TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 150

Thread: Sean Connery has passed

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    This is a great video and series of videos, everyone should watch it.

  2. #102
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2002
    Location: New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I don't have the time in the day to read much of these comments
    What, are you too busy beating your wife?

  3. #103
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Land of the crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    As a neutral
    One thing I've learned over the past 4 years is that anyone claiming to be neutral, apolitical, or equally disgusted with both parties is in truth a closeted wing nut.

  4. #104
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2002
    Location: New Zealand
    I think this time they forgot to put a door on the closet

  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: In my room
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    This is a great video and series of videos, everyone should watch it.
    You mean the one which in its first 30 secs drops these terms to describe a friend: white guy shit, secretly furry, normie.
    Here's a protip: If this is the way you think about and talk to your friends, you are a part of the problem.

  6. #106
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Yes, if you're being snarky, you're clearly problematic and can be lumped in with people who agitate for, and in some cases commit, literal mass murder. /s

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Plus, you ought to know that I don't speak like that.

  8. #108
    Taking the Death Toll
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: they/them mayhem
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    You mean the one which in its first 30 secs drops these terms to describe a friend: white guy shit, secretly furry, normie.
    Here's a protip: If this is the way you think about and talk to your friends, you are a part of the problem.
    It's really funny how you took all of those to be an insult.

  9. #109
    Judith
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    That was quite fascinating to watch, thanks.

  10. #110
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: in your second eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    One thing I've learned over the past 4 years is that anyone claiming to be neutral, apolitical, or equally disgusted with both parties is in truth a closeted wing nut.
    Yup. And to make it clear, since I showed here some empathy and respect towards Sean Connery, who leaned on conservative values, this would likely define me as a closeted right wing nut. Shucks, now I can't speak of David Bowie in a positive manner anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by mopgoblin View Post
    What, are you too busy beating your wife?
    Actually, she does the beating and I take it like a bitch, generally. Need to cook dinner for my wife soon.

  11. #111
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    You're a terrible person.

  12. #112
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: in your second eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    You're a terrible person.
    If I'm not taking this too personally and you are indeed addressing this to me: are you for real or just trolling man? Who would take such a blanket statement, without any explanation, at face value from a stranger on the internet? I would at least expect some kind of justification for that sort of attitude. Unless maybe you consider me an undeniable troll myself, which, given my non-far-left leanings, might seem as such, but it's really not. I just don't hold very strong opinions over political matters anymore, especially after my capitalism phase a few years ago (though I do still find it to generally be "the way to go", but there are significant caveats to address for that to be realistic). I dunno, if you hate someone enough to publicly call them a "terrible person", I would at least expect some argumentation as to why.

  13. #113
    Member
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: state of quantum entanglement
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    It's really funny how you took all of those to be an insult.
    Insults? Maybe yes, maybe no. Quick and convenient labels? Very much so. And while this might be the first time EVER I have agreed with Kolya here, someone who perceives people via labels is part of the problem.

    Something the above has just reminded me of: https://www.egscomics.com/?id=2045

  14. #114
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Look, he's not "labeling" this hypothetical friend person -- he's simply characterising him being as vanilla as people come by jokingly suggesting that maybe his biggest kink is that he's secretly a furry (20% chance). He's not saying, "What a furry" or, "He must be a furry". He's just making a joke in a snarky way.

    Furthermore, with all the content in this video (people being radicalised and committing horrific acts of violence), this is what you get hung up on and use to dismiss it? A casual joke?

  15. #115
    Taking the Death Toll
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: they/them mayhem
    @Marecki:

    You are thoroughly, colossally, willfully missing the point. This isn't about "labels" (and anyway the kind of people who complain the most about labels are just mad that we have more words to describe ourselves as human beings. Complaining about labels is a tactic meant to silence queer people because there's so many ways to identify and that upsets the boring.) It's about quickly constructing an image of a certain kind of person: young, white, male, into some nerdy shit, doesn't think much about politics, maybe a bit isolated. If you think that's an insult, then what the fuck are you doing here then?

    Listen: Kolya is a 40-something-year-old adult person with willfully incoherent politics who earnestly argues that being an asshole is what drives discussion and once threw a tantrum because I told him to stop using slurs for trans women. He's a dork who lives on bad faith arguments and agreeing with him just makes you wrong too.
    Last edited by june gloom; 6th Nov 2020 at 17:33.

  16. #116
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2002
    Location: New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Actually, she does the beating and I take it like a bitch, generally. Need to cook dinner for my wife soon.
    Nice, maybe she can get a ball gag for you too

  17. #117
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: In my room
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    You are thoroughly, colossally, willfully missing the point. This isn't about "labels" (and anyway the kind of people who complain the most about labels are just mad that we have more words to describe ourselves as human beings. Complaining about labels is a tactic meant to silence queer people because there's so many ways to identify and that upsets the boring.) It's about quickly constructing an image of a certain kind of person: young, white, male, into some nerdy shit, doesn't think much about politics, maybe a bit isolated. If you think that's an insult, then what the fuck are you doing here then?

    The video creates a stereotype and you of all people should understand why that's a problem. But being against stereotyping apparently makes me a silencer of super-wordy queers like yourself.
    Since you're pointing out how this stereotype applies to so many here: How many here enjoy being called a "normie" and their hobbies of video games and movies described as "white guy shit"?

  18. #118
    Taking the Death Toll
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: they/them mayhem
    Forget it, Kolya. You're so full of shit you squeak.

  19. #119
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: In my room
    Go pity yourself.

  20. #120
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    He's not labeling people as normies, he's using it explicitly in the context of "not being a 4channer" (who call anybody that's adjusted to the society a "normie"). And while the 4chan speak can definitely be a pejorative, here it just means that Gabe is an ordinary person who's into shit a typical white guy might be.
    Last edited by Starker; 7th Nov 2020 at 00:04.

  21. #121
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    If I'm not taking this too personally and you are indeed addressing this to me: are you for real or just trolling man? Who would take such a blanket statement, without any explanation, at face value from a stranger on the internet? I would at least expect some kind of justification for that sort of attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    P.S. When a woman is being an absolutely unreasonably cunt, giving her a little slap is indeed the way to handle it properly. Nowadays in the west, it wouldn't work too well as the power levels have been completely skewed in the woman's favor, but out of pure morality and understanding of the said behavior, you're still the winner.
    You're an advocate of domestic violence.

    This is one of the criteria for being justifiably labelled a terrible person. Just awful.

    You're an idiot to boot, because you didn't immediately realise that this is the reason I called you that. Dolt.


    Re: normie. Imagine being so fragile you get upset being labelled with this, the most innocuous of insults.

  22. #122
    Taking the Death Toll
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: they/them mayhem
    It's not even an insult in this context!

  23. #123
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: In my room
    Pretty sure I heard that one before.

  24. #124
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Do you really think not being redpilled is an insult?

  25. #125
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: In my room
    I'm not going to discuss with you on that fringe lunacy level. You think that "normie" is not a harmful stereotype because 4chan uses it. What else is there to say?

    EDIT: In my experience no one is normal. And judging people as "normies" denies their individuality and personal history which they have like everyone else.
    It betrays a mind that separates people along the old lines of race sex and gender.
    If you were serious about wanting to do away with these barriers, you would never use such a term. But gloom is a hypocrite and you're a follower.
    Last edited by Kolya; 7th Nov 2020 at 00:09.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •