TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the name of a fan mission? Ask here!

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    Does anybody know a fan mission that has stone enemies from thief 3? I can't remember the name, but it was castle/mansion with this kind of enemies.
    Not sure, but maybe Malazar's Inscrutable Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Not sure, but maybe Malazar's Inscrutable Tower.
    No, not that one. I know that mission; I've played it before. The one i am talking about was released more than 5 years or even more i think.

There is at least one mission which has another enemy who reacts like the statues in "Malazar's Inscrutable Tower": "Darkness Walk with us" has a female undead who only moves if you look away from her. No moving statues there, though, and certainly no mansion or castle-like buildings.

I also dimly remember a mission which had enemies, probably walking statues or some kind of stone giants, who used the voice sets from Thief 3 ("Find and find and find and crush and kill!"), but can't remember it or find it in my notes collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    No, not that one. I know that mission; I've played it before. The one i am talking about was released more than 5 years or even more i think.
    The mission you're thinking of is probably The Den by GaŽtane.

Thats my first guess too. The Den!

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    The mission you're thinking of is probably The Den by GaŽtane.
    I am not 100% sure if this is the one. I will check it tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Help finding a mission!

Can you guys help me find a mission? I can't remember if it's a TDM mission or a Thief FM. I've asked around at the TDM threads, but no luck yet, but lots of great suggestions of missions I've forgotten. I could swear this one's a TDM mission, but since I've checked quite a few, maybe it's a T2 FM...?

The mission area is composed of a curved section of a paved city street with a cart and sentry posts (that's where the mission starts) and a mansion where a murder happened, I think. I can't remember if there was a supernatural element...

You start in front of a closed wooden gate. The street curves ahead to the right, and the mansion is on the right as well. A wall is one the left, with nothing behind it. It's not a city but a rural area, I think. Two sentry stations are between two ornate wrought iron gates on the right, behind which is the courtyard of a manor, possibly two-storied.The sentry post had a window overlooking the street, possibly a one you can open, and to get to the gate(s) you had to either hug the back wall of the street or crawl under the window to avoid detection. There's a dude inside at least one of the sentry stations, plus there's a patrolling guard...?

The main story takes place inside the manor. I vaguely recall a murder, the theft of something priceless, and possibly something supernatural...

Argh, my poor memory! Any help would be appreciated!

It sounds like the Highwater Mansion - a mission in Death's Cold Embrace

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    Yes Mission two i think.

Yes this makes me think of mission 2 of Deaths Cold Embrace as well.

Oh cool, I know I've played that one, but when? Who remembers? Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Oops! Thanks for the reminder, Zap :P

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Merged

Yes, this was the one! The second mission, A Formula For Success, the Highwater Mansion. Thanks so much, everyone <3

I'm trying to remember a FM that takes place at night in a city with cannals. Very blueish. Very Venetian. You had several 90 degree turns as the level design roughly followed the canal itself. I was sure it was a nicked mission because it looks like one of his, but it wasn't.

The most obvious answer would, of course, be "Sneaking through Venice" by the late Naks, but there is also "The Ashen Age (part 1)" by Sliptip, which also has some more or less "Venetian properties".

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    The most obvious answer would, of course, be "Sneaking through Venice" by the late Naks, but there is also "The Ashen Age (part 1)" by Sliptip, which also has some more or less "Venetian properties".
    For completely unrelated reasons I downloaded Lady Rowenas' Home Sweet Home again, after I posted, and that was it! Thanks anyway!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Home Sweet Home was actually based on the OM Ambush, for those who didn't realize.

I'm trying to remember the name of a mission that i played some years ago, unfortunately i have vague memoirs of it: i think it is from a German author (non 100% sure about that) and it is set in an underground town (populated by actual people, not a pagan or Lost City setting). I know, very scarce details, hope someone wil be able to help.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkins View Post
    I'm trying to remember the name of a mission that i played some years ago, unfortunately i have vague memoirs of it: i think it is from a German author (non 100% sure about that) and it is set in an underground town (populated by actual people, not a pagan or Lost City setting). I know, very scarce details, hope someone wil be able to help.

Thanks.
    Is it The Book of Prophecy - Part 2: The Hidden City by Schattengilde?

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124998

Quote Originally Posted by itllrun10s View Post
    Is it The Book of Prophecy - Part 2: The Hidden City by Schattengilde?

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124998
    Yes, you got it, many thanks!!

suddenly trying to remember an older mission that involved killing someone as an objective. i know for sure it involved an extensive keyhunt in a manor and when finally reaching the target, he was already on the attack, i think in a dark room.

That sounds a lot like Nightcrawler to me, except for the last bit.

sounds about right, thanks. i had gone through Shadow of Doubt last year but seemed to have blurred things quite a bit already.

Hey guys, I am looking for T2 FM mission... Large underground Castle, with large halls, columns.
    The corridors of the castle were guarded by invisible guards,(no Unseen)in helmets with horns, slightly visible in the light. When approaching, the guards made a specific noise .. fm big, many objectives.
    Maybe someone will remember ..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast