TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walkthroughs, Loot lists and Lets Plays...All in one place!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Great job!
    This should be stickied or whatever.
    Agreed. It's a really great resource except for the title. [currently "All the Cheats......All in one Place."]

There ARE cheats in/for TG and T2 (not sure about T3) but none of them are listed here

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    There ARE cheats in/for TG and T2 (not sure about T3) but none of them are listed here
    Don’t understand what you mean, can you expand?

As for title of thread I was trying to be clever and was thinking on the lines of ‘The Stonemarket stall’ initially, but couldn’t think of anything catchy, clever or that fully explained the purpose of the thread, so any alternative title for this thread is very much welcome.

When I think of cheats, I think of typing in a code that puts me in God mode, or a "no clip" mode that allows me to walk through walls. Not walkthroughs or lootlists. Maybe it's better to just explain everything plainly, using those exact phrases and words.

What a great resource! Thanks for taking so much time to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    When I think of cheats, I think of typing in a code that puts me in God mode, or a "no clip" mode that allows me to walk through walls. Not walkthroughs or lootlists. Maybe it's better to just explain everything plainly, using those exact phrases and words.
    I agree with that. Gotta admit when I read "all the cheats", I was expecting some real cheats like a godmode or invisible mode or what ever. Why not simply title it as it is: "All Walkthroughs and lootlists". Might be boring and simple, but its the easiest to find

I didnít want to call it All the Walkthroughs, All the Lootlists, All the Letís Plays because I thought it was not only a bit of a mouthful but because there must be a couple of dozen threads with the words walkthroughs, lootlists, letís plays in them already. Guess I was looking for something a bit snappy.

Your the clever ones, what can you guys think of?

As for being easy to find, Iím guessing one of the mods will sticky this thread, seems to be quite popular.
    Last edited by fortuni; 14th Apr 2021 at 07:58.

If you don't call it "All the Walkthroughs, All the Lootlists, All the Letís Plays", why don't you call it simply "All the All"?

Seriously, the only thing I can think of would be something like "Mission Hints - all in one place". No idea whether that would be better than "All the Cheats... All in one Place".

“All Walkthroughs, Lootlists and Let’s Plays” properly describes the content of the thread, therefore I would prefer this title.

I agree with Username. The title definitely needs to change, but it doesn't have to be catchy or flashy. Informative and to the point is the way to go.

I agree with the two above. It should have walkthrough and lootlist in its title because thats what people will type in when they search for.. well.. a walkthrough or a lootlist
    If you give it a catchy, flashy name that doesnīt have the word you are looking for in it, people wont be able to find it if they use the search function. Newbies might not know about the sticky threads and they will try to find them with the search function.

Ok, Okay...I've got it....eventually.....Grrrr

I've asked Yandros to change the title and to sticky this thread.

FYI for future reference, you can change the title yourself. Edit post->Go Advanced.

Happy Now?

I was replaying Augustine's Revenge this morning and my senile brain couldn't work out a bit of the route. I couldn't find the mission in the old thread Videos: Let's Plays, Walkthroughs and Previews but it was easily found in this one.

Unfortunately this thread is fast disappearing down the page - it's at position 30 as I write. At this rate we will soon need to use the search function to find this important source!

Mods, please sticky this thread. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by ffox; 12th Apr 2021 at 10:07. Reason: spelling

Looks like Yandros is on his holidays atm, he hasn't logged on since 4th, so guessing he sticky this thread as soon as he gets back. In the meantime if it drops significantly again just bump it.

I agree. Fortuni's tremendous work is seriously useful resource. Please pin/sticky/whatever for benefit of all. Thanks.

This thread has now been stickied.

All hail to Yandros.

I have to say I still need to get used to it Iīve played several hundred fanmissions in the past months and whenever I needed help, I checked the zipfiles with the walkthroughs and lootlists that are sorted out by date.
    So now whenever I need help with a mission, I first check what year it came out only to realise that I donīt need that Information anymore

Itīs alot easier and faster now, so thank you so much for your hard work fortuni, it really is appreciated!!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Actually Nightwalker had stickied it until I returned, and now it is unstickied but added to the Mega-Sticky thread as is the custom now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12