TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Looking for the name of a fan mission? Ask here!

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    Does anybody know a fan mission that has stone enemies from thief 3? I can't remember the name, but it was castle/mansion with this kind of enemies.
    Not sure, but maybe Malazar's Inscrutable Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Not sure, but maybe Malazar's Inscrutable Tower.
    No, not that one. I know that mission; I've played it before. The one i am talking about was released more than 5 years or even more i think.

There is at least one mission which has another enemy who reacts like the statues in "Malazar's Inscrutable Tower": "Darkness Walk with us" has a female undead who only moves if you look away from her. No moving statues there, though, and certainly no mansion or castle-like buildings.

I also dimly remember a mission which had enemies, probably walking statues or some kind of stone giants, who used the voice sets from Thief 3 ("Find and find and find and crush and kill!"), but can't remember it or find it in my notes collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    No, not that one. I know that mission; I've played it before. The one i am talking about was released more than 5 years or even more i think.
    The mission you're thinking of is probably The Den by GaŽtane.

Thats my first guess too. The Den!

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    The mission you're thinking of is probably The Den by GaŽtane.
    I am not 100% sure if this is the one. I will check it tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Help finding a mission!

Can you guys help me find a mission? I can't remember if it's a TDM mission or a Thief FM. I've asked around at the TDM threads, but no luck yet, but lots of great suggestions of missions I've forgotten. I could swear this one's a TDM mission, but since I've checked quite a few, maybe it's a T2 FM...?

The mission area is composed of a curved section of a paved city street with a cart and sentry posts (that's where the mission starts) and a mansion where a murder happened, I think. I can't remember if there was a supernatural element...

You start in front of a closed wooden gate. The street curves ahead to the right, and the mansion is on the right as well. A wall is one the left, with nothing behind it. It's not a city but a rural area, I think. Two sentry stations are between two ornate wrought iron gates on the right, behind which is the courtyard of a manor, possibly two-storied.The sentry post had a window overlooking the street, possibly a one you can open, and to get to the gate(s) you had to either hug the back wall of the street or crawl under the window to avoid detection. There's a dude inside at least one of the sentry stations, plus there's a patrolling guard...?

The main story takes place inside the manor. I vaguely recall a murder, the theft of something priceless, and possibly something supernatural...

Argh, my poor memory! Any help would be appreciated!

It sounds like the Highwater Mansion - a mission in Death's Cold Embrace

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    Yes Mission two i think.

Yes this makes me think of mission 2 of Deaths Cold Embrace as well.

Oh cool, I know I've played that one, but when? Who remembers? Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Oops! Thanks for the reminder, Zap :P

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Merged

Yes, this was the one! The second mission, A Formula For Success, the Highwater Mansion. Thanks so much, everyone <3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345