TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: SystemShock2 VR Port [WIP]

SystemShock2 VR Port [WIP]

Hi,

ViewOfTheFew VR is an on going fan project to port SystemShock2 to VR using Unity3d.

The end goal is to have the entire game playable in VR. I'm doing my best to import as much from the original game as possible to speed this thing up. Hence I'm classifying this as a port rather than a remake.

You can follow my progress on my youtube channel where I post DevLogs.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Wow, this sounds like a huge undertaking, but it seems like you're having fun with it.

The inventory grid on the wall reminds me of how you place and interact with windows in MS Hololens, which gives it a nice futuristic feel, tho I also feel like it could get tiresome having to place the window every time you wanna see the inventory.

Rec Deck or Operations in VR? Yikes. I'd probably run into the wall or something getting away from those spiders.

I also feel like it could get tiresome having to place the window every time you wanna see the inventory.
    Heard that feedback a few times. Its hard to tell how tiresome it will be, I'll decide when some more of the game is playable.

getting away from those spiders
    If I ever get their animations to import that is.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkern View Post
    Heard that feedback a few times. Its hard to tell how tiresome it will be, I'll decide when some more of the game is playable.
    It's troubling that it isn't intuitively obvious to you what an awful idea this is. Accessing inventory isn't an interaction with the world, so making it dependent on the world is objectively wrong. It's a solution that's all negatives and no positives.