TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - Sabotage In Eastport (Jan 8, 2021)

1 Million Units Contest - Sabotage In Eastport (Jan 8, 2021)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission Sabotage At Easport by Intruder.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission is for THIEF 2!

I think I've done everything I can, I Burnt both project logs as I assume I should. but I'm stuck on sabotaging the prototype. Where is it?

It is the robot patrolling on the ground floor.

I figured that may be the case as it says so in the readable, but I was looking for a switch/item to actually sabotage it.

Fun mission as always! You manage to exude pure thief 2 OM styled vibes every time you release one : )

Nice mission: took me almost an hour (without a nap in the meanwhile) to finish.

Why the Karras' ass that astronomer's flute isn't a secret?!

Intruder, nice to see you back in the scene of FM authors.

Playing for almost one hour being now in the mechanist building but I failed "killing" the combat bot with my water arrows. Strange.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Good taffer not only loots lootables but also reads readables! Be a good taffer!

Nevermind, a well placed mine did the job meanwhile. Being hidden on the big crate nearby I waited until the alerted guards went back again.

Finished the mission with 1111/1287 but wasn't able to find that §$%&*# P mask.
    Thought it might be behind the Truart painting but after 10 minutes I gave up to search for a button or so

Again like in the rooftop mission it was fun scaring the AIs by throwing crates on them being safe upon the roof.

Seems you've been under pressure Intruder since you had no time to make a version of yout mother tongue ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Finished the mission but wasn't able to find that §$%&*# P mask.

Thought it might be behind the Truart painting but after 10 minutes I gave up to search for a button or so
    You're on the right track. Give the painting a closer look...

Meanwhile, I have a different problem... how do I burn the documents?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Meanwhile, I have a different problem...
    Drop them to the molten metal.

Thank you, that did the trick!

mission complete nice mission one thing i am curious about are there any molds to use as the bases light up

Another excellent contribution to the contest! My ironman run of Sabotage In Eastport was really tense throughout, not just because of some dangerous rooftop climbing, but also because the guards posed a real challenge. I liked this mission a lot.

1st attempt (failure):
    • Normal difficulty
    • Ironman (no saves)
    • 25 minutes 30 seconds
    • 190 / 1287 loot
    • Cause of death: killed by metal beast
    • Failed a jump from the roof of Lady Valeria's to the Mechanist workshop. Survived because I had a slow-fall potion ready and gulped it in mid-air. My fall alerted all the guards in the street and a metal beast from inside the workshop. Took some more fall damage when I could not climb back down a rope arrow I had shot up to a wooden flower bed near Lady Valeria's. Without managing to take out a single guard on street level, I was shot by the metal beast.

2nd attempt (success):
    • Normal difficulty
    • Ironman (no saves)
    • 1 hour 3 minutes 35 seconds
    • 704 / 1287 loot
    • Best moment: After I had climbed down the pipe from the roof of the top floor of the Mechanist workshop, I blackjacked a cyborg Mechanist, but failed to see a nearby watcher. The second it saw me and sound the alarm, I noticed a control panel behind the pillar I was standing and - without thinking - immediately activated it. It turned off the security system and the alarm. That split-second decision saved my run.

Bugs:
    • When you set sky details to low, the sky is just blue.
    • A bucket in Brother Tickspring's room either has no bottom or is sunken into the floor.

Elements that could be improved after the contest:
    • The phonographs in the mission play music or voice clips we already heard in the original missions. Would be cool if they could get some custom sounds, maybe even a voice clip by Brother Tickspring for the one in the Mechanist archive.
    • The metal beast prototype should look different than a regular one. Maybe a protective flap on the back that you have to remove before you can shoot its boiler with water arrows?

Excellent mission , only one question : I handed the precursor mask to the fence, picked up what he gave me, but when I finish the mission, this objective is marked as not accomplished. Any idea ?

Mission beaten in almost 1 hour and collected 1140 loot + completed job offer. I found loot objective to be really tight and some climbing felt awkward, but it was interesting challenge. There are well placed enemies and I think it is the hardest mission to ghost. I was a bit disappointed that reward for job offer isn't loot. Also out of every submissions, this mission has the most completed and involved main story. In short it was really great mission.

Intruder, nice to see you back in the scene of FM authors.

Playing for almost one hour being now in the mechanist building but I failed "killing" the combat bot with my water arrows. Strange.
    The readables kinda point that out, donīt they? Itīs a prototype, one that canīt be destroyed with water arrows. Sure the readables donīt actually say it but since itīs pretty far in the metal age I thought it was kinda obvious that it canīt be a prototype of just a normal bot. You can destroy it with mines though

I really loved this mission, probably my new favourite of the contest. Including a thieves highway (even if just a small one) is always the best

Quote Originally Posted by JoergA View Post
    Excellent mission , only one question : I handed the precursor mask to the fence, picked up what he gave me, but when I finish the mission, this objective is marked as not accomplished. Any idea ?
    By "marked as not accomplished" do you mean that the objective's checkbox was not ticked off in green or that the checkbox was ticked off with a red X (i.e. it failed)?

Excellent. I enjoyed this mission a lot and had a sense of achievement. Playing on Normal I found 993/1287. I wasted many water arrows (not realising I was firing at the prototype) before using something else and then, belatedly, I read the project file. DOH! After it collapsed, just to be sure it was “disabled” and disassembled, I did the standard striking with a sword 8 time. I didn't find any molds/moulds. Very good! Loved it. Still lots to explore. Thank you.

I've scoured Lady Valeria's place for ages now, and can find no hint of the mask. Or any painting of Truart for that matter. What am I missing?

Edit: Immediately found it as soon as I posted.

For anyone else stuck - the Truart painting is over the stairs up from where the servant girl is stood, and it opens a panel above a bookcase behind where the painting is.

...and finished.

That was great fun - story and the way it tied into the T2 original story was great. Exploring the rooftops and windowsills was a lot of fun. Only problem I think is that the space limitations definitely hurt the sense of scale in the mission - I think it would have been better to be slightly wider and less tall. But still, a really fun, interesting mission and well worth a play!

Finally finished.

A lovely mechanist mission with a lot of opportunities to climb. This is maybe the most vertical mission of the contest. The loot objective on expert difficulty was really tight, in addition loot was partially extremely well hidden. So according to master the loot goal, there is really some difficulty in here. I really wished that the prototype robot had something special, like an unique texturing but it was only a defaut robot with the water stim removed.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Elements that could be improved after the contest:
    • The phonographs in the mission play music or voice clips we already heard in the original missions. Would be cool if they could get some custom sounds, maybe even a voice clip by Brother Tickspring for the one in the Mechanist archive.
    • The metal beast prototype should look different than a regular one. Maybe a protective flap on the back that you have to remove before you can shoot its boiler with water arrows?
    I agree with these two items. The music has been used extensively in Thief 2 missions, and I think it would help if the combat bot had a different look. I can't remember the mission that had a different boiler or some kind of cover on the boiler on the bots.

I just finished with about 200 short of max loot. The only trouble I had was in climbing the building with the various plant potter balconies... I kept falling off. :laugh:

Not to complain, but the room brushing was off in some areas and made it sound like I was outside when I was inside. There was a good use of space though.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I've scoured Lady Valeria's place for ages now, and can find no hint of the mask. Or any painting of Truart for that matter. What am I missing?

Edit: Immediately found it as soon as I posted.

For anyone else stuck - the Truart painting is over the stairs up from where the servant girl is stood, and it opens a panel above a bookcase behind where the painting is.
    What do we do with the painting?
    Last edited by john9818a; 9th Jan 2021 at 18:18.

This mission was awesome! Played on HARD.

Very good use of space
    A classic Thief atmosphere with solid quality (in fact, if I didn't knew it's from 2021, it could be from any year from 2000-2021, because it's timeless and very simple good quality style)
    Good and suitable ambients everywhere (only exception is one of the upper floors of the Mechanist workshop, where there are too many ambient tracks audible at the same time)
    An overall exceptionally smooth and enjoyable gameplay

Congrats, and keep those missions coming in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    What do we do with the painting?
    Assuming that you've accepted the fence's job offer before the mission started you should take close look at the scepter he's holding.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Assuming that you've accepted the fence's job offer before the mission started you should take close look at the scepter he's holding.
    No I never saw anything like that before the beginning. The mission started just like any other, and then I KO the servant as soon as possible.

Edit: I figured it out. I had to purchase the job offer.
    Last edited by john9818a; 9th Jan 2021 at 22:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast