TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: TEARDOWN

Level 10,000 achieved

TEARDOWN

Teardown released into Early Access today.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167630/Teardown/

I've played a couple hours of it and I can tell ya it's goooooooood. Surprisingly more story-heavy than I expected too. You run a demolition company and start taking jobs from shady characters and pretty soon you're facing a life of crime. As a one-man heistcrew you'll spend usually 10-30 minutes planning out your missions on location, and then execute them in 60 seconds. It's quite unlike anything else I've played. Oddly enough the game it most reminded me most of while playing was Monaco.

Moderator and Priest
    That does sound cool. I'll check it out.

Level 10,000 achieved

Gone in 60 seconds, baby!

Level 10,000 achieved
    This game is selling insanely well. It's been out a little over 24 hours and already has 1692 reviews on Steam.

I wasn't able to 100% the painting mission (only got 6) and I just had to look how people are doing it. Goddammit, I'm not thinking with portals.

Still Subjective
    That looks ace!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ahahahaha 0.1 seconds left on the clock! Amazing.

I did that one yesterday and only managed to get 5 of them, despite my best efforts.

If you fail, do you have to repeat all of the set-up, or can you re-run it repeatedly?

You have one save slot which you will overwrite as your strategy takes shape. You can revert at any time, so you can really use it to optimise your approach and try several alternatives.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Still heistin' like a smooth criminal!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Under 25 seconds on the racetrack!

It is possible to get under 20 seconds if you start modifying the track and doing fancy car-switching maneuvers, but this is a pretty good clean run.

And yeah I also found that the car is noticably faster if you remove the spoiler. It's hard to remove more than that without significantly damaging it tho.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I did it, I completed the TEARDOWN.

These are the last couple missions before the final mission:

The final mission (which ends on a "To Be Continued" since this is still EA) was unexpected and delightful and I'm not gonna spoil it.

This was a good game tho! They've managed to wring a good bit of variety out of this very impressive tech sandbox. Any good heist story is as much about the set-up as the execution, and that's true here as well, and it really delivers on that heist-feel.

How difficult is it? Is it one of those games where getting through the levels isn't necessarily all that difficult but you can always try to get better, faster, more creative?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I think except for the Fine Arts mission mentioned earlier ITT I've managed to get all the objectives quite easily. It's quite slow and ponderous. As long as you think things through in the planning phase, you don't need Amazing Gamer Skillz to get through the execution phase.