TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Greyquarter Heist (21st Dec., 2020)

T2 FM: The Greyquarter Heist (21st Dec., 2020)

Hello Everyone!

Hereby I present you my first FM The Greyquarter Heist.
    Since it's almost Christmas time, you can consider this as my Christmas gift to the community - though the release date is just a mere coincidence

I hope you'll like it

Download links here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14sC...ew?usp=sharing
    Taffers Paradise: http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...reyquarter.zip

First of all, I want to thank to all my betatesters:
    Apebeard, Apiai, Beltzer, Bikerdude, Bob_doe_nz, Cardia, Gloria Creep, Mat99, Psych0sis, Supremcee.

Special thanks to: FlixXxer and Squadafroinx for proofreading. Bikerdude for the map he created. Mat99 for additional help and technical support. Tannar for help in setting up betatesting. Nicked for his absolute beginners guide which launched my start into building this mission. Brethren for hosting Southquarter.
    As well as everyone who created tutorials for dromed or helped me in any way even if it was just answering a simple question

And some of important info about the mission:
    The FM was created for Thief 2 in DromEd 1.25, thus NewDark 1.25 or later is required.
    The FM works fine with FMsel or AngelLoader. Using either of these FM loaders is recommended.
    Also please read the readme, it contains some technical information as well as the briefing for the mission.

Happy Holidays Taffers!

-----

Walkthrough (for Expert):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUl...7lnKwaLPy/view
    Here's a detailed walkthrough for the mission on expert, in case someone would need it. Use it wisely
    Notice: I don't take responsibility for any typos, grammatical errors or missed colorings. Probably I was tired enough when I wrote this. Maybe one day I'll correct it and add a version for normal/hard. Maybe not - time will tell...
    Last edited by Taylor; 24th Feb 2021 at 14:48. Reason: Walkthrough added

Superb, I'm gonna give it a go now. Happy Holidays

Congrats on the release! 20 years after the game was released and we're still getting fresh blood in the community of FM authors! Amazing!

Congratulations on this release, will be such a privilege to get to experience the novelty of it being fresh.

Thanks, a new FM is a present any time of year, but especially now this year.

Looks like a lot to do and explore, and 16 secrets!

downloading and going to play it now ,will post on results

Taylor this is a brilliant mission, thought I would take a quick look before checking in for the night, 3 hours later at 3am with seriously bleary eyes and only halfway done, loot wise anyway (only 2 secrets so far). The sewers are just fabulously well designed, with a bit of everything thrown in and at you, passageways going in all directions, going round in circles, rooms all over the place.

Thank you for this gem, I highly recommend it, just don't start playing at midnight if you have to go to work in the morning.

I got it. Thanks!

need a bit of help i have done everything but find captain greyquarters treasure and hints on where to look,12/16 secrets so far also i need to find 1 more fire arrow i got 2 used one on torch to get clue to find 3 to hit wall to get i am guessing greyquarters treasure?

thank you in advance

also is there a way into sewers where that archers is below greyquarters mansion? i saw a gate in basement of hotel but not sure if it can be opened?
    Last edited by downwinder; 22nd Dec 2020 at 01:48.

Thanks, all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need a bit of help i have done everything but find captain greyquarters treasure and hints on where to look,12/16 secrets so far also i need to find 1 more fire arrow i got 2 used one on torch to get clue to find 3 to hit wall to get i am guessing greyquarters treasure?
    There are 4 fire arrows in the mission overall, regardless of difficulty. If you used up more than one elsewhere, I fear you can't access the treasure , you're supposed to lit the torch with a flare, to spare fire arrows.
    And otherwise yes, you guess right, just find 3 fire arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    also is there a way into sewers where that archers is below greyquarters mansion? i saw a gate in basement of hotel but not sure if it can be opened?
    Nope, there's no way to enter those (and nothing of interest is there)

ok i will use a earlier save to complete it thank you ,great mission by the way,lots of fun,also i was hoping the downwinder with dewdrop was me,but he was bert,and also found 2 other dewdrops not frobable one on pagan little girl and one in a cradle i think

ok mission complete all objectives 13/16 secrets a bit over 5k loot

had a great time playing it,hope you make more mission

i was even able to get on balcony with 2 female by mansion 2 water arrow and 1 moss arrow the wine and cups were fake :P

fire arrows i found were one in den armory,one in mech armory ,used flare on torch for third,where was 4th one?
    Last edited by downwinder; 22nd Dec 2020 at 03:39.

Thanks Downwinder!
    I'm planning to build other FMs. So let's hope, I'll have the time for it (and finish it before 2030)

And congrats on mission completed, over 5k loot is a nice job!

The thieves aren't actually downwinders, rather a smaller rival group. And for Dewdrop(s), the other two are unfrobbable, because those kids need their dolls more than Garrett does.

Presuming, you're playing on expert, the fourth fire arrow is on the balcony with the ladies you just mentioned: look under the table.
    Last edited by Taylor; 22nd Dec 2020 at 03:58.

Congratulations on your first mission. I look forward to sneaking some time to play.

Congratulations Taylor on your first FM - fills me with joy to see new authors having a good crack at the Dromed beast. I shall download and get my sneaking shoes on. Thank you

That's a really nice mission, but I have no clue where treasure is located.

Edit: Nevermind, I read downwinder's post more carefully and I figured it out. Mission finished in over 3 hours, got 5048 loot and 13 secrets. I also scored 64 picked locks (!), that's a lot. Mission was fun to play, I like design, different apartments look unique. Map wasn't helpful though. I tried to locate myself on the map when I was on street, but I never could do it. City's layout is different than what map shows. Captain's treasure is located in random place. On the other hand I liked that you can access many places from different routes. I also liked humor with 2 ladies balcony. Though I think this joke with everyone losing their keys is a bit overused. I also had really unfortunate accident with long picklock crate. I spent 2 min to unlock it, found key for it, used it on lock, so crate got locked and key vanished and in the end I saved game. Sigh, I was forced to spend another 2 min opening this crate to grab loot from it. Pretty fun mission. Thanks for making.

Edit 2: One more question: Is there any key for Boathouse? Or am I suppose to use force to open it?
    Last edited by Galaer; 22nd Dec 2020 at 14:31.

Amazing city mission, just perfect for Christmas days.

Many thanks and keep up your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    That's a really nice mission, but I have no clue where treasure is located.

Edit: Nevermind, I read downwinder's post more carefully and I figured it out. Mission finished in over 3 hours, got [...]
    Thanks for the review. Please put a spoiler on your loot / secret result just in case, thank you!
    The map shows some streets outside the actual mission, use the sewer route as a standard, as the marked sewers cover the area available as well as mark the places where there's something outside the severs.

For that crate I tried to make it obvious that it's meant to be opened with the key. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

galaer the boathouse key is on top of one of the lockers,behind boathouse door ,i sword bashed it then found key :P

Due to many reasons I rarely post my opinions of Thief missions here, but in this case I'll make an exception:

@Taylor You have outdone yourself, and that on your first FM! There's a lot to see and do here. It's not without fault, but those faults can easily be attributed to a beginner making his first steps... well, as far as people are willing to buy that one for a dollar.

And I thank you for the Christmas present you brought to all of us! It shall keep us warm during the holidays!

where can i find the recipe book?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    where can i find the recipe book?
    You need to back and forth between Blasio's shop and the nearby fortune teller.

(Bigger spoiler) That fortune teller likes to use a lot of mood lighting for her readings it seems.

First mission? You got to be kidding me. The level looks at least pro to me.

(Bigger spoiler) That fortune teller likes to use a lot of mood lighting for her readings it seems.[/QUOTE]

i found the room of the of the fortune teller but i can't comprehend what to do?

There is a phrase "And I don't think their so called customers were reasonable for that" in the coffee house employee diary. My English is far from good but I'm sure there must be "responsible" (or some similar word) instead of "reasonable."

It took me more than 3 hours to formally finish the mission but I have not the slightest idea where to look for the treasure. Any hint for the start?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast