TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: User's manual for scripts/usermods

User's manual for scripts/usermods

I've stumbled upon a curious usermod which adds lantern to player's inventory in every mission. Tried to find some documentation about how to do similar things (and I really need it for some private crazy reasons) but failed.

Do we have some manuals regarding these scripts?

Zombified
    only what is available in the NewDark documentation, and on this site. to make it short, you use the tools, your skills and imagination to put something together.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    only what is available in the NewDark documentation, and on this site. to make it short, you use the tools, your skills and imagination to put something together.
    Hmm, so where to start? I really have found nothing regarding the question.

Zombified
    depends on what you want to do - generally, having at least a basic grasp of the Dromed editor would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    depends on what you want to do - generally, having at least a basic grasp of the Dromed editor would be a good start.
    I just want to create a script that will add some basic stuff to the player's inventory at the mission start. Nothing crazy.

Zombified
    then you need to know what the inventory does upon level start first, and then you can start to think about how to tweak it either by modifying obj props, assigning 3rdparty scripts and telling them what to do, or writing something completely custom.

>Zombified

True.