TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising 2 : TDS campaign, 19/12/2020

nm, I got made aware that I have to jump over the railings near the cradle and I was yet again getting caught out by TDS's shite mantling mechanics - I could not get over the railing for a long while.
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 22nd Dec 2020 at 09:49.

Ok so how do I escape the prison with the captain, I can't open the mechanist gate in the area with the 3 patrolling guards

Did you read the scroll by the gate? It tell you that all the guards have an implant in them that activates the gate

I figured that out after posting, doh.

A bit sneaky but certainly original.

Wow looks awesome! Merry Christmas, taffers!

I am stuck I can not get into the Blue Heron the door won't open and none of the windows highlight. I looked at the walk through but it does not mention a key for the door??

Never mind I got in.
    Last edited by pwl; 26th Dec 2020 at 15:09.

I'm supposed to get the stash from the guard post, which is the little one near the black market i guess, but there is nothing to be found ?! is that a bug or am I at the wrong spot?
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

The objective isnt set up greatly.
    Its in the door frame... and there is no feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl2 View Post
    The objective isnt set up greatly.
    Its in the door frame... and there is no feedback.
    Thank you! so I already got it right just the notification was misleading

So am on mission in the city 7 and found a door that when frobbed spins the player around (facing away from the door) and stick them to the spot. if I'm supposed to be able to get in there its a major bug -

Also I knocked out all the guards in the armoury and no cant find the key for the storage room...
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 28th Dec 2020 at 11:02.

I remember that bug from years back, but I never experienced it during beta testing. Is that door is a courtyard surrounded with loads of pillars with some benches in the middle of the courtyard? If so you get into that room via a window from the roof terrace.

In T3 guard's drop their keys when you blackjack them, so you need to check the vicinity of where you KO'd the guards, if you have moved them to hide their bodies your search will harder I'm afraid.

Big Help: Guard carrying armoury key patrols the north corridor of the armoury courtyard.

Its the courtyard thats next to a long terrace with 2x guards and 2x ladies sitting.

When this mission was being beta tested, what feedback was given on the glint bird loot locations, the location near the greenhouse is to be perfectly blunt, a joke. I can grab the loot, but no matter how many times I try, I can't jump to safety after the fact, its beyond infuriating.

I only got back by runny along the edge without jumping, not what you would do normal so completely counter-intuitive. I love the new area's and exploration of this campaign but the bugs and gameplay movement are pretty bad. The amount of times I have fallen to my death and had to listen to the accompanying death sound really grates on the nerves.
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 30th Dec 2020 at 09:29.

Sounds like your in this courtyard, the long terrace is what I call a roof terrace, from there you mantle over the roof top to get to the fence yes?

If so the only door in that courtyard that opens is the locked door for the barracks, there's no lock on the door in your screenie, so no there's nothing behind that door.

Yes thats the courtyard, well there is a room with a fan behind that door, I and noclip partly through the door.

Another question as I cant see info about in the walk-through, am I supposed to be able to get to this open window..?

Also How the actual F*** amd I supposed to get up here, the guide says to stack crates, which is next to f***ing impossible.

As I cant mantle up on these crates due the game engine being so crap.
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 28th Dec 2020 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    So am on mission in the city 7 and found a door that when frobbed spins the player around (facing away from the door) and stick them to the spot. if I'm supposed to be able to get in there its a major bug -
    How did you get to this courtyard? The only way you're supposed to arrive in this courtyard is through a vent where you have to destroy the fans, which brings you out on the other side of that door, where you'd be able to pick the lock.? If you came from the other direction, your path through to here should have been blocked, but I can see what may have happened to allow you to go that way.

The only a room with a fan, was this one -

This city section has been cool to explore, I see its loosley based off life of the party. But to be honest, between mapping deficiencies & bugs I am very close to just uninstalling TDS entirely at this point.

Eg am I actually supposed to be able to jump across this gap?

Last edited by Bikerdude; 28th Dec 2020 at 14:41.

Put the crates on their side edges, you can't stack more than 3 crates in T3, putting them on their edges gives you more height.

As for the window, mantle over the railing and go window sill hopping.

The only a room with a fan, was this one -
    No, not that room. There is another, but to get to it you will have crossed over the draw-bridge, which I guess you haven't done yet, so you shouldn't have been able to get to that courtyard. I have fixed that bug now, but obviously too late for you.

I like the missions so far but I am in Finders Keepers and how the hell are you supposed to push the crates over to the window they don't budge I have tried using the blackjack and running into them Thief 3 is so frustrating!!!!

Ok tried some more and got them to move but then thetop crate fell off argh!!

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Put the crates on their side edges, you can't stack more than 3 crates in T3, putting them on their edges gives you more height.

As for the window, mantle over the railing and go window sill hopping.
    That practically impossible, unless I missing something you can place more than one crate against a wall, and throwing crate a crap shoot.

Dude, how exactly are players supposed to do that. All that happens is I briefly catch the ledge and fall to my death, and this is after do a running jump. And assuming I was able to get to that open window How the F. do I get back up from there..?
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 30th Dec 2020 at 09:42.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Ok tried some more and got them to move but then thetop crate fell off argh!!
    Yep this one annoyed the fucking shit out of me as well. Its took me 10-15mins to move that damn crates and each time I have to adjust the top one. Bad gameplay mechanics.

Cant jump this gap.

Am I actually supposed to be able to jump across either of this gaps?

Nothing I have tried works, in T1/2 and TDM you can jump and catch a ledge with your fingers - is this even possibly in TDS...

First jump is possible but may need to try a few times. Have you got Sneaky Update installed? If so you can go to your sneaky tweaks and adjust your run speed factor but that's cheating.

Did you turn the crates on their edges? Do that and stack 3 high and mantling onto the roof shouldn't be an issue. The way to turn T3 crates, drop one crate on the edge of another, hopefully it will land on it's edge.

I have the extra speed tweak and it dosen't help

I found another way up that didnt involve mucking about with creates in this godforsaken game engine. But that wasnt the question, the issue how do I jump across from one roof to the other..?

[update] So it turns out I had the gravity double normal, so the player was heaver. FFS, no wonder I wasn't able to make jumps, this state of affairs was due to the number in sneaky tweaker not being that clear with regard to heavy versus light.
    Last edited by Bikerdude; 30th Dec 2020 at 13:23.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast