TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - The Perdurance (Jan 1, 2021)

1 Million Units Contest - The Perdurance (Jan 1, 2021)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission The Perdurance by Skejven.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission is for THIEF 2!
    Last edited by skacky; 10th Jan 2021 at 13:54. Reason: Updated main link with French translation

Is there a way to get rid of those mech sound mummies or I have to ghost them

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Is there a way
    I have found only 1 light grenade so ghosting is the way. But that wasn't difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Is there a way to get rid of those mech sound mummies or I have to ghost them
    Yes you can't get rid of them, this doesn't mean you have to ghost the mission tho

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    I have found only 1 light grenade so ghosting is the way. But that wasn't difficult...
    Light grenade? Missed that. Where do I look for it? Planning to lure them with a noisemaker in the same spot and then flashing both maybe?

I don't remember. Somewhere on the shelf. It wasn't hidden in any way. Anyway, you need two to actually hurt them. I suppose they abide by the standard zombie logic.

Where is bronze gear? Journal mentions Engine Ends. Engine is on the lowest floor, right? I checked it. No gear. I also checked warehouse, area near stairs and room with water at the middle. Still no gear. I also checked every body. No gear. The only gear I found was silver, but it was just part of loot. I am searching for 25 min. Where is this damn gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Where is bronze gear? Journal mentions Engine Ends. Engine is on the lowest floor, right? I checked it. No gear. I also checked warehouse, area near stairs and room with water at the middle. Still no gear. I also checked every body. No gear. The only gear I found was silver, but it was just part of loot. I am searching for 25 min. Where is this damn gear?
    Are you sure you checked every body? There is one body in engine room near a wall with that bronze gear, it shouldn't be hard to spot as it's laying in a lit spot

Thanks, found it. I have no idea how did I manage to miss it.

mission complete,i enjoyed this mission

Fantastic horror mission! I loved the buildup of the creepy atmosphere before Garrett descends below deck.

Found 1475 / 1600 loot.

Mission beat in almost 1 hour, but half of this time is searching for certain gear. Also only missed 25 loot. Really good atmosphere and fun mission. It feels short though. I have no idea why author force fog through fm.cfg. Most of the people plays with fog anyway and people who don't play, like me, will immediately edit fm.cfg to disable fog. Also when searching for gear I thought it's maybe behind white double door, so while searching I found 2 "No Speedbrains Allowed" scrolls. What's about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I have no idea why author force fog through fm.cfg. Most of the people plays with fog anyway and people who don't play, like me, will immediately edit fm.cfg to disable fog. Also when searching for gear I thought it's maybe behind white double door, so while searching I found 2 "No Speedbrains Allowed" scrolls. What's about that?
    Eh, in FMInfo.txt file I said "PLEASE keep the fog on (or if for whatever reason it's turned off, please do turn it on), it's very important part of the mission."
    The No Speedbrains Allowed is just a meme

Of the five released so far, this one is on the top, besides "A Midsummer Night's Heist".
    Last edited by Beltzer; 3rd Jan 2021 at 03:45.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I moved the discussion about fog, and more broadly about authors forcing settings and whether or not players should honor those choices, into its own thread. Please keep discussion here about the mission itself and continue that discussion in the new thread.

I had a trap set up for one of the zombies, and I heard it around the corner. I realized it wasn't getting any closer anymore, so upon investigation I noticed that the zombie somehow got caught up in the pipes in the ceiling. I was able to whack it 20-30 times but it wouldn't die. Anyway this is a very well put together mission and is certainly very creative!

Neat idea but a little too much metal for my liking but I found that if youstay crouched and in the shadows the monsters left you alone I even had one bump into me
    pwl

Just finished this on Normal mode in 41 min 35 sec, found 1300 out of 1600 loot. The architecture and the atmosphere of this missions were great, the story was nice. The only problem was the gameplay which was a bit frustrating. After i entered inside the ship on the broken window on the first floor i was haunted all the time by the damn mummies not having a second of rest They were everywhere, on the first floor, on the deck level, under the deck, in every room i was they were there. I could not find a way to get rid of them so i was forced to ghost almost the entire level. They had a speed boost moving like a train after me, was very hard to get rid of them and the metal and black marble mechanist floors just made things worse. Because of that i could not explore every room as i wanted and finding the bronze gear was a long and painfull process. Maybe if they behave like normal zombies things could be much easier for players i think.
    Also the mission appeared small to me. Overall i gave this mission 6/10 rating. Thank you for making it!
    Last edited by Master of Dromed; 3rd Jan 2021 at 02:37.

I would appreciate guys if you would use spoilers

Small mission but it is forcing a gameplay that thief game was meant to be played. Taking in to account the time you had to build it 9/10 from me (I would use 10/10 if there was a hidden chest somewhere with holy water or some fire arrows)

Although the plot of that FM is excellent I couldn't finish it because of those fast and aggressive AIs. I wasn't able to defend myself and the noisy floors made it even worse.

However, I was able to loot 1200/1600 and therefore satisfied.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I like the plot and creepy atmosphere in this FM, but dropped it when I got down to the zombie-like AIs.

I liked this mission. The way you designed it raised the tension very well
    Also I liked how well you built the trashed up state of this ship.
    Finished on expert with whatever amount of loot (I think I've missed like 150)

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Although the plot of that FM is excellent I couldn't finish it because of those fast and aggressive AIs. I wasn't able to defend myself and the noisy floors made it even worse.
    [...]
    It's some general thing about AI in Thief, but I put it in a spoiler just in case:
    Try crouching in complete darkness (i.e. when you are in maximum dark even with a weapon raised), without equipping any weapon. That way enemies won't notice you when pass by, sometimes not even when they're searching for you on alert level 2.
    The same is true for these zombies (or whatever they were).
    Works with most enemies unless they emit light or are somehow altered (e.g. super sensitive)

Superb little mission, well done Skejven.

I'm not a fan of horror but this mission got the horror level just right for me, a good dollop of scares but nothing too frightening that made me want to give up. The ship was nicely decorated throughout with upturned furniture and dead bodies all over the place. I did get caught in the Captain's quarters in the end when trying to get the mask, the zombie decided he was not going to leave that room, so I had to make a mad dash for the safe, grab the mask and leap over the railing before high tailing it to my boat.

Overall a wonderful experience.

Thank you!

I played this one too and also finished it.
    I find that it is lacking some story unless there are some notes/readables i missed.
    But the rest is very well made.

Its good as it is and doesnt need updates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast