TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Horizontal Camera Challenge for Thief Gold

MISSION 10 - SONG OF THE CAVERNS

I'm looking N

From wall I do 2 potions stack to mantle on gargoyle and on higher roof. This way I can do silent crouch back jump into tower and KO archer. Before progressing into cave bring crate with yourself. To get out from ledge with nugget you need to do left jump and mantle on left stairs. After talking with Raoul shoot rope arrow on ceiling left from wooden beams, climb up, jump and strafe forward left. You can't use ladders to get out of sewers, they are too high and too much on the left. You can't do back jump from north ledge to south, because gap is slightly too big. Only single item becomes solid in water, so if you stack other items they will stay non solid. Crate dropped into water by you stays non solid, so put it on north ledge and go behind it and jump in place to push it into water. This way it will stay solid. Mantle on it and back jump on south ledge.

In wine cellar I get weapon glitch like from Thief 2, so I can't attack until I crouch or jump. In east room I can do 3 potions stack and crouch back to bottle while in west room I stack 3 crates and crouch back to bottle. But both bottles are solid and stop my movements. They are too behind to be grabbed. Door to dressing room is too behind and despite wooden texture is made out of metal. In tikcets I let servant to escape in order to open metal door. This means that I jump over counters to KO alerted guards. Plate room is also too behind. From basement fireplace I can get to secret wall. It's too much on the left, but by jumping in place I can lure singers to open it. Behind scene I climb ladder to SE corner and do back jump to 2nd floor.

I can't use secret passage to Lady Valerius, because it's too much on the right. Side goblets on cupboard can be taken with lean jumps, but for middle one you need to stack 4 potions to jump on it. Room with 2 goblets is too behind. 3rd floor library door is too behind. In west room secret switch is too much on the left, so more loot to skip. I can only get to 3rd floor by using main stairs. Luckily stationary archers aren't here - I guess that servant from tikcet room brought them there.

Lady Valerius door is too behind (bust #1). Inside purple box with chest key on shelf is also too behind (bust #2). I can take banner passage to dressing room and do 2 potions stack to crouch back to purse, but it blocks my way and it's too behind. In Cribs both safe and flute is too much on the left (bust #3-4). Here I noticed that for loot objective I still need 180 loot, but I already skipped 930 loot and leeway for this mission is only 920 loot. So I'm forced to do another bust to get more loot. I chose secret switch in 2nd floor west room to get 250 loot (bust #5). I left opera through front entrance.

STATS:

Time: 2:05:46; Loot: 2070/2920
    Pockets Picked: 8/13; Locks Picked: 6
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 57; While Airborne: 1
    Damage Dealt: 58; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 4
    Busts: 5 (Lady Valerius door + purple box on shelf, Cribs safe + flute, loot room)

MISSION 12 - RETURN TO THE CATHEDRAL

I'm looking N

This mission has automatically closing door, so my plan for it is to get the Eye and get the hell out of here without doing Murus' quests. I already got to north part of cathedral in my 1st run, so I'm going to continue from there. In my original run I managed to get to hammer statue without turning, so I'm gonna start from there.

First I roped up to east wooden beam to jump to 2nd floor. This alerted haunts. I ignored it and jumped left on hammer statue to retrieve it. This brought haunts under statue, but I jumped right into room and waited for undead to calm down. Then I dropped and went behind undead through left door and to garden. Here I mantled on tree jumped on north room. For higher roof I needed to do 6 potions stack and lean climb. The rest was just using wall to jump to wall around cathedral and finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:13:36; Loot: 0/2126
    Locks Picked: 2
    Back Stabs: 8; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Busts: 0

MISSION 13 - ESCAPE!

I'm looking E

Diamond in upper cave requires roping up to most left part of wooden beam and jump, so angled part of beam will move you left. For Constantine's plans I used noisemaker arrow to lure 2 bugbeasts to each other in front of me and gassed them. Then I mantled on higher rock and roped up to treehouse. 2nd treehouse is too behind and to get to it you need to make stack of 2 rocks and crate south from treehouse. From it you need to lean climb to treehouse. Basement is behind me, so to deal with later enemies you need to douse torches, wait near crates, go left and KO surprised ratmen.

The whole 1st floor is behind me, so you need to lure frogs to kill them. I was in corner near doorway when frog seen me, went into doorway and exploded without hurting me. Between bar and didning room are 2 torches that are too much on the right side to be doused (water arrow goes through them). However it's possible to douse them. It look like that not only vertical movement affects trajectory of arrows, but also horizontal. So to douse torches I shot water arrow into them while moving right. I also was wondering if there will be still purse in this room even though in previous mission I got 0 loot and there is and it's worth 100 loot instead of 0.

STATS:

Time: 1:33:56; Loot: 1765/2080
    Locks Picked: 0
    Back Stabs: 4; Knock Outs: 23; While Airborne: 2
    Damage Dealt: 253; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 4
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 13
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 2

MISSION 14 - STRANGE BEDFELLOWS

I'm looking SE

Sneak along west part to undergrounds. Looks like there is special map that isn't available after pressing right arrow to go to next map page. East tunnel leading to 3 pillars room in NW part of undergrounds is a bit buggy. There are 2 spots (one inside tunnel and one near entrance to pillars room) where looking west will make part of undergrounds pitch black. For chisel lure green spider out of cave to kill it, then run right into cave, take chisel, go right along wall to place in front of red spider to kill it too. To get on bridge - drop on ratman returning from west part of bridge, go to middle and KO him. Lean right for key, map is too behind. After fight I heard noise of bugbeast shooting flies. It wasn't because it spotted me, he was shooting into opening. I knew before that scripted fight can alert it, but I had no idea it can see Hammerites through opening and attack them.

STATS:

Time: 0:30:18; Loot: 0/100
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 7
    Damage Dealt: 49; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 2
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1

MISSION 15 - INTO THE MAW OF CHAOS

I'm looking S

In my original run I managed to get to giant tree without turning, so I'm going to start from there. From particle ladder you can jump right for moss arrows, but red spider is too behind. I didn't try to climb particle ladder to top, because I assumed that red spider will shoot me. So I tried roping up on outside branches, but exit branch is too high on the left. So I returned to particle ladder and climbed to top. Red spider didn't notice me. Spider cave is too behind, so I was forced to jump backwards through it along right wall and then jump left to particle bridge while avoiding being shot by red spiders and melee attacked by green spiders. Last jump over lava requires 2 back jumps. Unfortunately portal is too behind, so I'm forced to turn in order to shoot 4 elemental orbs (bust #1-4). Ritual is easy as it's right in front of me.

STATS:

Time: 0:38:56; Loot: 0/0
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 6
    Damage Dealt: 71; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 5
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1
    Busts: 4 (4 elemental orbs)

TOTAL STATS:

Time: 21:07:42; Loot: 25364
    Damage Dealt: 1684; Damage Taken: 0
    Busts: 24