TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TG FM - Ascend The Dim Valley [25 July 2020]

Loved this mission, so many nooks and crannies and a unique and engaging story :-)

Finished this mission in 1 hours and 23 minutes on "normal" mode, i loved playing this mission , you´re architecture construction has become much better compared with your previous mission, even though there are some places i would have added more details, like the broken bridge where i would have added some more textures. There are some new ambient music here that i really like, i love when an author adds new information to his mission. The gameplay here is very good, the ambient/atmosphere is also strong and dark, the symmetric portraits of Rembrandt are original, the readables are interesting, climbing and finding a way up to the top was also very appealing and challenging , the only thing i didn't like personally what the pixelated texture filter kind Minecraft style, but that was something i was able to disable in the beginning of the game. Also in future mission it would be nice to see new textures and some new objects. Overall a high satisfying experience i had with this one. and will replay it someday in "expert" difficult

Thank you very much for this creation !

Great mission, thank you.

Loved the lighting, and colour. And really appreciated the shortcuts in this nicely connected world.

Couple of questions:
    1. Can I rescue the hostages?
    2. What is the purpose of the Guardian area?

First question: you can, but not necessarily the way you think you can.

Just a quick question. But why is there not a 1.1 version with the texture fix already unzipped in it? I think that would be much easier for all.

It seemed wasteful to make all the mirrors update just to add a single folder, instead of fixing anything in the mission itself. Maybe that was misguided of me.

About rescuing the hostages: despite their hostility, every readable suggests the Vizier and Supraward are keeping the terms of the Armistice. So, the hostages will be safe until they are exchanged back on the upcoming five year anniversary of the signing.
    There is only one person in the mission who causes these conditions to be broken. You have the ability to stop this happening.
    Last edited by DirkBogan; 16th Aug 2020 at 18:54.

Well, unless I've made some new catastrophic mistake, v1.1 is here and working: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGv...mdE_qIhVW/view

Changes include:
    —fixing texture errors caused by certain install configurations
    —removing/commenting out the gamma and ambient_volume lines in fm.cfg
    —adding new object/texture files to avoid clipping caused by certain install configurations
    —adding 'mantleable:true' to a number of objects which had this functionality removed by Tfix
    Last edited by DirkBogan; 16th Aug 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Listed Changes

Hey, for the first time, these pixelated textures felt strange, but as I went on with the mission, I realized that this is a very unique, old school Thief vibe, which is outstanding.

What do I need to modify and in which file, if I want to play other missions with this kind of pixelated textures, or the OMs? note: I never use any texture packs.

Thank you

@ticky, if you want this effect for every mission you play, you can go to the cam_ext.cfg file in your Thief 1/2 directory, search for 'tex_filter_mode', and change the number at the end to 0.
    If you want to enable it for specific FMs only, you can make an fm.cfg file for that FM with the 'tex_filter_mode 0' line in it, or add it to the existing file if the FM already has one. Just make a .txt file and change the extension.

I'm glad you like this style. Since texture filtering was introduced in NewDark, I'm sure LGS never intended for their low-res stock textures to be blurry. Of course, they probably never expected we'd be seeing them on high-resolution LCDs either!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    @ticky, if you want this effect for every mission you play, you can go to the cam_ext.cfg file in your Thief 1/2 directory, search for 'tex_filter_mode', and change the number at the end to 0.
    If you want to enable it for specific FMs only, you can make an fm.cfg file for that FM with the 'tex_filter_mode 0' line in it, or add it to the existing file if the FM already has one. Just make a .txt file and change the extension.

I'm glad you like this style. Since texture filtering was introduced in NewDark, I'm sure LGS never intended for their low-res stock textures to be blurry. Of course, they probably never expected we'd be seeing them on high-resolution LCDs either!
    Thank you, I will try!

just finished this mission on expert a while ago and i enjoyed it,great job,loved the pagan area next to the main house so much fun

Finished the game in 3 hours..phew! I spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure out how to rescue what sounded like a guy behind that double barred window that looked like a cross I think and that girl behind the other barred window. No luck. The map was not very helpful and the layout of the two separate castles seem confusing. I could have sworn that going to the top of the Supraward's castle had the off limits area for the Vizier since going all the way down from there would lead to the Vizier's castle interior. But how?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345