TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thief's Rising 2 : TDS campaign, 19/12/2020

Outside your door, go to the right and drop down the hole, turn around and head towards the metal crate and then head left through the tunnel beneath your home. Keep going straight until you go down the slope, then mantle onto the railings in front of you. Move around the fire to the other side of the street and mantle onto the terraced section. Then mantle over the far railings and onto the metal crates in front of you and around the edge of the fire to where the City Watch are trying to put out the fire.

Thanks for the advice, it helped me a lot

Problem with load mission (on the ship)

Hi,
    I have a problem with the game.
    Well, when playing the Thief's Rising 2 fanmission, the game automatically crashes at various times, but most often when trying to save, I still manage and play with it somehow.
    However, I have a problem with the mission on the ship - 1-2 seconds after loading the mission, the game turns off by itself and I have to restart the fanmission, but when I try to start the mission on the ship, the problem appears again.
    With other fanmissions, I have no problem, so it looks like the game is installed correctly.
    I've tried various options and methods with disabling mods etc. unfortunately nothing helps.
    I cannot continue the fanmission.
    I am asking for help in solving the problem.

Regards,
    Paul

Nothing like this occurred in beta testing and few on this forum play T3 any more, so you may not get the solution to your particular problem here.

However this campaign does push the T3 engine to its limits in places, so it maybe that your computer isn’t powerful enough so check if you’ve got the latest drivers installed for your comp.

Have you got the SneakyUpgade installed? If so try disabling the Collective Texture pack, it's massively resource intensive and that's what I had to do during beta testing in order to reduce some serious lagging,

If that doesn't help I suggest you PM snobel, he maintains the SneakyUpgrade and may have some other ideas.
    Last edited by fortuni; 21st Nov 2021 at 16:39.

Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Nothing like this occurred in beta testing and few on this forum play T3 any more, so you may not get the solution to your particular problem here.

However this campaign does push the T3 engine to its limits in places, so it maybe that your computer isnít powerful enough so check if youíve got the latest drivers installed for your comp.

Have you got the SneakyUpgade installed? If so try disabling the Collective Texture pack, it's massively resource intensive and that's what I had to do during beta testing in order to reduce some serious lagging,

If that doesn't help I suggest you PM snobel, he maintains the SneakyUpgrade and may have some other ideas.

Thank you.
    I have tried almost everything - unfortunately the problem still exists.

The mission starts, but after a while the game crashes and "throws" me to the Windows desktop.

Mission #7 Map

Here's a link to a crude hand drawn map of Mission #7 - Thieves' Highway

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDo...ew?usp=sharing

Not to scale and doesn't claim to be perfectly accurate, but it answers the question of why the game doesn't give you a map.

Needless to say, it's one big spoiler for the mission, so don't look at it unless you're hopelessly stuck.

And Thanks to Adsk1 for a very challenging game so far!

So I made it to the invisible maze I don't see how this is possible, especially with the sticking bug. Sticking bug: Sometimes if a mantle goes wrong, you stick to the floor, you can move around but cannot jump or re mantle. Only way I've found around it is to reload. Shame because I really enjoyed getting to this point and want to finish but I don't think I can get past this. Any suggestions?

The best way to solve the sticking to the floor (skating on ice) bug is to draw an arrow on your quiver then hit Esc to place your arrow back (de-cock?) before you have released it.

This is an ancient T3 bug that Snobel has never found a solution for sadly.

Did you find both sections of the guide book, without it getting through the invisible maze is one serious challenge, if you didn't you can find the solution in the walkthrough.
    Last edited by fortuni; 21st Jan 2022 at 12:49.

Pit Falls

@rustmite...
    I see you're a ways ahead of me in the Tower. What did you think of the last trap at the Pit Fall level?
    Did it take you a while or was it no trouble?

Mission #9 - Infiltration

Does anyone have a helpful hint for dealing with the "Shadow" creature in the basement of the Hammerite Chapel?
    I haven't gotten very far as this thing is relentless in following me around. The walkthru suggestions have not helped much. I have speed set to 1.4 and that doesn't help much either.
    Sadly I'm gonna have to give up if I can't get that booger off my back.

Not sure what you mean by the shadow creature, Palomar9.
    But if you mean your 'adversary' in the basement with the artifacts, I found that if you can put a few torches out you can walk carefully around unseen. If not, hide in the lift. The only saving grace in this fm is that enemies give up searching for you quite quickly.
    I'm really sorry to say, despite all the work that's obviously gone into this campaign, that it's probably one of the most tedious fms I've ever played.
    I completed it as once I started, I had to finish. But I shall never replay it. I found progress was so slow, I could never build any momentum and any enjoyment was lost in the constant restarts necessary.

Finished!

The grandson and I just finished this FM -- finally -- after nearly 3 months. Thanks Adam, for a very challenging and enjoyable game!
    I have to admit, there were several times when we were stumped and were ready to quit, even with fortuni's very helpful walkthru. But we pressed on and were surprised when we miraculously succeeded.
    The Thieves' Highway and the Tower of Light were certainly some of the more memorable adventures. The Shadow creature in the foundry nearly finished us off until we figured out how to "lock" him up.
    It's actually been an educational experience for the grandson. It has caused him to slow down and think more logically about difficult problems, rather than just flying off in any direction on a whim. And it's given me many opportunities to bond with the kid.
    Thanks again!
    -- Phil & Bryon
    Los Angeles CA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234