TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - Nightwalk (Jan 8, 2021)

Nice FM with lots of open windows to get in. Looted 2773/2973.

Strange, I saw these two UFOs:
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Nice FM with lots of open windows to get in. Looted 2773/2973.

Strange, I saw these two UFOs:
    Were they there when you were just playing the mission and going about? Are you using TFix? I've only tested this mission with NewDark 1.27,

Finished with full loot on first playthrough. Ok in parts but seems like a first time author. Reminded me of early days Thief 1 fan missions, so it was actually a bit nostalgic. Not more than medium level quality overall though, but thank you for the entry!

Edit: Didn't find the recursive painting that you talked about before. Where is it?

This was the second mission tonight I blind ironmanned on expert and finished in almost exactly 25 minutes.

On the whole, I enjoyed this one. Like klatremus said, it was kind of nostalgic. I liked the placement of the loot and there wasn't anything that annoyed or frustrated me.

While the geometry is primitive, I thought the navigation between different locations above street level was pretty well thought out.

The biggest flaw, from my perspective, was the sound design. Ambient sounds abruptly changed at seemingly random points and the different selected ambients didn't fit the atmosphere of the locations where they were used. It might have been better if the author used fewer ambients in this size of mission and the player experienced fewer ambient transitions.

But it's a promising first mission. I hope to see the author develop their skills through additional missions!

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Didn't find the recursive painting that you talked about before. Where is it?
    If you found all the loot then you should have seen the room with the recursive painting too. It's in the highest accessible "apartment". The painting can't be stolen, I was just referring to the room.

Hey people, I finished two missions in this contest and I started to play this one but when it started all the floors were black and made no sound and I couldn't see any NPCs. I could see the surfaces of buildings but everything else was black. Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago when I tried to play Rose Garden. I don't know what's going on, is there any way to fix this?

Thief Gold. Not Thief 2.

I have that DarkLoader that should work for both Thief Gold and Thief 2.

Definitely recommend using DarkLoader specifically with Thief Gold. Saves you the trouble of the software thinking it's smarter than you and trying to do things behind the scenes. It's simple to set up!

DromEd Archmage
    No. DarkLoader is a loader that load the FM's resources into your main game resources.
    Since Thief 2 and Thief Gold don't have the same resources, loading a TG mission in T2 won't work and vice versa.

Besides, DarkLoader is obsolete and should not be used for NewDark missions. Use NewDarkLoader, FMSel or Angel Loader instead so TG missions never load ever with T2, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Use NewDarkLoader, FMSel or Angel Loader instead so TG missions never load ever with T2, etc.
    Oh yes, totally forgot I have NewDarkLoader on Thief Gold myself
    Last edited by Just_Pooka; 11th Jan 2021 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Pooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappenduster
    Strange, I saw these two UFOs
    Were they there when you were just playing the mission and going about? Are you using TFix? I've only tested this mission with NewDark 1.27
    I discovered them later, when I had nearly all the loot. It was a place I hadn't visited before, I used the key to get into the house with the floating sleeper.

But as you mention it, I looked at the version and my Thief1 still is 1.26, maybe that is the reason for the floating sleepers. I don't play Thief1 missions very often and am sometimes tired of those many updates.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I tried loading it with NewDarkLoader and it's still the same problem.

Did Alcazar work if you got to play that? I wonder if I did anything differently

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfeldt View Post
    I tried loading it with NewDarkLoader and it's still the same problem.
    Yeah but are you loading it for the right game? This is a Thief Gold mission.

Yes, my mistake, I thought NewDarkLoader played them no matter what game these missions are for. I'm gonna have to figure out how to open Alcazar (same issue) and Nightwalk with Thief Gold. I'm not very good with technology so, sorry if I ask questions that might seem stupid haha.

Nice first time mission! There were some nice climbing opportunities in the city. I enjoyed playing it and hope you'll make more FMs in the future. Finished with 2233/2973 loot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12