TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How to make an object to not influence the pathfinding database?

How to make an object to not influence the pathfinding database?

I have some boulders in my mission which are placed on the ceiling of a cave only for aesthetic purposes. I want to remove from them the property to influence the pathfinding database since my pathfinding database is full. What properties to add to the boulders for that? Thanks!

ZylonBane
    Are you telling us that objects on the ceiling are influencing the pathfinding database?

Well... if they are, just add AI/Utility/Path avoid: [None], and Physics/Misc/AI Collides With: FALSE.

Though if ceiling objects really are influencing pathfinding, you might want to check their physics dimensions.

Yes.. that is odd.. they are taken into account even if they are placed on the ceiling or on the lateral walls when dromed is processing the pathfinding database as i can see in the monolog that they influence pathfinding:
    "Calculating path find cells............................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .......................................................
    Adding blocking objects splits..............................................................................................
    Split database by 363 blocking obbs. 3535 splits, 4 discards"

They are considered blocking objects, every OBB type of object that has set in the Archetype the properties: AI - Utility - Pathable object - True and AI - Utility - Path avoid - Block pathfind or Repel seem to increase the number of blocking objects in the monolog. After i reach 400 blocking objects dromed crashes with an error - Index ... out of range (File dynarray.h,Line:...). The error seems to be related as well with the complexity of the brushwork because around 400 blocking objects dromed is crashing if i add more brushes on the mission. If i delete some of the blocking objects i am able to add more brushes.
    I was able to solve the problem by adding to every boulder the properties AI - Utility - Pathable object - False and AI - Utility - Path avoid - None. They are not considered blocking obbjects anymore. For now i am ok it seems. To make sure i will add AI Collides With - False as you suggested.

Thanks for you answer Zylon Bane!
    Last edited by Master of Dromed; 12th Aug 2020 at 05:30.