TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - The Cinder Notes (Jan 8, 2021)

1 Million Units Contest - The Cinder Notes (Jan 8, 2021)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission The Cinder Notes by Anonymous.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission is for THIEF 2!

-NEW- Apiai has provided a French translation for this mission, get it HERE.
    Last edited by Brethren; 9th Feb 2021 at 14:20.

Right off the bat, I have a very strong suspicion about who this author is. If so, a warm welcome back!

I just finished this and gotta say along with "a Midsummer Night's Heist" itīs my favourite mission of the contest Really liked the old, dirty, almost creepy atmosphere and the architecture.

The only thing that surprised me was that I didnīt even have to figure out the code, since I just did what the woman wrote about and turned off the turbine so I could use the 2. entrance to the library. Itīd make things more interesting if both things were needed to enter the library.

Also the bets of the guards were super funny But we never could figure out what really is in the north wing right? I expected some haunt to appear

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Right off the bat, I have a very strong suspicion about who this author is. If so, a warm welcome back!
    As soon i started it, thought the same thing. We'll see if i'm right

For those who may be put off by the opening list of objectives for Expert, "do not harm" anyone actually means "do not kill" anyone and is reworded that way on the in-game objectives list. You can blackjack civilians and guards.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 8th Jan 2021 at 16:19.

For those who adore tedious searching for boring things guided by obvious hints: the "shelf" code is 7168

Really nice mission, the style reminds me so much of The Ashen Age.....

Oof, this was amazing!

If this wasn't made by Sliptip, then it's the best damn forgery I've ever seen.

Beautiful architecture, lovely atmosphere, well-designed, balanced stealth and puzzles. Just wish it went on for longer!

i loved this mission,forsure top 3

He's back! or maybe iīm wrong. Mission finished in 1 hours in "normal" difficult,loved so much this mission, the beauty of every detail putted in each area is astounding, loved the daylight atmosphere, love the new sounds, excellent choice of textures, well decorated places, very satisfying gameplay, interesting readables. Thank you so much for this high quality mission

This will receive a very high score from me! Will play it later in "expert" mode

As soon as this mission loaded, I smiled and immediately knew who the author was.

Mission beaten in almost 1 hour and collected 2688 loot. While aesthetics in this mission aren't my cup of tea, I liked design of the city. There was a lot of places. Puzzle was interesting, but I think it's a bit too easy. Also I was interested in the story, too bad it doesn't specifically shows the contain of the notes. I think sound of groans in 2nd floor of inn was out of the place. The same goes for wind in Seminary. There are only 2 windows open there and they are in rooms with closed doors. Besides there is no wind outside. Also Garrett's footsteps, many times I mistook Garrett's footsteps as enemies footsteps. There is something about them that let me think that guard is approaching me.

Other much bigger for me thing was sound of wind. With my sensitive ears it's loud. So I wanted to lower volume, but I noticed that lowering ambient volume doesn't work on it for some reason. Usually wind is ambient sound in other FMs, so ambient setting affects it. Not in this mission. Speaking of which I had no problem with loudness of city part. But for wind part I was forced to greatly lower general sound setting, so unfortunately I couldn't hear enemies. Sadly this affect my experience with this mission greatly. I hope there will be update that will connect wind sound to ambient setting in the future.

Nice crafted mission, IMHO there could be more shadows. Nevertheless looted 2718/3383 and grabbed the required object on playing hard. Find the way back to the warehouse? I went back to where I started but the mission didn't quit ... so I did.

The lady in the blue robe fell into the water and died, but it was not my fault, I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderNotes.rtf
    * Loading Information *

This mission will work fine with DarkLoader. Just place the zip file in your missions folder.
    I still use it anyway but nice to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I expected some haunt to appear
    "No, the place isn't haunted! ... Next time, I'll tell Lord Carlin about all this nonsense."
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    "No, the place isn't haunted! ... Next time, I'll tell Lord Carlin about all this nonsense."
    Petze!

So put the code in, heard a sound. But cant figure out where I am supposed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    So put the code in, heard a sound. But cant figure out where I am supposed to go.
    Portcullis near code panel should raise. I also heard it's possible to do the same by turning off turbine. Maybe that's what you did.

It dosen't but I found one in the basement that did :-)

really liked this mission. Dont wanna highjack the thread but is there a list of daylight/dust missions on the ttlg ?

cheers I found it just after I posted

Thanks for releasing this beautiful mission. It had a nice southern touch. Reminded me somehow to a dilapidated place, especially the lower levels of the manor. I liked how well and ingenious the basement door code was hidden inside the building. So, a big plus from me!

(I have a strong assumption who made this FM, we will see. Very strong, unique and characteristic architectural style)

This mission is incredible in art, design and execution.
    This is truely a masterpiece.
    I couldnt solve the code lock puzzle alone but thats mostly thiefs fault...

Love this

Did I somehow break this mission?

I doused the generator with a water arrow but the portcullis did not raise up and since generator is off, the code which works is useless to me with no generator to power the gate.

A hint if there is something I missed, got the readable that does hint a secondary way in but it did not work, assuming the portcullis should raise once generator is doused with water arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    Did I somehow break this mission?

I doused the generator with a water arrow but the portcullis did not raise up and since generator is off, the code which works is useless to me with no generator to power the gate.

A hint if there is something I missed, got the readable that does hint a secondary way in but it did not work, assuming the portcullis should raise once generator is doused with water arrow.
    You didnīt break the mission the portcullis you are looking for is not the one in front of the code input field. You need to go down a crate with a small corridor and there is a portcullis which is open now that you turned the power of the generator off.

So I went down to the seminar basement and doused the generator with water, but the portcullis next to it didn't open

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast