TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Greyquarter Heist (21st Dec., 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i found the room of the of the fortune teller but i can't comprehend what to do?
    Turn on all the lights in the room with "crystal ball". Those lights are operated from the nearby room with 3 out-of-place switchers. And you'll see a semi-transparent key in the room with the ball.

2 hours to complete the mission and all I found was 6 of 16 secrets? Nice job, new author! And thanks for the early Christmas present

Going to have to run through this again, much more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    There is a phrase "And I don't think their so called customers were reasonable for that" in the coffee house employee diary. My English is far from good but I'm sure there must be "responsible" (or some similar word) instead of "reasonable."

It took me more than 3 hours to formally finish the mission but I have not the slightest idea where to look for the treasure. Any hint for the start?
    Oops. It's probably an overlook by me. Sometimes I wrote these things in the night and by re-reading the texts, I made a lot of common mistakes like its vs. it's or wrote something as it sounds instead of as it's written. If there will be any later versions, I'll fix this then if I won't forget

Hints for the pirate treasure:
    Look for a secret with fire crystal(s), if you'll find the one I meant, there'll be a hint about the treasure and it means you're nearby. More hint: You have to find something you can blow open, you need 3 fire arrows.
    Direct spoiler: It's in the Thieves basement, same corridor as the armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    Thanks for the mirror!
    Last edited by Taylor; 23rd Dec 2020 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Hints for the pirate treasure:
    Thanks for the hint -- found the treasure. But that was strange: I had all 3 arrows but still cannot remember anything regarding treasure in the readables... Well, I suppose 3 hours of the walkthrough is 3 hours of the walkthrough and it is hard to remember all nuances without notes which I wasn't making.

Excellent mission. It simultaneously feels like huge and small. We really need more FMs from you

Did you play on expert? If yes, it's possible to find 3 fire arrows without finding the secret I mentioned and thus miss that hint.

Seems like I was correct, to measure it's size as medium then

On Expert, in the top floor of the Alchemist's place is a locked cabinet with a glass door, through which can be seen a plate and wine bottle that look like loot. It can't be picked and none of my keys (including the Alchemist's key) open it. Can it be opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    On Expert, in the top floor of the Alchemist's place is a locked cabinet with a glass door, through which can be seen a plate and wine bottle that look like loot. It can't be picked and none of my keys (including the Alchemist's key) open it. Can it be opened?
    Check painting.

Congratulations! I'll have time to enjoy it after Christmas. Can't wait!

Glad to have an early Thief Christmas present!!! Merry Christmas, bunch of taffers!!

This mission is really impressive for a first one, congratulation!
    Playing on expert I found 9 secrets and 4367 loot. Can someone please give me a hint to find the key of the office? I think that's the last I miss, nice collection by the way

If you think about the office in the Marketplace, the key can be found in the room with the jammed door.
    There's however no loot in that office.

Great first mission, and great mission in general! Found 10 secrets

A great mission so far but I can not find the book. I have been all over up and down I got the transparent key. One thing I think needs improvement is the very tight and confined rooms.

P.S. playing on hard version

Congratulations on your first release, I'm really enjoying immensely this classic Thief experience!!! Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    A great mission so far but I can not find the book. I have been all over up and down I got the transparent key. One thing I think needs improvement is the very tight and confined rooms.

P.S. playing on hard version
    Look for the book in the alchemist's private quarters. More closely in his little office.

Thanks for the reply is the office in the same building?

Finished with a bit more than 5140 gold and 12 secrets.

Extremely well done for a first mission - easily one of my best x-mas presents this year!

Thank you, Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Thanks for the reply is the office in the same building?
    By office I meant the same room where you found the Alchemist key and the letter from Magia. More hint: check the bookcase
    (there is also a room labelled as office in the Marketplace area, but there is no loot inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Finished with a bit more than 5140 gold and 12 secrets.

Extremely well done for a first mission - easily one of my best x-mas presents this year!

Thank you, Taylor!
    Thank you!
    Please also spoiler the loot amount, thanks!

Thank you as soon as I posted I found it?? Can not believe I missed that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    If you think about the office in the Marketplace, the key can be found in the room with the jammed door.
    I can't find it Do you mean the one with the body and the spider? or the one with the dead mecanists who played with explosives? or the one with the broken handle in the mecanist room and the elevator?

Congratulations Taylor - very nice Christmas present.

Spent four hours of fun playing through the mission but will go back to see if I can find the last couple of secrets and pieces of loot. So many doors & locations to explore with some good secrets. Found Joey with his potions although from the unintended direction .

Excellent first mission - hope you make more

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Found Joey with his potions although from the unintended direction .
    I did the same. I cursed loudly when I found the No. 2 entrance.

I'm pretty well along in both loot and secrets, but one problem I'm facing is that I cannot get into Apartment 1, nor the 'Armory' door over by the sewer workers - any suggestions?

Apartment 1 key - in Caretaker's Slot in basement. Though I initially entered this apartment by bashing into windows shutters.

Armory key - sadly don't remember specific location. All I know it's in the same building.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    I can't find it Do you mean the one with the body and the spider? or the one with the dead mecanists who played with explosives? or the one with the broken handle in the mecanist room and the elevator?
    There's a notice about a door being jammed and not to close it. The Marketplace Main Key is in that room. It's next to the Pawnshop and B&J's General Goods Store, if I understood well, what are you looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I did the same. I cursed loudly when I found the No. 2 entrance.

I'm pretty well along in both loot and secrets, but one problem I'm facing is that I cannot get into Apartment 1, nor the 'Armory' door over by the sewer workers - any suggestions?
    Well I didn't intend that entrance, but glad it's possible and some people found it from that side anyways.

The sewer armory's key is in a secret passage, dropped on the floor. It's near the starting area. More hint: check the captain's office or the mechanist's flat right at the beginning to find it.

Apartment 1: Have you found the Caretaker's key? It opens basement slot 2 where you can find the Apt #1 key.
    Alternatively you can bash open the shutters with your sword, and enter through the windows if you have trouble finding the key.

Awesome first game! Thank you for the Christmas present.

Got over 5000 loot and at least 13 secrets.

Stuck on two things:

1) There's a locker near the start I can't lockpick. Any hints on key location please?
    2) There is a moss arrow in the plant in in Ziggy's office. It is making a clicking noise as if it is a lock. I've tried 'watering' it with a water arrow. I also tried bringing some plant nutrient from the apartment full of plants, but since it didn't go in my inventory I couldn't use it to 'unlock' the moss arrow. Any hints please?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast