TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Think we can all agree it's been one hell of a year so just wanted to extend best wishes to everyone here, especially to those who are not able to be with family or friends at this time for whatever reason.
    Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and that your year to come is only filled with good.

All Bless and Take Care

The same to you and all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. For those that are not Christians, all the best wishes to you and your faith. For those that have faith in humanism, well, you are out of luck, but best wishes to you too. Hey, it all ends in the end, no matter where your faith is directed. May you all have peace and goodness in 2021.

Here's to hoping this year doesn't have a sequel... oh, wait.

Anyway, take care and stay safe regardless.

Taking the Death Toll
    All I want for Christmas is January 1st.

Still Subjective
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

2021 should be much better.

Happy winter solstice celebration, my atheist comrades. Vodka?

The Season's Greetings to one and all!

LittleFlower
    Happy Holidays! 2021 is gonna be a lot more fun than 2020. That's for sure.

Merry Christmas and happy solstice!

The deepest meaning of this time is always basically the same in every tradition. The days (in the northern hemisphere) have been getting shorter and shorter, and the nights longer and longer, and we might think darkness and despair and hopelessness will overtake us completely. But starting from the winter solstice, the darkness stops its creeping in, and the days start getting longer again, like a promise of new hope and new life. The cycle begins anew. The universe hasn't abandoned us. Things will get better, the sun and the flowers and fruits and all of that and what those things represent in our lives.

It's an important thing to realize especially for this year, and I hope you all find renewed hope and sunshine in your life for the new year!

I like demagogues take on things. My wife and I are now an old couple with only memories of Christmas with children at home. If you have them then treasure them. These are the days you will always remember. If not then treasure those who love you. Treasure the meals and conversations and laughter. Treasure those who remember you and reach out if only in phone calls. They love you. Never forget that.

And you know what? I love you. I know I only know you through a forum and only through bits of information you have shared but much of it has helped me. We have reached out to one another across miles and viewpoints and you have given your precious time to let me know what you think. That is a kind of love given to your fellow man. I thank you. Bless you. My hope for humanity rests with you. You restore my faith in my fellows with your interest. This night is about a good man who tried to help and had his faults and paid dearly. I don't ask that you embrace everything he espoused, only that you reach out as he did, and believe in good. Fight for it. Every day and no matter the cost. It is worth every moment spent in helping one another. All our lives end the same. But remember that some of what we do gets passed on. It is our only immortality. Make it good for the sake of your fellows. It is never a mistake to love.

Merry Christmas everyone.

verbose douchebag
    Merry xmas all.

Merry Christmas, Brighter Solstice and a much better New Year to you all!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Taking the Death Toll
    Happy Straight Pride Day. Very low-key for me this year, which is fine. Roommate made dinner, we exchanged some gifts, then I watched one of my holiday tradition movies ("The Thing From Another World") before having a nice e-date with my joyfriend.

All in all, just another day, albeit one where I got a weighted blanket.

Still Subjective
    Well it's still going on fellas! Boxing Day is going to be turkey sandwiches I think.

If you've got an idea for leftovers, please pay them here.

I did turkey crown, brined since the 23rd, stuffed (under the skin) with mushrooms, nuts, thyme and red wine. Turned out really nice and moist and we've half left!

Plan is: fry slices of turkey, then put in the grill machine on buttered bread, bits of the leftover roast potatoes and sliced dill pickle and mustard (I'll have Dijon but I know everyone else will have English). If the potatoes run out I such to cheese.

No cranberry sauce this year but I might add some strawberry or raspberry jam! And a reheated Yorkshire pudding on the side (since I made far too many)

verbose douchebag
    Best uses for leftovers are always pie and / or soup.

Yeah yeah, merry fucking Yule or whatever. It was shit. Got some good creative work done, though. Also made something sweet and savoury to overindulge in, so maybe not as shitty as it started.

Still Subjective
    Another ray of sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Best uses for leftovers are always pie and / or soup.
    Pie is an interesting idea! Next time!

Here's hoping the new year will be better! I wish you all happiness, health, and prosperity

Taking the Death Toll
    Damn. Weighted blanket's got hands. Pretty much puts me in a coma.

Still Subjective
    I've heard good things about them. You get the idea if you have a heavy duvet, but are weighted blankets warm? Would you use them in summer?

Taking the Death Toll
    Warm in the best possible way. The pressure is like a hug. Summertime I'm rolling this thing up and stuffing it in a closet, though.

Buy a duvet cover (there's special ones for weighted blankets that work like an envelope) so you can keep the blanket clean.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Another ray of sunshine
    Yeah yeah, happy fucking new year to you too! ^-^/

Still Subjective
    Happy New Year! But early, but nevermind.
    Last edited by SubJeff; 29th Dec 2020 at 13:51.

buon anno nuovo

may it be an inspirational year for greater missions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast