TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - A Midsummer Night's Heist (Jan 1, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Download link is broken! Couldn't preview file. It says
    You can still download the mission by clicking on the down arrow icon at the top of the page.

You can still download without a preview; it's not broken.

Just finished the mission, and it was a very nice little mansion heist. Architecture was very well done.

I enjoyed the optional objective to limit KOs to 2. That made for some pretty tight stealth and good chases. Liked that it was very vertical, spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to sink a couple rope arrows to snatch the gemstone off the security stand. A very exciting map to play that kept me on my feet. Second the prev poster who said this feels like a highly polished map.

Found the last secret. It was very sneaky.

Hint: it's a secret within secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Found the last secret. It was very sneaky.

Hint: it's a secret within secret.
    Wow well done! This should be the second one "secret in secret".
    Should we look for it inside or outside?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    You can still download the mission by clicking on the down arrow icon at the top of the page.
    I tried that too. That does not work either. Any mirrors?

@Cheela: I meant that secret is located in other secret room. You know how many secret rooms are in this mission: 2. Happy hunting.

One weird thing I noticed when searching for secrets was: there is only one bathroom and only one toilet in the whole mansion. Master has the only bathroom, but for in order to make other business, he must descend to 1st floor like everyone else.
    Last edited by Galaer; 4th Jan 2021 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I tried that too. That does not work either. Any mirrors?
    It's up on Taffers Paradise: http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...IL_AMNH1.0.zip

This was the second contest mission Ive played so far. If I understand correctly "one million Dromed units" was supposed to be limiting. lol

This mission felt huge,and was so fun ghosting while covering so many areas above and below. I will play this again soon cause I didn't get all secrets. This was beautifully textured and some tricky patrols . Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    @Cheela: I meant that secret is located in other secret room. You know how many secret rooms are in this mission: 2. Happy hunting.
    Okay, I just mean one of the secrets was accessible only through a secret and it was outside - at least i managed to gain it only this way. This is now the second one through a revealed secret... Blah blah blah never mind
    Well, let's see...

@Cheela: Garden secret I found by jumping from 2nd woman's bedroom window on ledge. That's how I also found sewer secret. So for me it wasn't secret within secret. I'm talking about attic secret room and sewer secret room. In one of them there is hidden a secret.[/SPOIL]

please i need a hint.

in the basement there is a door locked with a gear . behind the first door there is a second door. where can i get the key for this second door?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    please i need a hint.

in the basement there is a door locked with a gear . behind the first door there is a second door. where can i get the key for this second door?
    I believe this security key should be in possession of Master of the mansion.

i found a way in to the rooms of mr&mrs vasko . the rooms behind the doors with the two lions in front of.

but i found no additional key, except of the key to come out of this rooms

radogoal: Use Vasko's key on that door.

Regarding secrets:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    5. in attic more see Miss Vasco's notes
    Can someone help with this one? I'm in the attic room above Miss Vasco's room, and I can see the outline of the secret door, but I can't open it. I've turned gamma to maximum and crept around in the room until I'm pretty sure I've put eyeballs on every single surface including the sides of floor planks, and I've also looked begind furniture, but there aren't any buttons, switches or levers. I've also searched the main attic adjacent to this one. How exactly is this supposed to be opened? The only extraordinary thing I could find was an electrical lamp adjacent to the secret door that's slightly misaligned, but it's not frobbable.

Also, while on the topic, what about the sewer secret room? Does this refer to the metal slab that opens from other side and gives you acces to the space that connects the sewers with the ledge above the garden, or is this another, different secret room?
    Last edited by Arrowgrab; 4th Jan 2021 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Regarding secrets:

Can someone help with this one? I'm in the attic room above Miss Vasco's room, and I can see the outline of the secret door, but I can't open it. I've turned gamma to maximum and crept around in the room until I'm pretty sure I've put eyeballs on every single surface including the sides of floor planks, and I've also looked begind furniture, but there aren't any buttons, switches or levers. I've also searched the main attic adjacent to this one. How exactly is this supposed to be opened? The only extraordinary thing I could find was an electrical lamp adjacent to the secret door that's slightly misaligned, but it's not frobbable.
    As for the first point, i can confirm that the switch to open the attic secret door is in the same room.

Does this refer to the metal slab that opens from other side and gives you acces to the space that connects the sewers with the ledge above the garden
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkins View Post
    As for the first point, i can confirm that the switch to open the attic secret door is in the same room.
    I've just gone back there and looked at every wall, ceiling and floor surface with maximum gamma again, and still can't find anything, so could you just please tell me where it is exactly?

I've just gone back there and looked at every wall, ceiling and floor surface with maximum gamma again, and still can't find anything, so could you just please tell me where it is exactly?
    On the same wall of the hidden door: check one of the vertical wood pillars on the left end of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkins View Post
    On the same wall of the hidden door: check one of the vertical wood pillars on the left end of the wall.

Thanks, I finally found it! I've been inordinately frustrated with this particular trick in other FM's before, too. Even if you're looking at it from roughly the right angle, you might still miss it because the inside of the hollow is the same colour and texture as the outside surface, and what little of the switch pokes out is a tiny grey/red spot of a similar hue, making you miss it if if you're looking from beyond frobbing distance.

Thanks, I finally found it! I've been inordinately frustrated with this particular trick in other FM's before, too. Even if you're looking at it from roughly the right angle, you might still miss it because the inside of the hollow is the same colour and texture as the outside surface, and what little of the switch pokes out is a tiny grey/red spot of a similar hue, making you miss it if if you're looking from beyond frobbing distance.
    Yes, it also happened to me many times.

This was a really fun mansion heist! I always enjoy having plenty of different routes to move about, especially via hidden passages.

Found 2957 / 3480 loot and 3 / 6 secrets.

finished in 15 minutes on "normal" difficult. Love the way how the mansion is constructed in a very detailed way,visually it's very satisfying , also the gameplay and the readables are very captivating.

Many thanks for this high quality mission, will definitely replay it some day in "expert mode.

This one will receive a high note from me.

After playing few T2 missions in the past couple of years, I was surprised by how good Dark Engine environments can look with higher-definition textures and colored lighting. A Midsummer Night's Heist is one good looking mission!

I managed to complete an ironman of the mission on my first attempt in 1 hour and 11 minutes on Normal difficulty. Snatched the Lion's Fury early on, then started laughing when the alarm went off and I rembered that this is a thing in T2. Got 2858 of 3480 loot and 1 of 6 secrets. I am afraid I had to senselessly murder 4 guards in the mansion since I got spotted a few times. After the corpses had piled up on blood-stained floors, I could have spent more time searching the now empty mansion for more loot, but I was satisfied with my experience and opted to end my run to avoid an accidental death after a long session without saves.

I noticed many names mentioned in the journals sound vaguely Eastern European. Is this a clue to the author's identity?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast