TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - The Turning of the Leaves (Jan 1, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Could you tell me please which is the third ingredient for fireplace? I have logs and flint+steel.
    I wonder how the fireplace can be lit... technically impossible. There is simply no time to use even the second ingredient, but all the three...

Mission completed, all secrets but loot only 4475/4710 + a bonus objective. Loved the mood of this mission, the sounds of nature as well.

Edit: Some of you have mentioned werewolves and wolfsbane bomb - I have not found any reference in the game, could you please give a hint? Played on expert. -.. okay never mind i figured it out

what is the "funkenkristall" = sparkling crystall?? for? thank you
    Most of your questions are answered once, hint, you find a semi-secret room within Thieves hideout, which is fairly obvious if you explore slowly.

Hints for the rest of questions - There is a readable found in a house suggesting one's lycantrophy, regarding sparkling crystal if its the one you found from a bed then you'll see what it is for once you find that semi-secret room within Thieves hideout, otherwise I forgot what it was for.
    Last edited by Ghostly; 2nd Jan 2021 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    If you're having problems with frobbing items, please download this new version which contains the custom scripts I used (rookie error when packaging the mission!):

Version 1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGC...ew?usp=sharing
    Can I use the savegame from the previous version?

edit:Used it. still not working chests are unfrobable.

You must restart the mission for the changes to take effect.

I finished the mission with 4031/4710 loot and found 4/7 secrets. The atmosphere was great and I liked the story. The beginning situation was also very interesting - Garrett has just escaped and the thugs are looking for him.

also thank you nicked for adding dewdrop when i found him i was very happy to see him on that hut,he also loved the journey of the mission

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    Most of your questions are answered once,
    Thank you! and i am so sorry bothering you needlessly.

The problem was that i haven't read that book after gaining it. I am in a baad realtionship with readings.
    Btw, i have already discovered that semi-secret room. But going back there, those 3 boxes worked no more, so I couln't try out the "recipes". (edit: a reload solved the problem)

Okay, another question: tried to create a "werwolf-bomb", but i get back the three ingredients (playing in German: Minenfassung (=Auslöser +Metallgehäuse), eine Phiole Weihwasser, eine Prise Blutwurz) from the amalgamator. Can this bomb be created at all? Thanks

Never mind, i have already found the problem: there is one more ingredient missing at Werwolf-bomb in german version: Heiltrank. I checked the english version of Amalgamator handbook.
    Bomb is created

And now, where to use that bomb? Nothing happens when using it at the guy in his cabin - i already ko-ed him
    Last edited by Cheela; 2nd Jan 2021 at 16:21.

I like helping so its never a bother for me, did you try and see if download version 1.1 perhaps that will fix it, unless those boxes have limited quantity.

I just finished with only 2 secrets and a lot of loot to find. I didn't have any problems with scripts or frobbing anything.

Whenever a game is saved in Thief it saves the condition of everything... map, objects, scripts loaded or not loaded so it would be necessary to restart the mission once all of the needed files are in place.

I got the firewood and flint & steel, but I'm not sure what the third item is.

Thanks Ghostly

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I got the firewood and flint & steel, but I'm not sure what the third item is.
    Check the guide book for Amalgamator, you need to create that third ingredient in that machine

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Regarding the Wolfsbane bomb, I tried dropping it (several times) on the guy in the cabin who alludes to being a werewolf, but never got any kind of confirmation I was doing the right thing. I assumed it would be a bonus objective.

Edit: scratch that, I did find the correct person to use the bomb on.
    Could someone give me a hint please, where? Thank you
    Last edited by Cheela; 2nd Jan 2021 at 16:42.

ok thanks Cheela!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Could someone give me a hint please, where? Thank you
    Same building, different area.

Just finished What a Great mission enjoyed it very much this contest is going to be very hard for me to pick a winner all I have played so far have been FANtastic!!
    Thank you for this gem.
    pwl

FYI, the download link says the file is in the owner's trash. The download button does appear briefly on the top right, and I was able to snag it, but maybe we should have another mirror

That's because nicked uploaded a fixed version and I forgot to edit the OP. It's done now and points to the new archive.
    Last edited by skacky; 2nd Jan 2021 at 18:58.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Same building, different area.
    Thank you! It was hard to find. Wow, what a story...

Now, trying to throw away everyting i can and gain the third bonus objective . But i am afraid i have to restart the mission for gaining everything. There is simply no time to light that damn fire. It would be great if the mission would end in the upper room, on the bed f. e. but it is only my personal taste

Interesting mission, favorite Congrats, nicked!

I am having trouble finding the lock picks

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I am having trouble finding the lock picks
    Have you already found that creepy place in the forest with a torso on the grate?
    exacter hint: in Yaren's workshop
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd Jan 2021 at 06:05.

Believe it or not, I was about to give up when I finally discovered the bolt cutter.
    I like the plot with the thieves hideout camouflaged as a spooky ruin. The rain sound in the buildings spontaneously reminded me of Sturmdrang Peak.

Played "Hard" and looted 3850/4710 but obviously didn't discover all secrets in the ancient temple because of those creepy transparent creatures.

@Cheela: Sorry for the missing ingredient if I did miss one in the german text.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

@ zappenduster:
    Thank you for making the german translation

for the transparent creatures : have you tried to kill them with a big sword hit from behind + some smaller ?

Playing the version 1.1 from scratch and using Dark engine version 1.27 but perhaps I am simply just doing something wrong?

Help - Wolfsbane bomb does it trigger anything?

What I have tried it on - The sleeping guy that was desperately seeking a cure for his unholy curse, and various spots around his house in all floors, the sleeping cultist in the church, on the reanimated skeleton entity in temple for the heck.

I have finished the mission numeroous times now it was such an interesting theme to explore, even found all 7 secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    The sleeping guy that was desperately seeking a cure for his unholy curse
    Search the basement of his house and you'll found the obvious usage for the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Search the basement of his house and you'll found the obvious usage for the bomb.
    Oooh thank you, I failed to see that lever till now, cheers!

Here are some hints for the secrets:
    (if i may not post them please delete this)

1. Granny Bithel's hut more: at basement
    2. ancient temple 1st floor more: skulls
    3. ancient temple 2nd floor more: something big
    4. gang's hideout, latrine
    5. gang's hideout, Fingol's quarter
    6. gang's hideout, in semi-secret room with machine more: near machine
    7. in crypts more: slash banner
    (of course, thanks Dahenjo!)

Bonus objectives:
    discover the whole map
    break the "curse"
    light the fire in the hut
    Last edited by Cheela; 4th Jan 2021 at 02:14.

#7. in crypts more: slash banner

Was 45 short in two plays (v1.0 & 1.1) with 7/7 secrets & 2/3 bonuses (forgot to start fire in cabin before finishing objectives). The only issue was in v1.0 with all mods disabled in AL (my usual setting unless author recommends using them) the flowers didn't show onscreen or go into inventory, then I enabled mods again which solved it so am not sure what else may have been affected, but nothing else was & v1.1 worked fine with or without mods disabled.

Just superb outdoor design with the vegetation motion, tree & other natural textures, some of the best done imo with the game's limitations, everything else too just great design, story, everything resolved by keeping at it & great fun to play, kudos to the author!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast