TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Mysterious PlayStation-like pop UI element for Steam achievements - where is this fro

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Mysterious PlayStation-like pop UI element for Steam achievements - where is this fro

Lately when unlocking Steam achievements I've been getting a mysterious UI pop-up with a ding similar to the PlayStation trophy unlock sound. Does anybody know where this is from?

I opted into the beta for the Windows 10 Game Bar from the Xbox Insider app recently, is it from there? Other possible sources that come to mind be might the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client, Geforce Experience overlay and Discord desktop client.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thing What Kicks
    Doing a Google image search for "achievement popup" reveals a reddit thread showing that it's from the guy who made the Dark Souls fix.
    They say in said thread that it could be from any one of his tools, so see if you have any installed and if they have any settings you can modify to disable the pop-ups.

While researching this, I also discovered that Windows-level achievement notifications can be disabled through Gamebar.
    Hit Windows-g to bring up the Gamebar overlay.
    At the top of the screen, you will see the Gamebar control menu bar. Hit the cog icon at the right end for the Settings window.
    In the sidebar of the Settings window, click Notifications.
    Under "General", untick "Notify me when I unlock achievements".

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Thanks. I actually rather like it, so I'll keep it on.

I installed the Special K thing to fix the broken high framerate/variable refresh rate/G-sync present in Mafia 1: Definitive Edition.
    https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ma...te_in_fullscre

While researching I found out how utterly obnoxious the Xbox One achievement unlock sound was. I had disabled Windows UWP achievements sounds from the jump so I had never heard it.