotted. Under dumbwaiter is 1st secret. You must drop into water. In my run red servant got stuck with head on ceiling while walking into passage near dumbwaiter. Luckily he didn't hear splash of water. Quickly swim to other side and grab loot. Next is woman servant walking from table to fireplace. When she walks away from fireplace, go behind her, steal 3 plates from wall. When she stops and start turning, go behind her into south corner. Then go to stationary woman and lean for other plate.

Near storage is locked door leading to wine cellar. This is for useful for later. Go to laundry. It's visited by 2 servants. Sneak into corner behind stationary woman. Here you are also safe from patrolling servants. Behind cistern in front of stationary servant is gem. To get it moss floor and when you see that light starts getting darker, run for gem and quickly run back into corner. If you are lucky woman will just 1st alert.

Next area has 3 corridors. Go left to visit males quarters. Here is located Wine Cellar key. Since you are nearby you should loot this room. Then go right to women quarters. Here is Staff key, which will open many doors. Go straight and climb stairs to 1st floor. Vent will lead you to room #4 with few coins on floor. Next go to reception to read red book. Don't get spotted by servant. In next room is lots of loot and Diadem Display key. Leave and go to main stairs in hotel.

REST OF FIRST FLOOR

Not much left. Just couple of rooms and pool. At the end is ballroom, which I mentioned I'm gonna skip, because of tracking AI, which also damage me and change into item. There is goblet worth 25 loot and Queen Piece on chandelier. These items I must skip. Return to main stairs and this time climb to 2nd floor.

SECOND FLOOR

Go right to get to Diadem Display. You have a key, so you can rope down and take diadem. Go left and open door to Servant Area. Hide in doorway. Your target is terrace with glass door. It's good to leave it open, because noble can get stuck while walking into it. 2 servants are walking here and noble is entering this terrace. Go behind him and quickly steal purse from woman. Then visit rooms #5 and 6. Room #5 only has priest walking near fireplace easy to avoid. Use door in corridor and run to Chapel. Wait for guest to leave it and go down to Crypt for some loot. Then go south to other hotel rooms..

Go left. Here are 2 guards patrolling corridor. Stairs to 3rd floor are patrolled by thief. In room #10 is Nightingale. His key opens box with 1st Tablet. Near it is also his diary. In bathroom is bottle, but Nightingale is patrolling without stopping. Go behind him into bathroom and dodge him from left, grab bottle and quickly return to bedroom. In room #11 douse fireplace and quickly, but quietly enter bathroom along left wall. This way you will avoid alert from training guard. In front of room #12 is woman looking at suitcases. She's not a problem, but there is servant patrolling this part of corridor. Before going to Library go to stationary keeper in front of fireplace. Open glass door and go to balcony. On left ledge is coin. Go to Library.

LIBRARY

In my run keeper got stuck walking into door, so open it and quickly hide in corner. Library isn't very difficult to ghost. On the left side is purse on bookcase. Sometimes woman patrolling this part can start walking in circles. There isn't too much loot here. After looting this and higher floor go to balcony, jump on ledge and rope to window. Here is Proprietor's key. Use it to loot his apartment. Under his desk in office is switch revealing 4 stone keys and book. Leave to 3rd floor of Library, rope up to 4th floor and jump to statue. Use Mind key and use 2 rope arrows to pick up Journal. Look out, 3rd floor of Library is sometimes visited by other keeper. Use this door to enter 3rd floor.

THIRD FLOOR

Go to Lounge, douse 2 lamps in corridor. Inside Lounge douse fireplace and 4 candles on chandelier. This way you can loot this room easily. Corridor is patrolled by thief and servant. Go to attic. 1st vent leads to room #15. In room with walking noble and 2 women douse and moss fireplace, then rope up into it and jump to ladder. Grab rope arrow and jump to spider attic (don't mantle, you will fail and fall down). Wait for spider to go right and rope up for loot in cobweb. Wait for spider to return and go behind boxes for 2nd tablet. Return to ladder and drop on moss. Loot rest of this apartment and return to attic.

Above statue is chest with last tablet. Drop on wooden beam, on boxes and on floor. 1st shaft leads to haunted room #13. No enemies there, so just read scroll and take newly spawned ring from stand near bed. 2nd shaft leads to room #14, which belongs to thieves. You can't rope down, because 1st alerted keeper after you descend will attack you. Instead just drop down on carpet. Loot bathroom, wait for keeper to turn away and go to other door. Close it, take purse from thief and douse lamp. Very slowly go along right wall past thief. Next patrolling thief has tendency to get stuck walking in circles, so you will be forced to save/load couple of times to unstuck him. There is couple of chests with loot to open. Use door to leave to corridor.

Go visit Observatory to grab golden lens and use Spirit key to grab Necklace. Go back to Library. Time to return to lower floors. On 2nd floor visit Chapel to use Soul key and grab Rosary. On 1st floor go to Courtyard to use 3 tablets, so you will manage to read plaque. There is no other reward than that though. Visit Pool and use Body key to grab Clothing. Return to 2nd floor and on north side of terrace above Dining room behind statue is portal leading to Sealed Wing.

SEALED WING

Ironically this place is the easiest to sneak, but is impossible to ghost due to some damage property involved. Path is linear. You will get Blackwell Sword from skeleton. In long corridor you are forced to destroy training dummy (ghost bust #1). Next is 2 floors part patrolled by Scarlet Cascabel. She's easy to dodge, sometimes she can get stuck walking into training dummies. First go to tower and at the top you will find chest with Elisabeth's Bedroom key. Go to portal to talk with ghost.

MIRROR

Ghost asks Garrett to destroy mirror to free her and Garrett agrees. But this is just verbal request, so it doesn't appear on objective screen. I never had a situation where I got asked to do damage property in the mission, so I asked question in Ghost Discussion thread. Other ghosters immediately said it's a ghost bust, but when I asked klatremus about his understanding of objective rule in regards of his supreme run of Training Mission in TDM, he gave me this definition of objective:

"The rule does not say "objectives on objective screen" like you said. It just refers to objectives. So if you get objectives from somewhere else instead of the objective screen, then the rules can still apply to those."

Verbal request from ghost in Scarlet Cascabel pretty much fulfill requirements from klatremus' definition. Even so for him it's still a ghost bust despite of his understanding of this rule, so I find it this situation as very confusing. But let it be, mirror destruction is unavoidable ghost bust #2. This also means that this mission can't be ghosted in both versions.

DESTROYING SCARLET CASCABEL

Drop into blue hole and descend on vine. Drop on fireplace in dining room and rope down to lower floor. Leave rope arrow there. Now you need to crouch run to Bones while avoiding spinning blades. Escape is harder, because you need to strafe crouch run under blades. New door opened. Run between training dummies, turn left and crouch. Rope to vent for secret switch. Return to higher floor and go to Elisabeth's Bedroom located between 2 training dummies. Go to balcony and jump to top of structure in Conservatory.

Scarlet Cascabel is patrolling this place. So you aren't safe while always staying in one place. You must hide in opposite corners of pool and quietly drop 5 items without making splash. This way Scarlet Cascabel will get destroyed. Grab Quinicine Torc and drop in water. Find hole near tree and rope down to Crypt. In chest behind sarcophagus is Last Will.

ESCAPE

Not too much to do. Return to Proprietor's Office to leave Last Will on his desk. This way you will get Conscience Bonus. Afterwards you just need to return to the starting point.

STATS:

Time: 1:58:06; Loot: 6002/6377
    Pockets Picked: 6/7; Locks Picked: 38
    Secrets: 4
    Bonuses: 1 (Conscience)

VERSION 2

Much easier version of this mission with less changes than in precious mission. Design is pretty much the same, but some paths has changed. The same goes with keys and loot. Also there is less max loot, but also less loot pieces, which I don't like. Another change I don't like is lack of alarm objective and less AI. There is more shadow and you can frob douse lots of candles. Since chess pieces are possible to obtain I will try to collect them all and visit easter egg.

FIRST FLOOR

First in basement there is ledge with loot on the other side of pit. From lower side of wooden beam you must strafe run and drop on lower wooden beam and then jump over pit. Return is easy, because you only need to use rope arrow. Entrance Area of 1st floor is more tricky. Conversation happens near locked door and you better listen to the end or AI get stay in front of door. This part is patrolled by maid, front of reception is patrolled by another servant too. Reception book is on counter, so you can grab it now. But that's not over. After using Can of Grease you can still get spotted by servants from Entrance Area through windows, so be careful.

SERVANTS AREA

This time staff door near main stairs is open. Small kitchen is visited by 2 servants, but it's not hard to get all loot in one go. In bigger kitchen getting plate from table requires timing woman walking around fireplace to go near table and 2nd woman to go away to bells. When she's near bells you can also send dumbwaiter up, open secret passage to water and quickly mantle on shaft. When woman will go to table, drop down into water. Get on the other side. Now you only need to time 1 servant who goes away and grab sneaky Pawn #5 from rack hanging under ceiling and 3 plates.

Laundry is patrolled by 2 servants, but there is no stationary servant, so it's easy to get gem. In women quarters in 1st room you will need to douse fireplace to get to loot chest and Staff key. Then go to reception on 1st floor. To get to next room you must douse 2 lamps, so stationary servant from there will not spot you. Use nearby door to get to Ballroom, which isn't destroyed and isn't haunted by Mister Jim Jim. You can loot it and go through it to loot other places on your path to main stairs.

SECOND FLOOR

This place is much easier than in previous version. You must look out when grabbing flute from terrace and Pawn #2 from wooden beam above Dining room, because servant walking down there can spot you. In Chapel is Hand of Saint Faustin, which I'm gonna ignore. It's used to exorcise Mister Jim Jim, but grabbing him will hurt you. Nightingale is easier to dodge, because now he stops on ends of his patrol route. He has key for moneybox with Stone Tablet, which using is now an objective. Now guard patrolling corridor may visit room #12.

LIBRARY

This part is harder, because there is servant walking near balcony between bookcases and he can spot you. To get to higher floor for coin on terrace I roped up to it. Afterwards I dropped from edge of wooden railing to railing below. Then I used balcony to get to Proprietor. In his office is also located Diadem Display key, 4 stone keys and book. Collecting diadem will give you Temptable Taffer Bonus. I found it that it's easier to get to statue to use Mind key, by directly roping to it, using stone key, returning on carpet and grabbing rope arrow. Rope up to top floor. In side room is Knight #2. Go from left side to grab it and rope up to wooden beam. It will give you access to 3rd floor.

THIRD FLOOR

Use 2nd vent to grab Rook #2 from top of Lounge. Then return to previous vent, ignore Mister Jim Jim below and go through vent. There are 2 vents again. 1st vent leads to room #15, which is easy to ghost. You can't climb fireplace anymore. 2nd vent leads to attic. I have decided to do first Lounge and Observatory instead of exploring attic.

To get to Lounge douse 1 lamp, inside douse 4 candles on chandelier, fireplace and candlestick behind barkeeper. Then very slowly go behind barkeeper and slightly nudge him forward. Very slowly go past him and grab bag of spices behind small barrel and bottle from shelf. Visit Observatory. Here is the hardest chess piece to collect. Pawn #1 is located on top of telescope. To get to it you must shoot rope arrow into wooden beam on west side from it. Climb to the very top and jump on telescope. Grab chess piece, drop on edge of telescope to retrieve your rope arrow and drop on statue. Mantle on it, then cancel mantle and you will safely land on floor.

Return to attic and loot it. You will also get access to rooms #13 and #14. Room #14 has patrolling keeper, so you can safely rope down without alert. There is no stationary thief, so again it's easier and patrolling thief doesn't walk in circles anymore. After everything return to Proprietor and through it go to 2nd floor. Use stone keys in Chapel and Pool, also use tablet in Courtyard to obtain Location of 4 Aspects Scroll. Then go through portal to Sealed Wing.

SEALED WING

Once again collect Blackwell Sword. This time training dummies are indestructible, so in order to get past one who blocks your way, you must go to the end and activate black wall of doom. This trap actually reminds me title of other FM released for Thief 1 Anniversary Contest - Darkness Walks With Us. Black Wall is moving to crush you, luckily training dummy will move, so you can go past it and avoid trap.

Scarlet Cascabel is faster and aura surrounding it will kill you. That means that sometimes it can kill you through wall. There is once again mirror's destruction (ghost bust #1). Afterwards you need to descend to lower floor to grab in the same way Bones, but after grabbing them blades vanish. Curse destruction is the same, but there is small bug. In this version you need to drop 4 items instead of 5. 5th item vanish. I fixed that by dropping one of items on stone, then dropping 4 items into pool and lastly 5th item.

ESCAPE

Escape to Crypt is the same. In newly found room is Last Will in chest and in sarcophagus is last chess piece, which gives Tenacious Taffer Bonus. Return Last Will to Proprietor for Tenderhearted Taffer Bonus, then go under main stairs to see easter egg. After scoring 1 point on basketball field, you will get access to reward including Quotes Scroll. Time to get to starting point. I found it the easiest to enter Entrance Area via Ballroom and this time use front entrance to slowly go past servant looking at door.

STATS:

Time: 1:51:05; Loot: 5385/5650
    Pockets Picked: 7/7; Locks Picked: 22
    Secrets: 5
    Bonuses: 3 (Temptable Taffer, Tenacious Taffer, Tendearhearted Taffer)

THORK

SACRED SPHERE

Go west and grab 3 water arrows, then go inside house. Take plate and in next room use switch in corner. Descend and drop into underground. Douse lamp in troll room and go left. Jump over water, go right, grab 4 urns and return to troll. Go into opposite direction to room with bat. Douse 2 torches and use wall passage. Go behind banner, take 2 water arrows, dodge zombie, go to lava room, do jumps over lava and go along left wall. Fire burrick shouldn't see you. Douse 2 torches in undead room, then 4 torches in Dracula room. Don't douse them when enemies are close. 2nd skeleton has Gate key, go past Dracula and grab Sacred Sphere and Church key. Return to gate above burrick and open it. Quietly jump on cart and ride it to the other side. Return to bat room and this time use passage to Cathedral.

CATHEDRAL

Open elevator gate and ride down. If you are making noise of dropping on metal while riding elevator down, stay on ground, send elevator down and quickly drop on it. Hide in corner and wait for bot to pass you. Go down and turn right to avoid patrollers. Go on the other side and go left to ladder. On top of it is gas arrow. Take it and descend. Douse 2 torches near passage on the left, so bat will not see you. There is small office. Douse right torch and grab 4 urns. Return to the entrance to underground and use other passage. Thief is patrolling corridor. Wait in hole near door, then go inside room. Use switch on right window to grab Ankh. Go up and open passage to house, Go east to cave.

FRIGID RIVER + DAM

Jump into river. On the other side is nugget. Run to shadow and go past Pagan. He has a key to Dam. Inside are 2 nuggets on table. Go left and mantle on right generator, then on ramp. Grab 3 drills on windows and Reservoir Gate key from Mechanist. Then drop down and go on the other side of river. Climb ladder and go to the end of shadow. On one of pillars spawned thief archer. He's impossible to ghost and I will be forced to return to Dam later. That's why I decided to gas him (ghost bust #1). New thieves has spawned, but they aren't any problem. Return to bat room in underground and go to Canyon.

RESERVOIR

On the other end is dwarf with purse. Return to start of Canyon and drop to ledges leading to the bottom. Go left to Reservoir. Grab 20 poison arrows from chest and douse all torches. To progress you must kill giant with 2 poison arrows. Unfortunately he can't be killed with just 1 poison arrow. Plus archer in front of him walks with the same speed as giant. So he will also hear giant's cry. That's a ghost bust #2. Go through gate to location with hole nad 3 crates. You must drop into hole on ladder and descend to teleporter room. Grab 2 statuettes and 6 coin stacks behind banner, then use corner switch to open door. Grab 3 moss arrows and enter Mine.

MINE

Grab 5 gems from table and go right. Next you need to nudge thief on gravel a bit forward, so you will grab nugget, then go right and grab key and 3 coins from table. In water below is Black Hammer. Use other ladder and go left to thief with Safe key. Open chest with 3 rope arrows. You can't climb normally on steps. You must quietly jump on their edges. Go to hole. You must descend from ladder to ladder to the bottom. It's tricky and it's very easy to fall to your doom. Grab gem from table, go to room with 2 bots and grab invisibility potion from shelf. Return up, but look out, there is new thief walking on gravel. Time her and hide in shadow. Now you just need to return to teleporter, crouch and use switch. Return to bat room.

FINISHING OTHER OBJECTIVES

Since there is thief in well lighten room leading to Cathedral, go to Canyon and go through cave near dwarf. Go to Cathedral and go right. Use invisibility potion 2 grab Crystal Skull in front of priest and priestess. Return to house and go north. Rope up to Jewelled Egg on branch and take it. Go to Dam and open save to get papyrus. Then return back to house, use Egg on pressure tile and go through new passage to exit.

STATS:

Time: 1:00:55; Loot: 3535/3735
    Pockets Picked: 7/8; Locks Picked: 3
    Damage Dealt: 14; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1
    Secrets: 1/1

THE HIDEOUT

Go behind guard and grab his key. Go inside, grab vase and 2 plates from table. On the left is kitchen. You must nudge stationary guard there. Problem is there is patroller going through this room, so you have around 30 seconds for nudging before you go to hide. In kitchen you can lean for plate, then mantle on left side of counter and lean for bottle. On the right are quarters with 2 loot chests. In bedroom is ring on table and purple box behind banner. Open office door, wait for Lord Robbenwood to turn and KO him. Get loot from chest, cut banner (ghost bust #1), bring lord into tunnel and kill him. Go to the end. In half of the tunnel there will be scripted sound of attacking bugbeast. Ignore it and go to the end. Go to table, douse torch and grab tiara and scepter. Fire shadow will spawn behind you. Sneak past him and go outside.

STATS:

Time: 0:27:05; Loot: 4625/4725
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 2
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 31; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 1; Others killed: 0

UNKNOWN DANGER

Mission has 2 gimmicks. First there is a lot of eternal darkness, so it's good to use flares sometimes. Second is rocks hurt. Also try to get as many mini rocks as possible. Beginning is easy. After getting 1st key you need to go into NW part of library, mantle on bookcase and blindly jump to coffin room. There is storage with dynamite. Leave library and go to barricade. Save and throw dynamite into "X", then hide behind corner. If you are lucky you will manage to jump over rocks. Unfortunately it's pure RNG how rocks will move and they are unfrobbable, so you are forced to try. It took me around 100 reloads to finally get good RNG.

With 2nd key you can go to room after coffin room. Take plant to destroy 3 wooden planks (ghost bust #1). Go to hole, lean forward and drop all your mini rocks. Then fall on them and take them. This way you will safely descend to the bottom. In this part is zombie patrolling corridor. In this run for some reason he was trying to enter one of rooms and whenever he was closing door, he was going into search mode. I have no idea why. I had no such problems on my test run.

To descend from tower wait for zombie and drop on him. In corner is window with flare. You can mantle there for powder. After getting key from storage, you will be forced to visit upper door. You need to rope to it, but you only have grabbing hook. Go directly under door, so you will stand on wooden planks. Look up, jump and throw hook. It should hit wooden roof and rope will appear. But you need to time correctly your throw. Otherwise hook will not hit roof and will fall back on you.

STATS:

Time: 0:24:19; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

HOLY HAMMER

Blocky mission with eternal darkness made by Dront. City part is quite easy. There are only 2 instances where you need to time more than 1 patroller on nearby streets/corridors. And it's not that hard. There are also 2 instances of nudging. In right house near starting point go along left wall behind left guard and nudge him forward to grab gas arrow and goblet. In casino room in mansion you must again nudge guard forward to get all loot from table.

Ghost dies in Temple though. 1st crayman is unavoidable, so I gassed him (ghost bust #1). Then I mossed doorway to enter Temple without getting spotted by 2nd crayman (which by the way didn't alert to 1st crayman getting gassed, weird). Entrance is well lighten and has 2 ratmen and 2 bugbeasts looking in other direction. Can't do anything about that, so I decided to KO all of them (ghost bust #2-5). Next are side corridors. Both of them leads to hammers you need to collect, but corridors are well lighten and filled with monsters. It's impossible to not get spotted, so that's 2 gigantic ghost busts #6-7. First do right corridor to grab giant loot hammer, then go to left corridor to grab hammer that you must carry like crate. 2nd hammer is also observed by frogs and crayman. Afterwards escape and return all the way to start (in sewers go to west side).

STATS:

Time: 0:56:45; Loot: 2253/2353
    Pockets Picked: 14/20; Locks Picked: 4
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 4
    Damage Dealt: 4; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1

FM: T2X Mission 8: The Art of Deception

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Success
    Time - 1:11:10
    Loot - 1000/1000
    Pockets Picked - 2/2
    Locks Picked - 14
    Consumables - None

Loot list here!
    YouTube let's play here!

Comments:
    I like this mission. Although not as suspenseful as the previous one, it offers a nice change of pace. It has pockets of hostile guards, a nice city layout, and an intense finale in the priest compound. Some interesting readables and amusing conversations offer a welcome comedic relief. A successful Perfect Supreme Ghost usually means the mission is too easy, but that is not the case here. This campaign continues to impress.

First I had to make my way to the smugglersí candy store and leave the Orb of St. Basmus among their merchandise. I couldnít let them see me or attack them in any way. I was then to find my way to the hammerite priest compound via a secret passageway in the sewers. There I was to leave a note for brother Cavador, telling him about the smugglers and the Orb. 650 worth of loot was also required, plus making my way back home afterwards.

The Goodie Bag
    The district around the inn, the market and the cathedral streets posed no Ghost challenges whatsoever. Only a few hammers in this entire area even reacted to my presence. The only problem was scouring closely to find all the loot. The secret above the inn I liked (see image), it rewarded a consistently determined climber J. The gas arrows by the canal in the west seemed hard to obtain at first without the use of an ice arrow, but there are a couple of ways. I did an angled running jump from the ledge to the north (where the canal disappears), mantled into the middle alcove across the waterway (image below). From there I made another hop towards the arrows and caught them in mid-air (I could even get both in one leap). Imagine the grin on my face after those moves. You can also drop down from the rooftops, but I figured that as the least intended route. Big Willyís abandoned apartment held another secret, a safe behind a shelf unit (see image).

I arrived at the smugglersí store from the bedroom balcony just west. Leaped onto the wooden roof from here and slid down on the south side walkway. I picked the lock on the door to the shop and grabbed the loot from the box under the counter. I could keep in the dark while doing all of this, dodging both guardsí patrols. Entered the hallway next and headed downstairs. Placed my Orb and picked the loot. A very well-hidden rug behind the paintings here has probably slipped many a keen eye (see image). The streets in the back got far more crowded after this, as the members of the conversation now had started patrolling. The archer patrolled faster, so he kinda screwed up my runs a time or two. I tried with several ropes to reach the roof again, as one canít even enter the yard in front of the shop without getting alerted. Finally settled on the wooden supporting block of the western building (see image). In NewDark, the roof of the candy store can easily be mantled from the walkway railing to the south. The big problem from here was to reach the train station area without alerting ANY of the 4 smugglers protecting its entrance. I quickly realized my only solution was the roofs. Luckily the designers have placed a tiny wooden rafter underneath the eave to the east of the shop, probably to help reach the open window here. However, one can also use it to mantle onto the roof of the east building (first image below). I was more worried about how to get back without being alerted though, so I started planning my return before even dropping down to street level. There is one window frame very close to the smuggler shop that can serve the purpose. As far as I know, itís the only place where you can get back onto the roofs from the station side. But to keep Supreme intact I had to be able to retrieve my arrow. Thus fastening the rope from higher grounds and making the arrow tilt upwards was imperative (second image below). Every ledge has an invisible outer shelf; a very thin area seemingly existing in mid-air. It can be very useful for quiet sneaking, and in this case for reaching hard-to-get arrows. Perfect Supreme still intact! If wanting to get the gas arrow outside the train station, you need to bring along the first rope arrow.

The Lighthouse Cathedral
    Found Big Willyís purse in a closed-off section of the sewers. Was one more tricky piece of loot down here, in a power room protected by hammers. The stationary guard wasnít troublesome, but the patrolling archer needed to be dealt with. Plus there was a stationary iron beast close to the entry door. The beast can be fooled by creep-crouching. I lurked forward as soon as the archer left, all the way in and grabbed the coins, then back out. I had plenty of time before she returned. This image is taken at the closest point without spawning comments. The door to the power room had a tendency to disappear also, so it was a juggling act making sure I got through the doorway without it being removed from existence.

Inside the cathedral, the main thing worth mentioning was getting upstairs. Without a single first alert it was quite difficult, however, doable. The trick was to reach the point in the lowest flight of stairs where Zaya is in total darkness (image below). From there I waited for the perfect moment and ran to the lounge in the northwest. The moment of running is different every time, and it depends on all five guards not looking. The bright light made it difficult. Once upstairs, spots by the walls on the pillared walkway made it easier to maneuver discretely.

The only loot upstairs difficult to obtain was the spice bag from Brother Davisí quarters. He had a weird patrol route where he stopped at random points for anywhere from 5-15 seconds. He had at least 4 different locations where he stopped, but the only one that kept him from hearing the lockpicks on his money box was when he stopped by the cabinet on the north wall (image below). When I ghosted this mission back in 2005, I didnít find a way without him first alerting. This time I waited for over 5 minutes to double check for a settling remark, and I assure you he remained unalerted.

I could drop down on the west side of the balcony without alerts or damage. I noticed the secret entrance had been closed, probably an in-game script to boost the challenge. At one time I actually thought this would bust Supreme, as there was no way of closing the portcullis outside and still leave unnoticed. I scratched my head for long, and then almost got embarrassed when I realized the simple truth. Merely leave through the manhole in the courtyard and enter the cathedral once again through the bookcase door. Lower the gate and leave via the living room. Simple!

If planning ahead, you can even bring an item along with you to block the secret entrance from closing (image below). The concealment potion from the power station just south of the cathedral works nicely, as it can easily be returned for Supreme and doesnít require picking any locks.

Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

THE VIOLENT END OF DUNCAN MALVEINE

Huge mansion mission, it's really fun to play, but it has unfortunate flaw - long loading. Not very difficult ghost, because there is a lot of light switches, but on the other side enemies have ability to turn on light too. Also there is gimmick with watchers where in security rooms you can only disable half of watchers on each floor. You can disable all of them in vault and that would be my 1st target, but there are some random elements involved that complicate ghost. Code for opening vault is different in each playthrough, code placement is also random and clue for where is code placed is random as well. In my ghost run I found the code at the very end of my ghost run. Other than that floor of vault is electrified. Control panel to disable electricity is in one of towers on roof, but again it's randomized.

That's not all what is randomized. This is murder case and it's also different in each playthrough. Usually you just need to read autopsy report and find murder weapon. If it's poison, then you just recognize it by reading poison book in library. But in my ghost run these things didn't help, because Duncan Malveine has been KO-ed probably with hands and then drowned in barrel of wine. Nothing connects to murderer, so I had quite a problem. Luckily I solved it correctly.

There is also a lot of collectibles in this mission. There is 13 pages and 52 cards to find. Both gives bonus objectives. There is also other 3 bonus objectives easy to get on roof. To get Star of Seraphine you need something heavy to put on pressure pedestal, so trap will not get activated. Luckily there is sack of compost on roof above vault. Other than that there is 6011 max loot, but there is also objective to put 1000 loot into sack in starting point and frame somebody. This means that max loot lowers by 1000 to 5011 loot. I framed Captain, because he was the closest person to my starting point (sewers).

STATS:

Time: 2:06:56; Loot: 4871/5011 (actually: 5871/6011)
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 2
    Knock Outs: 0
    Secrets: 11/11 + 5 bonus objectives
    Killer Successfully Identified? Yes
    You Accused Dorian Thornwood of Murder
    You Framed Gilbert Harkwall for the Theft of the Diamond
    Pages of Gregor's Missive Found: 13/13
    Iron Playing Cards Found: 52/52

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE

WATERFRONT RACKET

NIGHT 1: MARLOWE TAKES THE CASE

Short mission with only one obstacle - cop near Treadwell's Office in Police Station. Still he's very easy to ghost. Mission is also easy to supreme ghost, because rest of AI is friendly and doors close on their own. Also no loot and no secrets in the whole campaign.

STATS:

Time: 0:09:06
    Locks Picked: 2
    Damage Taken: 0

SUPREME GHOST: SUCCESS

NIGHT 2: SCENE OF THE CRIME

This mission is a bit harder. You need to ghost Warehouse. First thing I noticed is crouch walk on marble is hard. I noticed that looking down helps to work it correctly. I went to elevator near Miles Office and ride it up. I waited in dark corner for Miles to steal his key, then went downstairs to enter office. I opened safe with Diamond Necklace and Miles Journal, which I read. I locked safe. I could return key right now or later to Miles dead body. I decided to do it now, returned to 2nd floor and dropped key on Miles path. I returned to office, frobbed book on right bookcase and read paper. Can't return book on bookcase, so I put it nearby.

After completing 3 objectives, shots happen. Open door, wait, when door start closing, open it again. Guy will run away. You quickly run to area with marble. I don't reset code for office, because code isn't visible, door locks on it's own and in order to open you must input code again. This means code may reset when door start closing.

Sneak quickly on sand and wait for cop to go away. Mantle over wooden fence and sneak to shadow near exit door. Wait for bronze cop to go away and escape Warehouse. Go to Shelby and then return to your office. Unlock door. Now is last hard part. When you enter your office you will get teleported to Shelby. So you need to lock your office and quickly enter. Unfortunately you have no chance to see if you didn't block door with your body. But I think I was far enough for door to close. So I will claim supreme ghost success.

STATS:

Time: 0:13:35
    Locks Picked: 1

NIGHT 3: DEAD END ANGEL

This mission is easy to ghost, but there is a lot of going back and forth between different locations. In warehouse I use ladder near broken elevator to travel upstairs. Near the end of mission I used crowbar to open box. Box itself is nailed, so raising box lid doesn't destroy anything. Plus it completes an objective. Box can't be closed. Afterwards I return crowbar and keys back. To my surprise Large key can be put back into drawer. Before entering Treadwell's office I went to return 2 other keys. Small key also can be returned into locker in evidence room. Coroner's key can't be returned directly on desk, so I put it near it.

STATS:

Time: 0:26:58
    Locks Picked: 1

ACIDEUS SAGA 1 - ROOFS OF GOLD

Excellent series made by Terra. First mission is also my favorite mission in the whole series. There are 2 problems. First is getting loot from further 2 rooms in Hammerite Chapel. For that you must spawn 2 haunts by going to the attic. The best result will be haunts killing both Hammerites from corridor. When one haunt is fighting Hammerite, open door leading to room with single Hammerite and hide in shadow. When haunt will kill 2nd Hammerite from corridor, Hammerite from room will appear and he should kill him. Wait for him to calm down, so you can loot other rooms.

Second problem is the end. You must kill undead mage. First douse 3 torches and go right to sneak behind him. No matter what you do, there is no way to kill him in one hit, so that's a ghost bust #1. Afterwards return to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 0:28:26; Loot: 2650/3000
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 12
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 50; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 2

ACIDEUS SAGA 2 - THE HEART OF GEMS: NIGHT OF THE RED MOON

Out of all missions in this series this one is the largest. So far. Because the fifth mission is planned to be 3 times bigger than this one. Once again you start without equipment, so my 1st target after getting to city will be getting lockpicks. There is also a lot of items to collect. Unfortunately mission can't be ghosted. Once again there is boss battle and this can't be completed in one hit. There is couple of other ghost busts. Also in this mission I had huge problem with quiet crouch walk on marble, so use creep and save often.

FOREST

First problem is in starting forest. You must get 4 gems to open path to the city. The only problem is getting gem in dryads village near small lake. Gem is stored in middle hut, entrance to it is positioned towards lake and in front of it is well lighten and guarded by dryads, who also emits light. Normally you can't drop into water without making noise, but looks like east part of lake doesn't have sound brush. Unfortunately you can't reach gem from water. You cannot frob it through hut's wall either. This means you must get spotted, take gem and quickly escape (ghost bust #1).

CITY

Just like I mentioned before my target is to get lockpicks first, then I'm gonna explore city. At the top of warehouse you will be forced to go behind archer and dodge him from left. Similar dodging will be when you try to use water crystal on lion head. After getting key run to archer, dodge him and return to ladder. You will also need to race with archer to get to window with Tomb key. Near window with Pan (blackjack) there is stationary guard who needs to be nudged. Also I leave Tomb for after I visit Order's Hideout.

There are 2 buildings with marble where you need to move very slowly. First place is terrace door in 3rd area. I did everything I could in this area first. After opening door to 2nd room, glass case on the other side of room will break and this will alert nearby guards. Since it's scripted I don't call it damage property. There is also no physical connection between door and glass case. Just grab Wine and loot and very slowly get out. If you do one step just reload game. Second spot is in 2nd area - door opened by 2 keys. I believe there are spiders above the room and they can hear you if you walk loudly on marble.

HIDEOUT

First I need to use slow fall potion to fall from wall without damaging myself. Also in one of rooms is invisibility potion. Second problem is very last Eye room. There is lots of shadow, so it's not hard, but you will be forced to drop on edge of platform with last eye, slowly walk in front of it and then jump a bit diagonally to last platform with chest. To get back just jump to platform just before platform with eye.

RETURN TO CITY

In Tomb I need to grab scepter from chest behind haunt, but corridor is well lighten. No way to douse purple crystals, so the only option is to drink invisibility potion and run to chest. Unfortunately picklocking takes too much time and you don't have 2nd invisibility potion, so getting out of this position is ghost bust #2. I decided to kill haunt, which also alerted other haunt above. After completing my run I realized I could just run to one of smoke powders chests, which requires to do some platforming over pit. There is also good shadow near chests to hide and wait for haunt to calm down.

With 4 candles I go to hourglass statue. There is shadow there, so it's not that hard. Statue vanish and portal shows up. It leads to ghost of Trickster. He's impossible to be killed in one hit, so that's a ghost bust #3. I used all my acid arrows, 2 flashbombs and use my sword to kill it and obtain Heart of Gems. Afterwards go to nearby gate protected by guard. Just go to nearby box. Even if your light gem is yellow and guard isn't very far, he shouldn't see you.

STATS:

Time: 1:52:48; Loot: 3730/4095
    Pockets Picked: 5/8; Locks Picked: 24
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 61; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 2

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast